TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
bounty42 wrote:Any guesses as to why the numbers for Leo are so off?

I didn't expect to see so many buys for Leo this morning. Maybe the "Save the Cat" message should have said "Lucky, not Leonardo" so those who know ramyb would look beyond the turtle?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
TheGolux wrote:I didn't expect to see so many buys for Leo this morning. Maybe the "Save the Cat" message should have said "Lucky, not Leonardo" so those who know ramyb would look beyond the turtle?

No I mean look at the DSRs for it all week. Based on the Narf set it should be closer to 7th than 2nd. I know the closing numbers for 4/23 are guesses, and there's a Woot-Off in this batch, but that's at least a 7 shirt discrepancy.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
bounty42 wrote:No I mean look at the DSRs for it all week. Based on the Narf set it should be closer to 7th than 2nd. I know the closing numbers for 4/23 are guesses, and there's a Woot-Off in this batch, but that's at least a 7 shirt discrepancy.

The base figure might be off... and at this point, it really doesn't matter. Tonight will be a new week, with a new basis.

bounty42

Narfcake wrote:The base figure might be off... and at this point, it really doesn't matter. Tonight will be a new week, with a new basis.

Well I just finished what I hope is a spreadsheet to rival yours, so I look forward to matching Numbers against you tonight!

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
bounty42 wrote:No I mean look at the DSRs for it all week. Based on the Narf set it should be closer to 7th than 2nd. I know the closing numbers for 4/23 are guesses, and there's a Woot-Off in this batch, but that's at least a 7 shirt discrepancy.

Think about it this way: We had four meaningful chances to be "wrong" (or at least in disagreement with the mighty Woot database): Opening sales on 4/23, Wootoff start, Wootoff end, and Closing sales at noon today. Being off by one transaction in each instance can add up to seven shirts quite easily. (Yes, it would be a bit of an outlier to be wrong in the same direction each time, but nowhere near impossible.)

Narf's DSRs are an attempt to evaluate and predict results using less-than-perfect data. As David Letterman used to say "This is just an exhibition, please kids, no wagering."

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:and at this point, it really doesn't matter

Woot is reprinting "Music is Life," wootbot (under his real staff account) is making fun of a poster with depression and suicidal ideation, and sekiyoku is posting? Yeah, I'd say the accuracy of a particular estimated DSR doesn't really matter.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:wootbot (under his real staff account) is making fun of a poster with depression and suicidal ideation

Wait....what?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Back to the Reckoning...I am extremely happy that Mort-vivant survived the reckoning. If you haven't bought one yet you really should. The design is really fantastic and may still be on AA. I was going to post pictures but I hadn't been able to get around to it. I might now so people now how awesome the design turned out.

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant
mrwednesday wrote:Back to the Reckoning...I am extremely happy that Mort-vivant survived the reckoning. If you haven't bought one yet you really should. The design is really fantastic and may still be on AA. I was going to post pictures but I hadn't been able to get around to it. I might now so people now how awesome the design turned out.

I got mine the other day: Mens on AA, Womens on anvil. I think my girlfriend is gonna cut the design out and put it on the back of a jean jacket. I love mine. Gotta wash them tho.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
neuropsychosocial wrote:Woot is reprinting "Music is Life," wootbot (under his real staff account) is making fun of a poster with depression and suicidal ideation, and sekiyoku is posting? Yeah, I'd say the accuracy of a particular estimated DSR doesn't really matter.

Links to the latter two, please? I don't keep up with all the forum pages, and the search can be baffling even to those of us with advanced degrees in the subject.

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote: wootbot (under his real staff account) is making fun of a poster with depression and suicidal ideation,

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4998414

neuropsychosocial wrote:sekiyoku is posting?

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4998404

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Ya know, remembering my MBA coursework, "drive away all the entrenched customers, then do something to attract an entirely new base" is a valid business plan in certain scenarios.

We may be seeing that in action.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
escapecar wrote:Ya know, remembering my MBA coursework, "drive away all the entrenched customers, then do something to attract an entirely new base" is a valid business plan in certain scenarios.

We may be seeing that in action.

I think it was more on the order of "Leverage corporate resources to data mine and cultivate a particular customer demographic that can sustain continued sales growth"

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
mrwednesday wrote:Back to the Reckoning...I am extremely happy that Mort-vivant survived the reckoning. If you haven't bought one yet you really should. The design is really fantastic and may still be on AA. I was going to post pictures but I hadn't been able to get around to it. I might now so people now how awesome the design turned out.

I plan on wearing mine tomorrow, and my students always ask me about my tees and where I get them. I know I have some serious zombie fans in the house, so I might be ale to steer a few here, if they can get their parents to throw down a credit card.

I am wondering if I ought to, though, with all the crap in the side sale.

I've not been sold on the 'Anvil is evil' idea, mostly because the girl shirts fit me okay, I detest Dov Charney (of American Apparel), and I find some of the surrounding hyperbole off-putting, but I really dislike IP thieving and the whiff of unfairness/cheating that surrounds a couple (key word) of artists around here.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

So we spent the first part of the week praising Narf for his diligence in the face of discouragement, and Woot's response was to turn the discouragement into overdrive. If I could dust off an old gem, we can't win for losing...

I also want to take this time to say goodbye to Lucky at Last. That's really the last one Ramy put out that I enjoyed. Got one for the wife (Narf beat me out for First Wooter), and I convinced every lady at the office to get one. Surprisingly, they haven't worn them on the same day.

Yeah, so there's that...

Narfcake

rockymike wrote:So we spent the first part of the week praising Narf for his diligence in the face of discouragement, and Woot's response was to turn the discouragement into overdrive. If I could dust off an old gem, we can't win for losing...

Yeah, pretty much ...

I also want to take this time to say goodbye to Lucky at Last. That's really the last one Ramy put out that I enjoyed. Got one for the wife (Narf beat me out for First Wooter), and I convinced every lady at the office to get one. Surprisingly, they haven't worn them on the same day.

Bucking the trend, I'm NOT going to even try being the last Wooter too for this one. Despite the artist taking a step back again ... beyond the blank it's printed on ... to have even considered bring back one of she-who-must-not-be-mentioned's designs back ... is just despicable.

I mean, who's next? Willy Piva? Jean-Baptiste Panos? Why not reprint One Cheer for Broccoli ... let one thief continue, may as well let them all, right?!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
rockymike wrote:So we spent the first part of the week praising Narf for his diligence in the face of discouragement, and Woot's response was to turn the discouragement into overdrive. If I could dust off an old gem, we can't win for losing...

I was reminded of this (the anvil/piano part, not the "get a life" part).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:I was reminded of this (the anvil/piano part, not the "get a life" part).

Hey, I resemble that! That's episode 73, BTW. Besides, how many here remember when they bought their first Animaniacs shirt (January 11, 1994) and the product code of their favorite one (#36-301-002)?