jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

finally in 2 for Taste. hope the rollin turtles can make it to next week. already bought 3 too many today.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Acquired Taste +6 to 21814
Code of Arms +2 to 4960
Elements of Life +3 to 2389
Going to a Cheesier Place +3 to 2076
Hold Still Guys! +3 to 3423
Makin’ Bread +5 to 8568
Motivation +3 to 6035
Schrödinger’s Equation +4 to 7860
They See Me Rollin' +5 to 4417
Unstealthiest Ninja II: The Unstealthening +4 to 5806
We’re more than famous! +6 to 4711

The order right now ... I have no idea! It keeps changing!

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

Even now, shirts are jumping 5 spaces!

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

Acquired Taste?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

Dang, another long timer gone. And the reckoning almost crashed my computer with how whacked out the reckoning went those last few seconds.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

These photo finishes never cease to be shocking. Acquired Taste takes the hit.

First It Came Out of Nowhere, now Makin' Bread. My two favorite Woot shirts fall in back-to-back weeks.

Yeah, so there's that...

dilettante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilettante

Awww... sad zombie, no sammie.

And then there were two seasoned veterans.

fibrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fibrs

Farewell, Bread and Sandwiches.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I never thought this could be possible, but Ramyb "saved" my design from being reckoned today! Thanks buddy, I owe you big time!

MrsBones

Glad I got one a few weeks ago. Still, sad to see it go.

Yay for making it to the one-year mark though

Weezknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Weezknight
omarfeliciano wrote:I never thought this could be possible, but Ramyb "saved" my design from being reckoned today! Thanks buddy, I owe you big time!

Gamesmanship. I bought yours earlier today to help it out, and I was sad to see it start falling below the line.

However, I had this creeping feeling that Ramy may try and buy the ones on the wrong side of the line so he could bury either Acquired Taste or Ninja Part II.

MrsBones

bluejester wrote:Dang, another long timer gone. And the reckoning almost crashed my computer with how whacked out the reckoning went those last few seconds.

It crashed my iPhone!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Acquired taste is gone??!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Nothing follows.

omarfeliciano

Weezknight wrote:Gamesmanship. I bought yours earlier today to help it out, and I was sad to see it start falling below the line.

Thanks to you too and everybody else who've made this possible! We'll fight for one more week!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Weezknight wrote:Gamesmanship. I bought yours earlier today to help it out, and I was sad to see it start falling below the line.

However, I had this creeping feeling that Ramy may try and buy the ones on the wrong side of the line so he could bury either Acquired Taste or Ninja Part II.

Or maybe he just likes the shirt?

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

That leaves Family Breakfast as the third longest running design.

Weezknight

omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks to you too and everybody else who've made this possible! We'll fight for one more week!

You can thank my birthday being on Saturday, which gave me some cash to throw around for some things I've been wanting. :D

Narfcake

Wow, that was an insane one. Especially when the 6 that survived were essentially tied.

This was as of 15 minutes ago.

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) Lucky at last - (+661) to 6665. Approx. 125.49 real time DSR; 125.47 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Shhhhhhh - (+448) to 9452. Approx. 70.4 real time DSR; 70.39 Woot-based DSR
3 (7) Nyan's Dream - (+357) to 3278. Approx. 64.25 real time DSR; 64.24 Woot-based DSR
4 (3) Family Portrait - (+279) to 4134. Approx. 49.94 real time DSR; 49.94 Woot-based DSR
5 (25) The Artist - (+229) to 2260. Approx. 44.14 real time DSR; 44.13 Woot-based DSR
6 (8) Hey! Listen! - (+194) to 3158. Approx. 37.48 real time DSR; 37.48 Woot-based DSR
7 (4) Lifetime Achievement Award - (+212) to 4071. Approx. 36.75 real time DSR; 36.75 Woot-based DSR
8 (5) Family Breakfast - (+222) to 13324. Approx. 32.25 real time DSR; 32.25 Woot-based DSR
9 (11) Blending In - (+174) to 2046. Approx. 29.59 real time DSR; 29.59 Woot-based DSR
10 (9) The Binge - (+246) to 56087. Approx. 26.89 real time DSR; 26.89 Woot-based DSR
11 (6) Playing Koi - (+89) to 3656. Approx. 26.04 real time DSR; 26.04 Woot-based DSR
12 (26) Force Equation - (+152) to 2228. Approx. 24.96 real time DSR; 24.95 Woot-based DSR
13 (24) The Pen and The Sword - (+124) to 2168. Approx. 24.24 real time DSR; 24.24 Woot-based DSR
14 (20) Nevermore - (+226) to 46617. Approx. 23.97 real time DSR; 23.96 Woot-based DSR
15 (12) Code of Arms - (+162) to 4967. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
16 (18) Schrödinger’s Equation - (+189) to 7863. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
17 (10) Elements of Life - (+111) to 2391. Approx. 22.89 real time DSR; 22.89 Woot-based DSR
18 (15) We’re more than famous! - (+178) to 4714. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
19 (19) They See Me Rollin' - (+192) to 4419. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
20 (21) Unstealthiest Ninja II: The Unstealthening - (+211) to 5808. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
21 (23) Going to a Cheesier Place - (+137) to 2077. Approx. 23.03 real time DSR; 23.03 Woot-based DSR
22 (16) Acquired Taste - (+182) to 21814. Approx. 23.04 real time DSR; 23.04 Woot-based DSR
23 (13) Hold Still Guys! - (+158) to 3424. Approx. 22.97 real time DSR; 22.96 Woot-based DSR
24 (17) Makin’ Bread - (+175) to 8568. Approx. 22.82 real time DSR; 22.82 Woot-based DSR
25 (14) Motivation - (+160) to 6037. Approx. 22.72 real time DSR; 22.71 Woot-based DSR
26 (22) Blossom - (+112) to 2142. Approx. 20.61 real time DSR; 20.6 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) Best Friends Forever - (+76) to 1610. Approx. 12.59 real time DSR; 12.59 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) A Superbotanical Study - (+104) to 1348. Approx. 16 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) A Lot Of This Going Around - (+189) to 2554. Approx. 34.37 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Too Many Cooks - (+94) to 1396. Approx. 20.9 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Artistic Growth - (+50) to 1034. Approx. 14.29 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+513) to 6513. Approx. 205.31 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
96 (96) 1985: Year of the Plumber - (+103) to 3383. Approx. 68.73 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
97 (97) 1981 - (+51) to 3376. Approx. 102.28 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR

Weezknight

cdrewlow wrote:Or maybe he just likes the shirt?

Yeah, but after reading these forums for years on end, it's more fun to keep him in the role of villain. :D

Narfcake

cdrewlow wrote:Or maybe he just likes the shirt?

I have to believe this one; FWIW, it's not the first time his purchase saved another artist's shirt.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

With the number of close reckonings recently, there were plenty of times when a single sale could have gotten rid of a "big" shirt. Just curious, have you had this creeping feeling for months?

Anyway, I'm glad to see this shirt survive another week- Omar is a great designer, and this shirt is his first print. It would have been a shame to see it go in a week like this- All the other shirts had a chance to fight all week, but this one got dragged down in just the last couple of hours. I've had my eye on it for a while, and decided now was as good a time as any to pull the trigger (and for the record, my purchase led to the reckoning of going to a cheesier place)-

Reckoning on Monday mornings is way too unpredictable to try to play any sort of games. The number of last-minute purchases is going steadily up, making it nearly impossible to know what any one purchase will do. At the time that I started my order, the ninjas were in 21st and acquired taste was in 19th. By the time my order had processed, there had been a complete shuffle of the rankings. With the way things are these days, the only thing you can do is buy your favorites and cross your fingers, and know that your one purchase will very likely make a difference.

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Monday morning's here and it's time AGAIN to say goodbye to a long-standing pillar of the Shirt.Woot Reckoning. So long, Acquired Taste! May your days of retirement be filled with horrified screams of the victims you stalk and devour mercilessly and unceasingly. We've got three Shirt.Woot heavy hitters with designs being reckoned today, as a matter of fact: patrickspens and ramyb each have two designs saying goodbye today, and Walmazan's bidding adieu to a shirt as well. Take a look at the Reckoning, because today's your last chance to buy:

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Wow, two Patrickspens' and two Ramyb's bite the dust, and bye-bye kneading kitty, but at least ochopika's turtles rolled on for another week!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
ramyb wrote:
Reckoning on Monday mornings is way too unpredictable to try to play any sort of games. The number of last-minute purchases is going steadily up, making it nearly impossible to know what any one purchase will do. At the time that I started my order, the ninjas were in 21st and acquired taste was in 19th. By the time my order had processed, there had been a complete shuffle of the rankings. With the way things are these days, the only thing you can do is buy your favorites and cross your fingers, and know that your one purchase will very likely make a difference.

So true. This was as crazy a Reckoning as I can remember seeing, and that's including some of the ones from the past several weeks. No gaming possible by anyone without bottomless pockets.

I'm very sad to see Acquired Taste go. It was my very first woot shirt and what sucked me in. It would have been a first-day purchase for me, but back then the sell-out was 3K and it was gone by 8:30 am CST so waited until Saturday to order it. At least I have a back-up copy for when my original finally fades away.

I'm happy to see the zombies made their one-year anniversary. Any of these shirts could have fallen, the numbers were that close. Next week is going to be tough for the survivors. Each of the Derby winners broke 3K sales, and another moved a very respectable 2.5K. Drama!

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur

Am I the only person who wants Never more and The Binge to get reckoned?

Narfcake

timelessblur wrote:Am I the only person who wants Never more and The Binge to get reckoned?

Maybe for The Binge, but you're far from the only one who wants Nevermore to become never more.

Sooooo ... where were you two weeks ago when a single extra purchase of Unstealthiest Ninja could've killed it?

omarfeliciano

ramyb wrote:Anyway, I'm glad to see this shirt survive another week- Omar is a great designer, and this shirt is his first print. It would have been a shame to see it go in a week like this- All the other shirts had a chance to fight all week, but this one got dragged down in just the last couple of hours. I've had my eye on it for a while, and decided now was as good a time as any to pull the trigger (and for the record, my purchase led to the reckoning of going to a cheesier place)-

Hey man, thanks for those kind words. It means a lot to me, specially today that I am dealing with a big issue in my life. It cheered me up for sure.

I am fairly new to the whole shirt designing community, but I've never understand the hate some people have toward some designers here at Woot. Sure, at first I was jealous and sometimes even mad to see the same artists win every derby week after week. But I quickly realized that it wasn't their fault they were good artist and that people loved their designs. That helped me focus and apply myself. If you take a look at all my woot submissions, you'll notice that my first designs weren't that good and that I've learned a lot in the past 9 months, but I still have a long road ahead. I thank all those great (and sometimes hated) artists that influenced me to learn more every week and be a better artist.

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim

RIP Acquired Taste :'-(

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1
citizencoyote wrote:
I'm happy to see the zombies made their one-year anniversary. Any of these shirts could have fallen, the numbers were that close. Next week is going to be tough for the survivors. Each of the Derby winners broke 3K sales, and another moved a very respectable 2.5K. Drama!

I haven't run the specific numbers, but there are a few shirts in the top 20 that seem ripe to fall significantly next week. Playing Koi and Elements of Life will lose a few big post debut sales days, while The Pen and the Sword will be based off more days and sales weren't that great this week.

EDIT: Also, Code of Arms will lose the boost in sales from being on Reddit (or whatever site it was). This was worth the equivalent of ~2 DSR (compared to some of the other "survivors" this week).

Narfcake

citizencoyote wrote:So true. This was as crazy a Reckoning as I can remember seeing, and that's including some of the ones from the past several weeks. No gaming possible by anyone without bottomless pockets.

Indeed, I NEVER recalled an 11-way fight to the finish, nor that we would end up with a 6-way tie for survival.

Two big factors played into this week:
- The Woot-off, which historically, has brought more sales. Indeed, it was a Woot-off which helped give Acquired Taste its second best seller week.
- Woot changing the supplier. I sense there was a rush for folks to buy up the last of the made-in-the-USA Woot shirts.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Narfcake wrote:Sooooo ... where were you two weeks ago when a single extra purchase of Unstealthiest Ninja could've killed it?

This makes me sad. I forgot to check the recokning that day until after 12:00 and you're telling me that one shirt would have kept FireNinja around another week?!?! I'm going to go cry again!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Narfcake wrote:16 Schrödinger’s Equation - (+189) to 7863. 23.14 Woot-based DSR
17 Elements of Life - (+111) to 2391. 22.89 Woot-based DSR
18 We’re more than famous! - (+178) to 4714. 23.14 Woot-based DSR

If I'm following, this means we've got an error on Element's of Life's count. Do you ever try to fix that?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

We're going to have one Skippy Squirrel debut in the Top 20 for sure, another is likely, and there are two more with excellent chances for survival.

Of the survivors, We're More Than Famous, Playing Koi, and Elements of Life are in the most peril, with Code of Arms not too far behind.

Of course, the wild card here is the huge sales for some of the veterans last week. Did they burn through two week's worth of demand in a couple of days? As always, time will tell.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
Weezknight wrote:However, I had this creeping feeling that Ramy may try and buy the ones on the wrong side of the line so he could bury either Acquired Taste or Ninja Part II.

Seriously? I know a lot of ramyb-hating goes on, but has there ever been any evidence that he carries grudges against other artists or tries to sabotage their sales? On the contrary I think he's shown a habit of buying up shirts when he likes them. If you don't like his designs, don't buy them but are we really making up new behaviors so we can tun him into some mythical Woot-bogeyman?

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
aramis525 wrote:This makes me sad. I forgot to check the recokning that day until after 12:00 and you're telling me that one shirt would have kept FireNinja around another week?!?! I'm going to go cry again!

I had much gnashing of teeth that day, believe me. I look at the copy of the ninja I finally bought for myself and lament what could have been.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Ouch. Painful reckoning today. I hate to see Acquired Taste go. Probably one of the best zombie tees ever. I might pick up a spare while it's still printed on AA @_@.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Thanks for saving my turtle! I'm sad to see my kitty go, but thanks for keeping him up there for so long.

Weezknight

Geez, and I thought the Woot community had a sense of humor. Seriously, given the past threads about Ramy and even the write-ups Woot themselves give him sometimes, I thought the Ramy as a villain thing was all a bit of fun. Part of me wants to believe that he even enjoys playing that part.

Guess these tight reckonings leave people in less of a mood to joke. Mea maxima culpa.

omarfeliciano

ochopika wrote:Thanks for saving my turtle! I'm sad to see my kitty go, but thanks for keeping him up there for so long.

Awesome goodbye drawing!

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre
ochopika wrote:Thanks for saving my turtle! I'm sad to see my kitty go, but thanks for keeping him up there for so long.

If the turtles dip in danger, I will finally get won. It will mark the first woot shirt i actually purchased for myself