VooDooPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooPC
Re: They're playing a board game

The turtle is missing a leg, I can't see it, but I know it's missing a leg!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Think what you will, but this is an awesome parody and is on topic for the derby. It's well executed and is dead on with the shading. Most of all, it's true.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

My brain just Nooooooooing exploded.

ladykatzuya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladykatzuya
Re: Pandemic RISK

I love this concept - it's really awesome. But I'm really amused that the dude in the middle appears to be scratching his forehead and his nether-regions at the same time. Juvenile, I know. But it's amusing.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

I also think it would be better without the words, but still it's very good.

ladykatzuya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladykatzuya
Re: I Haven't Got a Clue

So this is what's going on inside the prism for Dark Side of the Moon. Love it!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
neuropsychosocial wrote:but we can't encourage Ramy to mature as a person and an artist

Oh yeah? How many more years will that take you think?

And the cyberbully comparisons from some people are completely out of place. If Ramy feels uncomfortable he can just leave, this isn't high school. He's not some poor innocent victim here, he's worked VERY HARD to earn his reputation and the disdain of his peers.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

sillythings86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillythings86

Is this Ramyb submitting under a different account?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sillythings86 wrote:Is this Ramyb submitting under a different account?

No.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper
citizencoyote wrote:(Not raising my hand, by the way...)

Haha i set up that trap dozens of times as a kid and i still for the life of me couldn't tell you the rules to this game lol

dsbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbradley
odysseyroc wrote:The problem is you can see the cat's ears behind and above the brim. Unless it's a baseball style hat, the brim should be covering the ears.

Unless there are holes in the brim for the ears. You see that a lot when someone tries to be cute and put a hat on a horse or dog. But I agree, it makes it look "off"

fefniir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fefniir
bluejester wrote:I'm going to try to stick to a critique of the design itself. One battle at a time fellas:

I feel like the shadows are off in some way. It makes the cat's arm's look odd and very two dimensional.

Speaking of two dimensional, the hat on the middle cat is lacking something that would make it feel like it is sitting more on the cat's head. Right now, the top hat looks like one of those old felt board cut outs or almost paper-doll like. It's too distracting to me. It's kind of an amusing idea actually, just the execution is lacking.

It's actually a fair representation of the contrast effect from that type of intense one direction lighting. Look at photos and movies (pretty much any old school cop/spy interrogation scene) that have the same kind of lighting in them and you will see the same kind of effect. I'll agree with you on the hat, though I'm not sure they could have made it more 3 dimensional, and stayed with the overall art style.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
dsbradley wrote:Unless there are holes in the brim for the ears. You see that a lot when someone tries to be cute and put a hat on a horse or dog. But I agree, it makes it look "off"

I can buy that but I think what's throwing it off is the curved light rim over head and then no curved brim on the hat.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
geekfactor12 wrote:I can't help but think Woot is a better place when we focus on the things we enjoy rather than the things we dislike or are bored by.

first I want to say I didn't do this design but I want to provide some insight as where this design is coming from. I'm using inductive reasoning here since I don't know who actually designed it or their true motives but I think this is a response to the design that is currently in the fog which is a veiled passive aggressive slam against the artists which took part in this collab. To the outside observer this may look like an infantile design making fun of the design and the artist in the fog but I think its more of a reply, tit for tat. If the fogged artist hadn't posted that design I don't think this design would have been created in response.

pryzma13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pryzma13
Re: Pawns of Camelot

Can't express how much I LOVE this! Hope it prints!

downsyndrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downsyndrom
Re: the gathering

Although this is awesome, and a magic player myself, dose this qualify as a board game?

kyooeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyooeh

Only thing that bugs me is that there are two different shades of green light green and a darker shade and for me it was hard to notice the three different colors, but I love the picture.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
mrmeh wrote:Hey? Who's to say I'm not hard working? This took me two hours. (well spent, I might add)
And to clarify my intentions- this has nothing to do with the conversation in the forums or with the content of Ramy's work.
I'm just sort of bugged by people waiting till thursday afternoon to see what is in the fog and then making an amalgam of several designs or copying another.
Same composition, same game but devoid of content. I know- it's nothing that would hold up in court, but it's a little shady all the same.

Just passing by to say that I'm not MrMeh (just in case) hahahah as he/she said that this was a response to Ramy's waiting to see some work in the fog (and linking mine) to make a similar design. Anyway, I have to say that I really laughed out loud when I saw this design. The point of dominating the world and spreading t-shirts everywhere is just great hahahah Thanks for those supporting Pandemic Risk (that didn't take two hours for sure ahahahha)

jinxxnij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinxxnij
Re: King Maker

I love this weeks derby and had to create a submission, so I created a shirt for the dreaded King Maker. This is my first derby entry so please let me know what you think.

"Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyways"

jinxxnij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinxxnij
Re: The Final Stand

Awesome entry. I have been in that situation before and it sucked.

"Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyways"

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: moops

Love it, one of my favorite episodes!

dfunk29

Re: Clueless

I like this one much better without the smiley faces. Clue is my all-time favorite board game! GMV!

dfunk29

Re: Trivial Matters

I love the "smarty pants" glasses on "pi"! I'll be buying this (on AA I hope), I don't care if they're sitting on some attention getting body parts. It's too great not to own.

dfunk29

Re: I Haven't Got a Clue

I need to own this shirt! This is so great, I really hope it prints!

dfunk29

colinlepper wrote:Haha i set up that trap dozens of times as a kid and i still for the life of me couldn't tell you the rules to this game lol

There were rules and an actual game?

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

lol, now that is funny!

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: A most civilized game of world domination

Why are the cats not fat? That would at least make sense instead of being random animals with random human attributes. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this design has any significance otherwise.

umbralspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umbralspace

I am sick of woot for this reason. Why can't you make a design you like rather than creating negativity.

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann

I must confess I found it amusing...

Also, I was kinda surprised and disappointed to see ramy's design rush to the fog as usuals, as if nothing had happened.

terrariageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrariageek
Re: One Game to Rule them All

So many game of thrones references... but this is the best, most original one.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
midgerock wrote:...I think this is a response to the design that is currently in the fog which is a veiled passive aggressive slam against the artists which took part in this collab.

Not to change the subject, but that collab was a little slice of totally awesome. Was like the threadless challenges of the past, but here at woot. Would really love to see that as a theme- collab (designs must be done with another artist).

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

Y'know what gets me? The pieces on the board are little t-shirts.

That seals the awesome. Imma vote for this one.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

This is inspired.

I'm surprised the weekday rejectionator hasn't popped in to send a message yet.

move along

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
wootnnanny wrote:LUV IT!

Congrats on luving your own design! Maybe next time if you follow the rules, others will luv it too!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
allsaints wrote:Seriously? Grow up. This is pathetic. No one wants to come here to watch grown ups act like entitled 5 year olds. It's amazing how a discussion over a well founded issue has devolved into this. The derby isn't your soapbox, keep this in the forums. You have an issue with an artist, present your arguments like a normal adult in the appropriate place. Stop insulting artists who have worked hard to present designs for the derby by begging for attention with this garbage.

Lecturing always works better if you use your real account. Why should anyone listen to a day one whitesquare?

Nothing follows.

jfauble

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfauble

Awesome. Grew up loving the game, and my kids grew up on the show. Hope it makes it back to the fog (primarily to knock out one of the THREE cat shirts.)

obliviousmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obliviousmike
Re: Darkest Timeline: The Game!

Nice, great design. Like the felt goatee on it too

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mrmeh wrote:
I'm just sort of bugged by people waiting till thursday afternoon to see what is in the fog and then making an amalgam of several designs or copying another.

Thursday?

ETA: were this not a message, it could easily print. easily. That said, what's to stop every artist here from following this style for easy money?
Exactly.

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh come on, y'all, don't do this. I realize the high road isn't as amusing, but we can't encourage Ramy to mature as a person and an artist, and then pull [another] immature stunt like this.

Well, to be fair, this stunt was pulled after this stunt. Ramy chose the low road after the encouragement to mature as a person and an artist.

Nothing follows.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Scrabble is a Bloodsport

It was in my family. Scrabble and Backgammon.