Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa

My entry for this week is...oddly neon.

"Number Cruncher"

Thanks for looking!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Mitohapa wrote:My entry for this week is...oddly neon.

"Number Cruncher"

Thanks for looking!

It's beautiful Mito! I commented under the shirt's design. Congratulations on making the fog. Love the colors on the green.

klswoot

With the holiday weekend, I wonder if rejections will happen on Tuesday, or if they'll just let them slide this week.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Hopefully now it's different enough to be a parady. I gave them some new technology--and a new look.

BEFORE

AFTER

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Hey folks. Here's a full sized shot of the sun and rainbow since shirt comp doesnt really show it well... thanks and enjoy

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Owwwww... I've been so busy this weekend, didn't even start working on my submission..
I'll proly skip this derby just because I think Monday morning will be too late to send something. Oh well... guess I'll keep the ideas to use later. Good luck to all the participants, I voted for a bunch of the designs already!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Just in time for halloween I suppose.

Check out my blog:Here!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Panda at Work

daaave33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

Rglee, your art is really sweet! Would you elaborate how you go about composing your images for the woots? You can PM me if you'd rather and it's lengthy. I just hope to have your level of skill at this someday. Thanks!

Re: A Painter's Work Colors The World

~ daaave33 ~

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Thought maybe you guys could help with shirt color choices. I can't decide. Also, if you want to critique the actual design, it's much appreciated. I'm still working on it.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
BootsBoots wrote:Thought maybe you guys could help with shirt color choices. I can't decide. Also, if you want to critique the actual design, it's much appreciated. I'm still working on it.

I like it on red. It's pretty cute.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

Vote on mine pls?

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
no1 wrote:Panda at Work

I like it on green...kinda goes with the bamboo in his mouth...

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

New version of my original.. I'm thinking these colors are more noticeable. Also did a bit of resizing/positioning and +/- details, like Queenbee now has a crown.

If anyone has any more suggestions please, please share.

CHILLI20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHILLI20

This is my design:

The Boss Told him it was a rough neighborhood

Kwatson29

CHILLI20 wrote:This is my design:

The Boss Told him it was a rough neighborhood

rough neighborhood indeed!!

Kwatson29

blammoed wrote:New version of my original.. I'm thinking these colors are more noticeable. Also did a bit of resizing/positioning and +/- details, like Queenbee now has a crown.

If anyone has any more suggestions please, please share.

raise it up a bit on shirt...you don't want the focus to be ont he top of the shirt...the focus is the bee...think of those..all diferent shapes and sizes, that would wear this...looking very good! One thing..."bee's knee's"

BootsBoots

theinfinityloop wrote:I like it on red. It's pretty cute.

Hey, thanks for helping. Yours is more than cute. It's really good. Very well illustated.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

well I didn't think I would have time for this ...
OFFICE POOL play on words

there are too many colors right now (for some reason This always happens to me.the colors change when selecting them.)

Comments, questions and suggestions ???

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

DiamondSoledShuz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondSoledShuz

DiamondSoledShuz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondSoledShuz

jeannette84xx, I would totally buy your shirt. You could even use this as part of a campaign for ADHD Awareness :D

BootsBoots

TAYLORT5 wrote:well I didn't think I would have time for this ...
OFFICE POOL play on words

there are too many colors right now (for some reason This always happens to me.the colors change when selecting them.)

Comments, questions and suggestions ???

I like the ladder being there. It's as if the snorkeler dove in from up there. Funny! Maybe a plank on top of the ladder to simulate a diving board? Perhaps made out of office supplies? I'm not sure what the thing on the left in the front is. The black feet-like things holding... melting ice?

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Wow! I think this is the first time in a long time I really really LOVE all the top four entries! They all gmv!

skladek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skladek

Defend all base (stations). This is my first derby post and I feel like it could use a little work. Any suggestions/criticisms would be much appreciated.

Kwatson29

skladek wrote:Defend all base (stations). This is my first derby post and I feel like it could use a little work. Any suggestions/criticisms would be much appreciated.

seeing nothing....to help out with ... sorry, could be just me though. (meaning my old old old old computer at home)

BootsBoots

skladek wrote:Defend all base (stations). This is my first derby post and I feel like it could use a little work. Any suggestions/criticisms would be much appreciated.

It's a good idea. I think it'd work better if you had a guy huddled behind his desk making paper airplanes. I picture a desk full of little airplanes lined up in attack formation and the guy (maybe) underneath it making more with a crazed look in his eye. Is that too specific for you? It's just what came to mind If you want to just spruce up what you've got, I think you should just add more detail. Keys on the keyboard... mouse buttons... lights on the computer...

It's a nice idea you have.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

A late submission from me:

Negative Work

skladek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skladek
BootsBoots wrote:It's a good idea. I think it'd work better if you had a guy huddled behind his desk making paper airplanes. I picture a desk full of little airplanes lined up in attack formation and the guy (maybe) underneath it making more with a crazed look in his eye. Is that too specific for you? It's just what came to mind If you want to just spruce up what you've got, I think you should just add more detail. Keys on the keyboard... mouse buttons... lights on the computer...

It's a nice idea you have.

Thanks, I had thought of a guy huddled under a desk avoiding the mess sort of like I do when I look at the mess of cords, papers, and random office supplies on my own desk. I'll keep the mind flowing, hopefully I can spruce it up a bit.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
daaave33 wrote:Rglee, your art is really sweet! Would you elaborate how you go about composing your images for the woots? You can PM me if you'd rather and it's lengthy. I just hope to have your level of skill at this someday. Thanks!

Hey Dave. I recently changed my m.o. for shirt designs, so I'd be happy to share my new method with anybody that's interested. I'll use my tin man as my example...

Here goes. I start with a pencil sketch of the whole design, then put a piece of tracing paper on top of it. I then use a Faber Castell PITT F pen to trace the lines. Usually each component of the picture gets a separate piece of paper. I scan it into Photoshop at 300 dpi. Then I create a path and fill the path the way I learned on a tutorial by Jimiyo. Here's the link to this and a few other tutorials: http://emptees.com/resources/30-quick-photoshop-tutorials

Once I do all of this, the result is a clean line image like so:

Then I simply paint bucket fill it:

Then I print the painted image out and slap a new piece of tracing paper over it. I then draw any embellishments, etc. on the tracing paper. In this example, I drew black lines for what would be shadows and red lines for what would be highlights:

After I scan this detailed tracing paper in, I drag the layer onto my original pic and paint bucket again:

Finally, I clean it up looking for any stray pixels or other details. I fisx those using the selection tools and the Fill command. And that's it! It's a lot of fun doing the details on separate pieces of tracing paper, since I can try lots of variations risk free.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the kind words, daaave33, and good luck!

-Robbie

BTW you seem to have joined on 1-29, which is my lucky number, of course!

klswoot

RGLee - Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed response. Your approach is different from what others have posted and I found it very helpful. Never tried the tracing paper approach...but I can certainly see how this could be useful. Great example using your tin man too!

Best of luck this week with your Sun/Rainbow/Moon.

daaave33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

Wow! Thanks Robbie for some really great insight! It's nice to see how a real artist goes about these derbies. As a photofinisher and manager of a pro photo lab here in Virginia I'm finding myself (excitingly) out of my comfort zone in my designs but am learning a lot in new areas. I look forward to employing my scanner and a pen outside my Wacom for future designs. Thank you again for such a detailed answer to my questions. Now, if I can just figure out those cool signatures you've all got... >=0Þ
~ Daaave33

~ daaave33 ~

Kwatson29

Kwatson29 wrote:seeing nothing....to help out with ... sorry, could be just me though. (meaning my old old old old computer at home)

And yes it was my home computer not loading the image...

kvanwyhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvanwyhe

I really like the plunger that just made it into the new hotness!! What a cute/disturbing idea

Uraha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uraha

:D !

One of few derbies that I've actually voted on everything contending in the fog, and not wondered sadly how some of them can make it to the fog...

>:D !

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Kwatson29 wrote:raise it up a bit on shirt...you don't want the focus to be ont he top of the shirt...the focus is the bee...think of those..all diferent shapes and sizes, that would wear this...looking very good! One thing..."bee's knee's"

Hey first off, thanks a LOT for your feedback, Watson. I really appreciate it, and I actually completely agree with you. The reason why I'm so critique-hungry is that I'm actually a student animator, and don't know much at all about graphic design, although I worked for a short time as a screen printer. I hadn't really thought about placement on shirts of different sized bodies, as I've kind of had a recent love for oddly placed designs.

I'll definitely take this advice to heard in my next entry though, and again, I do appriciate it, thanks.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

this design I'm working on is called "the beatles" Don't know if I should put them all on there or not.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

Derby 58 Best Loser Awards posted: http://BestLosers.com

srglancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srglancey
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks for the BLA, Robert! And thanks to the person who nominated me!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

Pretty much too late to make a difference, but woot axed the other one for placement...so if anybody wants to re-vote or vote or anything else:

Thanks!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh