Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

now I want to play but I don't have the game with me. darNNN

misterducky

quality posts: 3 Private Messages misterducky

Oh, man. Beautiful. In for one for sure. Typography and my favorite mainstream board game. Yes please.

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

I have a nice collection of shirts to wear on board game night thanks to Woot, and today I bought another!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

mayh658

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mayh658

Colonel Mustard: was an old friend of Mr. Boddy's uncle and a frequent guest at the Tudor Mansion.

Professor Plum: A Professor in Middle Eastern history had many of his archaeological digs funded by Mr. Boddy's uncle.

Miss Scarlett: An aspiring but not very talented actress. Has decided on a career change and is now setting her sights on rich old widowers, which is why she is at Mr.Boddy's dinner party.

Mr. Green: a trickster and conman and again has become acquainted with Mr. Boddy through his uncle, Sir Hugh Black.

Mrs. Peacock: is Miss. Scarlett's mother, a socialite and three time widow, she still dreams of a career on the stage.

Mrs. White: Mr. Boddy's long-term housekeeper and cook.

Source:

http://www.squidoo.com/cluedo-clue-game-characters

kalee11

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kalee11

Anyone who prefers Verdana to Helvetica is as stupid as Mr. Boddy for inviting 6 murderers to his house every weekend.

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

I think it's important for you all to know I am amazing at Clue! I won the last game I played in 2 turns. I'm like the Batman of Clue.

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax

When you start tracking what you know other people know, then you are REALLY playing Clue.

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

What, no Wadsworth the butler? How disappointing.

Statici

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Statici

If there's one thing that's annoyed me about these shirts with several lines of text and nothing else, it's that they can't do the first few with simply commas and then do the last & with an & symbol. I got the minecraft shirt and I don't even wear it because it drives my inner grammar nazzi crazy

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred
Statici wrote:If there's one thing that's annoyed me about these shirts with several lines of text and nothing else, it's that they can't do the first few with simply commas and then do the last & with an & symbol. I got the minecraft shirt and I don't even wear it because it drives my inner grammar nazzi crazy

. . .

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
CasualSax wrote:When you start tracking what you know other people know, then you are REALLY playing Clue.

There are those that don't?

Karzon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Karzon

....but with what, and where?

frostfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frostfox

At first I thought it was a reference to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. But then knew it was Clue.

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap
Statici wrote:If there's one thing that's annoyed me about these shirts with several lines of text and nothing else, it's that they can't do the first few with simply commas and then do the last & with an & symbol. I got the minecraft shirt and I don't even wear it because it drives my inner grammar nazzi crazy

*nazzi*

(I see what you did their.)

Crap

much0gust0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages much0gust0
frostfox wrote:At first I thought it was a reference to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. But then knew it was Clue.

Haha, same here! I started trying to sing it, and thought, "Oh, wait..."

honeybadger12

quality posts: 8 Private Messages honeybadger12

I find these kind of shirts annoying, too. The first time I saw someone wearing it, it was a guy who fit the mold of a typical hipster/coffee shop frequenter who had this obnoxious "punch me in the face" look to him like he wanted everyone to notice him and his stupid shirt. I imagine the names on his shirt were from some sort of pseudo-indie hipster band.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats odysseyroc!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

:whistles innocently:

(Congrats Odysseyroc!)

pinothyj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pinothyj

Should this not be Scarlett&Mustard&White&Green&Peacock&Plum since that is how the game proceeds (Clockwise, starting with Scarlett)?

bradlerdad

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradlerdad

I would totally wear this in the study with the candlestick.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Did anybody guess this?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I'll stick to Clue Jr., thank you very much. Revealing who done it with a red tinted lens is MUCH classier.

wallix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallix
frostfox wrote:At first I thought it was a reference to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. But then knew it was Clue.

...and you were right anyway. This is clearly a mash up of Clue and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Hence all the, "&"'s.

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole

Are you looking for an Oxford comma? They are no longer done, according to our hired grammar I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant.

Other than that...I feel like someone abused their "7" key.

winterowl14222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winterowl14222

This made me think of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. Took me a while to get what the designer meant for it to be.

bradw76

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bradw76
wallix wrote:...and you were right anyway. This is clearly a mash up of Clue and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Hence all the, "&"'s.

Oh THAT's what the joke is! Somehow I missed every other &, and read it as "Plum&White, Mustard&Green, Scarlet&Peacock" and imagined those as couples.

GrammarYahtzee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages GrammarYahtzee

All this just makes me wonder how Ahmed knew whodunit in the lounge?

#eyeofthesparrow

wlroes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wlroes

Flames, flames on the side of my face

sl8763

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sl8763
wlroes wrote:Flames, flames on the side of my face

Breathing, breathless...heaving breaths...

torporific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torporific

I believe the helvetica/ampersand styling is a reference to these types of shirts: http://blog.howdesign.com/just-for-fun/origin-of-helvetica-ampersand-list-t-shirts/

reffu42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reffu42
wallix wrote:...and you were right anyway. This is clearly a mash up of Clue and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Hence all the, "&"'s.

That's the first thing I thought as well. I saw the names and though Clue, saw the colors and the &s and thought Joseph.

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

This is a glorious combination of design and geek.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

cool.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella
sl8763 wrote:Breathing, breathless...heaving breaths...

Where is it?
"What? The body?"
The phone. What body?
"There's no body. Nobody. There's-there's nobody in the study."

coolbana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coolbana

FINALLY! A gaming reference I get!

CoolBana

BSquared6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BSquared6
pinothyj wrote:Should this not be Scarlett&Mustard&White&Green&Peacock&Plum since that is how the game proceeds (Clockwise, starting with Scarlett)?

yes! that would make it just that much better.

collagey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collagey

DOPE, DOPE, DOPE.

sharonjready

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sharonjready

I'm not sure what the artist originally intended, and perhaps it was just meant to be a mashup of the hipster helvetica list shirts and clue, but I too thought of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat so I'm choosing to believe that it was somewhat intended to be mashed into the mashup as well. DON'T BURST MY BUBBLE!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

"Is the FBI in the habit of cleaning up after multiple murder?"

"Yes, why do you think it's run by a man called Hoover?"

Nicely done Oddroc.