paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
theWanker wrote:Thanks for the feedback on the other version. I kept it a little simpler this time.

Meh.

Check your thumbnail files - I think you have them reversed.

kabob983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabob983
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

Absolutely brilliant.

-Kabob

paigeg

smedgrick wrote:in case you're wondering, it never works.

Wow, imagine that. >rolleyes<

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: What Makes the World Turn?

Money makes the world go around, the world go around, the world go around.

Funny that the song doesn't mention the gnomes. You'd think that'd be important. :^)

paigeg

Re: Devin

Wow, this is really beautiful. However, it has bupkiss to do with the theme of the derby, I think the design might be too large for printing (needs to be 16 X 20), and - are those 'shopped photos?
Super pretty, and would probably fly well on Cafe Press, but I would expect a visit from the rejectionator, here.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
ste7enl wrote:Well now I'm just starting to get anxious...can't wait to see how this did in a couple days.

Starting to sink in that you might just win this? It's been great tracking not just the shirt but your reactions in the thread. Best of luck, the shirt absolutely deserves it.

paigeg

Re: How Golf Balls Forever Find The Water Hazard!!

I see you're not getting any commentary on this one. Probably because it's really not apparent what anyone is looking at. Without your description, I really didn't get it. Actually, I still don't, visually. There's just not enough detail to see that those are rowing Vikings. Also, I can't tell at this level of detail, but it looks like you're using gradients, which is sure-fre rejectionator bait. Good concept. Just needs work.

paigeg

Re: How do grammar work.

Ignore my comment on the other thread -they're not reversed. You're just using the same one twice. And neither matches the shirt comp.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:Fair enough. I tried to do something a little different this time around, I'm happy with how it came out, but I'd probably do the whole thing different if I had to do it over again.

Did you ever think that maybe he hasn't painted that last stencil yet?

Lol, no - I hadn't thought of that. Maybe it's just the changeup in style that threw me, but beside your other entries (and past stuff) - readily apparent in your sig - this just isn't half as appealing. I'd love to see you re-work the idea, though, cause it's cute and funny.

Ehwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ehwell
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

I'm going to feel stupid if I'm wrong... But shouldn't it be "write a book about a vampire whom sparkles."

Because you would say "write about book about him" not he, "a vampire" is the indirect object in this case, and who (or as it should be whom) is referring to the vampire.

paigeg

tgentry wrote:Well to be super picky, I didn't say he was well-known for his water gardens just that he did them. Without digging too deep on it I'm pretty sure I remember some ponds and water lilies from Renoir. But you're right, Monet would have been a better pick as he is THE water garden guy. Regardless of which I picked the analogy is still apt. And I agree that there a lot of off-topic entries, they should really get around to rejecting ALL of them.

Perhaps he did. He did so much, I don't really know. I do know the only Renoir water lily painting I've seen is by a contemporary artist with the same last name. Doesn't matter. You're right, your point is still valid. I'm starting to wonder, after the last 4-5 derbies, how many of the folks subbing here really pay attention to the details of the theme. Do they just look at the title, maybe a quick skim over the text? Yeesh.

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Plato's Allegory of the Cave

I had to look it up... Very deep!
Got my vote

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt

I love the design, but between being off theme and being this late in the show, I doubt it will make the fog. If you decide to sell it on Cafe Press or something, let me know. I'd love to have one.

paigeg

logomachinist wrote:Haha. Patience, flattery, and chocolate, they're supposed to be. Just a limited toolset of potential keys to one's heart.

I'm not convinced that would even be legible on a shirt, of course. The whole "hypothetically printed on clothing" thing sort of slipped my mind, really.

Yeah, that's a downfall when Woot allows text. They really should keep the ban in force, but for this particular theme it was almost a requirement. Well, while I love this idea (with the caveat, still, on some of the text being euphemistic), I almost hope it doesn't print. I'd hate to see a good piece of art come under fire because it does'n't translate well to clothing, and then gets bashed by disappointed buyers. Although..... That's been happening for years with Nevermore, and the damned thing is STILL selling.

Ezshrkman

Re: Wine in a Box

I got to vote on this for my girlfriend... She hasnt seen it yet but she will love it!

I like beer in a box =)

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Re: An Antique Polaroid...

HAHA! Hallelujah, back in the fog! I really want to see this print, I'm a huge Discworld fan, and I love the design.

jchuguelet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchuguelet
Re: Birdsong

God - overtaken by a Twilight reference? There is no justice on Woot.

paigeg

ncheremnykh wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for online tutorials on coloring and creating halftone effects in Illustrator? I know that Woot may not allow halftones but I like the effect!

You may want to visit here, and here. They aren't specific to Illustrator, but may be of help to you.
You may also want to just Google "Adobe Illustrator Tutorials". There are a lot out ther, like this one.

paigeg

Ehwell wrote:I'm going to feel stupid if I'm wrong... But shouldn't it be "write a book about a vampire whom sparkles."

Because you would say "write about book about him" not he, "a vampire" is the indirect object in this case, and who (or as it should be whom) is referring to the vampire.

Don't feel stupid, but you're wrong. Don't worry - English is too complicated for anyone! 'Who' is correct, because 'he' sparkles. I knew I was right, but had to look it up to be sure and be able to explain why:
(Example) The delegates differed as to who they thought might win. (Not whom. Here the entire clause is the object of the preposition. Substitution is particularly helpful in cases such as this. They thought he might win.)

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: Meme Machine

I come back everyday to look at this shirt and just think about how much I want one. Best of luck for the next two days!

Ezshrkman

SubBass49 wrote:Haha...didn't even think about the fact that it'd be a regional hit!

"Gulf Coast shirt sales increased 14.3% today on news that a hurricane themed design was released by shirt.woot"

LOL

It’s the talk of the town around here..
But now everybody is killing butterflies “some people are doing it with flame throwers” and the property values have plummeted!
Man... talk about Butterfly effect!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
rogerrogerroger wrote:Thanks! I guess repulsive wasn't the way to go on this one haha..just wait though! Next week's entry is going to be adoraaaablllle..

Ack! No! Stick with cool and weird... maybe just not as gross... I really like the illustration, I just wouldn't wear a t-shirt that's going to make me think twice about my daily intake of ice cream.

~Tico

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
TYH wrote:I scanned paper textures and did some editing by computer, you may imagine it as a separate layer on top of your artwork.

Wow! I'm impressed!

Although I really like this shirt, it doesn't look original enough for me to vote... Looking forward to your next entries!

emmstah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmstah
Re: Meme Machine

I. Want. This. So. Very. Much!

nuvius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuvius
Re: Biology and Technology

This shirt is awesome!!!

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

This doesn't seem to fit the theme... and if that blue color is a gradient it might not even be printable. Still, I voted anyway just to show that I *would* buy one if this somehow gets printed at some point in the future (possibly after being revised). It's quite pretty.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
smedgrick wrote:in case you're wondering, it never works.

Maybe because bees and flowers don't make nectar? Flowers make nectar, bees collect the nectar and turn it into honey.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: How Fireworks Works

Haha! This is cute, I'm surprised more people havent commented on it. Is the firefly conducting the fireworks? Good stuff, gmv!

ShelbyLyn122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyLyn122
blackfoxx12 wrote:WHY IS THIS NO LONGER IN THE FOG??? this is one of the best shirts if not THE best shirt on here! gah i wish i could vote!

Get thee to the Reckoning page a buy something so you can vote!!

Kaitypoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaitypoo

So pumped to see DJ Roomba.

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: how ice cream works.

This is sweet! Pun intended. I don't see how it's grotesque though. It's just a heart (etc.) after all. The placement is obviously meant to be over the shirt-wearers heart. Nicely done, I'm a sucker for anything ice-cream related.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
spilzer wrote:I come back everyday to look at this shirt and just think about how much I want one. Best of luck for the next two days!

Thanks so much. I have said it a lot, but I don't mean it any less. I really appreciate all the awesome support this piece has gotten.

sunniraindrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sunniraindrop
Re: How babies work...

I just got a new puppy and she is about the same thing....

leechei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leechei
Re: Ask Again Later

What a very creative idea!

paigeg

Re: Biology and Technology

>sigh< Rejectionator in 3...2...1...

paigeg

jewelwing wrote:There's one of those prong traps in my yard right now! They also do not work. I sketched out a scenario for that, but there just wasn't room for it. It was the mole building a fortress underneath the trap to keep it up.

We have actually gotten a few with those traps. Very few. Not as many as our water feature has accidentally managed to take out. Know how we finally got rid of 'em? We didn't! The chipmunks kicked them out! Now we have no moles, a booming population of chipmunks, and STILL have an entire NYC subway system-worth of tunnels under the yard. Fewer humpy trails, more holes in the ground. Garrrumph!
BTW - so cute, and so well-done, and so hitting a nerve of mine, too. GMV!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
paigeg wrote:Don't feel stupid, but you're wrong.

Thanks for having my grammatical back paigeg!

High five!

knydies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knydies
Re: Pig Dynamite = Bacon

This shirt needs to be made!!!! If it is not good enough as is, add lettuce, tomato, and two slices of bread. ;-)

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
Re: How Are Books Made?

Love it! Reminds me of Shel Silverstein's 'The Giving Tree'. VOTED!

parkerread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerread
Re: How Are Books Made?

BACK IN FOG NAO!!!!!!!!