taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Lab Safety

Wow, 400!

Thanks to everyone who supported this shirt. It really does mean the world to us.

Nothing follows.

bekabook91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekabook91
Re: Top Secret

I can't believe this fell out of the fog! I NEED this shirt. T.T

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
wolfak wrote:Great design, very clever. I'd rather see references to historically recognized alchemists like Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim (aka Paracelsus) , Wei Po-Yang, Jābir ibn Hayyān (Geber), Hermes Trismegistus. A lot of chemists do follow HP, but also a lot are embarrassed by it.

Thanks for the kindness everyone! I thought the HP references were subtle enough that they wouldn't be too apparent unless you knew what to look for. I always thought Nicolas Flamel was a real guy though? am I wrong? I could google it, but there are so many knowledgeable people on this site, i'd rather hear it from one of you

confuciussay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages confuciussay
amreli wrote:Yeah, me too.

I'd buy one... great design!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Wahoo! Thanks Robert

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
exnaclh2o wrote:Love it. Need more NPH references on shirts.

I agree.

bluesplot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesplot
Re: They Totally Smelted

Hahaha. Love it!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: The three classical states of matter

This is my favorite of this derby. I really hope it manages to print this weekend. =D

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Identity Code

Thanks a lot all for the support!, really appreciated (o;

Thank you lucky! , Lish64 , leooon! , GTAcrimelord , thank you krishachaos appreciated mate! , thanks parkerread hope you can get it! , thanks for the award Robert, appreciated!

cheers! (o;

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

I like it. It reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist.

expo01

qetza wrote:Colors on this are great! The whole design really pops.

Thanks mate glad you liked! (o;

expo01

luzithra wrote:This shirt makes me think of one of my favorite quotes. And it's beautiful! GMV

"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."
— Lawrence M. Krauss

Wow!! , this are some of the most beautiful words I've ever read about my favorite topic wich is our connection with the universe , thank you a lot for your vote but mainly for the quote , I'll keep that forever.

hugs! (o;

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
phrozt wrote:So if they were to get engaged... could coal skip out on the ring?

What makes you coal will be the one proposing?

shellykins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellykins

you can bond with helium and any noble gas its just really hard.

Re: Reaction Response

chellopuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellopuddin

Thank you for explaining the Harry Potter references. I didn't know what they meant (and still don't know what they mean) since I've never seen a Harry Potter movie. But nice looking shirt nonetheless!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Atoms Everywhere

Nice job!

larrydavidarmstrong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larrydavidarmstrong
awlwren wrote:Organic chemistry would be how the components of DNA interact with each other - the bonds between and within the sugars, nucleic acids, and phosphate groups. Biochemistry would be how DNA is made and degraded and transcribed, and a tiny bit of how that effects other things within and outside the cell (usually tracking down mutations in DNA associated with metabolism, etc). Researching reproduction, the life cycle and genetics of an animal is biology. It's kind of a matter of scale. The fields overlap, but not that much.

What you're saying is the equivalent of showing a beach scene and saying it's about chemistry because everything shown is made up of molecules.

oh well. worth a try. rejected anyway!

Meistro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meistro
celestialdarkness wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind for future designs.

I rather like it just as it is! +1 from me!

eelaras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eelaras
spidergirl42 wrote:This is officially the most creative shirt in the derby. Just the right balance of nerdy and beautiful. Well done!

Spectras! I love it. This is definitely one of my favorites for the derby this week.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The three classical states of matter

Cheers Robert!
Thanks DianaSprinkle, good luck to you too!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Lab Safety

This is awesome!!! +1

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Chemistry LOL

Thanks for all the votes and comments everyone!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: chemistree

I remember feeling demoralized around my 10th entry - it takes a lot of energy to keep on creating designs especially ones as imaginative and complex as yours - but that was when I got my first shirt printed and naturally I was hooked. :^)

Submitting dailies is good advice too. (And your Dragon Slayer shirt seems very Threadless-friendly to me.)

awendt06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awendt06
Re: Life

I'm definitely in love with that description of LIFE..

Hope this makes it to the top 3!!!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
conOMG PONIES!!iussay wrote:I'd buy one... great design!

Thanks!

awendt06 wrote:I'm definitely in love with that description of LIFE..
Hope this makes it to the top 3!!!

Glad you like it! It's good to know other people like the crazy path my mind takes...

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
Re: Life

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG you are made of Tryptophan, Isoleucine, Asparagine. Brilliant design and beautiful!

kaelynangelfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaelynangelfoot
lilygrapetree wrote:Poke it, if it wiggles, it's biology.
If it stinks, it's chemistry.
If it doesn't work, it's physics!

As a physicist I love this shirt.. I wish it was doing better.

shinobijim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobijim
Re: Periodic Table of Fiction

I really like this idea. I kinda wish it was bigger, as in more "elements"

Great job though!

lee18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lee18
Re: Top Secret

yay- back in the fog. i hope this prints, this is possibly my favorite movie ever.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lee18 wrote:yay- back in the fog. i hope this prints, this is possibly my favorite movie ever.

If it's skirting the edge, don't count on it.

move along

j5

taternuggets wrote:Wow, 400!

Thanks to everyone who supported this shirt. It really does mean the world to us.

Now you know the formula, repeat as necessary.

move along

kingg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingg1

I love Dr. Horrible, love Felicia Day, and love this shirt!

Can't wait for Dr. Horrible 2! Joss promises that it's on the way.... After Avengers, of course...

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
dssimon4 wrote:i was actually using illustrator. i set it up to 580 but that weird. if i fix it and resubmit it, won't it delete my votes thus far?

oh... I don't even know how to draw a line with IL. o well!

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978
j5 wrote:If it's skirting the edge, don't count on it.

I'm in for 3 if it prints. THINK OF THE CHLDREN!!!!!

if a donut covered in mustard and scrap cloth prints, and this doesn't...my faith in the current generation is dunzo.

Sabrewulf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sabrewulf

Hopefully you win with this one. I just have to have one.

j5

holly2978 wrote:I'm in for 3 if it prints. THINK OF THE CHLDREN!!!!!

if a donut covered in mustard and scrap cloth prints, and this doesn't...my faith in the current generation is dunzo.

I weep for the future.

move along

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: Gale's C8H10N4O2 Maker

Aw, I wish this were higher up, my boyfriend would love it!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: The End Is The Beginning

Boy, I hope they don't mess up and print this one upside-down ;-)

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

J5, I am exploring both options as of right now... we'll see how those pan out. Thank you for your support and comments

Spiritgreen, Thank-you for sharing your experience. Its been a bit of an emotional roller coaster at first, seeing as I am not yet used to having my work up for examination on such a scale. Even so, the competition is a fun way to get myself to brainstorm, and practice both painting and drawing with a bit of a deadline and an incentive. Looking at it this way, I think I can push myself to do the derbies for a time. I am currently working on a daily submission as well as refitting the Dragon Slayer design for Threadless (it was done in a bit of a rush). Thank you for you comments and support !

musicshark32

quality posts: 3 Private Messages musicshark32
Re: Soaperafication of an Ester

Oh my gosh this is awesome. If more shirt designers took o-chem, this would totally be in the fog.

... well, at least I'll share it with my friends. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

• Random Crap - 11