WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Quality Posts

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The (W)reckoning of a Short [Sleeve Shirt] Story, #248

Six more days. Only six more days until this was only memories, casual everydays replaced by casual Fridays, Saturday binges at A Warrior's Drink followed by Sunday morning "family" breakfasts at The Lucky Pig, Wednesday afternoon poetry slams at the über-hipster Olde Cat Nouveau Café. It almost resembled a shadow-play, me watching us go through the motions of one last final exam period, torn between the race to adulthood and a desire to hold onto the little things that defined this time in our lives. We all looked ashen, half alive and half dead, morts-vivants about to be tossed into the midst of a celestial playground; we didn't yet know that, unlike the playgrounds of our youth, it would have no posted rules telling us what we could and could not do. I looked down at my blank computer screen: four years of college, thirteen English seminars, and I still couldn't figure out how The Tyger was actually related to poetry.

Jamie walked in with a printed copy of her senior art history thesis, in which she argued that the famous Leonardo was actually a one-legged turtle with a fetish for female "bunnies;" she threw all 120 pages on the floor and moaned, "time to proofread and check the spelling!" Kevin looked at her paper, clearly single-sided and triple-spaced, and groaned, "Come on, Jamie, save the trees already!" Jamie put her hands up and uttered a ferocious SHHHHHHHHHHH! "Okey dokey, artichokey!" he hissed back at her, sarcasm dripping from every syllable. To be fair, he was under pressure: with no post-graduation job, unless he got lucky at the last minute, his father (class of '71) was pressuring him to join the family business running a Yggdrasil tree farm. "Four years of astro and my only skills are that I can make a good argument to bring back Pluto and identify a dragon nebula at 100 feet," he'd confided last night. "I just don't know the formula for success when it comes to finding a job, but I want to be what I want to be, not who my dad wants me to be."

Jamie and Kev continued snapping at each other as the freshmen boys down the hall began their nightly round of Hungry Hungry Games: whoever's hippo ate the fewest marbles had to pay the pizza delivery guy. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, the stale musty smell of 50 year old dorms that I would never forget, and thought of my mother's parting words as she dropped me off, four years ago - "Always remember, soon enough, this will be nevermore."

In honor of the students, professors, and administrators conducting and preparing for the semiannual Battle of the Final Exams - with special congratulations to the Class of 2012: go forth and prosper, remembering that there is no single path to "prosperity" and no single definition of success. Be kind to yourselves and to others; enjoy the ride; and every once in a while, let your former professors know how you're doing.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

Baseline numbers for this week:

Legend: (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - baseline sales numbers.
(1) The Formula For Success - 9519
(2) Leonardo - 6357
(3) Only Memories - 2951
(4) The Tyger - 5026
(5) Casual Friday - 5872
(6) Shhhhhhh - 12144
(7) Celestial Playground - 3103
(8) Artichokey - 3643
(9) Yggdrasil Tree - 2037
(10) The Binge - 57960
(11) Spelling Bee - 2960
(12) The Race - 804
(13) Nevermore - 48209
(14) Lucky Pig - 3810
(15) Hungry Hungry Games - 5601
(16) Family Breakfast - 14978
(17) Lucky at last - 9119
(18) Cat Nouveau - 1991
(19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - 8993
(20) The Little Things - 1996
(21) Dragon Nebula - 1437
(22) Save the Trees - 1523
(23) Mort-vivant - 1196
(24) Bring Back Pluto - 1864
(25) A Warrior’s Drink - 891
(26) Shadowplay - 706
(27) 120 Stars - 958
(91) Top Chief - 699

The approximate DSR, for which I have to thank NPS for grabbing those three weeks ago. So thank her, please!

Daily Sales Rates are for informational purposes only and are not 100% accurate.
1. The Formula For Success - Approx. 70.8 real time DSR; 54.36 Woot-based DSR
2. Leonardo - Approx. 28.05 real time DSR; 21.54 Woot-based DSR
3. Only Memories - Approx. 37.3 real time DSR; 26.98 Woot-based DSR
4. The Tyger - Approx. 29.12 real time DSR; 22.36 Woot-based DSR
5. Casual Friday - Approx. 28.84 real time DSR; 22.14 Woot-based DSR
6. Shhhhhhh - Approx. 24.14 real time DSR; 18.54 Woot-based DSR
7. Celestial Playground - Approx. 58.04 real time DSR; 18.32 Woot-based DSR
8. Artichokey - Approx. 23.58 real time DSR; 18.11 Woot-based DSR
9. Yggdrasil Tree - Approx. 30.78 real time DSR; 17.87 Woot-based DSR
10. The Binge - Approx. 23.72 real time DSR; 18.21 Woot-based DSR
11. Spelling Bee - Approx. 23.29 real time DSR; 15.9 Woot-based DSR
12. The Race - Approx. 68.57 real time DSR; 16.12 Woot-based DSR
13. Nevermore - Approx. 20.93 real time DSR; 16.07 Woot-based DSR
14. Lucky Pig - Approx. 20.42 real time DSR; 15.68 Woot-based DSR
15. Hungry Hungry Games - Approx. 20.14 real time DSR; 15.46 Woot-based DSR
16. Family Breakfast - Approx. 19.49 real time DSR; 14.96 Woot-based DSR
17. Lucky at last - Approx. 17.35 real time DSR; 13.32 Woot-based DSR
18. Cat Nouveau - Approx. 21.4 real time DSR; 12.97 Woot-based DSR
19. 1971-Floppy Diskette - Approx. 17.35 real time DSR; 13.32 Woot-based DSR
20. The Little Things - Approx. 16.6 real time DSR; 12.53 Woot-based DSR
21. Dragon Nebula - Approx. 89.18 real time DSR; 11.87 Woot-based DSR
22. Save the Trees - Approx. 16.75 real time DSR; 11.91 Woot-based DSR
23. Mort-vivant - Approx. 19.25 real time DSR; 10.62 Woot-based DSR
24. Bring Back Pluto - Approx. 18.58 real time DSR; 9.63 Woot-based DSR
25. A Warrior’s Drink - Approx. 13 real time DSR; 6.24 Woot-based DSR
26. Shadowplay - Approx. 14.01 real time DSR; 6.09 Woot-based DSR
27. 120 Stars - Approx. 13.51 real time DSR; 5.14 Woot-based DSR

neuropsychosocial

Sunday AA Update: shirts listed as printing on AA

Always check the sizing chart for EACH shirt before ordering!

Changes from Reckoning 247 to 248: none
Mid-week 248 changes: The Formula for Success (women's sizes) to Anvil from AA; Family Breakfast (men's sizes) to Anvil from AA

- The Formula For Success (men) mid-week 248 change: women's moves from AA to Anvil
- Hungry Hungry Games (kids)
- Lucky Pig (all)
- Artichokey (men, kids)
- The Binge (all)
- Nevermore (men, kids)
- 1971-Floppy Diskette (all)
- Family Breakfast (women, kids) mid-week 248 change: men's moves from AA to Anvil
- The Little Things (men, women)
- Spelling Bee (all)
- Yggdrasil Tree (men, kids)
- Mort-vivant (men)
- Relative Dimensions (all)
- Maybe She Won't Notice (women)
- Not a Snowball's Chance (women)
- Death (women)

Jukebox Hero shirt-sale shirts printing on AA:
- Roots Rock (women, kids)
- Decomposition (kids)
- The Madness Of Miss Stereo (all)
- Noted (kids)
- Clefhanger Remix (women)
- Vinyl Kid (kids)

(updates: FfS&FB 05/11/2011)

neuropsychosocial

Sure, sure, woot installed locks on the door and enabled WPA on their network (password:LeakFrogsbuy3!) and hired those guard monkeys who start screaming whenever we approach, but no matter: we deployed our newest method of getting the skinny on their inventory: telepathy.

A few of your friendly neighborhood t-shirt geeks believe that these are the remaining blanks available in AA. In other words, for future designs that haven't printed yet, these are the manufacturer/color combinations that would be used:
Asphalt - all Anvil
Baby Blue - AA for women and kids, Anvil for men
Black - all Anvil
Brown - AA for kids, Anvil for men and women
Cranberry - all AA
Creme - AA for kids, Anvil for men and women
Grass Green - all Anvil
Kelly Green - all Anvil
Lemon - AA for kids, Anvil for men women
Navy - all Anvil
Olive - all AA
Red - AA for kids, Anvil for men and women
Royal - all Anvil
Silver - AA for women, Anvil for men and kids
Slate - all Anvil (some AA in kids)
White - AA for men and kids, Anvil for women

[Note: previous designs have appeared on Anvil brown in kids' sizes and on Anvil baby blue in women's sizes, but kids' brown and women's baby blue shirts have subsequently printed on AA; men's baby blue shirts have been released this week on both Anvil (Monday) and AA (Wednesday), with an older shirt still listed as printing on AA]

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

Okay, my mind is trying to wrap itself around the fact that Walmazan's "The Race" has less than 1,000 sales, had sold fewer shirts than other designs in the danger zone, but has achieved a high place in the Reckoning?

I love me some Walmazan designs, and I like seeing his stuff in the top twenty. But how is this possible given the numbers? I know that there is some Reckoning magic involving numbers, but as an English Major, my mind tends to wander at the mention of math stuff.

So, in short, can some one explain what is going on? (Preferably in a non-math heavy way? Please?)

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:So, in short, can some one explain what is going on? (Preferably in a non-math heavy way? Please?)

Debut day sales have nothing to do with ranking. Instead, how well it sells afterwards matter. Its debut day was 667, and it was at 804 at the beginning of this period.

Twice in recent times, I purposely bought just after midnight, as it's an extra $1 to Woot, an extra $2 to the artist, and helps a shirt survive the reckoning.

I would've bought one here too, except for ... well, you know. At least he has a print elsewhere so I'll still be able to get my Walmazan fix for the week.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Narfcake wrote:Debut day sales have nothing to do with ranking. Instead, how well it sells afterwards matter. Its debut day was 667, and it was at 804 at the beginning of this period.

Or put another way: For some reason no one bought it at $12 on Saturday, but a TONNE of people bought it for $15 on Sunday and Monday. This resulted in a higher Reckoning number.

I *THINK* (and don't quote me here) Woot sent out a day old "hey look at this shirt" notice, which drove in post day 1 sales.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

scotteik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scotteik

Hey Woot, are about due for a 20% off Shirt.Woot offering? I usually cash in for 3 shirts that I unfortunately pass up on offering day.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

So it won't be a GNUB-aster [watch how you say it ] in the Reckoning this week. And it looks like I'll be able to stay on the fence about Dragon Nebula a little bit longer.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:
In honor of the students, professors, and administrators conducting and preparing for the semiannual Battle of the Final Exams - with special congratulations to the Class of 2012: go forth and prosper, remembering that there is no single path to "prosperity" and no single definition of success. Be kind to yourselves and to others; enjoy the ride; and every once in a while, let your former professors know how you're doing.

And remember, underpants go on the inside.

Interesting how well Walmazan's latest did post-debut. Good for him.

Narfcake

scotteik wrote:Hey Woot, are about due for a 20% off Shirt.Woot offering? I usually cash in for 3 shirts that I unfortunately pass up on offering day.

We had one during the woot-off two weeks ago, so no, we're not due for one yet.

bounty42

Narfcake wrote:We had one during the woot-off two weeks ago, so no, we're not due for one yet.

So when was the last shirt.woot-off that hit the reckoning before that? January right?

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
bounty42 wrote:
I *THINK* (and don't quote me here) Woot sent out a day old "hey look at this shirt" notice, which drove in post day 1 sales.

I did get that notice a day late, but I thought it was my email server being a jerk. That seems like the most valid explanation.

Yeah, so there's that...

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Reckoning waits for no one, and the wheels of t-shirt doom continue rolling ever onward. Take a moment to bask in its macabre majesty; here are the Reckoning standings as of when I copied and pasted this: 

1. The Formula For Success
  2. Leonardo 
  3. Only Memories
  4. The Tyger
  5. Casual Friday
  6. Shhhhhhh
  7. The Race (noob) 
  8. Celestial Playground (noob) 
  9. Yggdrasil Tree
  10. Artichokey
  11. The Binge
  12. Spelling Bee
  13. Nevermore
  14. Lucky Pig
  15. Hungry Hungry Games 
  16. Family Breakfast
  17. Dragon Nebula (noob)
  18. 1971-Floppy Diskette
  19. Lucky at Last 
  20. Cat Nouveau

The Danger Zone

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

Uh oh! An early battle between black cats with clovers. I know which one I'm cheering for, but I am not going to say.

breinschw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breinschw

There should be a warning on the $12 page "new" shirts that state that those purchased on the first day don't count towards the overall rankings. Why is this rule in place?

bounty42

breinschw wrote:There should be a warning on the $12 page "new" shirts that state that those purchased on the first day don't count towards the overall rankings. Why is this rule in place?

I think it's an artifact of the One Day, One Deal model that woot was based on. The Reckoning is a kind of cludge on the side to allow for shirts to sell more than one day, and is itself rather unique in the method.

Also, consider that most shirts have a DSR, or daily sales rate, of between 20 and 100, while even the poorest shirts sell over 200 on day 1. There are at least 3 shirts on the list at present that sold 6000 on day one, and none of them have done that many in the last month combined. Allowing the first day sales to count would weight new shirts dramatically.

And yes, I realize that the current model's only prevention of mass 'cheating' by loading day 2 sales is the $3 price increase.

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester
bounty42 wrote:

...even the poorest shirts sell over 200 on day 1...

No, not always.

neuropsychosocial

bluejester wrote:No, not always.

Well, and let's not forget about the new record holder!

Anvil/AA mix-ups: Any recent experiences with shirts that were supposed to be printed on AA showing up on Anvil? I haven't heard of any in a few weeks...

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
neuropsychosocial wrote:Well, and let's not forget about the new record holder!
(snip)

I still think the write-up contributed: "Once upon a time there was a house that nobody wanted." Um.......

Oh, btw, I loved your new reckoning story!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Thanks to Boot's awesome shirt dominating most of the Reckoning categories right now, I've got "Break My Stride" running through my head. I'll be curious to see how well it does over the rest of the week.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
citizencoyote wrote:Thanks to Boot's awesome shirt dominating most of the Reckoning categories right now, I've got "Break My Stride" running through my head. I'll be curious to see how well it does over the rest of the week.

Oh good, I am not the only one with that song in my head.

bounty42

no narf day 2? I'd better set an Alarm for End of Day today.

Narfcake

Thank to NPS for grabbing the numbers ... again. Late night yesterday, early morning today, and a long day ahead of me ...

These numbers are about 7 hours old:

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+64) to 9583. Approx. 70.11 real time DSR; 56.64 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+40) to 6397. Approx. 28.42 real time DSR; 22.96 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+27) to 2978. Approx. 36.48 real time DSR; 28.13 Woot-based DSR
4 (4) The Tyger - (+22) to 5048. Approx. 28.65 real time DSR; 23.14 Woot-based DSR
5 (5) Casual Friday - (+17) to 5889. Approx. 28.16 real time DSR; 22.75 Woot-based DSR
6 (12) The Race - (+55) to 859. Approx. 61.51 real time DSR; 22.59 Woot-based DSR
7 (7) Celestial Playground - (+21) to 3124. Approx. 47.31 real time DSR; 20.53 Woot-based DSR
8 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+23) to 12167. Approx. 23.96 real time DSR; 19.36 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+23) to 2060. Approx. 29.64 real time DSR; 19.35 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) The Binge - (+29) to 57989. Approx. 23.83 real time DSR; 19.25 Woot-based DSR
11 (8) Artichokey - (+17) to 3660. Approx. 23.16 real time DSR; 18.71 Woot-based DSR
11 (11) Spelling Bee - (+19) to 2979. Approx. 22.82 real time DSR; 16.83 Woot-based DSR
13 (14) Lucky Pig - (+32) to 3842. Approx. 20.82 real time DSR; 16.82 Woot-based DSR
14 (13) Nevermore - (+12) to 48221. Approx. 20.42 real time DSR; 16.5 Woot-based DSR
15 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+12) to 5613. Approx. 19.67 real time DSR; 15.89 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+23) to 15001. Approx. 19.54 real time DSR; 15.79 Woot-based DSR
17 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+24) to 1461. Approx. 53.26 real time DSR; 15.07 Woot-based DSR
18 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+12) to 2003. Approx. 20.32 real time DSR; 13.7 Woot-based DSR
19 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+21) to 9014. Approx. 17.42 real time DSR; 14.07 Woot-based DSR
20 (17) Lucky at last - (+15) to 9134. Approx. 17.15 real time DSR; 13.86 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Little Things - (+15) to 2011. Approx. 16.43 real time DSR; 13.09 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Save the Trees - (+14) to 1537. Approx. 16.47 real time DSR; 12.53 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Mort-vivant - (+12) to 1208. Approx. 18.2 real time DSR; 11.45 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+7) to 1871. Approx. 16.87 real time DSR; 10.15 Woot-based DSR
25 (26) Shadowplay - (+12) to 718. Approx. 13.4 real time DSR; 7.13 Woot-based DSR
26 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+9) to 900. Approx. 12.22 real time DSR; 6.96 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+8) to 966. Approx. 12.11 real time DSR; 5.9 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+39) to 737. Approx. 34.77 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+13) to 1546. Approx. 106.96 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR

neuropsychosocial

wanderbug2 wrote:Oh, btw, I loved your new reckoning story!

Thanks! And I agree with you about the write-up, BTW: I think it influenced my decision not to buy.

Narfcake wrote:Thank to NPS for grabbing the numbers ... again. Late night yesterday, early morning today, and a long day ahead of me ...

Seriously, not a problem. Among other things, I'm on bed rest for a few days, bored out of my skull, and increasingly nocturnal. Deal with your life, get some sleep; I'll plan on grabbing the numbers at midnight and you post whenever you have the chance.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
bounty42 wrote:
And yes, I realize that the current model's only prevention of mass 'cheating' by loading day 2 sales is the $3 price increase.

Realizing that, I'll probably never buy a shirt on debut day again. When I buy a shirt, I do it to support the design (sometimes the artist). And three extra bucks doesn't matter the way that five extra bucks once did.

Yeah, so there's that...

neuropsychosocial

rockymike wrote:Realizing that, I'll probably never buy a shirt on debut day again. When I buy a shirt, I do it to support the design (sometimes the artist). And three extra bucks doesn't matter the way that five extra bucks once did.

I'm thinking of it as $2 to the artist and $1 to buy a vote in the Reckoning.

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm thinking of it as $2 to the artist and $1 to buy a vote in the Reckoning.

Yep, pretty much. As rockymike said, the $3 isn't as big of a deal versus the $5 difference it once was. Not that the $5 ever stopped me from the buying up at regular price either, usually on Mondays.

And once again, a big thanks to NPS who got the numbers last night at midnight. Versus me falling asleep partway through entering them. So here they are, 10 hours late ...

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+125) to 9644. Approx. 68.63 real time DSR; 58.82 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+66) to 6423. Approx. 27.88 real time DSR; 23.89 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+49) to 3000. Approx. 35.03 real time DSR; 29.06 Woot-based DSR
4 (12) The Race - (+75) to 879. Approx. 47.15 real time DSR; 24.94 Woot-based DSR
5 (4) The Tyger - (+48) to 5074. Approx. 28.09 real time DSR; 24.07 Woot-based DSR
6 (7) Celestial Playground - (+51) to 3154. Approx. 40.93 real time DSR; 23.68 Woot-based DSR
7 (5) Casual Friday - (+34) to 5906. Approx. 27.25 real time DSR; 23.36 Woot-based DSR
8 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+53) to 12197. Approx. 23.84 real time DSR; 20.43 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+42) to 2079. Approx. 27.75 real time DSR; 20.58 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) The Binge - (+55) to 58015. Approx. 23.55 real time DSR; 20.18 Woot-based DSR
11 (8) Artichokey - (+34) to 3677. Approx. 22.54 real time DSR; 19.32 Woot-based DSR
12 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+53) to 1490. Approx. 40.61 real time DSR; 18.93 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) Spelling Bee - (+33) to 2993. Approx. 21.76 real time DSR; 17.51 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) Lucky Pig - (+50) to 3860. Approx. 20.38 real time DSR; 17.46 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) Nevermore - (+30) to 48239. Approx. 20 real time DSR; 17.14 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+46) to 15024. Approx. 19.38 real time DSR; 16.61 Woot-based DSR
17 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+28) to 5629. Approx. 19.21 real time DSR; 16.46 Woot-based DSR
18 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+42) to 9035. Approx. 17.29 real time DSR; 14.82 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+24) to 2015. Approx. 19.05 real time DSR; 14.42 Woot-based DSR
20 (17) Lucky at last - (+32) to 9151. Approx. 16.88 real time DSR; 14.46 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Little Things - (+27) to 2023. Approx. 15.96 real time DSR; 13.55 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Save the Trees - (+24) to 1547. Approx. 15.79 real time DSR; 12.98 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Mort-vivant - (+23) to 1219. Approx. 16.86 real time DSR; 12.21 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+21) to 1885. Approx. 15.9 real time DSR; 11.19 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+25) to 916. Approx. 12.12 real time DSR; 8.24 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Shadowplay - (+19) to 725. Approx. 11.87 real time DSR; 7.74 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+13) to 971. Approx. 10.31 real time DSR; 6.38 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+44) to 742. Approx. 17.62 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+70) to 1603. Approx. 46.77 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Relative Dimensions - 4256

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Have you considered putting the spreadsheet into a shared repository like google docs? You could lock the specific columns, leave one open for new data entry. Make it easy to get everything in one spot and reduce the need to retype or C&P, allow more people to help with numbers.

Just a thought. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

The way things are going, this Monday morning is going to be a real yawner.

Narfcake

Mavyn wrote:Have you considered putting the spreadsheet into a shared repository like google docs? ...

It is, actually, and some do have access to it.

The way it's setup, however, I'll probably have to write an instruction book on how to update it. Only 9 out of the 22 columns could actually be locked, 6 of which are the concatenated results. The rest must remain dynamic.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:It is, actually, and some do have access to it.

The way it's setup, however, I'll probably have to write an instruction book on how to update it. Only 9 out of the 22 columns could actually be locked, 6 of which are the concatenated results. The rest must remain dynamic.

ah, good. that makes my IT soul a little happier.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

neuropsychosocial

ApeLad gave us 4256 as the first day sales for "Relative Dimensions." I was 4263 at 12:07AM, and it's up to 4361 at 4:20PM, so I think some wooters may have made a second-day choice on it: yay!

Narfcake wrote:The way it's setup, however, I'll probably have to write an instruction book on how to update it. Only 9 out of the 22 columns could actually be locked, 6 of which are the concatenated results. The rest must remain dynamic.

Narfcake, these numbers are your thing and no one is going to take that away from you - but if you want some help and relief every once in a while, you know it's there.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Narfcake wrote:It is, actually, and some do have access to it.

Reading this statement, I have no choice but to pause and write a quick THANK YOU Narfcake for all the time and hard work you spend posting these numbers.

Narfcake

As of 3 minutes ago ...

1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+176) to 9695. Approx. 69.32 real time DSR; 60.64 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Leonardo - (+88) to 6445. Approx. 28.21 real time DSR; 24.68 Woot-based DSR
3 (3) Only Memories - (+64) to 3015. Approx. 34.91 real time DSR; 29.7 Woot-based DSR
4 (12) The Race - (+85) to 889. Approx. 44.43 real time DSR; 26.12 Woot-based DSR
5 (7) Celestial Playground - (+66) to 3169. Approx. 40.02 real time DSR; 25.26 Woot-based DSR
6 (4) The Tyger - (+60) to 5086. Approx. 28 real time DSR; 24.5 Woot-based DSR
7 (5) Casual Friday - (+48) to 5920. Approx. 27.27 real time DSR; 23.86 Woot-based DSR
8 (6) Shhhhhhh - (+82) to 12226. Approx. 24.53 real time DSR; 21.46 Woot-based DSR
9 (21) Dragon Nebula - (+71) to 1508. Approx. 40.03 real time DSR; 21.33 Woot-based DSR
10 (9) Yggdrasil Tree - (+56) to 2093. Approx. 27.76 real time DSR; 21.48 Woot-based DSR
11 (10) The Binge - (+71) to 58031. Approx. 23.72 real time DSR; 20.75 Woot-based DSR
12 (8) Artichokey - (+48) to 3691. Approx. 22.66 real time DSR; 19.82 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) Spelling Bee - (+47) to 3007. Approx. 21.95 real time DSR; 18.2 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) Lucky Pig - (+71) to 3881. Approx. 20.82 real time DSR; 18.21 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) Nevermore - (+48) to 48257. Approx. 20.33 real time DSR; 17.79 Woot-based DSR
16 (16) Family Breakfast - (+63) to 15041. Approx. 19.68 real time DSR; 17.21 Woot-based DSR
17 (15) Hungry Hungry Games - (+47) to 5648. Approx. 19.59 real time DSR; 17.14 Woot-based DSR
18 (19) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+58) to 9051. Approx. 17.59 real time DSR; 15.39 Woot-based DSR
19 (18) Cat Nouveau - (+33) to 2024. Approx. 19.01 real time DSR; 14.97 Woot-based DSR
20 (17) Lucky at last - (+40) to 9159. Approx. 16.86 real time DSR; 14.75 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Little Things - (+41) to 2037. Approx. 16.22 real time DSR; 14.08 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Save the Trees - (+35) to 1558. Approx. 15.95 real time DSR; 13.47 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Mort-vivant - (+29) to 1225. Approx. 16.64 real time DSR; 12.62 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Bring Back Pluto - (+27) to 1891. Approx. 15.71 real time DSR; 11.63 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) A Warrior’s Drink - (+33) to 924. Approx. 12.34 real time DSR; 8.88 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Shadowplay - (+28) to 734. Approx. 12.26 real time DSR; 8.52 Woot-based DSR
27 (27) 120 Stars - (+13) to 971. Approx. 9.58 real time DSR; 6.38 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Top Chief - (+50) to 748. Approx. 16.69 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Be What You Want - (+110) to 1643. Approx. 55.1 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Relative Dimensions - (+150) to 4406. Approx. 150.52 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Maybe She Won’t Notice - (+0) to 345. Approx. 0 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Narfcake, these numbers are your thing and no one is going to take that away from you - but if you want some help and relief every once in a while, you know it's there.

rglee129 wrote:Reading this statement, I have no choice but to pause and write a quick THANK YOU Narfcake for all the time and hard work you spend posting these numbers.

Thank you, NPS; thank you, Robbie.

Indeed, it's the community here that's making it worth my while to keep at this, long after my original intention of documenting Monday morning mayhem has been diminished. It's being able to see one's favorites stand in a given week, to see different designs duel to their death, and why the shuffling of some shirts on Sunday isn't skepticism, but simply statistics.

neuropsychosocial

Well, gosh-darn, I predicted that Trivial Matters would print today and we'd run out of royal blue women's AA blanks immediately afterward. I was half-right, but not the right half: Formula for Success moved from AA to Anvil in women's sizes only; The Little Things is still listed on AA for men and women.

I'm wondering if "Trivial Matters" will print this weekend and woot pulled the remaining blanks from "Formula for Success" to use in the initial printing of "Trivial Matters." Sales of "Formula for Success" remain quite high and I'm guessing that any "core" shirt-wooter who cares about buying it on AA has already done so. Kevlar/walmazan collabs have always sold well in women's sizes, so it would be logical to reserve the remaining royal blue AA blanks for an initial run of "Trivial Matters."

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:[snip]the shuffling of some shirts on Sunday isn't skepticism, but simply statistics.

Quoted for truth and alliteration.

Narfcake gave me a more detailed tour into his methods. I can't describe how impressed I am. Mind you, a large portion of what I do is research methods, so I have plenty of comparison.

What Narf posts is only the tip of the iceberg: his algorithm is efficient, reproducible, and generating valid data. Each step of the process to gather, analyze, and generate results to post is designed to maximize efficiency and reduce the potential for error. He mentioned earlier today that he thought it would be difficult to train someone else to use it. I respectfully disagree: because Narf has done such an impeccable job designing his system, it can be understood/used by an outsider; combined with reliability and validity, reproducibility is the ultimate goal for a protocol and often the most difficult of the three to obtain. It takes a lot to stun me into speechlessness at this point, but Narf's system is sheer genius.

We still thank Narf occasionally for the numbers and we still appreciate them, but I think we may have underestimated the time, the creativity, and the skill that went into Narf's system. IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
neuropsychosocial wrote:. IMHO, he deserves another round of cheers for inventing and maintaining NarfNumbers - so let's hear it for Narf! Who's with me?

Hoorah for Narf! I love to come and check out the reckoning numbers (almost) every day. So thanks for the hard work and time spent putting them together