turtlesprague

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlesprague

Just curious what effect Gildan purchasing Anvil will have here at Woot...?

I have not heard if the Anvil brand will stay in production as is (still be Anvil shirts), or if Gildan will just start making Gildan shirts in former Anvil factories...

I for one, like the Gildan Softstyle shirt over the Anvil, far more comparable to AA...

But I haven't heard much by way of Gildan in the conversation; just the hatred for Anvil (and thus a hatred for all things NOT AA)...

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Guys: 64000 is shorter and lacks a 3XL size.
Gals: 64000L is a good comparable to AA 2102 ... which means those who prefer the larger sizing of the Anvil 880 will be back to complaining how "they're too tiny" again.

I still rather they go back to shirts made-in-the-USA.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Narfcake wrote:Guys: 64000 is shorter and lacks a 3XL size.
Gals: 64000L is a good comparable to AA 2102 ... which means those who prefer the larger sizing of the Anvil 880 will be back to complaining how "they're too tiny" again.

I still rather they go back to shirts made-in-the-USA.

But I wear a 3x.

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
taternuggets wrote:But I wear a 3x.

... which is probably a reason why Gildan was not in consideration when they changed over the blanks.

kalira

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kalira

Well, looks like I may have to get on that losing-a-bunch-more-weight thing earlier than I thought... sigh.

turtlesprague

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlesprague

Like I said - I haven't found any info yet as to what Gildan acquiring Anvil really means - it could mean they keep making Anvil (maybe it's just "Anvil by Gildan")... but I'm curious if it were to be a complete ovehaul (truly turning Anvil into Gildan)if that means Woot would go to Gildan, or would they be on another search for a different shirt...

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
taternuggets wrote:But I wear a 3x.

Great news there is a company called American Apparel and they offer a 3X size.

...wait a minute.

But seriously they do have them over at GoodJoe if you are looking.

fl3xtra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fl3xtra

Simply put...AA is the only brand of shirt I will ever consider buying. Anything else is inferior. Gildan feels like cardboard, and so does Anvil. If I wanted to wear a burrito for a shirt, I'd buy my sh*t at Walmart.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I use a company called A.S. Tees quite often in my shop. They make a really nice product. Most of their stuff is made in USA, including a super nice organic cotton shirt for the cheapest price I've found. They have a big ladies' selection, which runs small like AA.

The one big problem is that they don't have a great basic men's t-shirt option that's made in USA. But their import line is superb! The fit is quite comparable to AA, and the fabric is slinkier. The black is blacker too, if that makes sense. And the price is quite nice. Right on par with AA 980 or Gildan SoftStyle. They offer a bunch of colors, but I'm not sure if they have all the same ones. They're made in Haiti, so that means you're helping to rebuild a shattered nation with every purchase. ;)

Anyway, if anyone on Woot staff reads this, check them out! A lot of their business is custom relabeling, so it seems like a perfect match to me.

http://astees.com/catalog/mens-fine-jersey-tee

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

I'd like to see Woot look at an option like this. They seem like they're a minor player in shirts (i.e. not a big name like AA, Anvil, or Gildan) and that sounds like a good match for Woot.

orabbit wrote:I use a company called A.S. Tees quite often in my shop. They make a really nice product. Most of their stuff is made in USA, including a super nice organic cotton shirt for the cheapest price I've found. They have a big ladies' selection, which runs small like AA.

The one big problem is that they don't have a great basic men's t-shirt option that's made in USA. But their import line is superb! The fit is quite comparable to AA, and the fabric is slinkier. The black is blacker too, if that makes sense. And the price is quite nice. Right on par with AA 980 or Gildan SoftStyle. They offer a bunch of colors, but I'm not sure if they have all the same ones. They're made in Haiti, so that means you're helping to rebuild a shattered nation with every purchase. ;)

Anyway, if anyone on Woot staff reads this, check them out! A lot of their business is custom relabeling, so it seems like a perfect match to me.

http://astees.com/catalog/mens-fine-jersey-tee

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
turtlesprague wrote:Just curious what effect Gildan purchasing Anvil will have here at Woot...?

I have not heard if the Anvil brand will stay in production as is (still be Anvil shirts), or if Gildan will just start making Gildan shirts in former Anvil factories...

I for one, like the Gildan Softstyle shirt over the Anvil, far more comparable to AA...

But I haven't heard much by way of Gildan in the conversation; just the hatred for Anvil (and thus a hatred for all things NOT AA)...

I just put on one of my favorite non-woot shirts, and noticed for the first time that it is a Gildan. I am indifferent to the print on the shirt - a friend's former band - but have always loved this shirt for the fit and extremely soft texture. I hope this means good things for the upcoming shirts, at least fit and feel wise.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
adamselby wrote:I'd like to see Woot look at an option like this. They seem like they're a minor player in shirts (i.e. not a big name like AA, Anvil, or Gildan) and that sounds like a good match for Woot.

Woot claimed "stability" as a factor in switching from AA to Anvil, so a company that's a fraction of AA's size won't be attractive. AA's looking pretty solid though **hint hint**