sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Laugh, Kookaburra, Laugh

Thanks Radscoolian - it would be nice if you got a chance to wear this shirt. Listening to this song helped inspire me for this derby

http://youtu.be/XrkThaBWa5c

dreweyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreweyes
Re: masks

Very cute.

dreadwood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreadwood

Argh. Pop culture is so vague
Well that sucks. Does anyone know if I can still submit this as a daily?

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Crocodile Undies

Because you really never know down under...

Thanks for viewing and please vote.

perfectchaos859

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perfectchaos859

This shirt is soooo cute! I want a Marsupial in my pocket! how adorable. I will be purchasing this if it wins for sure! I'd want it!

Re: Marsupial in my pocket

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
Re: Emo Emu

Funny. +1

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Blue Tongue

I really just did this for fun :P

It's a blue-tongued skink, which is an Australian lizard with a very blue tongue. It eats bugs and plants and things...

Thanks, Walmazan for the idea!

4matrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4matrix
Re: Damn Gravity

Nice one!

WierdBMD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WierdBMD
dreadwood wrote:Link to an enlarged version.

Thanks for looking.

(And thanks to WierdBMD for the idea )

Thanks for the awesome design. I didn't think it was pop culture either. When in mainstream today (or even outside of the mainstream) do you see RISK mentioned? RISK was originally released in the US in 1959 and has not been created into a movie or any notable video game since it's origination. Albeit the only people that would define this shirt as "pop-culture" would be the Woot community. I don't know whether to be upset about that (no shirt) or happy (because that describes the Woot crowd).

frogfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogfreak
Re: Sugar glider

Nice! As an Australian I find most of these images uninteresting/unappealing, but this one sings! I hope I get a chance to buy it!

ritaroobias

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ritaroobias
Re: Pointillizard

My favorite entry! Really hope it prints. Great job

MMagieD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MMagieD
Re: Pointillizard

THANK YOU!!! I was so concerned when I didn't see many aboriginal art ideas...I LOVE this.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: North for the Winter

I love this. It makes me laugh a lot. Since the green foot is likely to be an issue for a lot of people, you could quickly fix it and get it back up in the fog tonight.

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah

Like I said on the other bubblegum bird design, it might be considered a little too similar to this:

http://www.threadless.com/product/1489/The_Northern_Black_capped_Gumchewer/tab,guys/style,shirt[/quote]

texnewmex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texnewmex

I love your use of negative space! Making it into Australia was a great idea! G'job mate!

wersns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wersns

Thanks man!!

wersns

midgerock wrote:dig it! very wearable! gmv

Thanks MIDGE!!

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
kylemittskus wrote:I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

a quick look reveals these "cute":
→ we are not cuddly!
beware the drop bear
budgie
knucks
→ the ultimate staring contest

and the following "nice":
walkin' about
pointillizard
outback
rainbow lorikeet

there are others, but this is all the time I feel like spending. Look, they're freaking *tee shirts*, ok? We're not talking high art, they don't need to be profound- they're designs screen printed on cotton jersey. Yeah, sure, sometimes someone comes up with something really amazing, sometimes a particular design makes a big impression on someone because it tickles their funny bone, reminds them of something they like, or a particular design strikes them as creative or well done. Other times, well, they're nice t-shirt designs. So just get over yourself and your whining. Take them for what they are- nice designs, or not. If you want to discuss high art, go get trained as a docent and give tours someplace- but last I checked (I didn't), there isn't a Museum of Shirt.Woot.

wersns

Re: Down Under Mutation

Thanks for all the kind comments! really appreciate it!

Knarpulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Knarpulous
kylemittskus wrote:I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe that's what other people want? There are plenty of shirts in the derby that have no story or silliness, I don't see you whining about them. Or are you just jumping on this design simply because it's by Ramy?

brainiumdesign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainiumdesign
Re: Boomerang!

Nice job on your first entry. It's always fun to see different interpretations of the same concept.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Danger down under

Great twist on the typical tourist promo shot of roos silhouetted in the outback.

bschacherbauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bschacherbauer
Re: Deep Down Under

This would make the perfect Christmas gift for my little sister.. She is wanting to be a marine biologist.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Stacked

ANOTHER collab with bootsboots--enjoy!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
Knarpulous wrote:Or are you just jumping on this design simply because it's by Ramy?

Probably this. Some folks will never be pleased with his work because of the past, no matter how much has changed.

FWIW, my perspective moved from negative to neutral. There's still a ways to go, of which only time will prove, but I have voted (and purchased) when warranted. And I will unvote when warranted too; the last turbunny design yielded two unvotes. ^_^

Narfcake

GMV. Just hope they don't change their mind about being a low print, even though they did it with Scream.

immortalxkiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalxkiss

Narfcake

dreadwood wrote:Argh. Pop culture is so vague
Well that sucks. Does anyone know if I can still submit this as a daily?

It's happened before.

Pop culture doesn't have super popular to be considered such, nor is it limited to only the present era. I'm won't be surprised if someone submitting a blue koala this derby would be rejected as pop culture just the same, even though the store in context went bankrupt like 20 years ago.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Over-Prepared Kangaroo

Because a good kangaroo is always prepared for every eventuality. Here's a link to the art's full detail.

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
Re: Plaidypus

Because Australians love puns.

lisadanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisadanger
meepee wrote:Haha
I was contemplating whether to add it or not, but I thought it looked better without.

no poop.

joeray1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeray1

this should win, thats all that needs too be said.

eeschultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeschultz

I want to become an eccentric billionaire so that I can hire Walmazan to design a new t-shirt for me Every. Single. Day. Poor guy's arm will get tired from all that drawing. But I will pay him well. Yes, I will. For I will be a billionaire. With lots and lots of supercute t-shirts.

That's a really long way of saying that I'm totally voting for this.

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
Re: Echidna Baby

Because my daughter wanted a shirt with an echidna baby.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Crocodile Undies

you so silly :P

kelslee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelslee
Re: Not An Aussie

One More Gimlet. Love this! Please help this one print. I would automatically be buying two. My Aussie-crazed friend (she has 5 - including two black tris) would love it. Although I'd (and she probably would, too) like it better if the Aussie didn't have a tail - but it's still definitely distinguishable.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: this is an Australian crocodile

Very charmingly done.

atlanticavenue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlanticavenue
Re: Don't worry, she just wants a hug!

After looking up facts about Australia to gain some ideas for this derby, I discovered that Australia has some of the largest spiders in the world - so large that they catch & eat birds in their webs - no joke, google it. To make this vision a bit less terrifying for me, I'd like to think these spiders just want a hug!

meresparrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meresparrow
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

This is ridiculously cute.