superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cheesesandwich wrote:
Thanks again to those that have voted. Throw a few more my way and who knows what might happen!

I will continue to try voting more than once. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

aheav83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aheav83
Re: What Dreams Are Made Of

Beautiful work. Best of luck on winning the derby!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Josephus wrote:hey!

what's wrong with being joe schmoe?
-sure it's not joe cho, but we can't have everything! ;^)

..or tgentry, or geekfactor12, etc. Nope. Nothing wrong with it.. at least you have fewer grey hairs, and lower blood pressure with all of the arguing not going on in your design's thread. ;)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Shirter wrote:Hey thanks! coming from a great designer like you thats high compliment. THe background stuff is the "dream" component of the design really. Without it its just a couple folks chatting.. Granted its a little saccharine but so are dreams.. Maybe i'll reuse the design without the background for a appropriately themed derby.

Yeah, I get that, and I can see why you put them there. I think you're losing the girl vote with it, though, because of the shadows. I know from experience how hard it is to sell a shirt placement that will hit right at/under the breasts--and how hard it is to wear. The tops of their heads have the potential to be totally cut off from view, depending on the girl's size and the size of her shirt. That was a lesson I learned with an otherwise awesome shirt from DBH, actually: unless I continually fix my shirt, some of the linework gets lost.

Rather than reuse the linework (generally frowned upon by other designers), I would encourage you to go with this style of drawing again. It's clean and has a lot of potential in it. Was this your first derby, or just the first one I noticed you in? ;)

snowballinguam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowballinguam

Wow, I never thought I'd wear a pig shirt, but this is freakin' awesome. Way to go.

snowballinguam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowballinguam

I wish it had the bird on it that it did in your sig :/, I thought that dream was funny and catchy.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Sleeping Problems

Vote now...Ewe know ewe want it!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
kipsampson wrote:This shirt is wonderful it fully deserves to be in, not only is it a beautiful design but it really exemplifies the competition better than any of the others in my opinion, plus my psychology of consciousness professor would love it!

Thanks! I think it would have been fun for the professor! But, not this time around. Still, if you'd like to PM me, I'm happy to let you know what becomes of the design.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
brizad77 wrote:it has a chance...with the remove vote option ;)

cool shirt...I haven't had many favorites the past few derbies....until now :D

Thanks Briz! I am quite surprised how well my design has done! Thank you for the fav!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: till the sharks got wings...

Thanks to everyone who voted! I kinda liked the style, methinks i'll have to bring it back soetime ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

jdrage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jdrage

A pipe smoking a pipe... Whoa, man.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Minds Eye Resub

76... not bad, i suppose.. Maybe i should stop experimenting and get down to business with styles.. but i havnt found any style that seems to resonate yet...

Maybe its just my bad ideas ;-)

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
nycanuck wrote:Vote now...Ewe know ewe want it!

Don't make the little sheep cry . . .VOTE :P

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
ElectricFever wrote::3 could you put it on a shirt so we can see? I'm fond of your drawing.

Thankyou! I didn't get it onto a shirt until after I had posted it up, sadly. It's a bit late now, but I'm glad you liked it, I'll definitely make sure to next time.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
cheesesandwich wrote:Thanks again to everyone who has voted or will vote for me between now and 1pm tomorrow. This has been a pretty interesting week (comment page, fog, forum, probations, etc), so I am definitely glad I decided to submit this week.

Congrats to the other contenders on a pretty tough competition this week. We shall see what happens tomorrow. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

<crosses fingers>

congrats on pulling into the fog for the final stretch.
it was back and forth for quite awhile, had me on the edge of my chair!

all in all, id say it was a good derby this week ^_^

mwm8180

Re: penguins last dream (resub)

Thanks again for all the support everyone.

didn't end in the fog, but we gave it a good run...

all in all a good derby this week. ^_^

AlvinPing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
honeyeater wrote:The philosophy of "art" and the definition and recognition of it has been debated forever and will continue to be so. [...]

Great post, thanks honeyeater

Beautiful work. Best of luck on winning the derby!

Thank you! And thanks to everyone who voted and kept me in the Fog, it is much appreciated :-)

• Alvin

chipthamac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipthamac
Re: Want of a Need

/agreed

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Dream Analysis : According to Freud.

Shirt gods, please print this shirt! My son is a psychology major and I NEED to buy it!
Besides it is really good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: Midnight Wolf

Thanks for everyone's votes, didn't make it this time but far more higher then most of my other past submissions. You have my humble gratitude.

nycanuck

Re: Want of a Need

Wish I had seen this one to vote!

Similar to Korn cover but not an outright copy.

mcclurch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcclurch

I guess I don't understand why this shirt isn't winning. I love it and really want one.

nycanuck

mcclurch wrote:I guess I don't understand why this shirt isn't winning. I love it and really want one.

Which shirt?

sgruthie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgruthie

My first thought was Jonathan Coulton's "I Crush Everything." I will therefore buy one the moment it goes on sale.

Hey, this post didn't go where I thought it would. I'm referring to Ocean R.E.M.

HeLLFyRe391

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeLLFyRe391

I really love the design of this shirt. too bad it doesnt seem like its going to win . if it was a better color, it probably would have won.

Uberred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uberred
Re: What Dreams Are Made Of

Oh HELL yes....I love this...such vintage illustrative fabulousness.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Uberred wrote:Oh HELL yes....I love this...such vintage illustrative fabulousness.

i am sure that if the people who created the designs are alive, they'd be very appreciative of your praise.

garbagepoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garbagepoet

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: Carry me to dreamland

Real shame that this one didn't at least end up in the fog...

ReneaKat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReneaKat
AlvinPing wrote:If there's something to complain about, it will be brought up. The longer a shirt is in a top spot (and not necessarily in the Fog at that, but top ten, as well) the greater the likelihood there is for an issue to arise, only to be met with those who agree, and those who don't. Most often, this issue escalates to arguments, and eventually sophomoric name calling as the voting week comes to a close. The community at woot is incredibly active; not only are there long discussion threads for "controversial" entries, but it always spills over onto the main derby forum, as well. A whole 'nother argument about the same shirts and topics can exist in two places at once (and then woot self-destructs in an antimatter annihil... wait... nm)

That's partly why I've stayed completely away from the main forums this week, as even though I know things are being said about my shirt there, it's hard to keep up and keep organized. Might as well have everything consolidated in one page.

Oh, and to answer your question: Yes, since Derby #1.

well okay then. i'll stick to looking at designs and NOT reading the forums. i was much happier that way anyway, since im not a designer (my skill lies in other art forms). but on a better note, i voted for this shirt and am eagerly awaiting midnight!

Zombie Season, The Apathy Monster, Full of Ink, Taking Flight, Random Shirt: Suicidal Maple Leaf, What Dreams Are Made Of, Say No To Scurvy, Swim Little Nessie, Random Shirt: Tall Pipes, Nevermore, The Tycoon of ICE, Love of Money, (W)Right Angle Neutrality, Zombeer, Random Shirt: Mr Toast, Fire Dancer, Calypso Weapon, Random Shirt: Mister Bobo Masonic Dyna-Monkey, Can You Spell BRAAAINS!, Imposter, Random Shirt: They Were Delicious, Random Shirt: I wish..., Head Shot

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: Sweet Dreams Are Made of These...

this shirt a black or a dark brown?

I once ate a cricket.

mwm8180

mwm8180 wrote:Thanks again for all the support everyone.

didn't end in the fog, but we gave it a good run...

all in all a good derby this week. ^_^

ps: when i get rights back in 90 days (or is it 60? have to check the agreement...) im going to be getting this printed up somewhere else. ill link to it in my sig. when that happens.

bwwaahhpp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwwaahhpp
Re: A Dream of High Performance

Not sure if any of you watch Foster Home for Imaginary Friends but... this has the feel of the character Cheese. I'd love to buy.

BTW>>Just giddy I bought my 'What Dreams are Made Of'!!!

kinglouie635

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinglouie635

I love this shirt!

cisco7587

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cisco7587
Re: Sweet Dreams Are Made of These...

this one was my favorite : /

PLe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PLe
Re: Rock Star!!

Definite a cool shirt. I would buy by a dozen. :-)

silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
martiedawn wrote:I like it. The clouds kind of look like a billowy dress.

Or a dangerously infected cooter.

silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
Josephus wrote:Oh! too sexy for Joel.
He probably had something more like this in mind...

Holy freaking lol that made me laugh so hard. But i sense someone might be juuuuuust a touch bitter over their rejection.