Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Most of us around here have more Shirt.Woot tees than we know what to do with, but Creative Director Dave Rutledge might top us all. The 54 shirts pictured below in Dave's drawer - folded according to the "filing" method we've mentioned on this blog before - represent only a portion of his collection.

How many can you name? Click on both the drawer photo and the numbered key to embiggen. There are a couple of tricky ones, so think outside the shirtbox, as it were. The first to name them all in the forums wins the respect and admiration of your peers!

And speaking of which, we'd love to respect and admire your Shirt.Woot collection, too. Post your hot shirt-on-shirt pics below.

lonelypond

quality posts: 437 Private Messages lonelypond

I think I need to refold my drawers first.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

#44 might take a bit

andrewhime

quality posts: 5 Private Messages andrewhime
kevlar51 wrote:#44 might take a bit

hahahaha, anybody remember that month and a half?

I've been doing a lot of laundry lately and re-organizing my house. I don't have enough hangers for all my Shirt.Woots (hint: my black square could be done just with shirts). I could post a pic of just some of the piles I have on the kitchen table right now, but identifying them would be impossible.

I know for sure I have 3 of The Rustic, two The Cake Is A Liar (got one in the last Bag of Shirt!), and a few other multiples... I even have a Shirt.Woot I sold to a guy who offered me money on the spot (Zombie Hunting, he really likes zombie stuff). And then there's the one Karl borrowed from me and turned into a theft. (It's the one with the very fat cat talking about food using images.)

If you enjoy my horrible posts here, you might enjoy my podcast at http://www.valuecube.com

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

01. Sputnik (?)
02. Acquired Taste
03. Bird Powered Robot
04. Nevermore
19. Argyle Kite
20. Cattè Mocha
23. Devostation
28. Finding Technicolor
29. Some kind of black ugly sweater shirt (I don't know which :[ )
32. Where Cursors Come From
40. The Other Numbers
44. A kelly green T-shirt (I don't know!)
45. Ugly Winter Sweater (own it :] )
47. Ugly Holiday Sweater
48. How We Roll
49. Backyard Brawl (know this because it's on my Woot calendar)
52. We Wish You an Ugly Sweater

14 I'm 100% sure about and one I'm only 85% sure about. Better than I thought I'd do.

May or may not post mine. My woot shirt collection is pitiful compared to this so my drawer is mostly filled with other T-shirts.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
kevlar51 wrote:#44 might take a bit

If it were grass, not green, I'd say it was Green Space

misslyndaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misslyndaj

#20 Coffee Stain Cats
#21 Sangria Summer

All the others I recognize have been posted by MathUhhhSaurus, no need to repeat. =]

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

18 is the pink shirt with a cabbage, Mon Petit Chou is the name (I think)

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

27 Finding Technicolor

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

I thought 44 would have to be one of these, but they're the wrong green!

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6967

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=7273

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
misslyndaj wrote:#20 Coffee Stain Cats

Hey! I designed that shirt!! I'm so honored to be in Dave's drawers. :D

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Okay, here's what I got:

(edited: I've added some of the missing ones as per other people's guesses - giving due credit of course - hope y'all don't mind!)

1. Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!
2. Aquired Taste
3. Bird-Powered Robot
4. Nevermore
5. Air Defense
6. Deer By Numbers
8. Bigfoot Research Institute
9. Onward Robots!
10. Gopher Guts
11. Squeeze
12. Sullen
13. Uh-Oh
14. Killer Bees
15. Hello Squidbucket!(Good sleuthing, KaylaJ!)
17. Stereo Scope E
18. Mon Petite Chou
19. Argyle Kite
20. coffee stain cats
21. Sangria Summer
22. Suburban Blitzkrieg
23. Devostation
24. Sea Chimp or Sea Chimp in Space - Remix
25. GI Metro
27. I've Heard of the 70's
28. Finding Technicolor
29. Ugly Holiday Sweater 2010
30. This Here's My Unicorn-Huntin' Gun - Remix
31. Dino Wino (as found by SkekTek, thanks!)
32. Where Cursors Come From
33. The Class of 2009 Collaborashirt
34. Shades of Winter???
35. I Am The Internet
36. The Frankensteins
37. Take That, Asimov!
38. Second Place, GA State Fiddle Championships
39. Nerd Life, Baby
40. The Other Numbers
41. Hoot or Die!
42. Sputnik - Remix
43. The nation in my head is inside my mouth
44. Too Hungry or Calorie Burning???
45. Ugly Winter Sweater
46. This Here's My Unicorn-Huntin' Gun
47. Ugly Holiday Sweater
48. How We Roll
49. Backyard Brawl
50. Stereo From Above???
51. The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized
52. We Wish You An Ugly Christmas
53. OMG (Thanks again KaylaJ!)
54. The Greasy Grasp of God

I definitely needed some help from shirt.what? and even then I still couldn't get them all. There's some real oldies/ellusive shirts in this collection. I'd love to see the other drawers!

When I get a chance, I'll have to reorganize my shirts and post mine...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

This isn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be.

Nothing follows.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

the white one below sea chimp is that snowman shirt
53 is One more gargleblaster

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11

Based on my account listing I have 109 different Woot Shirts dating back to Breakfast Topo back in 2008 - can anyone top that?

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
msj11 wrote:Based on my account listing I have 109 different Woot Shirts dating back to Breakfast Topo back in 2008 - can anyone top that?

Oops - really began on 9-1-2007 with Organic Light Beam - Breakfast Topo was later that week...9-5-2007

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

If #24 is the original Sea Chimp, I'd pay a staggering amount of money for that one. I've wanted that one shirt since I began here.

PM me Dave!

(I'm serious)

KaylaJ

I cannot edit my comment, but that snowman shirt is called....Snowman. You can see the part of the red scarf and a button to the right. When the game is over I'll try to figure out the missing ones.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I think #31 is Dino Wino. That was a shirt I got in a random shirt, and bleached/tiedyed it so the dino was a bit more obvious.

spilzer

KaylaJ wrote:I cannot edit my comment, but that snowman shirt is called....Snowman. You can see the part of the red scarf and a button to the right. When the game is over I'll try to figure out the missing ones.

At first I thought it was Snowman too, but when I looked again, I think the black part is actually an overlap from the shirt next to it. That's why I went with "GI Metro" as my guess.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Oh yeah.

Here's my current "wear" set of woot shirts. I have a ton more, but they're stowed away. I tend to rotate through mine to keep 'em looking good. The woots are on the right side, obviously.

KaylaJ

spilzer wrote:At first I thought it was Snowman too, but when I looked again, I think the black part is actually an overlap from the shirt next to it. That's why I went with "GI Metro" as my guess.

Ah, I see what you mean now and yeah, GI Metro would have to be it since the way it is stored.

The grey shirt under the Bees is Hey Squidbucket, I knew I recognized those tentacles somethere

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I think #44 is scurvy because it can be folded so not much of the design shows and woot has not done that many of kelly green designs

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

I'll fill in the gaps here and there, but mostly you've all done great. #44 was See Sawlitude, though it seems I did a poor job of folding it to show any of the design.

dave bug

And some incorrect ones in spilzer's list:

8, 12, 31, 34, 39, 41

Really awesome work, though, I thought far more of those would be unguessable.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
dave bug wrote:I'll fill in the gaps here and there, but mostly you've all done great. #44 was See Sawlitude, though it seems I did a poor job of folding it to show
any of the design.

I should have known...my mom has that shirt

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

KaylaJ

The hardest part of this is figuring out which shirt is which number

7 Oh Well?
8 Hound's Tooth
41 Nerdy Laundry

that white one in the left column will be the death of me. I may have to break out some of my shirts to compare

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104

8 is rise of the goblin king i think
whoops... never mind

dave bug

KaylaJ wrote:The hardest part of this is figuring out which shirt is which number

7 Oh Well?
8 Hound's Tooth
41 Nerdy Laundry

that white one in the left column will be the death of me. I may have to break out some of my shirts to compare

Correct on all 3 of those!

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104

31 Bats! http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3815 maybe?

spilzer

dave bug wrote:And some incorrect ones in spilzer's list:

8, 12, 31, 34, 39, 41

Really awesome work, though, I thought far more of those would be unguessable.

Thanks, Dave, for sharing your shirts with us. I've had a lot of fun hunting down the designs.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

If I counted correctly I have 43 different shirts... not counting any multiples, which accounts for more than half of my total woots.

My earliest is The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer which was one of the very first shirts EVER!

>insert funny quote here<

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

39 Stay Sharp!

My dad gave that one to me. My first woot! shirt.

spilzer

Finally had some time tonight to reorganize ye olde t-shirt drawers. Here're the results...

Woot Shirts Only:

Woot Shirts mixed in with the rest of my t-shirts (yes, three drawers total...actually that's probably nothing compared to some folks):

(whoops, just realized I forgot to include the "Random Shirt Shirt" when I did the Woot Shirt Only pic, guess I'll have to go back and fix that at some point)

Rallencarey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rallencarey

I got a kelly green Woot ! in the latest Random. #44 could be that....

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

Why are shirts in drawers? I, as a progressive shirt rights activist, liberate my shirts by stacking them in my closet on the middle-upper shelf.

And my short pants go in the drawers.

Hooray for college and no dress codes!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

16 makes me think of the first analog derby winner from the first shirt.woot birthday party.

(the one on the left in this pic)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

dave bug

SailorButterfly wrote:16 makes me think of the first analog derby winner from the first shirt.woot birthday party.

(the one on the left in this pic)

It is indeed based on that shirt, but was given away at the 2nd shirt.woot birthday party! Good research.