Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
sirend wrote:Otherwise, seeing how many entries with unoriginal characters get a lot of votes may encourage the artists to become less and less original which is a big no-no

This week seems to have much much much more pop culture than usual, to the extent of which even I can say it's too much. I don't mind it now and then, and I do have my fair share of such shirts, but we really don't need a second TeeFury here.

I predict at least No Star Wars and No video games next week. Better would be no pop culture, period, until the end of the year (which isn't that far away, really). Which I suppose would just give rise to more turbunguins ... pick your poison, right?

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin

So, from what I've seen so far, next week the rules will be:

No text-only designs
No Star Wars
No zombies
No bunnies or turtles or grim reapers
No Legend of Zelda ANYTHING— EVER— AGAIN.

kamemasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamemasta

I can't get enough turtle shirts. I need Chef Turtle - and I want Chef to make frog legs.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike

Been an awfully long time since I submitted anything here. Good to see some familiar faces still around!

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

next week...Instead of trying to make something that i normally make. I'm going to go the cat route.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
captainassassin wrote:No Legend of Zelda ANYTHING— EVER— AGAIN.

OK, I've been really busy and unable to check the Derby for a few days, but I never expected THIS. Do I actually count SIX Zelda/Link designs? SIX???
One of the best derby topics, yet some of the most unoriginal stuff, evar. >facepalm<

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
paigeg wrote:OK, I've been really busy and unable to check the Derby for a few days, but I never expected THIS. Do I actually count SIX Zelda/Link designs? SIX???
One of the best derby topics, yet some of the most unoriginal stuff, evar. >facepalm<

I actually counted 8.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
galopago wrote:Meh I've worked as a cook for the better part of a decade in both pastry and savory and nothing currently in the fog is floating my boat. I'm disappointed. I was super excited when I saw the theme.

Actually, Artists thought that you encounter Vader, Mario, Link and other VG characters "in the kitchen" everyday.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Wow, a legitimate 8-way battle for second place?!? Get those votes in people!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tgentry wrote:Wow, a legitimate 8-way battle for second place?!? Get those votes in people!

Also, only 3 in the fog have given us print-ready art. If you're in the fog, this isn't the week to get rejected for not providing print-ready art. Send it!!!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
tgentry wrote:Also, only 3 in the fog have given us print-ready art. If you're in the fog, this isn't the week to get rejected for not providing print-ready art. Send it!!!

Reject them all!

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

I've often wondered if you really want all those print ready files... I mean, should a person wait to see if it's gonna be close? I always send them but I would think it sucks on your end.

Nothing follows.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tgentry wrote:Wow, a legitimate 8-way battle for second place?!? Get those votes in people!

Time for the unvoting to begin.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:Time for the unvoting to begin.

surely you are taking about actions others might take...You voted for more than 1-2 in the top 10?

O.o

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

Mavyn wrote:surely you are taking about actions others might take...You voted for more than 1-2 in the top 10?

O.o

Why wouldn't I? I vote for all the designs that strike my fancy. Is there an expectation otherwise?

move along

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I love these types of updates. Mysterious hints into the moment of the fog. Come on tie!

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Why wouldn't I? I vote for all the designs that strike my fancy. Is there an expectation otherwise?

Nope, just surprised that there's that much you like.

And for clarification...I vote for the shirts I'd buy. And I follow up on that as often as possible.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:Why wouldn't I? I vote for all the designs that strike my fancy. Is there an expectation otherwise?

I'm glad someone else does it that way, I was starting to think I'd been doing it wrong.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I too vote for all the designs I would buy at first, then towards the end of the voting cycle I force myself to choose a top 3 as to not interfere with the votes.

j5

Mavyn wrote:Nope, just surprised that there's that much you like.

And for clarification...I vote for the shirts I'd buy. And I follow up on that as often as possible.

Mostly for the kiddos.
The one or two I like rarely fog.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Mostly for the kiddos.
The one or two I like rarely fog.

;) Whew...for a moment I thought you'd been bubba'd.

j5

Mavyn wrote:;) Whew...for a moment I thought you'd been bubba'd.

I liek bunnehs.

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:Time for the unvoting to begin.

I'm down to having votes for just three in the fog now. Like usual, my favorites tend to end up just outside the fog.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

I can see the next double take derby featuring many of these designs in the fog.

More derbies should have wide open themes like this.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Narfcake wrote:This week seems to have much much much more pop culture than usual, to the extent of which even I can say it's too much. I don't mind it now and then, and I do have my fair share of such shirts, but we really don't need a second TeeFury here.

I agree. I'll admit that some of my favorite shirts in this derby have pop culture references, but there's really just too much Link, Mario, and TMNT this time.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
tgentry wrote:Also, only 3 in the fog have given us print-ready art. If you're in the fog, this isn't the week to get rejected for not providing print-ready art. Send it!!!

I sent in mine... though I always worry that it will get lost somewhere in the internet super highway.

capfund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capfund

This derby is crazy... So many shirts with 600+ votes... Most times the 3rd place shirt doesn't even have 600 votes... CRAZY!

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc
captainassassin wrote:So, from what I've seen so far, next week the rules will be:

No text-only designs
No Star Wars
No zombies
No bunnies or turtles or grim reapers
No Legend of Zelda ANYTHING— EVER— AGAIN.

Can we add Portal to that list too?

gotta23skidoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gotta23skidoo

I'd like to add "no 'Like' button" themed shirts to the list of rules as well. If you can't think of anything better than that, it's not worth the submission. The theme is SUPER played out.

capfund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capfund

Has there been a derby that has had this many shirts over 700 votes before?

taternuggets

capfund wrote:Has there been a derby that has had this many shirts over 700 votes before?

Science Fair did. But yeah, this is a high vote derby.

Nothing follows.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

aren't we gonna get a chance to buy that wonderful Making Bread shirt?
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57930

it's kinda urgent as i can't go to work naked.

Mavyn

cptgone wrote:aren't we gonna get a chance to buy that wonderful Making Bread shirt?
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57930

it's kinda urgent as i can't go to work naked.

It might get an honorable mention and go in to a double take derby, so possibly.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Mavyn wrote:It might get an honorable mention and go in to a double take derby, so possibly.

thanks for clearing that up.