quality posts: 4 Private Messages square965

Ah, the kiddie table. *reminisces*

lol hi

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

poor pluto

Basileus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Basileus

Wow, really? Why do these get picked? I swear, if the red giant and white dwarf shirt doesn't get printed... well, it will be typical. People never vote for the clever ones, it seems.

rlorenz89

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rlorenz89

I like the concept behind the shirt, but both the color of the shirt and the kiddie-like drawing is stopping me from picking one up.

Congrats on the print, though!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Poor pluto... damn planets giving him the shaft.

My question is, does the moon table accept him and just how crowded is it over at their table?

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen

I'm impressed with the use of colors. It feels like there are more than 6 when really not. Congrats on your print

zbusterzsabre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbusterzsabre

I love the design but I just really dont dig the shirt color.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Basileus wrote:Wow, really? Why do these get picked? I swear, if the red giant and white dwarf shirt doesn't get printed... well, it will be typical. People never vote for the clever ones, it seems.

these ARE the same people who buy mattresses at woot...

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal

I'd wear this t-shirt while telling youngsters, "When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet. Now get off my lawn!"

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
Basileus wrote:Wow, really? Why do these get picked? I swear, if the red giant and white dwarf shirt doesn't get printed... well, it will be typical. People never vote for the clever ones, it seems.

I love the dwarf shirt but I think this is quite cleaver as well. Why don't you?

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

I'll never forget you, Pluto!

Props to the artist for making good use of 6 colors and still show drastically different planets.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

sugareeali

Never knew I had so much in common with Pluto.

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag
JadenKale wrote:Poor pluto... damn planets giving him the shaft.

My question is, does the moon table accept him and just how crowded is it over at their table?

Even the Saturn and Jupiter moons are laughing at Pluto.

alarmbruster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alarmbruster

zomg first woot

sugareeali

masterkraig wrote:I'll never forget you, Pluto!

Props to the artist for making good use of 6 colors and still show drastically different planets.

By the way...congrats on second place. I really love this shirt and was so happy to buy one.

shields020

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shields020

I love it how a) Earth is at the head of the table, and b) Jupiter is already done eating like the fat kid at the table.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

This one was adorable! Congrats Kinzoku.

applepielicious

quality posts: 3 Private Messages applepielicious
shields020 wrote:I love it how a) Earth is at the head of the table, and b) Jupiter is already done eating like the fat kid at the table.

Good observation! lol This shirt looks cute. Great job on it.

Don't hate me cuz I'm adorable...hate me cuz I'm younger than you!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Pluto should go hang out with the other dwarf planets - Ceres, Haumea, Makemake and Eris.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I betcha the dwarf planet table is crowded.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

amaschek6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaschek6

this shirt is awesome..

misterpookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages misterpookie
zbusterzsabre wrote:I love the design but I just really dont dig the shirt color.

Same here. I'm sick of light green and asphalt. (Black is tiresome too.) All the sweet designs usually get some boring / odd color.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

That's how I feel most Derbys, but I actually really like this particular shirt. Poor Pluto.

xxchange

shields020 wrote:I love it how a) Earth is at the head of the table, and b) Jupiter is already done eating like the fat kid at the table.

I love how the planets go in order. Now, if I buy it, I'll always have something on my chest to remind me.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye

I love this design. It's funny, cute and even a little sad. Poor Pluto - we still love you, man!

jannieb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jannieb

YUCK!

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

I feel kind of bad for Pluto.

I think if Pluto were a person, it would be a little man, not a woman.

xxchange

nbouscal wrote:I'd wear this t-shirt while telling youngsters, "When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet. Now get off my lawn!"

I like being able to tell little kids, "You know, they used to be called HoHos."

xxchange

Hmm.

Makes one wonder what exactly a planet eats, doesn't it?

Saintness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Saintness

Interesting how the plates are rectangles. I think round plates would have just been too many circles on this shirt. Good choice.

xxchange

Saintness wrote:Interesting how the plates are rectangles. I think round plates would have just been too many circles on this shirt. Good choice.

I vote dodecagon plates. You never see those around anymore.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

I was pleasantly surprised by how much support I got for this design. Thank you for my first Derby win!

Jupiter is definitely the fat kid.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

I like the design of the shirt, but I don't think I'm going to jump on it mostly because I didn't know that we had 2 other water covered planets. I always thought that mars was the red planet and Venus was some shade of poisonous green/yellow or something.

dDrop111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dDrop111

I was hoping this one would win something. Great shirt.

tdokos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdokos

I appreciate the shirt, it's a clever concept, has a lot of nice details, but it's not for me. Congratulations on your print.

dDrop111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dDrop111
elangomatt wrote:I like the design of the shirt, but I don't think I'm going to jump on it mostly because I didn't know that we had 2 other water covered planets. I always thought that mars was the red planet and Venus was some shade of poisonous green/yellow or something.

Aren't Neptune and Uranus both blue?

xxchange

misterpookie wrote:Same here. I'm sick of light green and asphalt. (Black is tiresome too.) All the sweet designs usually get some boring / odd color.

A purple shirt would be good. And not light purple, either. As blue has a royal blue, purple should have a royal purple.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
kinzoku wrote:

Jupiter is definitely the fat kid.

Poor fat kids. Back in middle school, there was this fat kid named Ross, and this one kid teased and called him Ross Beef. Poor Ross.

xxchange

dDrop111 wrote:Aren't Neptune and Uranus both blue?

Please no more Uranus jokes.

Not saying you made one, you just mentioned the name and thus opened Pandora's box, is all.