WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Old-school sci-fi promised us a lot: hover cars, full meals in tiny pills, teleportation machines. But most importantly, it promised us robots! And now, decades later, what do we have? Nothing. Sure, there are a few factory bots around, welding stuff and stacking boxes, but the people who designed them didn’t even give them faces!

Well, it’s time us sci-fi nerds stood up for what we want! It’s time we told all the scientists to take a break from the climatology research and the medical advancements and the astrophysics in order to build us some friggin’ cute robots with unnecessary human features. And what better way to make such a statement than by wearing a shirt featuring one of these mechanical friends!

So go ahead: decide how much sleeve you want and then pick the design that screams, “We refuse to wait any longer! We want robots TODAY!”

And hurry up! The sale ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, April 15th, which gives our worker bots us just enough time to pack em up and ship em out by April 18th!

Tee - $15
by rglee129
by patrickspens
by ramyb
by patrickspens
by Beefmoe64
by Leon Ryan
by rglee129
by Rachel Caldwell

What? Do these mechanical men fail to appeal to your human sensibilities?? Well, fine then! You can wait until next week, when we'll have a new sale up! In the meantime, you might be interested in the shirts we have over at The Reckoning!

Quality Posts

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

For anybody wondering: The Sex Drugs, The Power of Giving, and Let's Play are on AA tees for men only; everything else seems to be Anvil from either Honduras or Nicaragua.

girlwootbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girlwootbot

Bot-approved!

Please support your friendly bots in need. Buy a shirt to cover that flesh up.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Starting numbers for the tshirts:

Chance of Scattered Showers - 1715
Do the Robot! - 2841
Flower Carrier - 3413
Let’s Play - 2059
Robot Zombies! - 3688
The Power of Giving - 3082
The Sex Drugs - 907
Tin: Old Skool - 3609
Retrobot - 2310

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller

Is it supposed to read Sunday, April 15th, or Monday, April 16th?

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
4khaos wrote:For anybody wondering: The Sex Drugs, The Power of Giving, and Let's Play are on AA tees for men only; everything else seems to be Anvil from either Honduras or Nicaragua.

Already own 2 out of those 3, and no interest in the 3rd. Looks like I keep my money again this week, Woot.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Tin: Old Skool! Do the Robot! I've wanted both of those! AHHHH! If they were only on AA!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krandaller wrote:Is it supposed to read Sunday, April 15th, or Monday, April 16th?

It's correct. The sale will end right before the Monday sales so 11:59pm on Sunday, April 15.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
4khaos wrote:For anybody wondering: The Sex Drugs, The Power of Giving, and Let's Play are on AA tees for men only; everything else seems to be Anvil from either Honduras or Nicaragua.

All of the long-sleeve shirts are on AA.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
ThunderThighs wrote:It's correct. The sale will end right before the Monday sales so 11:59pm on Sunday, April 15.

It says Sunday the sixteenth and should say fifteenth.

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller
ThunderThighs wrote:It's correct. The sale will end right before the Monday sales so 11:59pm on Sunday, April 15.

"The sale ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, April 16th..."

EDIT: Just noticed what rogue said above!

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

We're definitely in Robert Lee's wheelhouse this week. Thankfully Spring-ATRON was offered in the spring sale or it'd be a Robert robot domination.

In honor of this sale, I'm going to wear Zombie Vampire Robots from Space tomorrow:

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rogue8402 wrote:It says Sunday the sixteenth and should say fifteenth.

Oooooohhhhh! Doh! I'll send it in for a fix. Thanks.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Missed 'The Power of Giving'. Glad it's on AA so I don't have to pay $5 extra for a long sleeve.

fantabulouso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fantabulouso

Oh my god Woot, this sale. THIS SALE.

Good bye paycheck.
Just... just get out of here quickly, go.

Hipgnosis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hipgnosis

WHA? How can we have a robot theme and not include Fate of the Planet? Arguably the finest robot art ever featured on a woot shirt. Also, woot missed out on some of my money here. I am aware that hoodies might not be selling like hotcakes in the warmer states this time of year, but here in the PacNW we wear our hoodies all but three months out of the year. I would have leaped at the chance to get some type of roboid garment with a hood attached.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The problem with a robo-week is that there are simply too many great robo-shirts. I expect we'll see another week with the same theme, no repeats, someday.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

ARGHHH! None of the Tees are on Women's or Kids' Sizes AA blanks.

I might try one longsleeve...but I have a feeling it's going to be much too big

If only you'd sell tank tops for smaller women to balance out being too small for all the longsleeve shirts! Pleeease?

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

no pullovers? i just saved $225 (+ shipping)! woot!
(i'm guessing, no more hoodies till winter?)

couldn't resist the Sex Drugs long sleeve tee though.

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli

Oh, SO SAD none of these are hoodies.. I've been waiting for a print I love to show up on a hoodie and finally there's a theme where I would have bought about half the designs on hoodies, not just one. /cry

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
neuropsychosocial wrote:All of the long-sleeve shirts are on AA.

But men's sizes. Women who are an AA WL or smaller are pretty much out of luck for this robot sale unless they like the baggy look.

rockmsockmdockum

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rockmsockmdockum

I agree with the last few posts.

Hope we see another robot-themed sale with hoodies or zip-ups. I really need a good hoodie!

I'm thinking that one with the red balloon or one of the others in that write-up "series" would be excellent.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

elankat wrote:But men's sizes. Women who are an AA WL or smaller are pretty much out of luck for this robot sale unless they like the baggy look.

Truth. Long-sleeved small are too baggy and long-armed (and I've got some long arms, so!) to own more than a couple for the sake of a design (I prefer my oversized warm stuff in hoodies and zip-ups. If this sale were these designs on hoodies/zips? Woot, you would have so many of my monies!! Even hot climates need warmer layers at night most of the year, at the very least), and the women's Anvil are just not something that'll ever be happening on my torso unless I want to look like a dumpy mom-jeans type from the mid-90's. And I don't.
I'm so grateful that one of the short-sleeved shirts designs I want is being printed on men's AA. Too big? Yup. But at least in a not-terrible-on-me way. So here's to The SexDrugs! Bought it for my brother back when it ran and have been wanting it for myself ever since.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
goldenthorn wrote:Truth. Long-sleeved small are too baggy and long-armed (and I've got some long arms, so!) to own more than a couple for the sake of a design (I prefer my oversized warm stuff in hoodies and zip-ups. If this sale were these designs on hoodies/zips? Woot, you would have so many of my monies!! Even hot climates need warmer layers at night most of the year, at the very least),

Truth. I owned a shocking amount of hoodies when I was living in NC. Perfect compromise between sweater and jacket at night time. Now they're perfect for daytime here in WA.

MOAR HOODIES!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ndevries1981

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndevries1981

Finally, 'Do The Robot!' short sleeve T is being offerred again... but not on an AA shirt!!

I don't want to pay $15 for an Anvil shirt...but if anyone wants to buy one for me and TRADE it for one of my current trading AA shirts...that I would do. I am XXL, all my trades are XXL men.

Any takers?
username on teetrade.org: ndevries

Historical Inspiration

Detecting a Class 5 Fruit Event Incoming

Spirit Animal

The Sleeping Giants

Stereo Scope E

Nerdasaurus-Rex

Super Effective

and an Air Defense

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

Props to woot for offering some great designs, and all of them are available in both formats!

However, I too must decry the lack of hoodies, I understand you probably don't have hoodies in all colors but at least leave us some options? I will also add, but it is largely a lost cause now, that a lack of an AA short sleeve shirt option has caused me to pass on 2 of the shirts offered in this sale.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

This was handy. I had regretted not picking up The Sex Drugs the first time and here it is again and fortunately in AA. Score!

edit:

It is still a little sad that woot never bothered to fix the cymbal even though the mistake was pointed out during the derby and a correction was at least posted in the thread and also submitted to woot if I remember correctly.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Hipgnosis wrote:WHA? How can we have a robot theme and not include Fate of the Planet? Arguably the finest robot art ever featured on a woot shirt.

I was hoping I would see a Draxxx print, And it would have been on a green shirt, a nice change from the wall of dark here.

BTW Woot, when I have clicked on the short sleeve shirts I have been directed to the front page instead.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
blanked wrote:I was hoping I would see a Draxxx print, And it would have been on a green shirt, a nice change from the wall of dark here.

BTW Woot, when I have clicked on the short sleeve shirts I have been directed to the front page instead.

I just clicked on all of them and they took me to the shirts - feel free to drop any additional info you have on this (basically anything we can use to reproduce the issue) if it's still happening to you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I would have bough Tin: Old Skool on AA, but passing on Anvil.

I really wish Woot would reconsider this whole Anvil thing, but I don't think they will.

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

The Robot Zombies! design reminds me of the cover to CT-based hardcore ska band The Flaming Tsunamis' artwork for the album "Zombies Vs. Robots" (boy was that sentence a mouthful)

http://theflamingtsunamis.bandcamp.com/album/zombies-vs-robots

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
fantabulouso wrote:Oh my god Woot, this sale. THIS SALE.

Good bye paycheck.
Just... just get out of here quickly, go.

That's exactly how I felt too, especially when I saw "Tin: Old Skool!"

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

I would have loved to see some not printed before robots here, like ANY of KEVLAR51's robots(especially "Rotation")! Still an injustice none of his robots have printed!

I also would've liked to see cmdixon's "To the clouds", and BootsBoots "Making friends" just to name a few.

Guess only one of these sales has had shirts tat havent printed though so I guess I'm out of luck here.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
renegadetim wrote:I would have loved to see some not printed before robots here, like ANY of KEVLAR51's robots(especially "Rotation")! Still an injustice none of his robots have printed!

I also would've liked to see cmdixon's "To the clouds", and BootsBoots "Making friends" just to name a few. ...

Kevbots can be bought here and Boots' shirt is available here.

bobbyfoster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobbyfoster

Where is the "Zombie Vampire Robots from Space" shirt?!?! I left that shirt in a hotel a couple of years ago and am heartbroken over it. Can you offer it again at some point? Please? Pretty Please? Pretty please with red robot lights on top?

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
bobbyfoster wrote:Where is the "Zombie Vampire Robots from Space" shirt?!?! I left that shirt in a hotel a couple of years ago and am heartbroken over it. Can you offer it again at some point? Please? Pretty Please? Pretty please with red robot lights on top?

I was going to order a second until I scrolled through the list and found that they left out the greatest robot shirt Woot ever had.

NoGenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoGenocide

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is on "sale" here. Those prices look like the regular prices to me (reckoning prices, more expensive than launch prices). So, what exactly is the "Sale" part of it? Am I missing something?

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
elankat wrote:But men's sizes. Women who are an AA WL or smaller are pretty much out of luck for this robot sale unless they like the baggy look.

I would say AA WM or smaller. The AA WL is practically the same size as the AA MS. Also, I wear a AA WM and the AA MS fits perfectly fine. It looks like a t-shirt but it is not baggy at all: fits well in the shoulders, just barely tight across the chest, loose on the waist, and tight enough at the bottom that it doesn't billow.

Check your chest measurement against the men's sizes unless you absolutely can't stand non-fitted shirts. I'm 36"/28"/? and 5'3"/135 for reference.

Edit: I don't know if this applies for long-sleeves, the sleeves might be baggy.

schmid4brains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmid4brains

Love the shirts, but i was hoping that "chicken loves robot" (or whatever the name the of that design with the red robot and yellow bird was) would be on there, especially in a long sleeve. I have the tshirt and get lots of compliments on it.

dreaming of socks

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Slarti59 wrote:I would say AA WM or smaller. The WL is practically the same size as the MS. Also, I wear a WM and the MS fits perfectly fine. It looks like a t-shirt but it is not baggy at all: fits well in the shoulders, just barely tight across the chest, loose on the waist, and tight enough at the bottom that it doesn't billow.

Check your chest measurement against the men's sizes unless you absolutely can't stand non-fitted shirts. I'm 36"/28"/? and 5'3"/135 for reference.

Edit: I don't know if this applies for long-sleeves, the sleeves might be baggy.

The Anvil MS is cut like a men's shirt. The AA MS long sleeve fits like a men's shirt. Both are going to be loose through the middle with sleeves that are a longer unisex fit rather than a women's fitted long or short sleeve look. The Anvil WS is going to be approximately the same size in the chest as the AA WL, but will have the billowing fit at the hips & midsection.