shellie602

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellie602
leptogenesis wrote:My goodness, wooters can be so spoiled sometimes! First of all, just because you yourself didn't get the joke immediately, doesn't mean Nathan made a bad shirt. Personally, my brain gets pretty foggy when I'm on the internet late at night. Second, maybe some people prefer wearing t-shirts that take you a few seconds to get. I personally find subtle humor much more enjoyable than insta-gags. So please, let's not be so negative about the nice man's shirt that he worked so hard to design. Okay?

Now peace out. I'm gonna go make a nice mutton, lettuce and tomato...

Very well said...enjoy the only thing greater than true love (especially when the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe)

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

It IS a neat idea, but something about the retro pixels crossed with the Mario joke and the overall look just doesn't resonate with me.

If it was an old fighting game style with Inigo vs. Westley at the top of the cliff or something that would be awesome.

anzabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anzabel
sciotosurfer wrote:Gotta be honest, when reading the shirt, my first thought went to Kripke from Big Bang Theory

Me too! But then I lol'ed. Next time, how about a BBT/TPB mashup? Penny as Buttahcwup? Walowitz as Vizzini? Sheldon as...oh. nvm.

timmymac23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmymac23
auctionsaver wrote:In regards to the movie, I watched the commentary again on the bluray the other month. The one on Andre the Giant almost gave me a man tear.

He was so good in this movie. They all were. I hate remakes, but if this one ever gets remade, I would refuse to watch, let alone acknowledge it.

I don't even know they could do a sequel without Andre.

Same for the ending when the grandfather uses the classic line, "As you wish"

I suppose the only suitable replacement for Andre the Giant they could use would be Big Show with a curly wig and chops. Talk about 'big' shoes to fill.

[/comment]

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
timmymac23 wrote:I suppose the only suitable replacement for Andre the Giant they could use would be Big Show with a curly wig and chops. Talk about 'big' shoes to fill.

They'd probably use Danny DeVito and CGI the crap out of him.

erica0926

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erica0926
Orcrist42 wrote:It IS a neat idea, but something about the retro pixels crossed with the Mario joke and the overall look just doesn't resonate with me.

If it was an old fighting game style with Inigo vs. Westley at the top of the cliff or something that would be awesome.

So then make one if you think it will be better

erica0926

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erica0926
leptogenesis wrote:My goodness, wooters can be so spoiled sometimes! First of all, just because you yourself didn't get the joke immediately, doesn't mean Nathan made a bad shirt. Personally, my brain gets pretty foggy when I'm on the internet late at night. Second, maybe some people prefer wearing t-shirts that take you a few seconds to get. I personally find subtle humor much more enjoyable than insta-gags. So please, let's not be so negative about the nice man's shirt that he worked so hard to design. Okay?

Now peace out. I'm gonna go make a nice mutton, lettuce and tomato...

Agreed, I say all the haters put their money where their mouths are and design their own Princess Bride tees. If they think they can do better, than do it! Otherwise, shut up! If ya don't like it, then don't buy it!

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
erica0926 wrote:Agreed, I say all the haters put their money where their mouths are and design their own Princess Bride tees. If they think they can do better, than do it! Otherwise, shut up! If ya don't like it, then don't buy it!

Some would say not buying it is putting their money where their mouth is.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
Reclaimer456 wrote:Some would say not buying it is putting their money where their mouth is.

right on brother.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
erica0926 wrote:Agreed, I say all the haters put their money where their mouths are and design their own Princess Bride tees. If they think they can do better, than do it! Otherwise, shut up! If ya don't like it, then don't buy it!

I may not like the shirt, but that doesn't make me a hater. And it doesn't make my opinion any less worthy than yours. I certainly haven't trashed anyone who has a different opinion than myself. What would you call someone who does that? umm.... let's see.....

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

Got the Princess Bride reference as soon as I read the third word. Is this the final in a trilogy of shirts, Nathan, or will the saga continue?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 4.223s
First Sucker: rednerd
Last Wooter to Woot: coreypolis
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 38% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 43% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 704

First day sales 704
First day posts 50

scuac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scuac

I once watched that movie, couldn't finish it. I cannot figure out what is it that people like about it. Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not.

laughingvergil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laughingvergil
scuac wrote:I once watched that movie, couldn't finish it. I cannot figure out what is it that people like about it. Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not.

It depends on the style of funny you are looking for. The Princess Bride isn't "Roll-on-the-floor laughing because someone got a penguin in the eye" funny, nor is it "Benny Hill chasing a semi-naked old guy" funny. Its not "Coupling" funny either, though that's closer. It's sort of "serious M.A.S.H." funny, but not really.

Is it amusing? I think so, but it is a quiet humor, mixed with a younger style of adventure movie. If that's not what you like, that's fine, just like I don't like a lot of modern "angry insulting" comedy.

L.V.

P.S. I got it the first time I read it, without having the specific videogame reference in my brain. If I had played the game, it might have actually been harder to get.

stephydee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephydee

After a few seconds, I got both the references on this design. I thought it was clever, and considering I like both franchises, I felt it was a nice mix. Some things may not look 100% accurate because they're in a COMBINED reference. Gotta make room for the Mario similarities somehow! :P

In any case, I like the shirt, and I felt it worthy of my $12 on its Woot! day.