nutrageous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutrageous
digitalpuppetmaster wrote:Dear Shirt.Woot,

If you start posting more than one Dr. Who shirt per week I will stop shopping here. I'm tired of t-shirt sites being OVERRUN by Dr. miserable meeces.
Thanks!

Can't stop yourself buying DRWHO shirts, can you? Junkie.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
bluetuba wrote:I think it's obvious the two figures represent Chino and Maynard

Passenger

Well- now I HAVE to buy it...

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne
danncer wrote:Shirt.Woot has printed at least 5 TARDIS shirts. One is still in the Top 20, and the other four can be printed to order. My favorite is Relative Dimensions, followed by the classic It Came Out of Nowhere, and I'm thinking about ordering Surfer Who? in a Men's 2XL as a bathing suit cover-up.

Just click on the "all designs" link in the shirtwoot! header above and enter "doctor who" in the search field to find all 10 Doctor Who shirts plus eight others with the word "who" in their titles.

Thanks, but I finally ended up just buying this one -- the night-time appearance was too awesome to pass up ;)

ps: "It Came Out of Nowhere" is definitely my favourite though and my very first Shirt.woot purchase I believe.

mojeda92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojeda92

Would have been much better if it was David Tennant instead of Matt Smith and Captain Jack Harkness hugging the TARDIS as seen in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jt4ceGt4c

Still good nonetheless!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 20.550s
First Sucker: collinvh
Last Wooter to Woot: Quiwi
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 45% of Shirt Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 3344

First day sales 3344
First day posts 83

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
rubysoho wrote:If you don't know who the passenger is, you are not, in fact, "sorely in need of a Tardis shirt".

Sorry.

Well that's just rude. I discovered Dr. Who late, and I only was able to start really watching it less than a year ago. Considering this short amount of time, the fact that I have part-time school, part-time work, part-time volunteering, and would still like to have a social life thank-you-very-much, I don't think I've done too bad catching up. If you would like to continue implying that I'm not a true fan, would you like to see pictures of the TARDIS cake I made two weeks ago?

danncer wrote:Shirt.Woot has printed at least 5 TARDIS shirts. One is still in the Top 20, and the other four can be printed to order. My favorite is Relative Dimensions, followed by the classic It Came Out of Nowhere, and I'm thinking about ordering Surfer Who? in a Men's 2XL as a bathing suit cover-up.

I am quite familiar with the other Who designs; I've just been short on money and therefore wavering on actually buying one. Also, I missed the last daily TARDIS shirt. But when one pops up as a daily sale, I think, hey! $12! That's a great deal! And can buy it without feeling too guilty :P

(...except that, as it turned out, I didn't get my paycheck the day this came out, as I had expected to. So I didn't get it for $12. Sigh.)

noc007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noc007

Seriously hoping this gets here before Saturday. Brand new episode will be on BBCA and we've got friends coming over to celebrate the new season (series for you Brits).

vonmarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vonmarie

Love this shirt. It came in the mail today even better in person. Now please please bring this out on a zip up hoodie

jpang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpang
vonmarie wrote:Love this shirt. It came in the mail today even better in person. Now please please bring this out on a zip up hoodie

It would be awesome on a hoodie, but would it still be as cool if the design was split in half for the zipper? Maybe a pullover hoodie would be better :/

loveistheonlyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loveistheonlyway
Sardinicus wrote:I've been wondering all weekend:

Is the glow-in-the-dark ink really as invisible by day as it appears in these images?

I got mine in the mail yesterday, and the glow-in-the-dark print was only visible if you looked really closely. From a distance of 25 cm or more, the shirt looked exactly as it appears in the image.
However, after I dried it (on high, whoops), it is now more apparent. The g-i-d ink (after drying in my dryer on high) is now apparent even in full sunlight. It turned slighlty off white with a greenish tinge. You can't make out what it is until you turn off the lights, but you can see that there's something on top of the TaRDiS.

tl;dr: YES, but make sure you follow the directions on the tag: tumble dry LOW

tammygodfrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tammygodfrey

That's the silence. The species is a recurring villain in the 5th and 6th series.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart
coldzro wrote:I know the Editor's comments are usually done with a sense of humor, but this time it sounds like maybe it wasn't meant in a joking way. Which is fine. BUT, if the Editor was serious, then I have to respond, because I think I can give the answer to his/her concern... The Editor wrote, "I'm sorry, but I have to challenge the assumption implicit in this concept. If a humanoid merely crouching atop the Tardis would likewise be transported through time, what about the pavement the Tardis is standing on? What about the air surrounding it?"

First off, I agree with your concern. I don't think that would be possible either. Okay, but, here's the thing: this is just a picture of the Tardis... SOMEWHERE. There's nothing to say that it is, at the moment captured here, traveling through the vortex. It could be anywhere. I think you've made the assumption that it's traveling through time in this picture. The picture doesn't imply it, in my opinion. Now, MAYBE the halo of light around it is supposed to be the vortex... I dunno. But to me, it doesn't look so much like the vortex. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it like that. There are any number of things that could more likely cause that kind of light, instead of the vortex. So, if you want an explanation for this "fatal flaw", then I'd have to say... he's not moving through time at all. He could just be hovering in front of a bright light on a foggy night. It could be anything.

And consider this... if it is your sincere belief that a humanoid on top of the Tardis absolutely COULD NOT be transported through time... then certainly he's not moving through time here... BECAUSE... there's a humanoid on top of the Tardis, which is not possible. Right? Therefore, this MUST be some other scenario.

Me, I love this design, and I'm ordering mine right now. :D

Welp... The last episode of Dr Who had the Doctor hitching a ride through a pocket universe by grabbing on to the TARDIS from the outside... So, riding on top is possible, at least through space.

trinitylea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trinitylea
danncer wrote:I'm a huge Whovian, but that unidentified person inside is really bugging me. To me, the figure looks like a court jester, and I don't remember the 11th Doctor ever dressing as one. I'm holding off buying until flyingmouse settles the debate. Other than that figure, I absolutely love the design and clever use of GitD ink.

That is Matt Smiths awesome hair!!!

jimwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimwig

Print more or make it print to order! My oldest grandson wore it Sunday to Dinosaur Station in Secaucus, NJ, and got rave reviews from a large number of staff and visitors alike. I've got 3 more grandchildren.

JuniorBeto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuniorBeto

I'm getting nowhere with the humorously named "support". I ordered this shirt along with another one on November 20. It said on the order page 'will ship Dec. 3'. I received the other shirt but not this one. My order says shipped. Several emails sent to 'support' but I get one reply on Dec. 10, that the page says 'will ship Dec. 11'. Don't know where they see that, but it is December 16, and there is still no shirt, no update to my account, and no reply from 'support'.
Everyone on here is saying what a great shirt it is. Wish I could do the same but I haven't seen it...
...or have I?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

JuniorBeto wrote:I'm getting nowhere with the humorously named "support". I ordered this shirt along with another one on November 20. It said on the order page 'will ship Dec. 3'. I received the other shirt but not this one. My order says shipped. Several emails sent to 'support' but I get one reply on Dec. 10, that the page says 'will ship Dec. 11'. Don't know where they see that, but it is December 16, and there is still no shirt, no update to my account, and no reply from 'support'.
Everyone on here is saying what a great shirt it is. Wish I could do the same but I haven't seen it...
...or have I?

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.