quality posts: 1 Private Messages Angelwing

Reference:
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Captain Picard's drink of choice

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM

tesswan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tesswan

It's fantastic that I am watching The Next Gen right at the moment I saw this shirt.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

The perfect companion to A Warrior's Drink! Definitely a must have!

I've been rewatching TNG via the new Blu Ray sets, they did a terrific job remastering the show. Can't believe how old it is already...

Here's a small collection of Captain Picard quotes for your viewing pleasure:

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Great complement to the best show of all time. In for one.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I got depressed at the write-up, but then I realized the last bit was right. As my father showed me Rocky & Bullwinkle, so shall my descendants watch Next Gen and DS9. And they'd better like it.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SilentLegend

Why is this quote suddenly so popular? The show's been around since the late 80's and now the quote catches on?

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
SilentLegend wrote:Why is this quote suddenly so popular? The show's been around since the late 80's and now the quote catches on?

It's always been popular, you're only just noticing.

http://www.idleworm.com/sfi/strek.shtml

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I always wondered why no one produced that glass. It's so simple, just a pyrex beaker and an aluminum ring.

Done and done! ;)

dvelozjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dvelozjr

I've been looking for a shirt like this, but didn't like the designs or prices, I was about to make my own! But this will do just fine.

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat

No American Apparel version? Sorry, you just lost a sale.

TheDesi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheDesi

Kudos. This is the most subtle Star Trek t-shirt I've ever seen. Bravo Number One!

creationation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creationation
skispeakeasy wrote:I always wondered why no one produced that glass. It's so simple, just a pyrex beaker and an aluminum ring.

https://www.fishersci.ca/coupon.do?cid=33857

This is the closest thing that I found.

A good life lived is one live to it's fullest.

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

Proud victim of parents' forced watching. I'm a Trekkie...also...what's wrong with Fawlty Towers, I like Fawlty Towers!

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

Is it really navy blue? It looks like a dark grey or black.

mavery81230

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mavery81230
skispeakeasy wrote:I always wondered why no one produced that glass. It's so simple, just a pyrex beaker and an aluminum ring.

Actually, Bodum makes, or at least made, those cups. A friend gave me a set for Christmas back when TNG was on the air. They even came with little cork coasters. The handle is plastic, that's a plus - an aluminum handle would be uncomfortable when you drank hot tea.

While charming, elegant and an excellent exemplar of the glass maker's art, this is not my favorite tea cup. The balance of the cup really isn't very good and the small finger hole means people, like me, with large fingers won't be pleased by holding the cup.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Prefered to Raktajino everywhere but Deep Space!

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead

Make it so.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Lingwiloke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lingwiloke

I would've jumped on this in a heartbeat, except... "2364 AD"? Science has already standardized "CE". It's stupid, I know, but it would still bug me...
OCD fail, smh.

dpwellman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dpwellman

Oh. Maybe a little disappoint.

Saw the headline in my RSS feed and thought maybe it was for my favorite tea, rather than a T-shirt.

Still, in for one.

What's the point of a signature? Everyone can see who wrote this, over there, to the left.

dpwellman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dpwellman
Lingwiloke wrote:I would've jumped on this in a heartbeat, except... "2364 AD"? Science has already standardized "CE". It's stupid, I know, but it would still bug me...
OCD fail, smh.

That and AD would precede the year, not follow-- to be grammatically (or at least traditionally) correct.

Minor quibble.

What's the point of a signature? Everyone can see who wrote this, over there, to the left.

CyborgBill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CyborgBill

I tried Earl Grey tea once. Didn't care for it. Definitely not my cuppa. Give me a nice cup of Constant Comment. THAT'S a great cup of hot tea.

jmb4989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmb4989

All i thought was
"The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."

mwalling1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwalling1979

No Tea, No Work!

pam5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pam5000

Just started forcing my Number One offspring to watch this week. Appreciate the timing and reassurance that I'm parenting correctly.

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206

Please please offer this on a tri-blend tank. I would buy 3! I just don't look awesome in the t-shirts. But I really really want this design.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

Not too bad, although I prefer Captain Janeway's request for coffee ice cream. Ice cream always beats hot tea...

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Whats the "ended" bit about? I've watched the series... not catching it. I want to be a guardian!

DrunkCat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DrunkCat

Gaaaah. Gregorian date is a deal breaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

Relax.

blarson42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blarson42
amorphousalias wrote:Is it really navy blue? It looks like a dark grey or black.

I totally agree. Was ready to buy until I saw the color. Definitely should be grey or black.

Winona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Winona
blarson42 wrote:I totally agree. Was ready to buy until I saw the color. Definitely should be grey or black.

Damn, the second one I REALLY want. Woot, bring back the made in USA shirts and you will get my business back.

Proud owner of over a dozen woot shirts!

jschaffhauser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jschaffhauser
jmb4989 wrote:All i thought was
"The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."

Haha! I thought of the same thing, but maybe that is because I've never seen Star Trek: TNG, but I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series.

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin

It has nothing to do with anything, but I was stupidly excited to read the Wheel of Time reference in the write-up. When are we going to see some WOT shirts at Woot?!
(As my handle may imply, I am a fan...)

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

[quote postid="5466460" user="computermd82"]The perfect companion to A Warrior's Drink! Definitely a must have!

I've been rewatching TNG via the new Blu Ray sets, they did a terrific job remastering the show. Can't believe how old it is already... ] end of quote

Yeah, Wesley's old enough to be losing HIS hair now, too.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

This will pair quite nicely with my Warrior's Drink

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
redspecial wrote:[quote postid="5466460" user="computermd82"]The perfect companion to A Warrior's Drink!

I could have sworn I read every comment before saying the same thing! Ha, not sure how I missed it ;)

nrthface81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrthface81

This shirt fulfills and old mans fantasy... Not Commander Shelby. Thank you Spicy Hampster!

charroch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charroch

Curious if there's a sizing chart to use with this - I'd like to buy one for my wife.

Also, kudos to a fellow Rochesterian for having shirts up here!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

charroch wrote:Curious if there's a sizing chart to use with this - I'd like to buy one for my wife.

Also, kudos to a fellow Rochesterian for having shirts up here!

You can find the sizing chart here.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.