paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: V2: how chopsticks work

I agree with the tusks - classic! The frame, not so much. But, even so - this version rocks. So sad it isn't getting more love.

paigeg

guardian66 wrote:Thanks for the input. It's not a bunny, it's a coyote, but one has to be careful because of copy-write issues not to make a coyote look to much like Wiley. But thanks for the comment, I'm new at this and am trying to understand what appeals to people.

I still see a bunny, but I get what you're saying and apologize for the 'gratuitous' gripe. I find myself a bit snarky after a string of rather tough and frustrating derbies. Sorry. I still think it's valid that the silhouette of a human would have worked as well, and probably made more sense. Hope my comments are helpful - they're meant to be.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: as the world turns

Thanks all for the support this week. Great fun watching this guy spin. I think I can. I think I can.

ccao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccao
Re: Meme Machine

I hope you win. I really like this shirt

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

I freely admit, this shirt made me laugh SO HARD.

From a design perspective, the serif font you used is difficult to read on the shirt, particularly from a distance. I DO NOT advocate using comic sans! However, another sans serif font would likely be much easier to read, and if you found one with rounded edges it would have the added bonus of matching your characters.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the other thing that makes the font hard to read is the black outlining/background to the text and frames. With this color of shirt, I think it's dark enough that the white will stand alone and actually stand out more for not having the black bordering. Particularly on the frames, you could just make them a little thicker.

For some reason, the border on the people and stake doesn't bother me. That's probably because they have a lot more white to them so the border is more incidental, and they have other black features (eyes, stake, hair, sparkles)

tplante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tplante
GeorgiaPeachiePie wrote:I thought it was a uterus too.

so, have you looked at a uterus, ever???? it looks nothing like one!! It IS a flux capacitator, powered by bacon! how cool is that? Bacon is all the rage right now!

Ehwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ehwell
paigeg wrote:Don't feel stupid, but you're wrong. Don't worry - English is too complicated for anyone! 'Who' is correct, because 'he' sparkles. I knew I was right, but had to look it up to be sure and be able to explain why:
(Example) The delegates differed as to who they thought might win. (Not whom. Here the entire clause is the object of the preposition. Substitution is particularly helpful in cases such as this. They thought he might win.)

ahhh yes yes yes of course, "a vampire who sparkles" is all its own clause or preposition or whatever. Therefore it is he sparkles.

Hmm, I've been out of Grammar class for far too long I suppose.

On a somewhat related note, this shirt has my vote, I love it.

shantyshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantyshawn
Ezshrkman wrote:I got to vote on this for my girlfriend... She hasnt seen it yet but she will love it!

I like beer in a box =)

uhhhhh....beer in a box....*drool*

djini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djini
Re: Time Warping...Results May Vary

Here's a question. I want to vote for this shirt, but being a total noob, I am unable/unsure how to.

A little help please? (I want to buy one, hence the voting)

Ehwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ehwell
Re: Birdsong

THE BEST ONE HERE!

monkipu123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkipu123
Re: Physical attraction

too amazing.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Birdsong

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Though I respect that a lot, I'd be fired if that was my job.

thatrobert

Re: Brewed Fresh Daily

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: Superior Beings

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Can You Hear Me Now?

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: How an Urban Legend Works

• This is not SPAM.

paigeg

Ehwell wrote:ahhh yes yes yes of course...

I can't stop laughing! I'm sorry - I just got through an audiobook of Kerouac's On the
Road, and this made me hear Dean Moriarty exclaiming, ' Yes, Yesss... YESSS.....!'

tplante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tplante
DivineAna wrote:Could someone clarify for me how "rainbow vomit" is such a loaded, subtle, versatile theme that it merits more than three different shirt designs being sold out there on the internet?

thank you!! i certainly can appreciate art but i will not wear vomit!

Rainseyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainseyes
djini wrote:Here's a question. I want to vote for this shirt, but being a total noob, I am unable/unsure how to.

go to the main derby listing page and click "I'd want one" button above the thumbnail,
if you do not see the button then you may not have ever bought anything from woot.

only accounts who have purchased a product from woot can vote on shirts

paigeg

djini wrote:Here's a question. I want to vote for this shirt, but being a total noob, I am unable/unsure how to.

Unfortunately, you cannot vote unless you have completed at least four years of art classes (two years of which must have focused on the contemporary arts, including graphic design, Leporidae figures, and gratuitous exaggerated drawings of females (males is a less registered elective) wrestling in some oily substance.
Or, you could buy any Woot item (shirt, Woot, Deal, etc.) and become persona YEAH grata and Woot's best friend, and be granted the AWESOME privilege of votabilty.
(Short answer= buy something and you're golden.)

paigeg

DivineAna wrote:Could someone clarify for me how "rainbow vomit" is such a loaded, subtle, versatile theme that it merits more than three different shirt designs being sold out there on the internet?

Vomit, as a topic of humorous discourse, as well as pop art, is prolific. Especially now, after decades of refinement. Imagine. Back in my day (actually, considerablly later than 'my day'), there was a single, badly rendered smiley for 'this makes me sick/puke'. Hell, before that all we had was >P (to be fair, I had to spend an inordinate amount of my time pantomiming my finger down my throat to get my point across). It's gone past meme status ('meme' didn't even exist when the pukicon was born) to cultural icon. It may even become so embedded in the digital-age human consciousness that we forget its origins!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

wasn't going to click on this but.... hilarious. Boo twilight. BOO.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio

i usually don't spend the time to look at shirts in the derby. when i do i usually don't spend the time to vote. when i do i don't usually comment about it.

THIS SHIRT IS AWESOME!!! GMV

If adder doesn't like your shirt it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

paigeg

Re: How the Derby works

In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!
{{Mod note: your image is too large, both in screen size and file size. It's starting to look spammy. Please change accordingly.}}

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

But it also means that you
A. Subbed a great first effort
B. Subbed a design that for some reason just didn't rock the vote
C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on!

paigeg

fishbiscuit5 wrote:I think my thumbnail is hurting me in this case. Maybe I should have zoomed in on one of the characters?

Perhaps - never can tell with the voting Woot crowd. Meanwhile:

In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

{{Mod note: your image is too large, both in screen size and file size. It's starting to look spammy. Please change accordingly.}}

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on!

paigeg

Re: How toasters work in Tokyo

D. I like you

queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
mikenytola wrote:So what? How many of those 18 are in the fog or close to the fog? Why are people complaining so much about the no no bunny rule when there is only one that is even close to the fog?

Uhm. To clarify, the guy was talking about the 18 bunnies... on one shirt. And yea, it's close to the fog. Even you said it was close to the fog...

Agree about the off topic part. Honestly, a punit square would have been perfect, but I'm not sure Ramyb would go for that. Not kawaii enough you know... mongoose. Crapi.

paigeg

Re: How is Chibby Formed? (club remix)

Frankly, I think this design's failure was a direct result of your inability to draw the true amorphous mongoose form. Again - congrats! That is STILL a compliment:

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: Steam Punk Rifle

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: How your house gets dusty

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: How Mole Traps Work

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: Don't Tap On the Pen, They Don't Like That

Still love the title the best:\In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: How Love Works

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: The True Secret of Time Travel!

Something unfortunate happened here. Totally gross and unwearable to some of us, but your talent is undeniable:

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: moon phases

I think a lack of detail in the (sucking) face, along with the thumbnail hurt this one. The concept is funny!

D. I like you

paigeg

Re: how the universe was formed

There are a bunch of problems with this, not least is some lack of some visual context to bring the design together (along with the backward foot on God!). That said, its hysterical, and you should definitely try this one again with more refinement, here or elsewhere.

D. I like you

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
ccao wrote:I hope you win. I really like this shirt

Me too, stranger, me too.

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

I really appreciate this show of support, even if it does feel like a nail in my coffin... at least as far as this derbies concerned!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
nuvius wrote:This shirt is awesome!!!

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

BlindShooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlindShooter

Gmv!

I laughed. Most of my close friends hate twilight and the sparkling vampire was the nail on the coffin - pun intended.