Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I have had this since this morning. It's not so old:

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Schrobblehead wrote:I have had this since this morning. It's not so old:

run away! fast!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
ttdesigns wrote:it looks like a heat trancefer from a inkjet printer

Yep, it is exactly that. I was skeptical about the iron ons and having a white border, but it came out pretty good on a pink shirt. The border around the outside of the graphic was trimmed to about 1-2 mm and turns clear-ish when ironed to stick it on.

My daugher loves it!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
superspryte wrote:

PS - I vaguely remember the girl's shadow being an adult ballerina. Am I crazy?

Thanks! This was the final "pink" one I did. There was another one that I did with blue as well.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Oh boy, I *am* old

Old is relative. If you think of Gaia you're not old. Besides, you're only as old as you feel. Sometimes that makes me ancient. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

artulo wrote:Thanks! This was the final "pink" one I did. There was another one that I did with blue as well.

Ah, okay. The blue one had the adult ballerina. I liked the blue for some reason but I think the pink is way cuter for a little girl. ^_^ Good job!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
superspryte wrote:Old is relative. If you think of Gaia you're not old. Besides, you're only as old as you feel. Sometimes that makes me ancient. ^_~

Didn't say it was a bad thing.. okay, I remember the 70's vividly, and that IS a bad thing...

Idea I had when I woke up. If you don't vote for it, it's ok... took me all of 5 minutes. But it's what I thought up in my head so it's fine to me.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Didn't say it was a bad thing.. okay, I remember the 70's vividly, and that IS a bad thing...

Idea I had when I woke up. If you don't vote for it, it's ok... took me all of 5 minutes. But it's what I thought up in my head so it's fine to me.

lol

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:lol

Funny, but just realized it has TEXT, so I was forced to remove it. Damnit! Now, If I can find a way around the text rule...

SkekTek

SkekTek wrote:Funny, but just realized it has TEXT, so I was forced to remove it. Damnit! Now, If I can find a way around the text rule...

Hey spryte, can you go over to the derby entry thread and delete the postings related to that entry? It's pulled.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hey spryte, can you go over to the derby entry thread and delete the postings related to that entry? It's pulled.

Umm, sure. Bear in mind I don't usually play janitor for someone's pride. ^_~

But I did it this once for ya.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Umm, sure. Bear in mind I don't usually play janitor for someone's pride. ^_~

But I did it this once for ya.

As I said before, ahem, you rock. Edit: Removed the text and resubbed. See above.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:As I said before, ahem, you rock.

No problem. These things happen. Most people don't ask so I don't do it. ^_~

Although sometimes I leave things because they amuse me. For example, I left the comments on an entry that was not only rejected by woot, but completely removed. The image wasn't explicit or anything and the comments amused me so they stayed. Sometimes I love woot.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:No problem. These things happen. Most people don't ask so I don't do it. ^_~

Although sometimes I leave things because they amuse me. For example, I left the comments on an entry that was not only rejected by woot, but completely removed. The image wasn't explicit or anything and the comments amused me so they stayed. Sometimes I love woot.

That's cool... I frequently run afoul of the no text rule since I'm in class, come up with a good idea, and slap it together before realizing I have text in it. Erk.

Now, off to do other work...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
SkekTek wrote:Didn't say it was a bad thing.. okay, I remember the 70's vividly, and that IS a bad thing...

I think Ben Franklin's face has been getting rejected too, but we'll see...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Schrobblehead

Why don't you let me get a sip for fifteen cents?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

I dunno, it doesn't say "greed" as well without the text. I could interpret the Benjamin as the product of hard work, earned a penny at a time, not necessarily the price of a glass.

SkekTek

SailorButterfly wrote:I think Ben Franklin's face has been getting rejected too, but we'll see...

It got rejected in one other because it was a carbon copy of the bill. I don't think mine
ll get nailed. It's a highly modified version of Ben (he's smirking), but still looking enough like him to suggest a $100 bill.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:I dunno, it doesn't say "greed" as well without the text. I could interpret the Benjamin as the product of hard work, earned a penny at a time, not necessarily the price of a glass.

Well, I'd put an arrow or equal sign, but those would most likely qualify as text. Did the best I could do within the limitations of the contest rules. I thought the kid wearing bling would hammer the cost home...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:
Now that would be a great contest (I'll post it on the other thread with derby ideas)- design for a kids shirt. IE- has to be G rated and not scary/threatening/etc

Josephus wrote:So, a typical derby design? a pablum design contest! like every week!

I know you're teasing, but there have been several shirts that won that freak out my kids. They're *kinda* OK with me wearing Zombie Garden right now. Can't cope with Bunny Foo Foo or Death on a Unicorn. There were others, too. perhaps my kids are overly sensitive. OTOH, there are things my kids don't find offensive that woot rejects for not being PG-13.

The world is a mind-boggling place!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Schrobblehead wrote:I have had this since this morning. It's not so old:

so cute!!! and yet freaky.

that pup looks like he/she is related to our Australian Cattle Dogs! I've got to take some pictures on the beach and watch the blue disappear on the rocks while the red disappears on the sand.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

no1

SkekTek wrote:Well, I'd put an arrow or equal sign, but those would most likely qualify as text. Did the best I could do within the limitations of the contest rules. I thought the kid wearing bling would hammer the cost home...

Not as clean as your design, but you could add a thirsty customer dropping a wad of bills into one of the kid's grubby little hands. The other hand would be gesturing "stop" at other customers who just had coins.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

i've posted my weekly maunderings in the main derby forum for y'alls reading enjoyment. Or not. :P

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Not as clean as your design, but you could add a thirsty customer dropping a wad of bills into one of the kid's grubby little hands. The other hand would be gesturing "stop" at other customers who just had coins.

There's an idea... and too much additional work I did have this other one, but nobody gave me feedback so I didn't finish it:

no1

SkekTek wrote:There's an idea... and too much additional work I did have this other one, but nobody gave me feedback so I didn't finish it:

Funny, that doesn't look much like beautiful tulip Cheney.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:There's an idea... and too much additional work I did have this other one, but nobody gave me feedback so I didn't finish it:

Its probably time to give up for this derby. If I had time to make further designs this week I would probably start working on a submission for the inevitable "Summer" derby, but I've been a busy bee.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Schrobblehead wrote:Its probably time to give up for this derby. If I had time to make further designs this week I would probably start working on a submission for the inevitable "Summer" derby, but I've been a busy bee.

Summer derby? Bikinipucker!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Its probably time to give up for this derby. If I had time to make further designs this week I would probably start working on a submission for the inevitable "Summer" derby, but I've been a busy bee.

Yeah, that was a design I came up with on Saturday. I'm just showing it off for what it was. So, my lemonade stand got rejected for 7 colors, of all things... figures.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Funny, that doesn't look much like beautiful tulip Cheney.

It's hard to come up with a GW caricature that doesn't look like someone else's.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, that was a design I came up with on Saturday. I'm just showing it off for what it was. So, my lemonade stand got rejected for 7 colors, of all things... figures.

Easy enough to fix. Just put it on a lemon shirt and drop the yellow. All dudes like lemon colored shirts right?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

if we have a summer derby, I'm entering a tree AND flowers! Or maybe just a tree. A dead tree. Strangled to death by kudzu.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Schrobblehead

AttilaTheMom wrote:if we have a summer derby, I'm entering a tree AND flowers! Or maybe just a tree. A dead tree. Strangled to death by kudzu.

That's pretty funny. I actually hope we don't see another seasonal derby, but they have to complete the loop so I bet they have it in late June. That gives us a few tree-free weeks.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:That's pretty funny. I actually hope we don't see another seasonal derby, but they have to complete the loop so I bet they have it in late June. That gives us a few tree-free weeks.

You're jinxing it!

There are at least three designs in every derby, and at least one always does well. I just counted 4 entries with at least a twig on it... people cannot resist.

no1

SkekTek wrote:There are at least three designs in every derby

Sometimes even three tree designs.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Sometimes even three tree designs.

What I want is a tree on fire, chopped up, or filled with woodpecker holes. The heck with the "be nice to trees" sentiment. I want some carnage!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
SkekTek wrote:What I want is a tree on fire, chopped up, or filled with woodpecker holes. The heck with the "be nice to trees" sentiment. I want some carnage!

I think that I shall never see.... something as beautiful as a ......koa guitar.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
TAYLORT5 wrote:I think that I shall never see.... something as beautiful as a ......koa guitar.

the forerunner in campgrounds makes guitars?

srsly tho, that berry beautfiul.

no1

SkekTek wrote:What I want is a tree on fire, chopped up, or filled with woodpecker holes. The heck with the "be nice to trees" sentiment. I want some carnage!

Perhaps someone beating a tree with a baby harp seal.

SkekTek

jimiyo wrote:the forerunner in campgrounds makes guitars?

srsly tho, that berry beautfiul.

Koa is an amazingly beautiful wood. When I was in Volcano HI a guy was selling a huge stump of it (about 12" thick) for $2000... You could have made so much out of it, but you'd need a large truck to haul it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AttilaTheMom wrote:if we have a summer derby, I'm entering a tree AND flowers! Or maybe just a tree. A dead tree. Strangled to death by kudzu.

maybe with fire ants crawling all over it- and killer bees?