steelhead3686

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steelhead3686

I hope they will make this in a long sleeve soon.

DuckTales (oooh ooooh)

"Show me potato salad!"

steelhead3686

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steelhead3686

One of my favorite references

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fyE6N4JQt0&feature=player_embedded

"Show me potato salad!"

dwilday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwilday

The shorter TV version of this song, the one we all actually heard the most, was definitely lurks. Too bad that "watch" works better on the shirt.

To the guy who said he's examined the audio and the phenomes clearly indicate.... etc. I call shenanigans on you sir.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
rockxlight wrote:Isn't anyone going to comment on the hilarious write-up for this shirt?

I don't how many people are going to get the reference, but I sure did, and that's damn funny stuff right there.

I agree, this is one of my favorite write-ups thus far

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

According to Sir Ian McKellan, we're all wrong.

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064

I got it just from the D-D-D-Danger....but my first thought after "wow that's awesome" was "wait wasn't it lurks behind you". After thinking back on it I remember that I thought it said lurks but was never actually sure.

Never realized there's so much disagreement on this. We need another version that says

D-D-D-Danger
Watch behind you
(Lurks behind you)

or even with a question mark, haha
D-D-D-Danger
Watch behind you
(Lurks behind you?)

You know what, maybe just have a D-D-D-Danger shirt and leave it at that, maybe with some other very subtle reference on the shirt

gimperdaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimperdaniel
integrar0064 wrote:I got it just from the D-D-D-Danger....but my first thought after "wow that's awesome" was "wait wasn't it lurks behind you". After thinking back on it I remember that I thought it said lurks but was never actually sure.

Never realized there's so much disagreement on this. We need another version that says

D-D-D-Danger
Watch behind you
(Lurks behind you)

or even with a question mark, haha
D-D-D-Danger
Watch behind you
(Lurks behind you?)

You know what, maybe just have a D-D-D-Danger shirt and leave it at that, maybe with some other very subtle reference on the shirt

Not that it matters arguing.. but I just went to spotify, searched for ducktales, and found a ducktales theme song sung by Cluster. Not the offical.. they say "watch"... maybe they also misheard it?

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

Amazingly enough, I watched Ducktales Treasure of the Lost Lamp within the past week... weird...

gregbrendel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gregbrendel

Would buy it if it said Lurks because that's what I always though it was. Even after listening to the TV intro I can't go 100% either way. Oh well.

“The internet is a great way to get on the net.” -- Bob Dole

lilgreymouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilgreymouse

Lyric debate aside, this is a boring design. The shape of the clip-arty sign is placed a bit awkwardly on the the shirt.

Just because a shirt references something cool doesn't mean it is a cool shirt. Some missed opportunity here I think.

EDIT: Found this HQ version of the song on youtube. It's most definitely "watch".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCY9sJzTHtY

Check 1:16

h2olily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2olily
alftuba wrote:Also, how bad is it that when I saw the shirt, I first thought of Electric Six:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc

Hah! Me too! I love that song

Nothing against Ducktales, but I was more excited when I thought it referenced Electric Six.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
CanadianFlyingToad wrote:Thank you Spacesick and Shirt.Woot, just what I needed today, something else to spend money on. If only I could get away with anything less than three shirts...

Too bad you can't get one in red, one in blue, and one in green...

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

You know, I've always thought it said "lurks" as well. And after listening to it on the youtube I was still convinced it said "lurks."

But then I found another version or two with somewhat clearer audio and I am now completely and totally convinced that the lyrics are, in fact, "watch" behind you, said in what sounds like it might be an accent of some sort. The "a" in "watch" is said very similarly to the "ur" in "lurks." But I don't hear an "l" anywhere in there, nor do I hear a definitive "s" at the end. It is totally soft sound, but not an "s" and certainly not "ks."

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

I think what you're all ignoring here is the fact that Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers was clearly the superior show.

mhuggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhuggins

Not only is there no reference to Ducktales (e.g.: silhouette of a character), but the effect of the shirt is ruined by the fact that it says "watch behind you" instead of "lurks behind you", unfortunately.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
h2olily wrote:Nothing against Ducktales, but I was more excited when I thought it referenced Electric Six.

Ha! Only if the image was of an Abraham Lincoln in a banana-hammock holding... I don't think woot can print that.

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer
honeybadger12 wrote:Another shirt on woot that MAYBE 1 out of 4000 people will get.

So you're saying there's a chance...

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

The lyrics are listed correctly as "D-D-D-Danger! Watch behind you".

In the 1990s Disney put out a Disney Afternoon cd which has that extended version of the song, which everyone can hear the word clearly.

I put in my Ducktales DVD, selected the subtitles to English, and Disney also legitimately subtitled it as "Watch". Here's a crappy cell phone picture of me pausing the DVD at that exact moment.

Here's an image of it that I can't seem to format correctly:

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Lurk may be the less correct lyric, but it will always be superior.

renglish02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renglish02

It was weird how many of us heard "lurks" as a kid. I was one of them, and it wasn't until listening to the song on youtube four or five times tonight that I finally heard it as "watch." I bought one this morning, regardless xD

redshoes

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redshoes

Well, no wonder we all heard "lurks" - danger may very well lurk behind you, but it is a physical impossibility to "watch" behind you. By definition, you watch what is in front of you.

ErinJade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ErinJade
jaminbird wrote:I always thought it was D-D-D Danger LURKS behind you.

From this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCY9sJzTHtY) of the full song it sounds like "watch" to me (I don't remember having an opinion on it when I was a kid).

Also, I used to watch the show as a kid yet had NO idea what the reference was (I was going, "Huh, I don't remember Darkwing Duck stuttering... or this line being in the show").

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 45.008s
First Sucker: nhilyer
Last Wooter to Woot: queenbea01
Last Purchase: 8 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 34% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 276

First day sales 276
First day posts 61

gladstonegander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gladstonegander

Maybe it is because I have a Scrooge tattoo on my back and the full song in regular rotation on my iPod, but I recognized the lyrics right away. As a kid I thought it was "D-D-D-D-Danger! What’s behind you?" with the following lyrics explaining that "There’s a stranger out to find you."

Anywho, I created an account here strictly for the purpose of buying this shirt.

astrowolfd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrowolfd

All I know is I remember watch and lurks... but anyway, I knew what this was from the thumbnail. And I was always more of a Darkwing Duck fan ;).

mhuggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhuggins

Yeah, it's definitely "lurks": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXo5haNd9M

dubbeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubbeu

^^ another vote for lurks.
Seems the internet insists the lyrics used "watch". But finding videos that fitted this ran long at 3 minutes. It's NOT the one that was used as the featured intro for the show.
The one the rest of us remembered is only 1 min long and is definately lurks. Skip forward to the 0:31 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA
edit: actual episode with intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhOZ0hgu-A

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
dubbeu wrote:^^ another vote for lurks.
Seems the internet insists the lyrics used "watch". But finding videos that fitted this ran long at 3 minutes. It's NOT the one that was used as the featured intro for the show.
The one the rest of us remembered is only 1 min long and is definately lurks. Skip forward to the 0:31 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA
edit: actual episode with intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhOZ0hgu-A

I'm not disputing what you hear, but it is not the internet insists this information - it is that the creator of the show, Disney states the lyric is "watch".

That would be the equivalent of going up to someone who wrote a song you loved and telling them they're singing it wrong because the lyric is different than what you originally heard.

alleymallycat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alleymallycat

Yeah... totally just watched two versions of the song on Youtube, the original that's 1 minute long, and the remastered one that's like 3 minutes.

It says "watch behind you", folks. It's not lurks. -_-