5%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sparksnpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparksnpa

I would so buy this if it had no words..

dacrete

quality posts: 94 Private Messages dacrete

My favorite this week. I think the words are perfect. I love the look of the letters. A must have

sabru8

quality posts: 52 Private Messages sabru8

I am woot.

lordbowen

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lordbowen

There be a dragon here.

nukeme70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nukeme70

I am Eire, I am Beach

Am I the only one that read it as such?

dacrete

quality posts: 94 Private Messages dacrete
nukeme70 wrote:I am Eire, I am Beach

yes
(i guess you had to be there)

aye512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aye512

I remember the last Woot shirt that someone made mention of TSA trouble with the design and my subsequent detention...

Barzydlo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Barzydlo

I am poverty.

:oP

I am broke.

(Otherwise I'd be in for one.)

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Vote spread of 78. I guess I should watch closely the next two days.

Decent shirt, but I agree with long-distance legibility of the text.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

AZdeadhead

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AZdeadhead

I'm very glad you put the disclaimer in the bio. I'll bet that patrickspens is glad also.

Beware the wrath of the Lucas and Jackson worshipers.

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral

I want to like this. I kind of do. But, the dragon suffers from three-legged syndrome. I stared at it. Struggled with the text. Figured that out, and then heard the judges on Inkmaster in my head (Chris in particular) harping on the dragon's legs.

Well damn! I supposed I've just talked myself out of this one.

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

I am Forbes' richest fictional character...

sharktopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharktopus

I am Ireland?

seamore2001

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seamore2001
nukeme70 wrote:I am Eire, I am Beach

The Eire bit, yeah, but not the Beach.

Nice shirt, I just bought one, but I'd have preferred it with no words at all, and just letting the design stand on its own.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Great shirt, weird movie. Still unsure as to whether I liked it or not.

And what was the deal with the song during the credits?

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

Awesome shirt. Terrible write up. I would suspect that it is for the sole purpose of irritating the fans. But this write up is like a Fox News story. Creating controversy by saying one bold statement, without really backing it up. You spend much more time talking about George Lucas and the Wachowski Brothers than Peter Jackson. Kind of like when election time rolls around, in their slandering of a senatorial candidate, Fox News will often talk more about the President and the Nancy Pelosi than the particular candidate. Woot, you're better than that.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

drew117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew117

Fantastic shirt with so much flames

meanwhile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meanwhile

The only thing more obnoxious than a fanboy nerd is a jaded film school guy. Seriously, those jerks hate everything. The Eiffel Tower is in France. Pears are not the same as bowling balls. In summary, nerds have bad taste and film school guys hate fun.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
dlcarst77 wrote: Woot, you're better than that.

I don't often read write-ups, but when I do, I wonder why I bothered.
The same thought crossed my mind dlcarst77.

That said, I'm happy to see this shirt made it to print.

seanneff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seanneff

I completely agree with the write-up. Jackson is as subtle as using a sledgehammer to crack eggs, the directorial equivalent of the CAPS LOCK key. Someone needs to sit with him in the editing room and every time he wants to add yet another slow-motion reaction shot, bop him on the head with a wiffle bat and say, "Dear god, just stop!"

At first I thought I was just being a cranky LOTR-book nerd, but then I saw his version of King Kong. More dinosaurs! Bigger bugs! Crazier natives! More action sequences! MORE ACTION! I SAID MORE ACTION!! MOOOOOOOORE!!! Until the whole thing just seemed like a series of video-game levels.

If you like his films, hey, go enjoy them. Not me. I'm just hoping he stays away from The Silmarillion.

mccjeff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mccjeff

I'm going to go tthe other way. I would love it without the dragon and just the words.

I am Fire, I am Death.

What?

Maligno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maligno
dlcarst77 wrote:Awesome shirt. Terrible write up. I would suspect that it is for the sole purpose of irritating the fans. But this write up is like a Fox News story. Creating controversy by saying one bold statement, without really backing it up. You spend much more time talking about George Lucas and the Wachowski Brothers than Peter Jackson. Kind of like when election time rolls around, in their slandering of a senatorial candidate, Fox News will often talk more about the President and the Nancy Pelosi than the particular candidate. Woot, you're better than that.

I agree completely. Expressing your ridiculous false critic rants wont help business any. Keep your comments to yourself and close friends. What kind of Romulan would post such a rant, about any subject, expecially on the product page. Whoever you are....be fired for the unprofessionalism. Shouldnt that section be dedicated to the artwork, rather than some Romulans opinion about a couple of directors?

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
Maligno wrote:I agree completely. Expressing your ridiculous false critic rants wont help business any. Keep your comments to yourself and close friends. What kind of Romulan would post such a rant, about any subject, expecially on the product page. Whoever you are....be fired for the unprofessionalism. Shouldnt that section be dedicated to the artwork, rather than some Romulans opinion about a couple of directors?

I'm not sure you see the write up for what it actually is.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
seanneff wrote:I completely agree with the write-up. Jackson is as subtle as using a sledgehammer to crack eggs, the directorial equivalent of the CAPS LOCK key. Someone needs to sit with him in the editing room and every time he wants to add yet another slow-motion reaction shot, bop him on the head with a wiffle bat and say, "Dear god, just stop!"

At first I thought I was just being a cranky LOTR-book nerd, but then I saw his version of King Kong. More dinosaurs! Bigger bugs! Crazier natives! More action sequences! MORE ACTION! I SAID MORE ACTION!! MOOOOOOOORE!!! Until the whole thing just seemed like a series of video-game levels.

If you like his films, hey, go enjoy them. Not me. I'm just hoping he stays away from The Silmarillion.

Yes, yes, and more yes. As impossible as it truly is to capture the depth of any book (a tolkien book above all else) none of these directors have been remotely successful in translating the profound affects of literature onto the big screen. Fun movies? sure. genius beyond general public perceptions? Hell no.

jtoubeaux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtoubeaux
nmchapma wrote:Yes, yes, and more yes. As impossible as it truly is to capture the depth of any book (a tolkien book above all else) none of these directors have been remotely successful in translating the profound affects of literature onto the big screen. Fun movies? sure. genius beyond general public perceptions? Hell no.

Hey along that point what about the massacre of the chronicles of Narnia books? Peter Jackson did do the impossible with the LOTR trilogy, at least for the time. I am sure that the Hobbit translation to film would have been worse had he not stepped in. Maybe he could have saved Narnia from the bowels of "not another badly translated book or book series".

samwise88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samwise88

finally! a cool shirt that isn't black!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

A masterfull illustration, Patrick! This will look amazing printed.

kittykat1912

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittykat1912

I wouldn't try getting past TSA wearing it!

Xupa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xupa

Wow. Making money off someone else's licensed intellectual property AND using it as a platform to bash them. Real real nice.

akikisaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akikisaki

The idea is fine, and I would, I really would (just because I love dragons), but it's a brown shirt... Yuck

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Bought immediately. I am happy.

tjdarge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjdarge

Great looking shirt! In for one.

What is up with TAX?? {Insert rant here}

hobbittron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobbittron

I like the books rendition with him proudly exclaiming his greatness "My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane and my breath death"

jdelvoie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jdelvoie
Xupa wrote:Wow. Making money off someone else's licensed intellectual property AND using it as a platform to bash them. Real real nice.

You DO realize it's not Jackson's IP either, right?

devnin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devnin

Love the design, but I'm not going to wear a brown shirt... would have been a must-buy in black.

Laurface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Laurface

If you make this a poster, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Or a bumper sticker. Or anything but a shirt.
I need no more shirts, but I need this design.
Please please please.

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

If this were a book cover, I'd be flipping through the pages. Classic.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

eed to first woot: 1m 31.665s
First sucker:fiachra
Last wooter to woot:mprcd
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 1374
First day posts 37
Votes 214

unron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unron
dlcarst77 wrote:Awesome shirt. Terrible write up. I would suspect that it is for the sole purpose of irritating the fans. But this write up is like a Fox News story. Creating controversy by saying one bold statement, without really backing it up. You spend much more time talking about George Lucas and the Wachowski Brothers than Peter Jackson. Kind of like when election time rolls around, in their slandering of a senatorial candidate, Fox News will often talk more about the President and the Nancy Pelosi than the particular candidate. Woot, you're better than that.

The write up was a bit harsh to be sure. Honesty is refreshing. Not saying I agree with it or not.

That being said...I have no idea why you pointed out just Fox. All of the major news stations are guilty of this as well. Not just the only conservative one haha.