pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie
darks1lenc3 wrote:Its says "We don't need ROADS" not ROROS... have you seen the BTTF movies?

I believe you misunderstood him. He's saying the font to him looks like it says roros due to the similarity of the r and a as well as the o and d.

I don't think the issue is as big as he imagines it to be. If I were to wear this shirt, people would recognize it as a BTTF reference and know what it said as a result, the font would have no bearing on what they read as they would see 'we don't need' and know the next word is roads.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
oakenspirit wrote:This is heavy!

Thanks everyone and thanks so much riffmaster18!
My first print!
I wish there were SOME WAY I could relive this moment over and over and over...

That's awesome, I didn't realize it was your first print - great work and congrats!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caramelarrow

Congratulation on your first print, Oakenspirit. I've been following you in the derbies and admire your work. Keep 'em coming!

shojobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shojobe

Great Print!!! I'm going to have to agree with some of the other people in that it would look great as a back print with the Flux logo on the breast.

spleen1666

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spleen1666

I only have one question. What the hell is a gigawatt?

sillykitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillykitten
AMUSIX wrote:So torn...on one hand, I really think the design only works as a back print.

On the other hand, I JUST educated my niece by watching these movies with her (she didn't even know what they were about! kids these days...)

Maybe one day WOOT will see the light and offer it as a hoodie, so the print will be on the back, with just the shaded 'flux' logo on the front breast.

So cut the tag off and wear it backwards!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flattopfrank

Congrats Okie... Bout time you got printed !

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Congrats on a well deserved first print, oakenspirit!

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822
Lassik wrote:Should have worked in opening act as The Pinheads.

I get the Pinheads (Marty's band), but more recognizable: the Buttheads.

plugray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages plugray

I would also be interested in this more as a print on the back concert shirt style.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hill Valley represent. Congrats oakenspirit! First print and it's a good one. :^)

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats on your first print!! Well deserved!:D

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron

congrats , nice print

oakenspirit

quality posts: 59 Private Messages oakenspirit

Wanted to say thanks once more for all the warm well wishes and such.

For fun, I am compiling a setlist of TFA song titles on my NEWLY CRAFTED (!) facebook page. Come on by and share your creativity! Just click the F link below.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 36.114s
First Sucker: LordCanti918
Last Wooter to Woot: taksuo32
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 676

First day sales 676
First day posts 53

awhuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awhuy

Overall this shirt is cool, but i think it's missing some dates and put some in the wrong places... like the third date doesnt make sense... the shirt doesnt factor Doc going to the future first before coming back, nor does the shirt contemplate the trips by oldBiff.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 59 Private Messages oakenspirit
awhuy wrote:Overall this shirt is cool, but i think it's missing some dates and put some in the wrong places... like the third date doesnt make sense... the shirt doesnt factor Doc going to the future first before coming back, nor does the shirt contemplate the trips by oldBiff.

Yeah... I am surprised no one brought that up before... Maybe I should have mentioned this up front. Here was my logic. This is THE BAND. The third date I included because that was the date Marty played with Marvin Barry and the Starlighters at the prom. It seemed appropriate to me to include it since that was an ACTUAL gig in the movie... I left out Biff on principle and just chose not to include the preliminary Doc "garage days".

I knew there would be some B2TF loyalists who would mind, but I wanted the additional repetition of dates and felt required to include Earth Angel and Johnny B Good as a Gig...

Hope you dig it with that in mind!

dyip32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dyip32

I wish this shirt was on the list for the Shirt.woot-off today
...yes, I'm that cheap. $6 is significant enough :D