+ Add a Comment

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
eHalcyon wrote:@Webfoot - Sorry to see you go. You should understand that the rejection notices are never personal, so you shouldn't take it so hard. That said, I understand why you feel the way you do. Hope to see you around again later.

@SkekTek - I'm keeping track of my entries/rejections with my shirtderbystats user page.

I also want to add that the 30 hour famine went well.

Why are you starving yourself? ":|

Aw, man, I thought I was in the running with 4 rejections. I gotta step up my game So, my shirts are in 17th, 102, 147, 150, 184, 251, 276, 430, 453, 454, and 464th places.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if Joel will realize it is woot related.
This shirt and the bravewomen video made my day!!!!

I think wooter related is different than woot related.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:anyone know where superspryte is? I have a label from Japan I'm hoping to get translated. Anyone else can translate it?
I think it was from a restaurant.

It's a business card.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:It's a business card.

It's a stained business card

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:It's a stained business card

so this is the excitement I missed after 16 hours of sleep?

who knew roller skating parties were so tiring for the parents?

and as a tip - try not to damage your foot or break your oven before a birthday party you are hosting. just a s a tip.

how's everyone's weekend going?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:so this is the excitement I missed after 16 hours of sleep?

who knew roller skating parties were so tiring for the parents?

and as a tip - try not to damage your foot or break your oven before a birthday party you are hosting. just a s a tip.

how's everyone's weekend going?

I'm grading (still)

But I'm at the top of the hotness at the moment for this:

Josephus

superspryte wrote:It's a business card.

dang, it even looks like a business card. It was attached to an unidentifiable box of stuff. kind of roasted seeds and little bits of leaves. no, it didn't smell illegal. I was hoping to find out what it was. maybe I can find another bit of writing to take a picture of.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:dang, it even looks like a business card. It was attached to an unidentifiable box of stuff. kind of roasted seeds and little bits of leaves. no, it didn't smell illegal. I was hoping to find out what it was. maybe I can find another bit of writing to take a picture of.

Could be the business card of the company. Is is perhaps Genmaicha tea? That's green tea with toasted brown rice. Tasty stuff.

namewasbad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namewasbad
Josephus wrote:dang, it even looks like a business card. It was attached to an unidentifiable box of stuff. kind of roasted seeds and little bits of leaves. no, it didn't smell illegal. I was hoping to find out what it was. maybe I can find another bit of writing to take a picture of.

Did you smoke some to make sure?

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Could be the business card of the company. Is is perhaps Genmaicha tea? That's green tea with toasted brown rice. Tasty stuff.

no green stuff.

here's the letter:

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:no green stuff.

here's the letter:

You do know that is sideways, right?

Still single, can't imagine why.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:You do know that is sideways, right?

it's narrower that way.

and that's how it fit in the scanner.

What does it mean, mr. snarky-pants?

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:it's narrower that way.

and that's how it fit in the scanner.

What does it mean, mr. snarky-pants?

It says: "do not open- cursed ashes of a dray of rabid squirrels"

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:It says: "do not open- cursed ashes of a dray of rabid squirrels"

you're not much help either.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:you're not much help either.

Since I'm no help, I thought I might as well make stuff up. At least I stopped pandering for votes... in the last 3 hours...

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Since I'm no help, I thought I might as well make stuff up. At least I stopped pandering for votes... in the last 3 hours...

I'm just a few votes away from more votes than I've ever had for 1 shirt! wheee! so I'll spam you all. who doesn't want a werewolf shirt?

I'm thinking of photochopping that shirt onto someone... hmmm... I'll have to google hairy people pictures...

I can read french, but no cool alphabets

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Since I'm no help, I thought I might as well make stuff up. At least I stopped pandering for votes... in the last 3 hours...

well, why not stop, you're in the top of the hotness, after all?

My wife just did her first entry, with a little help. "Not PG-13" ought to get a whole bunch of votes, I think!

I really don't think he can reject it for being woot related, though maybe for being 'not PG-13'. That would suck.

edit: sure would be funny though.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:well, why not stop, you're in the top of the hotness, after all?

My wife just did her first entry, with a little help. "Not PG-13" ought to get a whole bunch of votes, I think!

I really don't think he can reject it for being woot related, though maybe for being 'not PG-13'. That would suck.

edit: sure would be funny though.

I am so on that... GMV. Especially since I've had, oh, >8 designs rejected in the last several months because of PG-13 issues. Personally, Woot says they're grading things as PG-13, but in reality, they're grading at the G or at the most PG level.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Here's another one from me...

I'm feeling snarky today.

mia3mom

shan24 wrote:Here's another one from me...

really? I never would've guessed!

very cool and gmv.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:I am so on that... GMV. Especially since I've had, oh, >8 designs rejected in the last several months because of PG-13 issues. Personally, Woot says they're grading things as PG-13, but in reality, they're grading at the G or at the most PG level.

it's weird - they are G for alcohol & "romantic" ideas, but PG-13 for violence. there have been a few poor taste or bloody designs that did fine.

this derby is underwhelming in general, tho

Josephus

shan24 wrote:Here's another one from me...

then you ought to vote for this shirt:

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Josephus wrote:Trying to out-snark me

I didn't see that one! I'll vote for yours if you vote for mine hahaha

mia3mom wrote:really? I never would've guessed!

very cool and gmv.

Thanks! I also voted for your Werewolf one, that one makes me laugh

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Too bad the lady across the street is so unfriendly. She is Japanese. I don't think her kids could read it.
Besides, they are young, what if it isn't PG!
Who knows, maybe they can, but they spend Saturdays playing ice hockey, not going to Japanese school. Dad is american and from New England. They will play hockey. Want to or not!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:really? I never would've guessed!

very cool and gmv.

Did your shirt get the most votes you ever had? I gave two of yours all my votes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:then you ought to vote for this shirt:

Where the heck did that shirt come from?
Look, if you think anyone is clicking on all those shirts to see who made them, you are all nuts. There are billions of entries this week.
If it isn't in your sig, I'm not going to find it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

mia3mom

dontwantaname wrote:Did your shirt get the most votes you ever had? I gave two of yours all my votes.

yay! thank you! yes, more than I've had, and now I'm very happy. I've got those 2 in the top 100, and have more votes than ever with the werewolf.

other than that, I think this derby sux. but on the plus side, there are enough entries to get my mind off our oven breaking while I was trying to bake a birthday cake...

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:yay! thank you! yes, more than I've had, and now I'm very happy. I've got those 2 in the top 100, and have more votes than ever with the werewolf.

other than that, I think this derby sux. but on the plus side, there are enough entries to get my mind off our oven breaking while I was trying to bake a birthday cake...

I tried to go on the derby page with firefox. It pegged my CPU at 50% (huge thrashing) and froze my computer until I force-closed firefox.

I think everyone is agreed that this derby will be somewhat forgettable, except for those lucky enough to be swimming in or near the fog.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:I tried to go on the derby page with firefox. It pegged my CPU at 50% (huge thrashing) and froze my computer until I force-closed firefox.

I think everyone is agreed that this derby will be somewhat forgettable, except for those lucky enough to be swimming in or near the fog.

I run the derby in Safari & everything else in firefox. derby crashes firefox regularly for some reason.

congrats on the hotness!

taikuodo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taikuodo

this derby is blah.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
taikuodo wrote:this derby is blah.

that is insulting to blah.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:I tried to go on the derby page with firefox. It pegged my CPU at 50% (huge thrashing) and froze my computer until I force-closed firefox.

The last few have been fairly forgettable. There have been good shirt designs submitted, but few of the shirts that have been printed were ones I could wear.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:The last few have been fairly forgettable. There have been good shirt designs submitted, but few of the shirts that have been printed were ones I could wear.

I've managed to spend money each derby somehow. but I'm really looking forward to a good derby this coming week.

no text will make my week

mia3mom

bluchez wrote:that is insulting to blah.

that could be the funniest thing typed this derby

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:that could be the funniest thing typed this derby

Go slap it on a shirt and submit it

Okay, even I'm getting snarky in this derby....

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:I run the derby in Safari & everything else in firefox. derby crashes firefox regularly for some reason.

congrats on the hotness!

Why thank you! Too bad I didn't think of it on Friday

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
mia3mom wrote:I run the derby in Safari & everything else in firefox. derby crashes firefox regularly for some reason.

congrats on the hotness!

Safari crashed on everything for me when I used it. Firefox seems to be the most stable to me.. Must depend somewhat on the computer.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Safari crashed on everything for me when I used it. Firefox seems to be the most stable to me.. Must depend somewhat on the computer.

Heh. I distrust Safari. Not happy with any program that gets put on my computer without my permission (showed up when iTunes demanded to be updated). The times I used it on my Mac, didn't work well for me either.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Heh. I distrust Safari. Not happy with any program that gets put on my computer without my permission (showed up when iTunes demanded to be updated). The times I used it on my Mac, didn't work well for me either.

hunh - i don't like it in general, but since shirt.woot overwhelms my machine, I'm happy to have it not crash the rest of my tabs.

I don't want to spam here, but I've got to post this:

photochopping courtesy of bluchez, designer of the cool end user/bugs shirt

I am very, very happy.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

So I've been ignoring the Derby Cyberpub lately. Sorry. Did ya miss me?

PS - I just got all excited for the season finale of House tonight. Then I realized it's still Sunday. >_<;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2