Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

my shirts have seen more of the world than i have ;)
it's a globalised teeconomy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I've sent this on to the Shirt folks to investigate. Thanks for letting us know.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Schrödinger’s Equation #8344 ...

Wow!

that is all.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Narfcake

j5 wrote:Wow!

that is all.

Tell me about it.

Bangladesh Garment Wages the Lowest in the World
21 cents an hour. Exploited labor? What do you think?

This was the tag on one of the blanks sent from the Shooting Blanks event ...

It's really sad ...

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Wow.

So, that shirt was supposed to be on AA blanks, but was on an Anvil blank that was supposed to be made in Honduras but was made in Bangladesh.

Woot, do you even know what shirts you're selling anymore?

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
Narfcake wrote:(Picture quote)

I told you those tags existed, no one believed me but now you will all pay! HA HA HA ... wait what were we talking about?

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Thanks for the post. In many months of conversation with Anvil, this is the first I've heard or seen that Bangladesh is in the mix. An Anvil labeled (not Woot) shirt is used only when we have shortage of our custom shirts which will come from Honduras or occasionally Nicaragua. For their own branded Shirts, it appears they source from other locales. I'll be contacting Anvil to get some additional info.

Apologies for the confusion, but this is the result of mixing supply chains and not indicative of the majority of our shirts.

killerorca

joelterrific wrote:Thanks for the post. In many months of conversation with Anvil, this is the first I've heard or seen that Bangladesh is in the mix. An Anvil labeled (not Woot) shirt is used only when we have shortage of our custom shirts which will come from Honduras or occasionally Nicaragua. For their own branded Shirts, it appears they source from other locales. I'll be contacting Anvil to get some additional info.

Apologies for the confusion, but this is the result of mixing supply chains and not indicative of the majority of our shirts.

Not to be nit-picky but the size chart for the shirt page indicated all shirts were on AA shirts, not that I ordered one, but if people bought one specifically expecting AA.... I can't imagine they are pleased.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
Narfcake wrote:Schrödinger’s Equation #8344 ...

It's kinda ironic how you end up with all these, as you're one of the very vocal people against foreign made garments. /smh

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag
chennai8 wrote:It's kinda ironic how you end up with all these, as you're one of the very vocal people against foreign made garments. /smh

personally, i think it's awesome that narf ends up with these sort of issues (keep reading, people, i love narf and am certainly not being negative about him).

if narf didn't get them, no one would ever know they existed, because the majority of people don't look that closely when their shirts come in. and some of those that may actually look that closely don't bother posting anything about it because too many people in this world still believe that one person can't make a difference.

you go, narf! fight the good fight.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
chennai8 wrote:It's kinda ironic how you end up with all these, as you're one of the very vocal people against foreign made garments. /smh

It's no longer ironic if hundreds were shipped like this.

spacegirlag wrote:you go, narf! fight the good fight.

Yay Narf!

elankat

thatrobert wrote:It's no longer ironic if hundreds were shipped like this.

This.

I find it hard to believe that only Narfcake is getting these "should have been AA" shirts, shirts with quality issues, or shirts that were supposed to be made in Honduras and weren't.

It's just that Narf will notice and post about it.

As far as this being "the result of mixing supply chains," I'd offer that it's the result of poor quality control.

Narfcake

elankat wrote:Wow.

So, that shirt was supposed to be on AA blanks, but was on an Anvil blank that was supposed to be made in Honduras but was made in Bangladesh.

Woot, do you even know what shirts you're selling anymore?

Exactly.

killerorca wrote:I told you those tags existed, no one believed me but now you will all pay! HA HA HA ... wait what were we talking about?

Sorry. I honestly didn't think they existed. BTW, I finally replied to your last PM.

joelterrific wrote:For their own branded Shirts, it appears they source from other locales.

980's are also made in Uzbekistan and Pakistan too; expect sizing inconsistencies out of all this ... and even more cringing, especially with the political aspect.

killerorca wrote:Not to be nit-picky but the size chart for the shirt page indicated all shirts were on AA shirts, not that I ordered one, but if people bought one specifically expecting AA.... I can't imagine they are pleased.

That was the reason why I did order another one ... since the change, I did NOT purchase 13 other shirts. My Walmazan count would've been in the 20's already, but no. I was 7 for 7 of DoOomcat designs; it's still going to be 7 after today.

Actually, it's really pathetic. In both cases, they were posted as USA even past the time I received them (7-10 days after ordering).

KillerOrca, ElanKat, Spacegirl, Robert, and everyone else reading - thank you for your support. And just so everyone knows, it's never been my intention to create this much ruckus out of this debacle, but between issues like this, the MAJOR fitment issues that gals have now, essentially EXCLUDING an entire market that used to buy WS and WM, along with many more print issues from the expanding lineup ... ask yourself, Woot - Was this really worth it?

killerorca

Narfcake wrote:PM

Derp, I went and did a PM purge and deleted the initial one, back on topic....

I have to say woot I too have stopped purchasing shirts that I could not guarantee to be on AA, for those interested I have merely been going by the colors of the shirts.

I think I have one more random sale in me and any side sales where the shirts are AA, not a fan of long sleeves or V necks.

Woot made the decision to switch based on money so I am also making the decision to switch away based on money, I feel for I am not getting value from Anvils for the money spent on them.

I can only hope woot will rethink their decision.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

I've confirmed with Anvil that the 980 hasn't been made in Bangladesh since 2009 and that no 980s are currently being made outside Nicaragua or Honduras. My guess is that the distributor we used to source the shirts to fill in during our transition had shirts on the shelves and they unknowingly made it into our order.

As for the confusion around the manufacturer, it looks like the complications of this transition (we're having to review raw inventory by the day and in some cases hourly) resulted in a failure to update the detail page for Schrodinger's Equation. For most of the life-cycle of that shirt, it was printed on AA, but toward the end, we transitioned to Anvil.

No excuse there. We're continuing to tighten our processes to make sure every sale on the site documents the correct manufacturer. We're updating by line (men's , women's and kids) so there are a few moving parts. No doubt by the time we get 100%, we'll be fully transitioned to the new blank and won't need to monitor as closely.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
joelterrific wrote:No doubt by the time we get 100%, we'll be fully transitioned to the new blank and won't need to monitor as closely.

And I'll no longer be purchasing woot shirts. It will be a sad day for me.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
joelterrific wrote:Thanks for the post. In many months of conversation with Anvil, this is the first I've heard or seen that Bangladesh is in the mix. An Anvil labeled (not Woot) shirt is used only when we have shortage of our custom shirts which will come from Honduras or occasionally Nicaragua. For their own branded Shirts, it appears they source from other locales. I'll be contacting Anvil to get some additional info.

Well if that was the first you've heard of it, then here's the second.

spacegirlag

dcroe05 wrote:Well if that was the first you've heard of it, then here's the second.

dad-freakin'-gummit. i was going to get one of those curiosity shirts, and now i'll have to think really, really hard about it. bummer.

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

This is absolutely ridiculous.. Bangladesh! What a flip-flop!

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

Wow. I'm appalled that Woot would let this happen.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
spacegirlag wrote:dad-freakin'-gummit. i was going to get one of those curiosity shirts, and now i'll have to think really, really hard about it. bummer.

This was my "test-purchase" of an Anvil shirt. In Men's XL, for my body, I don't notice much of a difference in quality. But I'm not paying $12/$15 for shirts from Bangladesh.

First it's a price increase to keep the quality, then it's an immediate change to cheaper blanks with a promise that the jobs are being kept away from sweatshops, and now that's a notable Wooter and little old me getting shirts from a sweatshop.

Not happy. Not happy at all.

zeke7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeke7
Narfcake wrote:Tell me about it.

Bangladesh Garment Wages the Lowest in the World
21 cents an hour. Exploited labor? What do you think?

This was the tag on one of the blanks sent from the Shooting Blanks event ...

It's really sad ...

What is really sad is that there are over 250 sweat shops in LA that are running every day with illegals right here in America.
Hopefully, this was actually made in a non-sweat shop facility like they claim.

Narfcake

zeke7 wrote:What is really sad is that there are over 250 sweat shops in LA that are running every day with illegals right here in America.
Hopefully, this was actually made in a non-sweat shop facility like they claim.

http://www.americanapparel.net/contact/ourworkers.html

mrdeeves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdeeves

my anvil says Honduras... what's going on here?

Narfcake

mrdeeves wrote:my anvil says Honduras... what's going on here?

Scroll up for ElanKat's summary and Joel's replies.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
spacegirlag wrote:dad-freakin'-gummit. i was going to get one of those curiosity shirts, and now i'll have to think really, really hard about it. bummer.

Have you purchased one of the new women's blanks yet?

spacegirlag

morgankohl wrote:Have you purchased one of the new women's blanks yet?

no, and i doubt i will. i prefer the men's medium shirts, because they actually fit my shoulders (i have kind of wide shoulders for a chick), and i really don't like the bell shape of the new women's shirts. the straighter cut of the men's shirts fit my body better. so i was going to try a men's medium in anvil (eventually) to see how they fit in comparison to the aa shirts i love so much.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
spacegirlag wrote:no, and i doubt i will. i prefer the men's medium shirts, because they actually fit my shoulders (i have kind of wide shoulders for a chick), and i really don't like the bell shape of the new women's shirts. the straighter cut of the men's shirts fit my body better. so i was going to try a men's medium in anvil (eventually) to see how they fit in comparison to the aa shirts i love so much.

Do continue to get the mens shirts. The womens shirts are grossly oversized, the sizing chart appears to have some inaccuracies and in general fricking suck. Check out the last pages of the forum for the Always shirt and see some of the measurements the women have come up with.

My WM shirt is larger than the old AA mens medium. /ticked.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

spacegirlag

meh3884 wrote:Do continue to get the mens shirts. The womens shirts are grossly oversized, the sizing chart appears to have some inaccuracies and in general fricking suck. Check out the last pages of the forum for the Always shirt and see some of the measurements the women have come up with.

My WM shirt is larger than the old AA mens medium. /ticked.

that's exactly the discussion i've been watching in the ladies size thread. the only people who actually seem to "like" the new women's shirts are the staffers. they've really screwed over a lot of the female wooters. i'm lucky in that i actually prefer the men's shirts already, so i don't have to deal with the change. and the inconsistencies are ridiculous.

elankat

spacegirlag wrote:that's exactly the discussion i've been watching in the ladies size thread. the only people who actually seem to "like" the new women's shirts are the staffers. they've really screwed over a lot of the female wooters. i'm lucky in that i actually prefer the men's shirts already, so i don't have to deal with the change. and the inconsistencies are ridiculous.

There are some non-staffers who have posted that they like the new blanks. In general, it seems the new blanks are good for generously endowed Rubenesque ladies who don't have a long torso.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
joelterrific wrote:I've confirmed with Anvil that the 980 hasn't been made in Bangladesh since 2009 and that no 980s are currently being made outside Nicaragua or Honduras. My guess is that the distributor we used to source the shirts to fill in during our transition had shirts on the shelves and they unknowingly made it into our order.

It seems to me that during a transition, Quality Control would be tightened to ensure things go smoothly. Like, having someone in the print department read the tag on a shirt or two out of the box to make sure it's what you ordered.

As for the confusion around the manufacturer, it looks like the complications of this transition (we're having to review raw inventory by the day and in some cases hourly) resulted in a failure to update the detail page for Schrodinger's Equation. For most of the life-cycle of that shirt, it was printed on AA, but toward the end, we transitioned to Anvil.

Again, having someone in charge of reading tags on shirt stock would have helped this.

o_0

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal
trekmiss wrote:And I'll no longer be purchasing woot shirts. It will be a sad day for me.

Same here.

Well, this was my first, and now my last Anvil shirt. I wasn't going to buy ANY of the Anvil blanked shirts, except that this was bought for my roommate who plays a lot of tabletop, and I figured I'd also get one for me to try out the Anvil blanks.

Sir, I am disappoint.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

And now a third one.

For crying out loud, Woot. When you announced the shift in blanks, you made a *huge* deal of pointing out how "good" Anvil is, and how Woot's blanks would at least be produced in Honduras with semi-sustainable practices and living wages and blah blah blah. Instead we're seeing blanks from Bangladesh.

If you can't guarantee your suppliers are sourcing the correct factories now, when we consumers can confirm it, what guarantees do we have when Anvil shirts arrive with official Woot labels? Do we just have to take it on faith that they're "good" shirts?

At this point, I feel that's asking a lot.

killerorca

Triosinal wrote:Same here.

Well, this was my first, and now my last Anvil shirt. I wasn't going to buy ANY of the Anvil blanked shirts, except that this was bought for my roommate who plays a lot of tabletop, and I figured I'd also get one for me to try out the Anvil blanks.

Sir, I am disappoint.

To me it just looks like a shirt that is wrinkled, could you describe what is disappointing to you?

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
Triosinal wrote:Same here.

Change [img] to [img=75%x75%] :-)

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
thumperchick wrote:Again, having someone in charge of reading tags on shirt stock would have helped this.

o_0

silly girl, that would add to the cost. heck, if you have to hire someone to check that the shirts are made in a country where they at least follow the rules that they (that company) established, you end up losing a portion of the money you saved by outsourcing the shirt construction to begin with.

dang, might as well keep getting shirts made in the US. oh, wait...

elankat

So there's 3 different designs on different colors that have this issue. That's quite a fluke, isn't it?

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal
arryielle wrote:Change [img] to [img=75%x75%] :-)

Thanks!

Yeah, I am very disappointed in the Bangladeshian shirts. I love[d] shirt.woot and have most of my casual tees from here, but that D20 shirt will be my last purchase.

Narfcake

FWIW, I sent service an email this morning linking to this thread.

The thing that gets me is that everyone there should know that Woot's customer base is one that has always been well informed. When you guys tell us something is crap, and yet we still buy it ... that's the buyer's fault! Heck, we loves them by the bagful! But it goes both ways ... and when something isn't delivered as advertised ... well, you know why we're peeved.

Many of us have put in our thoughts and ideas in the Side Sale Feedback thread that Travis started. Most of it is not a wishlist, but business sense.

(I say most ... because I'll admit that I did end mine with a wishlist for 3 shirts. Just keep in mind that for several weeks, Fresh Cake had distinction of being the most Lady Friendly. And judging by the feedback thread, the Anvil blanks won't work. Last I could tell, you're not out of brown and olive AA blanks. Make it happen, please!)