KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Sorry it's drive-bys for me. Cake is finally in the oven. Friend didn't come get the desks until after 7. We were waiting all day for him to return the call. Of course Orc didn't actually have the desks ready until 5, which was the first time he gave us. NO I DON'T PAY THE EXTORTION RATES FOR TEXTING. He texted instead of called or messaged (FB/GCHAT/ICQ/AIM/TOUCH(formerly known as PING) - I have all of those, pretty much all the time, in addition to two regularly checked email accounts). Oh well, ended up waiting on the guy with the truck - who was out of town until 6:40, which we could have used my van, we just had to take the car seats out of it so we could move the middle row. There was more stuff in my itty bitty junk room than fits in my living room. And Orc tossed an entire black garbage sack of "definitely trash". That was without sorting any of it carefully.

It'll be nice when it's done right? Oh, and Orc thinks it needs new paint. It has green carpet, and window things, but I can change the window stuff.... walls are currently white. The room is tiny with two small non-opening windows it's a lean-to so the ceiling slants and is only 6'feet at the outside wall. I'd say at a guess the room is 6x10 and the door opens onto the livingroom which will be all painted butter yellow by this summer.

----cliff notes-----
Friend taking desks didn't get here till almost bedtime.... bad communication

My living room is completely full of junk

I need to sort and get rid of most of it

I think I want to paint the junk room, no idea what color.

I'm baking chocolate cake.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Cake is cooling. Looks mostly ok. Now I have to figure out how exactly to decorate it.

Night Poof

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning.
I think I missed something too

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.
Stupid bad dreams. Have to figure out how to shake this feeling. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I slept all night! Hubby took the big dog out so I could sleep. I feel much better. Have a great day. Today there are yard sales and a shagger's parade to attend.

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada
AZGman wrote:Doesn't matter now; they know how to keep all you proles happy.

I will not be a prole.

Hey, I am a Pole, well half Polish anyway. Oh, you said prole, never mind!

I will not be a Pole prole!!

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

Morning all.

Sounds like a nice fish you caught, Ed.

Dove out of bed with a cramp in my calf this morning. Still hurts. Horrible way to wake up.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Morning all.

Dove out of bed with a cramp in my calf this morning. Still hurts. Horrible way to wake up.

Hi Poof, it was a nice fish indeed! Did you look at the photos? We are going to have a big party and feed about 65 people with it.

I hate leg cramps! Sometimes they are bad enough to make me scream. (A manly scream of course.)

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
Iceback wrote:Good morning.
I think I missed something too

I seem to have also.

Morning everyone

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning all.

Ouch!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Hey, I am a Pole, well half Polish anyway. Oh, you said prole, never mind!

Steven Colbert wrote a book for you!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/413132/april-24-2012/stephen-s-children-s-book

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Nobody around? Where's AZ this morning?

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:Steven Colbert wrote a book for you!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/413132/april-24-2012/stephen-s-children-s-book

Hey, I want that book, I can use it with my students. It will be released on May 8th. Thanks! Maybe if I email Colbert and tell him I am a vet and I am teaching English to Poles he will send me an autographed copy! I love Maurice Sendak's endorsement.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Hey, I want that book, I can use it with my students. It will be released on May 8th. Thanks! Maybe if I email Colbert and tell him I am a vet and I am teaching English to Poles he will send me an autographed copy! I love Maurice Sendak's endorsement.

You never saw the interview????
Best interview EVER!

I'll find the link.

Here you go. About 15 minutes in total.

But really, BEST INTERVIEW EVER in the history of interviews.
You need to watch it to the very end. Part one and two.

http://www.justchildrensbooks.com/tag/i-am-a-pole-and-so-can-you/

Good lord, I have watched this about 10 times and I still laugh out loud.

The last 10 seconds of part two are the best!

He just did another in the series of interviews with Julie Andrews. She was too normal.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:You never saw the interview????
Best interview EVER!

I'll find the link.

Here you go. About 15 minutes in total.

But really, BEST INTERVIEW EVER in the history of interviews.
You need to watch it to the very end. Part one and two.

http://www.justchildrensbooks.com/tag/i-am-a-pole-and-so-can-you/

Good lord, I have watched this about 10 times and I still laugh out loud.

The last 10 seconds of part two are the best!

He just did another in the series of interviews with Julie Andrews. She was too normal.

Good interview, extremely funny!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Good interview, extremely funny!

Sendak was great. He understood Cobert's character and just went with the flow.

I never liked his books, but interview was great. Beautiful house too. Looked like Martha's Vineyard, but Daughter would have known if he lived there.
Lots of kids authors did.

Gotta love his view on e-books!

BTW, how big is that cute little guy in your photo?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:Sendak was great. He understood Cobert's character and just went with the flow.

I never liked his books, but interview was great. Beautiful house too. Looked like Martha's Vineyard, but Daughter would have known if he lived there.
Lots of kids authors did.

Gotta love his view on e-books!

BTW, how big is that cute little guy in your photo?

The cute little guy is Stanley, now 3 years old and about 80 lbs. About a month ago we got him a little sister, Bella, a chocolate Lab. Bella and Stanley share the same father, different mothers. One Lab is fun, 2 Labs are absolute mayhem but even more fun. Labs are the sweetest, most gentle, bestest dogs ever. Seeing as how Bella is a female, she should be a little smaller than Stanley when full grown, which at the rate she is consuming dog food, shouldn't be much longer. As you know, Labs are water dogs and Stanley loves to swim. We went to the little lake behind our house the other day and Stanley jumped into the water. Bella, like a typical little sister that wants to do everything big brother does jumped right after him. She disappeared entirely under the water, came up sputtering and instinct took over and she swam to the shore. She wouldn't go in more than knee deep the rest of the time we were there.
Disclaimer: Bella is named Bella because it is the Italian word for beautiful (my mother was from Italy), not because of that awful vampire book series.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
edlada wrote:Hey, I am a Pole, well half Polish anyway. Oh, you said prole, never mind!

Did we ever figure out what made him mad? I get sick of trying to decode conversations to figure out what pissed him off. "I won't be a prole" doesn't give you much to go on.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

edlada wrote:The cute little guy is Stanley, now 3 years old and about 80 lbs.

Hmm... seems like it would be uncomfortable to hold him in your lap.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:The cute little guy is Stanley, now 3 years old and about 80 lbs. About a month ago we got him a little sister, Bella, a chocolate Lab. Bella and Stanley share the same father, different mothers. One Lab is fun, 2 Labs are absolute mayhem but even more fun. Labs are the sweetest, most gentle, bestest dogs ever. Seeing as how Bella is a female, she should be a little smaller than Stanley when full grown, which at the rate she is consuming dog food, shouldn't be much longer. As you know, Labs are water dogs and Stanley loves to swim. We went to the little lake behind our house the other day and Stanley jumped into the water. Bella, like a typical little sister that wants to do everything big brother does jumped right after him. She disappeared entirely under the water, came up sputtering and instinct took over and she swam to the shore. She wouldn't go in more than knee deep the rest of the time we were there.
Disclaimer: Bella is named Bella because it is the Italian word for beautiful (my mother was from Italy), not because of that awful vampire book series.

We have brought Rusty to the beach. He has chased birds into the water, but won't go in himself.
No kiddy pools. No puddles. Hates the hose.

We need a new picture of the pups!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

FenStar wrote:Did we ever figure out what made him mad? I get sick of trying to decode conversations to figure out what pissed him off. "I won't be a prole" doesn't give you much to go on.

I did not see what it was - the video Inky put up with the Beatles was in reference to what - Life goes on. Mysterious. Perhaps this is the next Cat and Duck mystery game?

BTW, is your avatar a pic of your dog? Cute.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rusty is out in the yard, barking at the next door neighbors in ground sprinkler system.

I guess it is the first time it has gone on while he was outside.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty is out in the yard, barking at the next door neighbors in ground sprinkler system.

I guess it is the first time it has gone on while he was outside.

Ahh, then, he qualifies as a semi-interested water dog!! You go git em, Rusty!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Nobody around? Where's AZ this morning?

All day.

We will have to send out a search party tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:All day.

We will have to send out a search party tomorrow.

Hope it's not another stroke.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hope it's not another stroke.

You are worse than me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
dontwantaname wrote:You are worse than me.

He said he was having a bad week.

edit: I made strawberry slushies in the Ninja. Didn't have rum so I used bourbon.

pooflady

joyner wrote:He said he was having a bad week.

edit: I made strawberry slushies in the Ninja. Didn't have rum so I used bourbon.

Sounds good. My deck builder says his wife has a terrific recipe for whiskey sour slushes. I told him he doesn't get paid till I get the recipe.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Sounds good. My deck builder says his wife has a terrific recipe for whiskey sour slushes. I told him he doesn't get paid till I get the recipe.

First rule of contractors is don't give them any beer.
I'm guessing whiskey sour counts too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

AZ mentioned a roof leak. I don't know if that is what has kept him away (being a weekend and that the typical man-fix-house day.)

CommUNITY Walk was fun. Stage performances got behind schedule almost immediately. Most people had finished eating by the time Ver1's troupe took the stage, so they didn't have a very large audience. They will next week at Ren Fair though.

Jerked my hip right before I left and it's been complaining every step all day (which considering I did the walk and then moved all around the park.... yeah I hope I can walk for Ver2's birthday party tomorrow.

Decoupage cake decoration freezing in the freezer (I might need to put an underlayer of frosting on it, it's not that thick, but I'm hoping it will just turn over on to the cake and then peel off the plastic. It's a lot bigger than the ones I used to do as a kid. Peanut butter cookies to crumble to make sand baked and cooled. I guess I need to hobble back to the kitchen and get a real good sugar rush going.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dang.
With the DVR if you turn on a show, you can rewind it and fast forward. But if you change the channel you lose what was recorded.
I was watching a movie and hit the channel button and lost about 45 minutes of the movie.

note to self: rent the blind side.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Dang.
With the DVR if you turn on a show, you can rewind it and fast forward. But if you change the channel you lose what was recorded.
I was watching a movie and hit the channel button and lost about 45 minutes of the movie.

note to self: rent the blind side.

betteryet, ditch cable and get netflicks.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:betteryet, ditch cable and get netflicks.

seconded. Although the Hulu catelog is getting better, if they'd just do something about the commercials. Amazon would be really cool if they offered subtitles, but they are Hearing Only, grrrr

btw - Orc is writing a petition about the lack of disability friendly videos provided by any of the current options so I'm hoping those of you that think these things should be labeled well before you pay for them, I'll be wanting your signatures

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:seconded. Although the Hulu catelog is getting better, if they'd just do something about the commercials. Amazon would be really cool if they offered subtitles, but they are Hearing Only, grrrr

btw - Orc is writing a petition about the lack of disability friendly videos provided by any of the current options so I'm hoping those of you that think these things should be labeled well before you pay for them, I'll be wanting your signatures

Sounds like communism, next you will be wanting equal rights for women and child labor laws!

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Sounds like communism, next you will be wanting equal rights for women and child labor laws!

Didn't say they had to provide them, just label it in very clear font in an obvious place on a screen prior to purchase. I mean if you were buying something and didn't know if the audio track was going to be included, you'd simply want to be able to find that information right?

Oh and it's worse than that! I'll want both able and disabled people to be able to get a soda at the same virtual lunch counter. ... and buses, they'll have to share the buses.

klozitshoper

Got lots of downpours this afternoon. Water bill will be better, as I did not need to add anything to the pool. However, it does cool it down a lot - it went from 85 to 73. Just read about the awful weather in St.Louis - anybody near there? Where did everybody go this weekend? Awfully quiet.

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:Didn't say they had to provide them, just label it in very clear font in an obvious place on a screen prior to purchase. I mean if you were buying something and didn't know if the audio track was going to be included, you'd simply want to be able to find that information right?

Oh and it's worse than that! I'll want both able and disabled people to be able to get a soda at the same virtual lunch counter. ... and buses, they'll have to share the buses.

Can we at least make them sit in the back of the bus?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night

Gman, you better be back tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Can we at least make them sit in the back of the bus?

You're such a humanitarian, Fen.