Druple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Druple

The UPS Store. After all the hype, I found the nearest brown store in Google Maps, and even called the number. I asked for the least busy times, since it was 11AM Pacific time, and for the nearest cross street. The man on the phone knew I was planning to come in today- 2-11-10! However, when I appeared at the storefront, I discovered that it was months from being open. Since I don't carry a cell phone, the nice manager of Gelsons let me use their phone, where I called the zombie gentleman at the number I had called earlier and he told me all the numbers go to the central office. Obviously he had known he was sending me to a useless destination. Rather than giving this dumb zombie the pleasure of my anger, I calmly told him I was going to the Post Office; and the entire errand took less than half the time I wasted looking for Brown! I usually recommend USPS because of lower cost, but if this is what Brown can do for me, I see that The United States Postal Service may have better customer service also!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Druple wrote:The UPS Store. After all the hype, I found the nearest brown store in Google Maps, and even called the number. I asked for the least busy times, since it was 11AM Pacific time, and for the nearest cross street. The man on the phone knew I was planning to come in today- 2-11-10! However, when I appeared at the storefront, I discovered that it was months from being open. Since I don't carry a cell phone, the nice manager of Gelsons let me use their phone, where I called the zombie gentleman at the number I had called earlier and he told me all the numbers go to the central office. Obviously he had known he was sending me to a useless destination. Rather than giving this dumb zombie the pleasure of my anger, I calmly told him I was going to the Post Office; and the entire errand took less than half the time I wasted looking for Brown! I usually recommend USPS because of lower cost, but if this is what Brown can do for me, I see that The United States Postal Service may have better customer service also!!

I think I'd be calling a supervisor or writing to someone higher up.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Those sticky round wafers they're putting on small catalogs and advertising to keep the pages together in the mail. They gum up my letter opener.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

insomnia. and that annoying tickle at the back of the throat that makes me cough every 2-4 minutes. wait. those two together.

eaglerock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eaglerock

I hate to go shopping with my wife "or women in general"

1nthistogether

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1nthistogether

i hate television remote in others hand. that would be the one that can really annoy others like anything...i wonder how it feels the same for everyone...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Misuse of the word "interface."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

I dislike it when someone says they love me and they don't.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Raining wrote:I dislike it when someone says they love me and they don't.

((HUGS))

1nthistogether

I think being alone is harder and i just hate it. It's just a sad place to be sometimes, no matter how full your life may be. There are days when I'm really glad that I don't have to think about another person, but that's a double edged sword. No one is thinking about me either.

PemberDucky

Staff

1nthistogether wrote:I think being alone is harder and i just hate it. It's just a sad place to be sometimes, no matter how full your life may be. There are days when I'm really glad that I don't have to think about another person, but that's a double edged sword. No one is thinking about me either.

Is it creepy if I tell you that I think about you all the time?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
PemberDucky wrote:Is it creepy if I tell you that I think about you all the time?

When doing so, are you in the shower?

Or outside the window?

Hate it when people think they're being clever by rewording a question to ask the same thing in the expectation of getting a different answer.

Passive aggressive malarky.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

1nthistogether

PemberDucky wrote:Is it creepy if I tell you that I think about you all the time?

i didn't mean that... i said thats better no to be alone. why are you asking such a question?? i don't get it!!if no one is thinking of me why i gonna worry about them?

PemberDucky

Staff

When people quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Late to the party, guys!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
PemberDucky wrote:Late to the party, guys!

Ummm, what movie was that from?

PemberDucky

Staff

That I say "Dalight Savings" even though I KNOW it's not plural.

PemberDucky

Staff

When people say, "Here's the bottom line..."

Mavyn

The failure of the scientific community to create a working, commercially viable transporter.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
Mavyn wrote:The failure of the scientific community to create a working, commercially viable transporter.

Same here! We need to sort out our priorities!

Beware the V'owls screech!

Mavyn

Discovering someone has been lying to a friend. Do you tell the friend, and accept the 'shoot the messenger' syndrome? I have access to information they don't, which is how the lie was discovered...Gah. Why did I even look?!??

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Discovering someone has been lying to a friend. Do you tell the friend, and accept the 'shoot the messenger' syndrome? I have access to information they don't, which is how the lie was discovered...Gah. Why did I even look?!??

Can you let the liar know you know?

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Discovering someone has been lying to a friend. Do you tell the friend, and accept the 'shoot the messenger' syndrome? I have access to information they don't, which is how the lie was discovered...Gah. Why did I even look?!??

Is the friend being hurt by the lie and it needs to stop right now? Tell the friend. If not I'd confront the liar first, and give them a timeline to come clean.

Mavyn

The person lying is not a friend and will not respond to me. And it's not something easily remedied, but it is hurtful. :/ And maybe they're not lying, it's just bad timing? I don't know.

The problem is I didn't look with the intent of 'catching' a lie, I was really just being nosy...not the best of explanations.

Sigh. I told my friend what I found, apologized for being nosy, and will just deal with the consequences.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:The person lying is not a friend and will not respond to me. And it's not something easily remedied, but it is hurtful. :/ And maybe they're not lying, it's just bad timing? I don't know.

The problem is I didn't look with the intent of 'catching' a lie, I was really just being nosy...not the best of explanations.

Sigh. I told my friend what I found, apologized for being nosy, and will just deal with the consequences.

Let us know, we might be in the same spot sometime.

PemberDucky

Staff

Mavyn wrote:The person lying is not a friend and will not respond to me. And it's not something easily remedied, but it is hurtful. :/ And maybe they're not lying, it's just bad timing? I don't know.

I think it's good that you told your friend. For one thing, that's what friends do: protect them from harm.
For another thing, what if it somehow came to pass that your friend discovered that you know whatever it is that you know, and was thus hurt that you didn't tell him or her that you already found out what you know? That would suck. You know?
The nosy thing? Hey, you owned up to it. And with the Intertubes and mobile communication devices and the flying cars, it's hard not to be nosy these days.

Just to stay on topic, you know what I really hate? Fluorescent lighting.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
PemberDucky wrote:

Just to stay on topic, you know what I really hate? Fluorescent lighting.

I know, you just can't beat the glow of a good old fashion whale oil lamp!

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:I know, you just can't beat the glow of a good old fashion whale oil lamp!

Anything with a better flicker rate than than a florescent light is good with me. Florescent lights (especially the cheap ones) give me migraines.

Smoothesuede

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Smoothesuede

I hate that nerd culture isn't socially accepted yet.

I have a few action figures of my favorite comic book characters on my desk at work. They are off in a corner and you need to be in my cubicle to notice them. I get told they are an eyesore and I need to get rid of them.
The guy across the hall from me has 100 giant, gleaming, makes-you-blind-from-the-glare gold sports trophies and he gets congratulated.

It bugs me. It really does.

Mavyn

People presuming that if they didn't know about something, it never existed.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
Smoothesuede wrote:I hate that nerd culture isn't socially accepted yet.

I have a few action figures of my favorite comic book characters on my desk at work. They are off in a corner and you need to be in my cubicle to notice them. I get told they are an eyesore and I need to get rid of them.
The guy across the hall from me has 100 giant, gleaming, makes-you-blind-from-the-glare gold sports trophies and he gets congratulated.

It bugs me. It really does.

Well, once you hack into his Fantasy Football profile and change all of his starters to WOW characters, humiliate him in a D-cell light saber duel and finally, write a virus that will lock all of the office PCs while running continuous loops of Keyboard Cat -- only then will they start to accept and respect nerd culture.

Mavyn

It seems that the only time coworkers bring in snacks to share are on the days I bring in a healthy snack with a short shelf life, such as a banana that's almost too ripe.

The days I forget to bring anything, so does everyone else.

gwenyvarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwenyvarr

People assuming I know information about specific items that I've never seen or worked on.

Supervisors who aren't fair to other employees and single them out just because they are doing their job, and choosing favorites because they complain about said employee.

GHOSTRIDERS in the Sky!!!

KtCallista

mwiseman wrote:Well, once you hack into his Fantasy Football profile and change all of his starters to WOW characters, humiliate him in a D-cell light saber duel and finally, write a virus that will lock all of the office PCs while running continuous loops of Keyboard Cat -- only then will they start to accept and respect nerd culture.

//sigh, we have to do all that!

To original poster: You know the only reason your co-worker has those trophies in his cube is because his significant other is sick of them needing to be polished at the house.

Smoothesuede

KtCallista wrote:
To original poster: You know the only reason your co-worker has those trophies in his cube is because his significant other is sick of them needing to be polished at the house.

Haha. Well played.
One of these days I'll think of something passive aggressive to play off of that.
Today I'm too tired.

KtCallista

Smoothesuede wrote:Haha. Well played.
One of these days I'll think of something passive aggressive to play off of that.
Today I'm too tired.

Us geeks need to work together!

Smoothesuede

On another note: thing I hate #2!

Tacky, overused office humor.
When you hear the line "I KEEL YOU!!" past a certain number of times a day, or if you get one too many Maxine email forwards (Maxine is the cartoon/comic grumpy old lady Hallmark loves) then pretty soon you realize how close you are to recreating the movie Falling Down.

pooflady

I hate it when I buy those darn pop-up Post-it notes by mistake instead of the regular ones.

KtCallista

I hate it when I need a pen and all I can find are cheap fine (or extra fine) point ball point pens and I can never get them to work without pressing extra hard and holding the pen at an oddly upright angle.

bjanele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjanele

i hate it when i plan a 17-day trip to italy and have been looking foward to it for months, and then iceland starts spewing volcanic ash...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bjanele wrote:i hate it when i plan a 17-day trip to italy and have been looking foward to it for months, and then iceland starts spewing volcanic ash...

OUCH!
Better to be home, than be stuck in Italy.
Unless you are retired, or have a ton of time off.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.