pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Is anyone else having a problem when you post here with your cursor not showing up?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Since you're here, might want to check your PMs.

oops! sorry - going to do that now

Edit: Done!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Is anyone else having a problem when you post here with your cursor not showing up?

No, but I doubt I'd notice either way.

Kdc - good for niece becoming starting to become self sufficient and getting college started. I hope she doesn't abuse not having to be in school during the day.

I'm such a loyalist. I'd have a hard time thinking it's time to move on from a job that fast. I wish I could be as logical about it as you are!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:No, but I doubt I'd notice either way.

Kdc - good for niece becoming starting to become self sufficient and getting college started. I hope she doesn't abuse not having to be in school during the day.

I'm such a loyalist. I'd have a hard time thinking it's time to move on from a job that fast. I wish I could be as logical about it as you are!

In today's corporate world, long time loyalty to a company doesn't always pay - literally and figuratively.

In my situation - I may or may not leave at some point. but I am training and teaching my two employees. If I ever do leave, it would be the perfect opportunity for one of them to step up into my role, which is my ultimate goal for them.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I guess since nobody wants to tell me, I'll just send gman a card a day for awhile.

weird captcha. It has a picture of a number, like on a house.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:In today's corporate world, long time loyalty to a company doesn't always pay - literally and figuratively.

In my situation - I may or may not leave at some point. but I am training and teaching my two employees. If I ever do leave, it would be the perfect opportunity for one of them to step up into my role, which is my ultimate goal for them.

Yes, I know this intuitively, but I like the idea of consistency and permanence. I also always feel like when I'm ready to leave if I leave I'll be leaving my employer in a lurch because most of my projects are largely independent. It's the same thing with our church. The children's ministry is almost non-existent and I've barely heard a sermon in the last 7 years (it was actually better when I was running the nursery because there was more help AND two services so I could attend one without my family, but they aren't doing any of that now). Anyway, we should leave, there are lots of places in the area specializing in family needs, our church is focused on rehab, which isn't really a need for us. Yet, we don't go because we still want to fix where we are.... It makes no logical sense, it's a personality problem, maybe I need rehab for that

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I guess since nobody wants to tell me, I'll just send gman a card a day for awhile.

weird captcha. It has a picture of a number, like on a house.

I'd tell you, but I count on you to remember these things so I don't have to. (I think it's Orc's birthday though, and that I do know... do you need a PM for that?)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I'd tell you, but I count on you to remember these things so I don't have to. (I think it's Orc's birthday though, and that I do know... do you need a PM for that?)

Then I have to send another card out.
How come we didn't know Orc and Gman had the same birthday?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Then I have to send another card out.
How come we didn't know Orc and Gman had the same birthday?

We do know that, because I have to find two birthday photos that day.... and I'm cramming to finish this stupid update that is due two days after, so I'm not sure how well I will do on the image front.... oh well. Orc hasn't picked out what I told him I was getting him this year either (and I need him to pick it out because I don't want to mess it up - it'd kinda a specific sort of thing.)

kdccrosby

Headed to bed. Night all.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Headed to bed. Night all.

Goodnight kdc, drop in again anytime!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hullo there, friends of the Internet!

Still waiting to get my car back. I keep telling them not to rush though because I have son's car. It's a big job. They're basically having to tear apart the entire underside of the front/back and dig deep into the engine.

• Replacing springs and all associated bushings. Lady said there wasn't much left of my springs.

• Replacing all radiator hoses, some of which go underneath the engine.

Thank goodness I extended my service contract when it ran out. This is coming in high enough but without it.... whew.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Headed to bed. Night all.

Good night.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Hullo there, friends of the Internet!

Still waiting to get my car back. I keep telling them not to rush though because I have son's car. It's a big job. They're basically having to tear apart the entire underside of the front/back and dig deep into the engine.

• Replacing springs and all associated bushings. Lady said there wasn't much left of my springs.

Thank goodness I extended my service contract when it ran out. This is coming in high enough but without it.... whew.

How old's your car?

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Got a lot done today - even dragged out the steam rug cleaner (which is actually useless) to do the "office" part of this room where the chair rollers seem to leave spots - dirty spots. Does anyone have a REALLY good, light-weight carpet cleaner?

Hope everyone has a good night. TT sorry about the expense of those car repairs. Did it also suffer hail damage? That was a huge piece of hail you showed us the day of the tornado.

Night all.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Hullo there, friends of the Internet!

Wow, that sounds like almost a new car instead. I guess it's good you have the service contract or you would probably be car shopping. I hope it runs like new when you get it back.

I'm always curious, how boring is the night watch? I mean occasionally see a spammer here in the ebw, but I'd think the rest of woot would be just as quiet.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wow, that sounds like almost a new car instead. I guess it's good you have the service contract or you would probably be car shopping. I hope it runs like new when you get it back.

I'm always curious, how boring is the night watch? I mean occasionally see a spammer here in the ebw, but I'd think the rest of woot would be just as quiet.

It's quiet until the rollover. It's not boring. There's a lot of sites! And I have a lot of stuff I do that not directly related to the sites... behind the scenes stuff.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wow, that sounds like almost a new car instead. I guess it's good you have the service contract or you would probably be car shopping. I hope it runs like new when you get it back.

It's quiet until the rollover. It's not boring. There's a lot of sites! And I have a lot of stuff I do that not directly related to the sites... behind the scenes stuff.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Fell asleep in my chair. Luckily I was tilted back or I would have hit the keyboard.

Picturing your face if you did....

(Feminine version, of course)

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:How old's your car?

I'm on my second 3-year extended contract.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:It's quiet until the rollover. It's not boring. There's a lot of sites! And I have a lot of stuff I do that not directly related to the sites... behind the scenes stuff.

I'm glad you have lots to do. I don't head over to deals much, I mean I could, I might find some cool stuff, but it's kinda like slickdeals.net and stopped checking it's main page ages ago. Sure I miss cool stuff, but when I have something I really need a deal on I just set an alert and am fine with that. I'm trying to get rid of stuff anyway.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Goodnight Poof!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshoper
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning jqubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning SnifferSir
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning holmes dog
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Rain and all who follow.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. I did my two laps around the neighborhood this morning then came back and grabbed Maisy for her shorter walk. About half way through the walk, I see a dark shape dart by out of the corner of my eye. A bit later, it comes bounding up. The cat followed us for the entire walk. Probably about 1/2 mile or so.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Still not feeling 100%, but better. Looks like my afternoon meeting was moved up to this morning, so I'm probably going to leave early.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Good morning everyone. Glad you can get the necessary stuff out of your way this AM Mavyn.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

Still not feeling 100%, but better. Looks like my afternoon meeting was moved up to this morning, so I'm probably going to leave early.

Feel better.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kdccrosby wrote:In today's corporate world, long time loyalty to a company doesn't always pay - literally and figuratively.

I was at my last company nine+ years. I can confirm this statement.

On a cheerful note, good morning and happy Friday! Weather looks good, hope it holds up tonight while I'm out in it...

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

No complaints, really. The only surprise has been the ongoing taste of nastiness, which in turn upsets my stomach and means I haven't been hungry all week.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:No complaints, really. The only surprise has been the ongoing taste of nastiness, which in turn upsets my stomach and means I haven't been hungry all week.

The way I always saw that is, unless you are skinny, that isn't a problem!

It would be a problem for my mother in law, who's top weight is under 100. At times my daughter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thinking about going to the doc in the box and finding out if this sore throat is allergies or maybe strep.
My goddaughter is home from college with strep. She only goes to school 20 miles from home, it is not like they traveled to get her.
The little green flowers on the maple tree are out. I think I'm allergic to them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:The way I always saw that is, unless you are skinny, that isn't a problem!

It would be a problem for my mother in law, who's top weight is under 100. At times my daughter.

Yeah, not a problem for a few days since I'm not skinny. I've lost 18 pounds since the first of March, only about 5 of it this past week. Lots more to go.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, not a problem for a few days since I'm not skinny. I've lost 18 pounds since the first of March, only about 5 of it this past week. Lots more to go.

That is alot. Not that I wouldn't be happy, but most likely that is too much if you aren't trying.

I have decided this throat thing has been around too long for strep, it must be allergies . It will go away on it's own.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:That is alot. Not that I wouldn't be happy, but most likely that is too much if you aren't trying.

I have decided this throat thing has been around too long for strep, it must be allergies . It will go away on it's own.

Oh, the rest has been the result of trying. I got back to jogging several days a week. 2 miles on the treadmill, and paying more attention to portions at meals.

Sorry about your throat. Ginger tea has become my 'throat feels icky' remedy. That, or the lemony-tea stuff from the Korean market--it's a jar, kept in the fridge. Has lemon peels and all sorts of yummy things, dissolve a spoon full into hot water and yum. Lifts my spirits if nothing else!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Oh, the rest has been the result of trying. I got back to jogging several days a week. 2 miles on the treadmill, and paying more attention to portions at meals.

Sorry about your throat. Ginger tea has become my 'throat feels icky' remedy. That, or the lemony-tea stuff from the Korean market--it's a jar, kept in the fridge. Has lemon peels and all sorts of yummy things, dissolve a spoon full into hot water and yum. Lifts my spirits if nothing else!

Oh, you are trying! Good job!

I could wander around the asian speciality supermarket and try to find it.
I didn't take anything just in case I went to the doc in the box.
I'll go take something now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hat.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.