AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Bakudan The Mad Bomber

Why do I think this guy is mojo jojo's younger brother? Love it, but wish it weren't on brown.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: The Bold Bavarian

You make some of the most unique characters. This guy rocks.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

xtestifyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtestifyx

hohoho, Made me laugh

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520

How the heck is this not winning? How is ANGRY DAY in the fog, but this isn't? This is ridiculous!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
insoliterobotics wrote:Why is this out of the fog?

This definitely has my vote.

I am so DEJECTED! This shirt is amazing. Is there time?

sandmansd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandmansd
SaireEtsy wrote:There should be no apostrophe. UGH.

Actually, the apostrophe should come before the 70. The apostrophe signifies that something has been dropped (the 19). Since it would look funny to write '70's with two apostrophes, the second is left out because its importance is less than that of the first. (The second apostrophe is 'acceptable' but not 'required')

It's all about prioritizing your apostrophes.

So it should read, "I've heard of the '70s!" Which, in my opinion would look better with that font any way.

(As is, I want it to be "I've heard of 78's!"... Hey, that's cooler anyway..)

sandmansd

MGIFF wrote:This is so stupid. Who wears lame animal shirts. This is right up there with the shirts you buy at walmart with wolves howling at the moons.

I think you're missing the point of this shirt. Cheesesandwich may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a spoof.

A really bad-ass looking spoof.

sandmansd

vishneda wrote:I definitely agree that the number joke makes it harder to wear this one.

You guys are aware that 5138008 spells something funny when viewed upside-down, right?

Just checking.

DvyJns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DvyJns
Re: Fight Song

What color is this shirt?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
DvyJns wrote:What color is this shirt?

my guess is heather grey. It doesn't seem dark enough to be asphalt

I hope for the sake of the voters that it's asphalt, though, because heather grey would make this look incredibly bad

DvyJns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DvyJns
AdderXYU wrote:my guess is heather grey. It doesn't seem dark enough to be asphalt

I hope for the sake of the voters that it's asphalt, though, because heather grey would make this look incredibly bad

I don't know if it can be asphalt, it looks like at least one of those colors wouldn't show up on a dark grey background. On the other hand, the shirt in the comp doesn't seem to be heathered. It isn't suppose to be white is it?

vvasabi8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvasabi8
gthree wrote:vvasabi8 - I've been pushing for this one to fog. I really want this shirt!

Thanks for your support gthree, hopefully it'll get into the fog, at least third place. we only have a day left in voting (i think) so everybody please vote!!!!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
sandmansd wrote:You guys are aware that 5138008 spells something funny when viewed upside-down, right?

Just checking.

Why.. no? What ever does it say??

jslsnowboarder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder

delete this post

jslsnowboarder

Re: tag

Comic Sans will never be read or appreciated

penemue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages penemue

Aaagh!! Please stop the pucker!

kingdomgraphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdomgraphics
Re: Boxer Boy Saves the Day!

wow, a rectangular creature in shorts, sounds just like this cartoon i might have heard about on nickelodeon. paging mr squarepants...

kingdomgraphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdomgraphics
Re: REDRUM

what does the title have to do with the shirt?

clintondavidn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn
2thFairy wrote:I think you are. You should get out of the house once in awhile.

Or at least off the computer L O L jejeje

jslsnowboarder

gthree wrote:Thanks for your intellectually stimulating and, really, spot-on analysis of that repugnant "IT" shirt. Would-be designers like vishneda would do well to heed your critique and cease their miserable attempts at design. Bravo sir, for putting the kabash on such tomfoolery so succinctly and (dare I say) bravely. Please continue to fight the good fight against bad design, lest more of it enter (and remain in) our beloved fog! Huzzah!

That's the best compliment i have ever received.
Thanks for the reply.

gthree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gthree
jslsnowboarder wrote:That's the best compliment i have ever received.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't read much.

eatairoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatairoth

My very first post, to say I love this shirt. I too voted, and encouraged my labmates to vote, for this shirt in its first running. I hope it makes it through the fog this time around. In response to Patchitect:

1 - the paint splotches come across as a bit of a cop out on your part. they come across, not as how street art is seen by the masses, but as poor execution by your rebel. If it were a stenciled tag, similar to Banksy's rodent (your own, perhaps) it might make more sense.

I don't think a stenciled tag or other more intentional design would necessarily make more sense. Rather, here is my interpretation which may lend sense to having splotches in place of another more deliberate graphic. The splotches look like those small discreet sprays/spurts one might make to clear older paint or an undesired color out of a can spray tip. To me, these splotches are the byproduct, the secondary evidence, indicating that graffiti's been made...that or a preparatory gesture indicating "Now I'm ready to start." Besides, I think stenciled work or tag's are played out in mass produced shirts (ecko, mossimo, and more).

-eatai

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

In regards to the IT shirt....

Waaagh

we are professional graphic artists that can really do neato things with photoshop

waaagh

its not fair this simplistic design wins

waaaaagh

the voters are all crazy losers

Guess what
I know this poor guy who can rap mad skillz
hes The master of the mic
his topics suck and the beats he lays them down to suck worse.

waaaagh...he's still a poor guy.

Just being good isnt good enough - give the people what they want and you make money...thats it. No need to insult 700-800 voters. Anyone can print any shirt anytime they want. Drop another $10, get what you want, and let it go.

This artist is good AND has a topic that is connecting with the audience. That is commerce in America folks. Give the people what they want. I'm in for 2 for sure.

Turn the Waagh Waagh box down and have a nice day.

sherah1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherah1
Re: Fight Song

The detailed view reveals what a pixilated mess this shirt would be should it get printed. Plus, those hard, vertical edges on the left and right of the design would make this look awful as a shirt. And, gray doesn't help its cause either. No thanks.

FlirtCub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FlirtCub
vishneda wrote:I remember he said this thing took him like 10 hours to draw or something insane like that. I was rooting for it back then for sure.

10 hours? That's dedication! You can definitely tell some work went into it...

cwilco01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01
Re: National Colorblind Day

I work @ an eye clinic and it would be awesome to buy this one

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
Re: The only light in the deep

Well, even if this doesn't make it, I really, really REALLY would like one of these shirts for my friend who is a marine biologist and loves molluscs. The only shirts I've ever seen are cartoony and not well designed!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sayah wrote:In regards to the IT shirt....

Waaagh

we are professional graphic artists that can really do neato things with photoshop

waaagh

its not fair this simplistic design wins

waaaaagh

the voters are all crazy losers

Guess what
I know this poor guy who can rap mad skillz
hes The master of the mic
his topics suck and the beats he lays them down to suck worse.

waaaagh...he's still a poor guy.

Just being good isnt good enough - give the people what they want and you make money...thats it. No need to insult 700-800 voters. Anyone can print any shirt anytime they want. Drop another $10, get what you want, and let it go.

This artist is good AND has a topic that is connecting with the audience. That is commerce in America folks. Give the people what they want. I'm in for 2 for sure.

Turn the Waagh Waagh box down and have a nice day.

This is a horrible analogy for a number of reasons. Namely, your friend might sound good rapping, and might have a strong flow, but he clearly has no clue how to turn this into a song, because his topics are poor and his music is worse. Part of being a musician is learning how to make full songs.

I think every shirt in this derby is a complete shirt. They're thought out and, at least in theory, completely viable as a design. If we're using a music comparison, the shirts that have more skillful art on them are Jazz players, bluegrass players, prog-rock masterpieces, opera singers... people who have incredible skill and compositional abilities, but cannot appeal to the masses like a lowest common denominator can. There is no "opinion" needed to know that Britney Spears is not more talented than Miles Davis was, but I wonder who sells better day-to-day?

There are large, vocal groups that don't believe that _______ in America is right. Many people here are very vocal about the Lowest Common Denominator's taste for art. Others are vocal about how consumerist the country is. Without vocal opposition, it doesn't change. If people want commerce to be about selling good products, not about selling more products, they have every right to protest it.

Again, I don't mean to diss this shirt, because it's not a bad shirt. It's simply that there are so many good shirts this week that this one standing out is so confusing. The shirts doing worse than it are not your friend... they've found a vocal market, they're well executed, but they're somehow not resonating. Your friend's rap music is more like Heather Pickens... the ideas might be there, but the execution is apparently horrible. You admit that yourself. It's not that he's not giving the people what they want... it's that he's not putting out anything good. He's putting out crap topics with worse music and hoping his flow carries him.

sbrode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbrode
Re: Seasons Eatings

Only 500 more to win!

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
crho85 wrote:Escalator temporarily stairs, sorry for your convenience

Mitch Hedberg RIP

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

dick122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dick122
Re: How to split your chopsticks

Easily my favorite. Oh please get you some votes Chopstick shirt.

gthree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gthree
dick122 wrote:Easily my favorite. Oh please get you some votes Chopstick shirt.

Sadly, methinks it's too late for my fav to win.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: infinite rest/silence

Looks hardpressed to get this in the top 3.. Come on lets vote...!!!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
sherah1 wrote:The detailed view reveals what a pixilated mess this shirt would be should it get printed. Plus, those hard, vertical edges on the left and right of the design would make this look awful as a shirt. And, gray doesn't help its cause either. No thanks.

I agree. Very good points.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

sayah wrote:I keep coming back to this shirt.

What am I missing? I'm fairly hip and up on the latest trends....but I just don't get this.

I don't recall it even being in the fog before....why is it funnier now? Soulstice, I'm sure did better than this one...... weird.

Can someone who is a fan of this shirt kindly explain why?

I'm going to use it as a warning.
If anyone is stupid enough to bother me when I'm wearing this shirt....well they deserve what they get!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

galgor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galgor

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
dontwantaname wrote:I'm going to use it as a warning.
If anyone is stupid enough to bother me when I'm wearing this shirt....well they deserve what they get!

What's gonna happen when two people who wear this shirt meet. Perhaps a duel of epic proportions?

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
klswoot wrote:True. Delightfully insane! I'm sure you've seen this before:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

It is amazing how the brain works! You can scramble your own sentences here and test it out!

Yes, and I've also Snopes-ed it before, too. For the record, academics at Cambridge haven't heard of it, either.

I really, really hate this urban legend.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
AdderXYU wrote:If we're using a music comparison, the shirts that have more skillful art on them are Jazz players, bluegrass players, prog-rock masterpieces, opera singers... people who have incredible skill and compositional abilities, but cannot appeal to the masses like a lowest common denominator can.

I sing opera. Vote for my shirt?

That should definitely be my new sig line. Thank you, Adder!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mihalis aya wrote:Yes, and I've also Snopes-ed it before, too. For the record, academics at Cambridge haven't heard of it, either.

I really, really hate this urban legend.

Hey Mihalis. Sorry, I should have mentioned that it was a bogus Cambridge reference. (I actually got the paragraph from the Cambridge-related site you referenced. ) But, the idea of the first and last letter word recognition is proven and works. I posted it in response to Patch's funny 'scrambled letter' post. Still...it is amazing how easy the message is to read given how scrambled the letters. My husband's from Spain and speaks English as a second language. He read through the message quite quickly. I've seen the same first and last letter scramblings done in other languages, but I can't read them nearly as well.