imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
Re: I want to be Blue

Whoa! This is really pretty! Nicely drawn whale and fishy!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: I want to be Blue

aw, that's cute. Kinda like the amphibious odd couple...

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
Re: Bluesbird

I like the distressing and the image makes me smile. I wish it had some sort of background or extra distressing spreading out from the design itself just to make it blend more on the shirt. Good luck in the derby!

imsochady

Re: crustacyanin

Whoa! This derby has some really good stuff so far, like this one!

Jestik

Re: They Pick On Me

nice, boots. My daughter would love this one.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
patrickspens wrote:lots of people liked this design, so i wanted to give it a chance to print. I made sure this has printable halftones.

While it looks like it actually might be printable this time, don't you have to make some changes for it to be accepted into a new derby?

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

@ Jestik - It's not specifically supposed to be a phoenix, no.

@ binkdrop - Well, when I was planning the picture I considered making it all similarly colored/shaded (with the egg blue as well) so it would be essentially just a pretty picture. I eventually decided that I liked the idea of introducing color to a bland and flat world more, hence the design. I could have made the egg shaded more like the bird, but I partially like the contrast and partially it would be difficult to do with only six colors (since the egg would require several shades of grey and the bird would need several shades of blue). Given that, I chose to emphasize the difference between the two. Hope that makes some sense. I think that they look different enough that a passerby on the street would at least think that it wasn't a mistake.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
jewelwing wrote:Because that's how I draw my whales.

Fair enough. It looks better and fits in with the original much more this way anyway. Good luck.

binkdrop

patrickspens wrote:lots of people liked this design, so i wanted to give it a chance to print. I made sure this has printable halftones.

I'm sure a lot of people will like it this time around as well. Of course I think the other version was more clean, because you were able to utilize opacity. This version is good, and you did a nice job with the limited amount of colors you could use, but I have a feeling that this might be one of those designs that looks great from far off, but as you look closer it's incredibly sketchy because of the limited colors and because there's no blending.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how well things will turn out for you this derby! Good luck.

Jestik

Re: They Do Not Like Us

so quirky and Seussian. Great color choices as well. About everything we've come to love about your work, Bootsie!

voted!

kn1srut1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kn1srut1
Re: : ( Cupcake = : )

Thanks for checking out my design! Constructive criticism welcome as I'm still new to all this. : )

I hope everyone enjoys it!

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Blue Hares

Sad, sad bunnies. I hate myself for doing a pun, just for the record.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Jestik wrote:so quirky and Seussian. Great color choices as well. About everything we've come to love about your work, Bootsie!

voted!

!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Van Gogh's Witching Hour

Very nice effect on the shirt. Hopefully it prints as nicely as it looks.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Six Shades and Puckers!

Lets hear it for six milticolored puckers on a royal blue shirt! I've been entering on royal blue shirt templates for a very long time and am happy for the opportunity to do so again this week!

Jestik

Re: Either I have the blues, or my kidney is missing.

lmao!

the title is as brilliant as the art.

voted hard.

BootsBoots

Re: Blue Skies

I rather like this one. It's simple, but it looks really nice.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
Re: Blue Hares

"You gots to have blue hairs!!"

(I also, cannot resist)

Gregthavious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gregthavious

The stomach of the humming bird against the flower is jarring, but I love the abstract circles.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: rain

It's blue, very blue... but is it blue enough for a vote or two? It started off more figuratively with sky and clouds and raindrops/teardrops and eyes, but morphed into a blue texture. Fun to do with a restrained palette of blues - on navy.

BootsBoots

Re: The Old Blue Whale

The coloring is really neat, Jewel.

graffosu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graffosu
Re: Nobody Wants to Play With Me

I demarnd ninjer stars.

KTG darkmold.deviantart.com

MaryESP

kn1srut1 wrote:Thanks for checking out my design! Constructive criticism welcome as I'm still new to all this. : )

I hope everyone enjoys it!

Cute! But you'll have to resub without the + and =

If it's on your keyboard, it counts as text.

imsochady

Re: Little Boy Blue

Whoa! This is neato! Love the style!

ichogro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ichogro
Re: Blue Soup

This is my design for this week. As you guys may know Gargamel, counter character of smurfs’, lives Tom and Jerry life to make blue soup with it.
Calling back my childhood memories, I always felt sorry for those enemy characters, Tom, Sylvester, Gargamel, and what else, argh.. I don’t remember the counter of Bugs Bunny.
Anyway, here’s finally a day for Gargamel! I am very excited as I don’t feel pity for him anymore!

BootsBoots

Re: Dance of the Deceased

I love love love the diagonal layout, Drakxxx. Really good.

imsochady

Re: Blue Orchid

That is one cool looking bird!

Jestik

swirly witchy badness!

Manvyi

mrwednesday wrote:Nice. Is there a reason it looks more like a beluga than a blue?

A blue-ga?

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
BootsBoots wrote:The coloring is really neat, Jewel.

agreed! love your technique lately and the mix of textures.

BootsBoots

kenney9226 wrote:Lets hear it for six milticolored puckers on a royal blue shirt! I've been entering on royal blue shirt templates for a very long time and am happy for the opportunity to do so again this week!

Huzzah!

Manvyi

The virtue of simplicity.

Gregthavious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gregthavious

I have no qualms with her stance; I like that she's paying respect to...the moon, a memory, the rain(?) Whatever it is, I don't see her as out of place.

MaryESP

Re: Deep Inside

I like this!

But I don't know if I'd wear it....so sad

I'll mull it over.

binkdrop

Re: crustacyanin

Interesting collage-style artwork. At first it seemed very random but after looking at each individual part I realized how they all fit together. I think you used a lot of very visually interesting techniques (the sketchy style/distressing, different shapes and figures). Neat stuff. I'm sure the sea-loving people will be all over this.

Keep up the good work. I like the way you incorporate different shapes in your piece, to make the viewer's eye keep flowing from one point to another. : )

imsochady

imsochady

Very awesome!!!

ElliottLev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElliottLev

This is only my second time entering the derby so throw some sympathy votes my way please! (Or just vote because you like the design) Either way please vote and comment!

imsochady

Very soothing indeed!

MaryESP

Re: The Old Blue Whale

This is the first shirt that I've REALLY wanted in a long time.....I may break my shirt-fast for this!!!!

(I too, got/like the Picasso reference)

Up!! Up to the fog, I tell you!