andreaxjean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreaxjean

Do you think it's a good idea? I don't know if there are any other pregnant women that love this site as much as I do.. I'm only 2 months in, but if I buy a shirt now, I want to be able to wear it right away. I clicked the 'write us' button and asked about it, but who knows if I'll get written back.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
andreaxjean wrote:Do you think it's a good idea? I don't know if there are any other pregnant women that love this site as much as I do.. I'm only 2 months in, but if I buy a shirt now, I want to be able to wear it right away. I clicked the 'write us' button and asked about it, but who knows if I'll get written back.

Maybe the largest men's size would be alright?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

andreaxjean

eHalcyon wrote:Maybe the largest men's size would be alright?

It wouldn't look right. Like.. it should be a women's.. but something feminine to fit the body. Do you get what I mean? It's hard to explain I guess.. Here's some pictures of regular maternity tees.

http://www.blossommaternity.com/cx-020-sstee.htm

I think the main thing is the shirts are longer and are able to stretch.

eHalcyon

andreaxjean wrote:It wouldn't look right. Like.. it should be a women's.. but something feminine to fit the body. Do you get what I mean? It's hard to explain I guess.. Here's some pictures of regular maternity tees.

http://www.blossommaternity.com/cx-020-sstee.htm

I think the main thing is the shirts are longer and are able to stretch.

I guess that would be different. Well, it says on various places on the site that woot likes to hear ideas. Click the "write us" tab at the top of the site and use the form there to submit your idea.

And hmm... if they decide to do it, they'll probably make the next derby something to do with babies and pregnancy!

andreaxjean

eHalcyon wrote:I guess that would be different. Well, it says on various places on the site that woot likes to hear ideas. Click the "write us" tab at the top of the site and use the form there to submit your idea.

And hmm... if they decide to do it, they'll probably make the next derby something to do with babies and pregnancy!

*giggles*, that'd be awesome.

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri

HAHAHA that would be awesome. I always just wore an XL or 2X. The bump looks pretty feminine in anything.

modestmary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modestmary

Thats not likely..

I dont even think threadless and other such tshirt sites have a 'maternity style'

It probably doesn't make much fiscal sense, but I bet with a little tshirt surgery you could make it fit how you wanted =)

eHalcyon

modestmary wrote:Thats not likely..

I dont even think threadless and other such tshirt sites have a 'maternity style'

It probably doesn't make much fiscal sense, but I bet with a little tshirt surgery you could make it fit how you wanted =)

But that's a point - if other "cool t-shirt" sites don't do it, that would give woot an advantage. If they found a way to advertise it, hoards of pregnant ladies could descend upon shirt.woot to get their share of awesome pre-baby wear!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:But that's a point - if other "cool t-shirt" sites don't do it, that would give woot an advantage. If they found a way to advertise it, hoards of pregnant ladies could descend upon shirt.woot to get their share of awesome pre-baby wear!

the long and the short of it is, it's not financially worthwhile. Woot doesn't even have kids sizes, and those would sell far better than Maternity. Also, be honest, when you pop out the kid, are you really gonna want to wear your maternity clothes still? It's a waste of money for everyone. There will never be enough late-pregnancy-in-need-of-maternity-clothes women on woot at any one given time for it to be even vaguely worth their while.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AdderXYU wrote:the long and the short of it is, it's not financially worthwhile. Woot doesn't even have kids sizes, and those would sell far better than Maternity. Also, be honest, when you pop out the kid, are you really gonna want to wear your maternity clothes still? It's a waste of money for everyone. There will never be enough late-pregnancy-in-need-of-maternity-clothes women on woot at any one given time for it to be even vaguely worth their while.

well, I think there are a lot of women who are quite frustrated by the lack of decent clothing during pregnancy. and woot's demographic seems to be more women than men, or at least as many who vote for shirts- they know their demographic, no doubt. Women of the age between 15 and 40 are all in the age range where pregnancy comes along to a good portion of them- else our population wouldn't continue to grow (OK, much of the growth comes from immigration, but still).

I think there's a reasonable number there.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

I think you are all forgetting a very relevant issue here. I'm not a woman, and have no kids, so I'm not altogether familiar with the term of pregnancy, but last I recall, it was something like 9 months.

So, unless you can predict your pregnancy ahead of time, will SmartPost really be able to get you a shirt while you still need it?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bluchez wrote:I think you are all forgetting a very relevant issue here. I'm not a woman, and have no kids, so I'm not altogether familiar with the term of pregnancy, but last I recall, it was something like 9 months.

So, unless you can predict your pregnancy ahead of time, will SmartPost really be able to get you a shirt while you still need it?

excellent Post. er, point. excellent point.

eHalcyon

bluchez wrote:I think you are all forgetting a very relevant issue here. I'm not a woman, and have no kids, so I'm not altogether familiar with the term of pregnancy, but last I recall, it was something like 9 months.

Well generally, the pregancy doesn't start to show until, what, the second trimester? I'm not sure, but there's plenty of time to get a shirt. How long does it take smartPost to ship? A couple of weeks at most? That would be sufficient. And barring that, you can still spring for overnight delivery.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eHalcyon wrote:Well generally, the pregancy doesn't start to show until, what, the second trimester? I'm not sure, but there's plenty of time to get a shirt. How long does it take smartPost to ship? A couple of weeks at most? That would be sufficient. And barring that, you can still spring for overnight delivery.

Don't know if this is relevant ... but cafepress offers a lot of maternity shirts. And, a few woot designers have offered some of their past woot designs on maternity items. I have a few and I think Jaden and SoothedbyRainfall have cafepress stores. See my sig for links to my store.

Plus, you can customize your own products if you don't see something that interests you. They ship very quickly as well.

Just a thought...and congratulations on the pregnancy!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
eHalcyon wrote:Well generally, the pregancy doesn't start to show until, what, the second trimester? I'm not sure, but there's plenty of time to get a shirt. How long does it take smartPost to ship? A couple of weeks at most? That would be sufficient. And barring that, you can still spring for overnight delivery.

Well, it depends...

Here is a shipment I received from smartpost. It was shipped from Dallas, TX area to Oklahoma City, OK area (about a 3 hour drive up I-35):

SmartPost wrote:Est. in Home 02/07/2008

February 21, 2008 10:45 AM Delivered XXXXXXXX,OK
February 21, 2008 7:49 AM Arrival at Unit XXXXXXXX,OK
February 20, 2008 2:40 PM DC/EVS Arrive XXXXXXXX,OK
February 20, 2008 12:10 PM USPS Entry XXXXXXXX MAIN, OK
February 19, 2008 5:26 PM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
February 19, 2008 5:26 PM USPS Electronically Notified XXXXXXXX,OK
February 18, 2008 6:27 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
February 14, 2008 6:11 PM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 14, 2008 12:00 AM Re-Inducted at Sortation Center DENVER, CO
February 5, 2008 6:10 AM USPS Entry OAK PARK STATION, CA
February 5, 2008 5:12 AM USPS Electronically Notified SACRAMENTO,CA
February 5, 2008 4:57 AM Sortation Center Departure SACRAMENTO, CA
February 1, 2008 2:57 PM Sortation Center Arrival SACRAMENTO, CA
February 1, 2008 5:16 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
January 31, 2008 5:48 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
January 30, 2008 9:18 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
January 29, 2008 6:18 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
January 29, 2008 5:45 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

andreaxjean

klswoot wrote:Don't know if this is relevant ... but cafepress offers a lot of maternity shirts. And, a few woot designers have offered some of their past woot designs on maternity items. I have a few and I think Jaden and SoothedbyRainfall have cafepress stores. See my sig for links to my store.

Plus, you can customize your own products if you don't see something that interests you. They ship very quickly as well.

Just a thought...and congratulations on the pregnancy!

Thanks. =] And.. I looked at some of the stuff on cafepress. Too expensive for just a tee. That's why I'm so into this site. Only ten dollars, its a good deal. Especially for such stylish tees.