Derby #107: Bags
Don’t get us wrong, we love our Shirt.Woot bag. But we have needs. Needs that might be better met in an open-bag relationship. Could you be one of those special someones who designs the shirt package of our dreams? Could this be the chance to realize your commercial package design dreams? Well, let’s both of us stop dreaming, because there’s some weird stuff you gotta keep in mind for this one.
* All submissions must use our bag template, in AI, EPS, or PSD format.
* Designs can use only three ink colors: black, Shirt.Woot blue, and Shirt.Woot yellow.
* The bag must be white.
* Designs must incorporate our exclamation-point mark, included in each template. This can be scaled but not stretched, skewed, or otherwise altered. The exclamation point must be white on a solid background of black, Shirt.Woot blue, or Shirt.Woot yellow.
* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will receive a flat fee of $1000 and no commissions.
* You will be credited by name on the printed bags. Do not use the strip across the top of the template, which is set aside for this purpose.
* We’re not necessarily looking for Shirt.Woot-themed designs. Do whatever, as long as it includes our mark and follows all the other rules, for this Derby and the Derby in general.
* We reserve the right to reject entries that don’t meet our standards or reflect on our company in ways we don’t like. We’ll be sending these bags to thousands of people for a long time to come, so we have in an interest in them not being too crappy, obnoxious, or stupid.
* Derby #107 opens for entries at noon on Friday, August 7.
All those rules for a work of art that will be thrown away by everybody who gets it? That’s commerce for you.