+ Add a Comment

CleoL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CleoL
Re: Pointillizard

looks beautiful!
will it be a backprint ? would make it much more awesome to my mind.

Cormano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cormano
Re: to the sun

Not only probably the best artwork in this derby, but one of the few (only?) shirts that made a serious attempt to address the artistic and political history of Australia.

When studying the Dreaming, I similarly felt a sense of tragedy upon learning that the geography European immigrants seem so intent on selling to the highest bidder is considered a literal avatar of the spirituality of the Aboriginal Australians.

Good to see more shirts making an adult statement.

I'd Want It.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
xazothia wrote:tasmanian devils want to make a shark into sushi? the outback is on fire?

the illustration is really sharp and interesting, I just can't tell what's going on.

I agree Xazy, I just can't figure this one out. |3

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Cormano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cormano
Narfcake wrote:Looks like Siam/Southeast Asia to me.

Southeast Asia? Oh dear God - is that why they're yellow?

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
csl312 wrote:I'll second that. Ramyb, when you do non-cutsy animal designs they are almost always great. However I also understand this is a money making venture, and the woot audience seems to crave more cartoon animals. If more people would buy more artistic stuff, then these type of designs would probably be more common.

Gotta agree here. This one is rising to the Fog pretty fast, or so I can see... It's a nice design. :D
I think this and the Darth Vader one are proof that your non-cartoon animal shirts can be pretty successful.

GMV <3

rcbustam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcbustam
missmelis wrote:Gotta admit, I'm slightly disappointed to learn from the other comments on this entry that the "true Aussie" dogs aren't supposed to be dingoes... mainly because I was going to make a terrible "dingoes ate my puppy!" joke.

I think they ARE dingoes! The dog that isn't the true Aussie is the Australian Shepherd. ;)

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Rainbow Serpent

Thanks for the votes and comments so far everyone!

I'm not a real big on of white tees myself, but after trying this design on a few colors, ended up liking it on white the best; so I went with it.

I have it ready on another color though, and may just sub it and see which does better.

qetza

Re: Rainbow Serpent (On Brown)

On a different shirt color this time for all those opposed to the white t-shirt. I like it on this color too, but still give a slight edge to white. I'm curious to see which does better.

qetza

CaptainReginald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainReginald
geneotype wrote:This is the first chance I've had to see the comments on the design since I submitted it on Friday. I have to admit I completely missed that the foot's coloring was missed in the transfer from the Illustrator file to the Photoshop presentation file. I had unlocked all art, but that small color area was on a locked layer and got missed. Here is a screenshot from the separated file sent to woot:

I apologize for the confusion and really really thank everyone for the great comments!!!

In that case, it's got my vote. Definitely buying if it prints.

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg

Love it, but needs more obvious winter/migratory reference imo.

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
Re: Pointillizard

Hey thanks for the kudos everyone

I think that it would be nice printed on the back too but Woot doesn't take those kinds of requests for the derby...as far as I know.

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
Re: Not An Aussie

oh no, not a tail!!!!

roserael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roserael
TobiasAmaranth wrote:I agree Xazy, I just can't figure this one out. |3

Then you haven't seen in the news that in the past year Oz has suffered record flooding and devistating wild fires.

Love the design by the way!

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
Re: Drop Bears

+1 for the doe-eyed decoy.
+10 for the lunging attacker.
+ a kajillion for the eye-gouger!

GMV!

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther

cool design, but who wears yellow? No one. I would re-sub on a different shirt color

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
jgolando wrote:I've never seen the movie, and I thought it was hilarious. And I'm female. Not that that's pertinent.

What about it exactly did you find hilarious?

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: K.O.ala-ed

Koala Rocket Punch! I love it!

citizencoyote

Re: Afrilled of a little rain?

Very whimsical, I heartily approve. Also, frilled lizard = win (especially in the face of a koala onslaught, even if I do like some of the koala designs).

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas

This shirt is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of the few Australians I've met, most of them warned me of the drop bears. I foolishly didn't listen and my family was devoured on a trip through Victoria. It was only the likes of Crocodile Dundee that saved me... er... that might have just been a dream I was having once.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

citizencoyote

Pheline wrote:a If you want to discuss high art, go get trained as a docent and give tours someplace- but last I checked (I didn't), there isn't a Museum of Shirt.Woot.

Shirt.what is about as close as you'll get.

As for the design, it's cute. Not my style, but I know plenty of people who would jump all over this.

tigerfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfiend

Looks like a lion and a grey unicorn....

anyoneuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anyoneuser
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

cute·i·li·cious

justplainme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justplainme
Mavyn wrote:I like it...but nothing about it makes me think 'Australia'. :/

Ditto.

Astronomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Astronomer
Re: Danger down under

Is it just me, or does that second kangaroo look like its elbows bend the wrong way?

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Aviator Aussie

In full size the outline is not at all as heavy as it appears here.

lepyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepyan
Re: Moonlit Ayers Rock -Resub.

I chose to resubmit this entry to improve the presentation of the design. Thanks for looking.

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
carol2bs1grl wrote:Dare I say it? A cutesy ramby design that I actually like??

Agreed! I had to take a step back for a second to regain my footing.

PCBconehead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PCBconehead
Re: Buried Treasure

This is stunning - great work!

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Lerasi wrote:oh no, not a tail!!!!

I know, I know! I debated for a long time whether or not to crop the tail. I finally ended up leaving it there because it just didn't look right in the illustration without it. Looks a lot less funny in photographs, or maybe if it had been from a different angle.

Congrats, you're the first to notice! I wondered when that was going to come up. ;) This poor Aussie wouldn't win in any doggy shows...

llamassassin

Re: Kookabura

Do you have a higher-quality version of this image to upload? Tis very fuzzy.

llamassassin

My goal for my time on Woot is to one day have a design that surpasses one of yours in votes, Ramy. PREPARE YOURSELF!! *Eyes aflame*

Heh. Just kidding. Very pretty design. I'm jealous of the talent of you and many of the artists on here. Someday, with practice and time I hope to be as good. ^__^

papatzu101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papatzu101
llamassassin wrote:Do you have a higher-quality version of this image to upload? Tis very fuzzy.

sorry about that. im working on it. love your design btw. id vote if i could

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Aussie Spider

Love the colors; hate the creature as it would give me nightmares.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: to the sun

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

WinterArtwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WinterArtwork
Re: Bang-a-roo!

great job Lucky!

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Shrimp on the Barbie

pop culture reference?

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Rainbow Serpent

This looks amazing. I think it gets washed out on the brown.

llamassassin

papatzu101 wrote:sorry about that. im working on it. love your design btw. id vote if i could

Aw. Thank you. Regards to the uploading, maybe I can help? What program are you using to make the jpg?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Kookaburra In The Old Gum Tree v2.0

had complaints on the coloring so resubbed on grey with a bit darker colors. I hope this works better. If you want to compare the link in my signature for the orginal is still available.