bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
firefrenzy53 wrote:I so agree! It's almost an online comic. An Awesome online comic. I hope this isn't the end of Unstealthiest Ninja.

She already does a fabulous webcomic called Bear Nuts (see her sig!) but I think another one about everybodies favorite hapless ninja would be pretty amusing too.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
thumperchick wrote:Unstealthiest Ninja is a dude. A dude with a comically perfect little butt-crack, right below his... belly button? No wonder he can't get his act together!

The woot writeups don't represent the design, the writers just make up their own crazy stories with no input from the artist. So you'd have to ask DOOOOOOOOOMCAT.

To me they look pretty genderless so I wouldn't be surprised if the artist leaves it up to interpretation.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

aaltieri

quality posts: 22 Private Messages aaltieri

Oh woot...why must you put such great designs on such lousy shirts?

Sigh.

As for the animated series, DoOomcat, just start a Kickstarter and tell us how much money we need to throw at it!

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
bluetuba wrote:The woot writeups don't represent the design, the writers just make up their own crazy stories with no input from the artist. So you'd have to ask DOOOOOOOOOMCAT.

To me they look pretty genderless so I wouldn't be surprised if the artist leaves it up to interpretation.

True, but I was directly answering someone who said the original write up referred to UN as a she.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

- I'm beginning to think that random shirt rule could apply to the UN series as well...

- It's like the dragon /knew/ that if that one sat up front, he'd wind up with a ninja hanging from a whisker ._.

- Major appreciation for the cloud style and the falling stars though! :D

- It's a good thing there are no teeny tiny nipples visible because I'd probably have spent a solid 5 extra minutes laughing at them

- ngl, I empathize with that little guy; if I were a real ninja, I would be him >.>

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
safyrejet wrote:How is that ninja still alive?

Well if you were the other side you wouldn't want this ninja dead. He lets you know when the other side is coming...

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce

Are these new shirts really that bad? I've only ordered shirts which were printed on the American Apparel label (the binge, question of weight ratios, etc.) and would love to pick this design up, but not if shrinkage or quality isn't up to par.

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond

Dragon + Doomcat ninjas = : ) to the nth power

riparianprince

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riparianprince

Boy, this brings back memories...getting my first ninjitsu gi at fifteen, but not having enough money for tabi...going on our first ninja slumber party raid to Amber's house...almost escaping the neighbor's notice until his flashlight caught the white of my tube socks over the tops of the only black shoes I owned: a pair of plastic-soled penny loafers. When I yelled "Split up! We'll rendezvous at the clubhouse!" Tristan stayed, and I was the only one who ran...I can still hear the mocking laughter of Amber and her friends. It took many months for the nickname "RonDayVooooo!" to finally die, but my isolation allowed my chosen weapons--throwing star and bullwhip--to become the only friends I needed. Later that year, a few well-placed clues led to Amber and my former "best friend" being discovered by her father,and she was promptly sent to an all-girl's boarding school. A year later, I rode the "Blue Dragon". It was not at all what I or anyone could ever expect. I folded up my gi, threw my shuriken into the Meeting Tree, and hung my whip on their points, where, for all I know, they rust and swing in the lonely wind to this day. And for those versed in the Art, in the third watch of the night, the quarter moon will reveal a single kanji carved into the ancient trunk: HONOR.

There is never a bad time to not want to need something. Except now.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mawy wrote:Am I the only one who wants this entire series in tote and/or poster format?

I'd love to be able to hang the four episodes in poster form. Posters haven't sold well in the past and I'm not sure if it's worth it to woot to print them - I have no idea how expensive they are to make - but maybe they'd consider it. If they were able to capitalize on the excitement over UnNinja4, they might sell a few.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tommytrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommytrex

How many others Googled the GDP of Senegal when they saw Dooomcat's artist bio? ...It's kind of a lot!

thumperchick

GAH! I got one. It better print well, or I will totally flounce.

I just couldn't not have the set, even if UN3 sits in my drawer unworn, all 3 copies they sent. I really hope this one is wearable.

Damnit DoOomcat! Shut up and take my money!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
thumperchick wrote:I really hope this one is wearable.

And not blind?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

Beautiful design, love this.

scrabblefish

quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish

At least the poor guy didn't drop his sword too!

thumperchick

neuropsychosocial wrote:And not blind?

Exactly. The good part about the ninjas being blind - they can't see how badly they were printed.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 18.884s
First Sucker: baybei
Last Wooter to Woot: elpetrie
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 47% of Shirt Woots
Top 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 2995

First day sales 2995
First day posts 55

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
capsfanbryce wrote:Are these new shirts really that bad?

I actually prefer the Anvil shirts.

popemegaforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popemegaforce

Something occurs to me as I see the ninja's pale tummy. If the ninjas are all that pale, what's the likelihood that they're all naked in 'The Unstealthiest Ninja 2"?

ekaylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekaylie

Excuses, excuses. There was probably an understanding person just like you when he got into ninja school in the first place. "Hmm... shows potential." A tougher admissions board is needed!

tsukitensh wrote:
However, as much as I love this series, I do have a critique for this shirt: the other three were excellent because they showed a ninja failing at basic ninja skills (sneaking around, camouflaging, walking on water)... whereas ninjas are not exactly known for riding dragons. I feel like this could reasonable happen to anyone, and lacking the ability to hang on to a dragon doesn't make one a failure as a ninja.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
thumperchick wrote:Unstealthiest Ninja is a dude. A dude with a comically perfect little butt-crack, right below his... belly button? No wonder he can't get his act together!

I had to take another look to see what you're talking about. I think that's just the seam in his pants, not an actual butt crack.

ijimatsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ijimatsu
baybei wrote:I didn't even wait for the image to finish loading, saw the title and the artist and clicked 'buy now'

***ditto***

dskwan23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dskwan23
thumperchick wrote:DoOomcat, another great sequel in the UN story. Thanks for making another great one.

(I want it, so very much. But I can't. Every time I've purchased a shirt since the switch, things just go horribly wrong. But this shirt will be added to my "covet and want" list!)

same here, in addition to the shirts being a terrible fit, for the reprints, all the colors come out different than what is shown and the originals... i'm so sad. i love the ninja series!

dskwan23

thumperchick wrote:GAH! I got one. It better print well, or I will totally flounce.

I just couldn't not have the set, even if UN3 sits in my drawer unworn, all 3 copies they sent. I really hope this one is wearable.

Damnit DoOomcat! Shut up and take my money!

i feel the same way... =( let us know how it goes!

dskwan23

Narfcake wrote:Oh, so this is what Neuro meant regarding "don't look at Woot" last night...

I'm obligated, aren't I?

i love that you have so many of the same ones! i should've done that before they switched the shirts.... =(

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
dooomcat wrote:Just got a chance to check my email now (busy morning with the boys) so happy surprise Thanks for all the ninja love guys, and some great suggestions... a kid's book and a webcomic are right up my alley.

Might need a few hundred thousand in start up money for an animated series though...

I vote Kickstarter, Doomy! ^_^

You'd get enough love from woot to get you to the first couple thousand, and if you start on a walk-cycle with little Kawaii flames coming off of him, you'd probably see at least one or two more...

msgolda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msgolda
mrbarister wrote:I have to buy this shirt for my collection, but there is nothing stealthy about a dragon flying around with a bunch of ninjas on its back to begin with.

I don't know that I have ever seen a dragon flying around with a bunch of ninjas on its back, so maybe it's stealthier than we think...

nderouch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nderouch

I wish I had caught all 4 shirts in the woot off.

Maybe woot would be so kind as to offer a 4 pack of the shirts.

vicky1681

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vicky1681

But I have this collection in zip up hoodies!! I guess I'll just have to get it in a t-shirt until the hoodie becomes available :P

GiftedPlacebo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GiftedPlacebo

Mine arrived yesterday - I own them all. So of course I wore it to work today. But Wiring the Future! woot? What third world country did you get these shirts from? Obviously one that has never used deodorant. By the time I got to work, my deodorant had bleached the shirt to hell. It looks like I have giant bleach-sweat rings in my armpits even though I've been sitting in A/C all day and haven't dripped a drop of sweat. Shirt ruined by basic hygiene in 1 hour. Fail.

prattc2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prattc2

As a martial arts instructor, it is my sworn duty to herd children in white pajamas/belts. These shirts are a godsend--the kids focus so well on the shirt that they forget to misbehave!!

mubarama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mubarama

Woot, pleeeaaase offer the whole series at the discounted price again. I really want this whole series, but I can't make myself pay $18 per shirt. Pretty please?!

Ksteve83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ksteve83
tgentry wrote:I second this. Or an animated series. Get on it Dooomcat!

I totally agree. Could be like the anti-Last Airbender series. This guy just gets everything wrong but still comes out on top. I look forward to more of these. I've just completed the series.

I teach martial arts and the kids always get a kick out of my shirts.