ghostofdavid


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

It's missing Iraq, our 58th state.

Suck it, Trebek.

woottoady


quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

Hey, hey... If this shirt is to "declare your independence", I wanna see a hole where my state is, punctuated by a "Don't Tread On Me" flag.

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Would like to add that I am willing to wait until after July 4 to receive shirt if that means I can place order later today for restocked AA Mens XL blank

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Seriously woot?? You get us all excited about the fact that the Americana themed shirts will be printed on American made shirts from American Apparel, you hype it all over the place with a contest for getting more voters (and thus hopefully more buyers), you tease the artists with the promise of more sales, and you only buy, like, one box of blank shirts?? Seriously?

Someone at woot, please take some marketing/business classes.

Major fail, woot, major fail.

07/11/14

dlcarst77


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
itshardtosayido wrote:I was gonna buy this shirt, but it makes Florida look like a stupid little unintentional appendage to the United States.




Texas is also really fat.


I commend fishbiscuit's commitment to accuracy.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

ruthszp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruthszp
sara567 wrote:
Was the AA always running so small?



Yes. I wear a women's XL in AA and M in Anvil.

EwingKlipspringer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

I thought I was going to see this shirt for sale this morning. Congratulations, Fishbiscuit, on a great design, beautifully executed.


On a side note, since there are changes that are going to be applied to the derby, I would also suggest the following change to every future Shirt.Woot sale--
there should be two "Join the Discussion" buttons:

1) Join the Discussion about the Shirt Design.
2) Complain about the Shirt Blanks.

And maybe, for the annual patriotic-themed Derby, a third discussion:

3) Challenge the Constitutionality of the design.


natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

AA appears to be back in stock and yes I ordered one

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jmikell


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmikell
itshardtosayido wrote:I was gonna buy this shirt, but it makes Florida look like a stupid little unintentional appendage to the United States.



It isn't quite that bad. Maybe slide "TUNES" to the left a bit to get the Keys shape, though. (It's always easier to second-guess than come up with the thing in the first place, though. )

sulakdd


quality posts: 13 Private Messages sulakdd

Maybe Woot was able to restock the AA blanks after learning of the impending firesale after yesterday's firing of AA's CEO. http://online.wsj.com/articles/american-apparel-moves-to-fire-ceo-dov-charney-1403191807

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Of course the only size not available in AA is a ML. Figures. Maybe I can squeeze into a MM if the shoulder seams hold up.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
artulo wrote:Of course the only size not available in AA is a ML. Figures. Maybe I can squeeze into a MM if the shoulder seams hold up.



They're back in stock! Go! Go! Thank you, woot.










sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Fish power! Way to go!

constrictor14


quality posts: 0 Private Messages constrictor14

48 states? Try 47.5 states...

The upper peninsula of Michigan is missing too. Why does everybody forget about that...

sirjonsnow


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirjonsnow

I wish you'd get heavier weight T-shirt options. I love a lot of the designs, but I'm always hesitant because of the tissue-paper material.

MichaelKarlic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MichaelKarlic

Come on woot... more AA in mens large! Do it !

shanesny


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanesny
constrictor14 wrote:48 states? Try 47.5 states...

The upper peninsula of Michigan is missing too. Why does everybody forget about that...



Michigan is a state?!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
fishbiscuit5 wrote:They're back in stock! Go! Go! Thank you, woot.



Oh, and gone again. Guess I'm just too slow.

dragnmama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragnmama

ACK! What just happened?!? While ordering another shirt for my family of four, not only did one in my cart sell out, but now I can only buy 3? Hmmm... Who do I leave out? The first born or the second...? Never mind, another one just sold out! My birthday is July 4th, not cool Woot!

MichaelKarlic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MichaelKarlic

Question for you all. Are the anvil shirts as soft as the AA , or are they rough?

zackeeus


quality posts: 3 Private Messages zackeeus

WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME CRUEL WORLD?!!!

I've been waiting for an American Apparel shirt. And I need some cool gear for July 4. And I love America!

But there is no Men's XL. So sad. So sad. *SNIFF*

glimfeather


quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather

I'm so happy such a great design got printed on AA!!! Thanks Woot for giving us the option of AA! Please do this more in the future!

jtorkilson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtorkilson

Looks like I got lucky at 7:40 AM MT. Time and snagged a AA medium! Looks like the sizes are varying which come in and out of stock.
I just hope at this point the shirt actually gets here in time (I know they said it would, but I'm not believing woot's promises much anymore when it comes to shipping...)

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
fishbiscuit5 wrote:They're back in stock! Go! Go! Thank you, woot.


You can unthank them now ; earlier, it was ML-M3XL and K6/K8 that were out of stock. Now it's MM-M2XL and WM-WXL that's out of stock!

Fix it, Woot!

MichaelKarlic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MichaelKarlic

AA has been restocked... for now!

woottoady


quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

#FAIL.... Kenya is missing!

darnold316


quality posts: 2 Private Messages darnold316
MichaelKarlic wrote:AA has been restocked... for now!



Yep, just got myself a Men's XL.

blue_94_trooper


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
woottoady wrote:#FAIL.... Kenya is missing!



This wouldn't have even been clever 6 yeas ago. Now it's just kind of sadly childish.

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
MichaelKarlic wrote:Question for you all. Are the anvil shirts as soft as the AA , or are they rough?


For someone who's complained here ... lots ... even before the switch ... my personal experience is that they start out soft, but don't remain over time. We're not talking cardboard stiff or anything, but compared to AA, it's not as good. I give these Anvils a 7 and AA a 9.

Shrinkage, OTOH ... horrible. Expect the Anvils to lose 10% in length if you use a dryer; even though I don't, they still shrink! And then there's the neckline; the Anvils start wide and stretch even wider.

Naturally, I bought this on AA. Made in the USA. Pairs well Texas Jeans, also made in the USA.

Krisis86


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

I am confused by numbers. Will these arrive by July 4?

My 6 year old would freaking love this shirt. He would read it all day over and over to himself and maybe I could finally take a nap. For the first time in 6 years. Ah, the American Dream.



MichaelKarlic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MichaelKarlic
Narfcake wrote:For someone who's complained here ... lots ... even before the switch ... my personal experience is that they start out soft, but don't remain over time. We're not talking cardboard stiff or anything, but compared to AA, it's not as good. I give these Anvils a 7 and AA a 9.

Shrinkage, OTOH ... horrible. Expect the Anvils to lose 10% in length if you use a dryer; even though I don't, they still shrink! And then there's the neckline; the Anvils start wide and stretch even wider.

Naturally, I bought this on AA. Made in the USA. Pairs well Texas Jeans, also made in the USA.



Thanks for the reply

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
MichaelKarlic wrote:AA has been restocked... for now!


Rethank them again, Fishie!

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
dragnmama wrote:ACK! What just happened?!? While ordering another shirt for my family of four, not only did one in my cart sell out, but now I can only buy 3? Hmmm... Who do I leave out? The first born or the second...? Never mind, another one just sold out! My birthday is July 4th, not cool Woot!



Try again - it looks like they ordered more blanks ... again.

To buy 4, just create another account with a different email or an Amazon login. It doesn't matter that it'll be the same shipping address or even the same card.

The "limit 3" thing is a carry-over from the early days in which shirts legitimately did sell out (due to production constraints).

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats fishbiscuit!


Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Narfcake wrote:Rethank them again, Fishie!



Hooray! I'm at Philadelphia Comic Con today. Thanks for the updates, Narf!










jmbunkin


quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
blue_94_trooper wrote:This wouldn't have even been clever 6 yeas ago. Now it's just kind of sadly childish.



+1

In for two xl

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

$10 American Apparel woot shirts?!



Big congrats, fb5!

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Krisis86 wrote:I am confused by numbers. Will these arrive by July 4?

My 6 year old would freaking love this shirt. He would read it all day over and over to himself and maybe I could finally take a nap. For the first time in 6 years. Ah, the American Dream.



PROBABLY, but, and especially if you're further away from Dallas, you might want to purchase the $5 overnight shipping to ensure that it does.

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

T-minus 13 hours - I'm predicting a sellout before the day is up. That is, if the limit is still 6,000.

(And feel free to quote me to lock this post in place!)

Congrats again, Fishie!

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Great patriotic design! Congrats Fishbiscuit5!