assbutts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages assbutts

The shirt itself - the lower rightmost star is made up solely of "ass" - which I find absolutely funny.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

Oh my goodness. There is quite the tempest brewing in the Flag Day teapot.

First of all, let me personally certify that this shirt was designed by an American with software from an American company on a computer from an American company...

Second, let me guarantee that it is the actual text of the Declaration of Independence. To be utterly sure, I used the text from the National Archives.

In addition, I intended absolutely no disrespect to the flag of the United States. I did not design shirt to be a violation of the flag code, and it is not a violation in my interpretation of the flag code--though some people may interpret it differently. And that's fine. That's one of the reasons this country is so great--that we can strongly, yet civilly, disagree about important or trivial matters--and then flame the hell out of each other on the internet.

Also, I have absolutely no input into where the shirts come from onto which Woot prints the design.

Finally, I would like to thank those of you who voted for the shirt, those of you who have purchased the shirt regardless of the origin of the blanks, and those of you who have complimented both the shirt and me, the humble artist. Thank you.

And now for the shameless plug:
I have a GREAT idea for the next derby. Keep your eyes open for my next shirt.
I'm going to take the entire text of Orwell's 1984 and render it into the shape and color of Edvard Munch's The Scream...

EwingKlipspringer

assbutts wrote:The shirt itself - the lower rightmost star is made up solely of "ass" - which I find absolutely funny.

Assbutts, I did that just for you.

jnadke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jnadke
ricka182 wrote:Right with you. This country used to be strong...now it is just a bunch of love-all liberal d-bags that cry about everything they don't like in order to get their way.

And now you're... crying about it in order to get your way?

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat

Another vote of "No AA version, no sale" With the theme of this shirt, eye poke on YOU WOOT!

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
EwingKlipspringer wrote:

And now for the shameless plug:
I have a GREAT idea for the next derby. Keep your eyes open for my next shirt.
I'm going to take the entire text of Orwell's 1984 and render it into the shape and color of Edvard Munch's The Scream...

Love the idea, hate the fact that it needs to be made. That's something I might even buy on a crappy Anvil shirt.

lordhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordhep

Is it legal to quote the founders? Watching the news I was under the impression that guys like them were "domestic terrorist" and I was afraid quoting them would trigger flags at the NSA.......

I think I might watch a movie at 19:84 hours tonight ;P

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy
sjt2115 wrote:Ahh yes, the old "you have to tolerate my intolerance otherwise you're not really tolerant nanny nanny boo boo!"

Again, you have the right to say and think and write whatever you want. You want to burn the Pride Flag? Buy one and go for it (consistent with local fire codes, of course). Just don't expect anyone to care when you cry about getting negative feedback.

Why is a belief that may be different from your belief stupid? Someone holding an attitude of moral superiority cannot be in possession of an open mind. I am simply pointing out that right is subjective but rights are not.

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
billypuppy wrote:Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You must be trolling. You started attacking people who said completely unrelated things. Since you probably need a reminder:

ChefRAZ wrote:Is this shirt going to stand the test of time? sorry Anvil not a good choice guys.

billypuppy wrote:Wonderful bumper sticker post! I'll bet you also believe in diversity and inclusion. Let's leave YOUR narrow minded opinion of that which can neither be proven or disproved off this site. Some might call you "HYPOCRITE".

You need a better hobby.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I would like to say to all you uptight flag-code clowns that I'm happy we live in a free country and not a military dictatorship so if we want to wear a shirt with a flag on it (or anything else) we can without fear of meatheads tossing us in prison and torturing us. :P

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
dfwhokie wrote:It sucks, because it's on an Anvil blank.

truly. billy boy is mad that we don't like it.

Shaneyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneyboy

+1 for the American Apparel support. I really liked this design too.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
billypuppy wrote: Let's leave YOUR narrow minded opinion of that which can neither be proven or disproved off this site.

Wow! For a newbie, you sure have a lot of opinion of what should and shouldn't be here. Unless, of course, you are not a newbie and for some nefarious reason you changed identities.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I'd like to remind everyone again, as the esteemed madame Thunderthighs already had earlier today, that this thread exists for the purpose of discussing the shirt, not for personal attacks or off-topic arguments. Please be cordial and on-topic in your commentatorings, thank you!

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
EwingKlipspringer wrote:
Also, I have absolutely no input into where the shirts come from onto which Woot prints the design.

Finally, I would like to thank those of you who voted for the shirt, those of you who have purchased the shirt regardless of the origin of the blanks, and those of you who have complimented both the shirt and me, the humble artist. Thank you.

I do like you design very much. However, I am sitting here w/ an Anvil shirt on. I bought it larger for shrinkage, but it is still too small. Well, except for the neck hole. I could fit The Incredible Hulk through the neck hole and still have extra room.
It is also feels a bit scratchy and thin.

With due respect to your nice artwork , that would of been perfect for so many occasions this summer, I will pass.

@woot powers that be : do you see how many wrote on here that they were passing b/c of the crappy blank ?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 14.775s
First Sucker: lex1312
Last Wooter to Woot: sjcoppelltx
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

First day sales 5820
First day posts 134

Highest first day sales since reset last year!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats to EwingKlipspringer for selling an absolute ton of shirts.... oh, and to woot also.

Nothing follows.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

And I am one of the people with many Woot shirts who will not purchase an AA shirt from Woot anymore. The woman's large fits my curves better than AA XL. And there are many reason I do not like AA. This thread should be about the shirt.

Look at the first day sales as I noted above! That is good but the artist gets $2 for each shirt sold now!

Go artists!!!!

ceagee wrote:

With due respect to your nice artwork , that would of been perfect for so many occasions this summer, I will pass.

@woot powers that be : do you see how many wrote on here that they were passing b/c of the crappy blank ?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Just saw this and saw how many sold! amazing!

USA
USA
USA

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
bluetuba wrote:I would like to say to all you uptight flag-code clowns that I'm happy we live in a free country and not a military dictatorship so if we want to wear a shirt with a flag on it (or anything else) we can without fear of meatheads tossing us in prison and torturing us. :P

Thanks for summing up the dearth of reading comprehension, and respect for anything, extant in today's generation of self-righteous narcissistic duhMurikanz. :-(

And, no, the Police State isn't quite that obvious. I won't get into that can of worms here.

For those who didn't read, but also didn't flame-on, The Flag Code is not a "law" with punishments--nor should it be. It is a codified "suggestion" to patriots on how to treat our nation's symbol with respect. "The US Flag should always be allowed to fly free." (it cannot do that printed on a tshirt) You are free to ignore these suggestions. Just as people are free to keep their hats on in church, chomp their food like ravenous cows, or visit WalsMart in the most tasteless garb imaginable.

But in doing so, they are showing themselves to be ignorant and/or disrespectful, and will garner disdain from those of us who still cling to love for our country, republic, and flag... and respect for social mores and good etiquette.

From the looks of the sales numbers, I'd say people these days just don't have good manners any more. C'est la vie. Thanks to the few who spoke up to agree with me. I salute our flag with you as it flies free at full staff! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Nice job on the print and the sales, EwingKlipspringer! Big congrats!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
ckeilah wrote:
But in doing so, they are showing themselves to be ignorant and/or disrespectful, and will garner disdain from those of us who still cling to love for our country, republic, and flag... and respect for social mores and good etiquette.

From the looks of the sales numbers, I'd say people these days just don't have good manners any more.

Awww, poor fella, I'll bet you really miss the "good old days" huh?

HOW DARE THOSE PEOPLE EXPRESS THEIR LOVE OF COUNTRY IN A WAY THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE RULES LAID DOWN IN THE 1920'S!!!

jeffcazier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffcazier
Aracos wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to say if the AA blanks were still being offered as an option, I'd be placing an order. I just don't like the quality of the Anvil tees, so thanks for saving me money again, plus AA would be more fitting for this design.

How do you know this is an Anvil brand tee??
And what the heck is an "AA blank"??
Please explain yourself, for the benefit of the un-initiated here!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jeffcazier wrote:How do you know this is an Anvil brand tee??
And what the heck is an "AA blank"??
Please explain yourself, for the benefit of the un-initiated here!!

Shirt.woot used to use American Apparel (AA) brand blanks for their t-shirts. At the beginning of 2012, they switched to Anvil brand t-shirt blanks.

One can tell which brand blank is being offered by the t-shirt's listed country of manufacture. Anvil t-shirt blanks are made in Honduras or Nicaragua and the AA t-shirt blanks are made in America. There are a lot of dissenting opinions, for many reasons, over which brand of t-shirt is better.

Hope that helps clear up your confusion.

zyrilia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyrilia

I can't wait until this is available on a tote bag...

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says 'go away' in every language.

zyrilia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyrilia

As someone who knows the Flag Code fairly well, I tell you that this is NOT a violation of the Code any more than wearing a American Flag patch on your shoulder is.

The shirt has an image of the flag on it. It is NOT made from the flag (which WOULD be a violation of the Code).

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says 'go away' in every language.

Feeferscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feeferscat

"One of the most powerful written documents of all time"

The Magna Carta?

'Johannis sine Terra regis Angliae 15° Junii anno Domini 1215'

Signatures? I don't believe in them...

krittikae

quality posts: 20 Private Messages krittikae
fklock wrote:RIGHT ON!

It's not a flag, it's a representation of the flag. The code means that you shouldn't take the ACTUAL flag, cut it up, and make a pair of pants. This is a picture of a flag, and as such, is perfectly acceptable.

EwingKlipspringer

The shirt arrived today.
No unboxing video, but I did want to post a picture of the real, live shirt.

You did a great job, Woot. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks!

mooflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooflower

Great design - and I've got quite a few Woot shirts. The only problem is I've been ordering the Men's Medium and they're a great fit. This time, I washed it and now it's only good for a sleep shirt. I had to order a third (I also ordered one for my husband) so that I could have one I can wear out of the house. Standard sizing...it's a good thing.

dizzacow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizzacow

Wish this came in a tank....

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito

I'd totally buy this as a tote. i just have too many tees.

Jodi1964

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jodi1964

I receive my shirt last week. It has a hole in it above the flag. I am so bummed. How good is woot to replace defective t-shirts? Guess I'll find out.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jodi1964 wrote:I receive my shirt last week. It has a hole in it above the flag. I am so bummed. How good is woot to replace defective t-shirts? Guess I'll find out.

I'm so sorry for the problem. Email support@woot.com and they'll take care of you.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

EmmysMom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmmysMom

I have already bought this as a tee shirt,
but I'd really like this as a tote, too.

EwingKlipspringer

I hope everyone who bought a shirt enjoyed wearing it on Independence Day.

I just got back from watching the fireworks in Colonial Williamsburg, and it was a surreal experience actually sighting my own design out in the wild.

Thanks again to everyone who voted, everyone who bought one, and to Woot for doing such a great job with the printing. And a special anonymous thanks to the group of three--the two women with the dogs and the man--whom I spied wearing the shirt on Duke of Gloucester Street.

atfguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atfguy

Welcome back to civilian life.. Stay proud and keep your core values your life.. USAF

Deramedic wrote:I've been a veteran since January. so this will be my first 4th of July since i got out of the Navy. it's also my kids birthday on the 3rd (he's turning two!) ...I'm buying matching sizes for us. It might be cheesy, but I'm proud

txrngr34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txrngr34

I love this shirt's design...Old Glory comprised of the words of our Declaration...ingenius!

However, like others have mentioned, the quality of the shirt itself is very poor. After wearing it once and washing it once, the seam threading is almost 30% gone off the bottom seam of the shirt. Disappointing, to say the least.

It's not like other random designs, this is our flag. The least they could have done is print it on a high quality shirt.

jwrebholz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwrebholz

Every time I wear this shirt I get all kinds of positive comments. Everyone I know loves it and so do I.