3%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sabru8

quality posts: 54 Private Messages sabru8

This shirt is a bit wordy, in a good way.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

By mere decimals! ...

Congrats for beating me to the punch, @bluejester.

Bigger congrats to @fishbiscuit! This is my ... 21st design of your's? I really should keep better track ...

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

I won't order one, as much as I admire it.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

It's against the law.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Yay! Congrats Fishy- Glad your hard work payed off!

(HEH- Perfect timing for a teacher too- right before the summer money slump!)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

aoviss wrote:I won't order one, as much as I admire it.

It's against the law.

It's not a flag. It's a shirt.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:By mere decimals! ...

Congrats for beating me to the punch, @bluejester.

Bigger congrats to @fishbiscuit! This is my ... 21st design of your's? I really should keep better track ...

Yup! Grabbed the screenshot myself too because I was half amazed myself at that win.

And big congrats to Fishbiscuit! I was hoping this would take top spot. Extraordinarily well executed and one of the most impressive designs I've seen in a while.

theco2

quality posts: 62 Private Messages theco2
aoviss wrote:I won't order one, as much as I admire it.

It's against the law.

I forgot how many rules there was, regarding the flag, but tgentry is correct. It's not a flag, but merely the stars and stripes.

Congratulations Fishbiscuit!

On another note, I was REALLY hoping American Dream would be printed on AA, as I have never seen a design that is more me. Unfortunately, I'm sure that will never happen, if it even gets printed, at all.

leahfrogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leahfrogs

A very similar design was printed last year on flag day: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-reason-for-the-season

I wore that one last July 4th and I'll wear this one this July 4th. I'll be happy to make buying Declaration of Independence flag-themed shirts a summer tradition.

lordbowen

quality posts: 239 Private Messages lordbowen

Shirt, I salute you!

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92
leahfrogs wrote:A very similar design was printed last year on flag day: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-reason-for-the-season

I wore that one last July 4th and I'll wear this one this July 4th. I'll be happy to make buying Declaration of Independence flag-themed shirts a summer tradition.

Same. Same.

wildflautist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildflautist
willb92 wrote:Same. Same.

I am especially happy to see that at least one of the shirts is made in USA>>> I will be buying 2.. I am seriously sick of seeing made in CHINA stuff here, WOOT!! TY IN Advance..Kind of ironic 1 is made in Honduras considering the subject matter...

Ryballz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryballz

Whoa, American Apparel is back? Since when?

I might actually start checking shirt.woot again.

lydzz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lydzz

I love how soft the AA is, but seriously, I just spent about 10 minutes contemplating the minute differences in the kid and women's chest width charts.

keenerdioa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keenerdioa

I guess the union is only 48 states strong.....

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW
keenerdioa wrote:I guess the union is only 48 states strong.....

When worn on the 4th of July, I'm sure that some ketchup stains will eventually fill in Alaska and Hawaii.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

That's a design full of w.i.n. (and lots of other letters)
Bonus prize, AA print option and a tie in to a public holiday. Congrats Fishbiscuit.

krisren28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krisren28

Congrats!!! Nice work =)

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
theco2 wrote:
On another note, I was REALLY hoping American Dream would be printed on AA, as I have never seen a design that is more me. Unfortunately, I'm sure that will never happen, if it even gets printed, at all.

Seconded. That was my favorite in the derby. (Why am I up at 3:30 in the morning? Gotta love insomnia!)

Congrats, fishbiscuit! Lots of work for you, great design for us.

07/11/14

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Forgot to ask: Since the shirt is $10, how many votes were there???

07/11/14

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yay!!!! So grateful to everyone who voted and supported me on this one. Thanks, friends! Now go get your AA! Three cheers for the red, white, and AA!

Edit: I didn't know AA would be limited stock.

geddygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geddygirl
Ryballz wrote:Whoa, American Apparel is back? Since when?

I might actually start checking shirt.woot again.

Yeah, but almost all the AA men's sizes are already sold out. That's crap.

goodviking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages goodviking

Does anyone know if they got to 1776 votes for the derby?

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Hi- Ak Something's missing.

pfffft!

Jodi1964

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jodi1964

Is this a special price, or have the t-shirts gone back to 10.00.

michaeldeibert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaeldeibert

What the sizes available are few! I would have bought a few but I can't shrink the size of family members! Thanks Woot! Not

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Are you kidding me? The AA blanks are limited? The derby announcement said NOTHING about that.

July 4th is on its way, so we wanted to celebrate with a super-patriotic, USA! USA! USA! Americana-themed derby. Give us your best designs that say America, the 3 winning designs will be printed ON AMERICAN APPAREL BLANKS! And what's more, if we receive more than 1776 voters total, all Derby shirts will sell for $10.

MichaelKarlic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MichaelKarlic

Woot off my you know what. ZERO AA shirts for sale. What a crock. Sick move woot.

jmikell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmikell
theco2 wrote:I forgot how many rules there was, regarding the flag, but tgentry is correct. It's not a flag, but merely the stars and stripes.

OP is probably referring to section 3 starting with "an article of merchandise" and the definition of "flag, standard, colors, or ensign" which follows. I'm not sure because I suspect even a lawyer would have trouble parsing the insanely complex sentences in this section and IANAL. I do see that this section only applies in DC.

Also, given that the Supreme Court has held that flag desecration is protected speech (Texas vs. Johnson, US vs. Eichman), I suspect you could get away with this shirt even in DC.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

If you write the Constitution in the shape of a teacup you will probably sell about a thousand shirts (or however many tea drinkers are left).

[MOD EDIT] Sorry, it was offensive to some.

pfffft!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
MichaelKarlic wrote:Woot off my you know what. ZERO AA shirts for sale. What a crock. Sick move woot.

The shirts printing tomorrow and Sunday should have some AA available as well - check at rollover for a shot, I guess?

(I'm annoyed, too.)

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629
lydzz wrote:I love how soft the AA is, but seriously, I just spent about 10 minutes contemplating the minute differences in the kid and women's chest width charts.

Yea... my husband teases me bc I could get a child's large but I buy woman's small just to feel better about my self.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

All the AA were gone except kids sizes. Seriously Woot, don't tease us like this.

sara567

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sara567

Love the shirt.

Was the AA always running so small? I thought I used to get a women's XL, but 18.75" will barely cover 1 breast, nevermind 2.

Had to get the Anvil...which is more than 4 inches bigger.

There is still a chance that the top part of the appalacian and rocky mountians will be in 3D.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
thumperchick wrote:Are you kidding me? The AA blanks are limited? The derby announcement said NOTHING about that.

agreed, I was about to pull the trigger but now reconsidering

send Wootbot out to pick up more AA blanks for this one please

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

itshardtosayido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itshardtosayido

I was gonna buy this shirt, but it makes Florida look like a stupid little unintentional appendage to the United States.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Edit: I didn't know AA would be limited stock.

I just checked AA; they're out of stock for M3XL, WXL, and K8, but good for all other sizes so it's not completely a RBBG redux. You can still restock, Woot!

viriiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viriiman
Narfcake wrote:

I just checked AA; they're out of stock for M3XL, WXL, and K8, but good for all other sizes so it's not completely a RBBG redux. You can still restock, Woot!

Completely agree. I was ready to order right up until I discovered that they're out of AA shirts in Mens XL. Comon woot, RESTOCK!