+ Add a Comment

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Since some of you just can't talk about football...

This has been one of the weirdest college football seasons ever.

Games are close and people are losing to teams that they shouldn't

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

FP

Still single, can't imagine why.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

By the end of October it will change again.
I think all sports are weird and unpredictable.
The point spread drives Vegas crazy.
I am glad Texas won, they were the better team and your team and
it was important to you.If it is important to you, it is important to me.

cruzer

who's watching what?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:who's watching what?

Got the Dedskins and Dullphins here . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
cruzer wrote:who's watching what?

Pittsburgh - Cleveland.
Not pretty.

cruzer

I got titans and Jags

good game

AZGman

This game looks like a pre-season game . . . sloppy ugly messy . . .

AZGman

overtime . . . joy

cruzer

AZGman wrote:overtime . . . joy

I have a feeling the pack and eggles will be the same

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

When the Texans' Kalu sacked KC's Huard, it looked like it would make a great "I can has cheeseburger" picture. Kalu leaped up in front of Huard with both arms stretched up in the air and pounced on him just like a cat in attack mode! It was great!

AZGman

'Skins win in OT 16-13 . . .

AZGman

zea3 wrote:When the Texans' Kalu sacked KC's Huard, it looked like it would make a great "I can has cheeseburger" picture. Kalu leaped up in front of Huard with both arms stretched up in the air and pounced on him just like a cat in attack mode! It was great!

I can has quarterback??

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
AZGman wrote:I can has quarterback??

That is what we were thinking! It is a great sack. If it makes the highlight reel you will see what I mean.

cruzer

Grossman still sucks.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:Grossman still sucks.

Yup

AZGman

Chargers are beginning to look assertive . . .

AZGman

Holy cow!! Detroit is gonna beat Oakland!!!

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

Romo did pretty well, but he's still got a long way to go to redeem himself for flubbing that hold last year.

BrotherJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherJ
acemom wrote:Pittsburgh - Cleveland.
Not pretty.

Go 'burgh! Can't say that out loud here in the Cleveland area; people get lynched for that.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

NeoLuddite

BrotherJ wrote:Go 'burgh! Can't say that out loud here in the Cleveland area; people get lynched for that.

Say it loud, say it proud.
There are Steeler fans everywhere.
Hope they can continue the trend.

BrotherJ

NeoLuddite wrote:Say it loud, say it proud.
There are Steeler fans everywhere.
Hope they can continue the trend.

In the closet is best in this area. They look at me cross-eyed when I wear a piece of Penguins apparel, but they let it slide since the closest NHL team is Columbus. I have been to the stadium for that game in the past and cars with PA plates or Steeler's decals are normally vandalized. The Brown's fans are over the top in their support of the team.

In talking with a friend who is a social worker the other day, she mentioned that the Cleveland police force has to ramp up for domestic violence calls on days when the Browns are projected to lose. It appears that the menfolk like to take out their frustrations on their wives/girl friends.

NeoLuddite

BrotherJ wrote:In the closet is best in this area. They look at me cross-eyed when I wear a piece of Penguins apparel, but they let it slide since the closest NHL team is Columbus. I have been to the stadium for that game in the past and cars with PA plates or Steeler's decals are normally vandalized. The Brown's fans are over the top in their support of the team.

In talking with a friend who is a social worker the other day, she mentioned that the Cleveland police force has to ramp up for domestic violence calls on days when the Browns are projected to lose. It appears that the menfolk like to take out their frustrations on their wives/girl friends.

They should probably recruit some more manpower, based on today's game.
Where are you from in PA?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
BrotherJ wrote:In the closet is best in this area. They look at me cross-eyed when I wear a piece of Penguins apparel, but they let it slide since the closest NHL team is Columbus. I have been to the stadium for that game in the past and cars with PA plates or Steeler's decals are normally vandalized. The Brown's fans are over the top in their support of the team.

hmm, they just might be worse than the banana slugs' fans...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

BrotherJ

NeoLuddite wrote:They should probably recruit some more manpower, based on today's game.
Where are you from in PA?

the Altoona area. Then State College and Harrisburg before the Akron/Cleveland area.

You sound like you also have an interest in the 'burgh. From the area as well?

BrotherJ

jqubed wrote:hmm, they just might be worse than the banna slugs fans...

I had to google that reference. UC Santa Cruz is the fighting Banana Slugs? I am holding back laughter to keep from waking up the family. What was going through their minds! Never mind...LSD.

Are you being sarcastic, or is their fan base less than pleasant?

NeoLuddite

BrotherJ wrote:the Altoona area. Then State College and Harrisburg before the Akron/Cleveland area.

You sound like you also have an interest in the 'burgh. From the area as well?

Born in Penn Hills.
Grew up in the mountains near Seven Springs.
Went to high school near tall4 and pooflady.

jqubed

BrotherJ wrote:I had to google that reference. UC Santa Cruz is the fighting Banana Slugs? I am holding back laughter to keep from waking up the family. What was going through their minds! Never mind...LSD.

actually i was referring to the buffalo sabres... their new logo looks more like a banana slug than a buffalo, so that's what we call them in derision... when they came down here and bought up the tickets to the Eastern Conference Finals, they were the most uncouth louts we'd ever seen... picking fights, even among their own fans... and i heard the RBC Center actually ran out of draft beer for the first home game... the upper level was all buffalo fans, and whenever any of their fellow fans entered the section before the game started, they cheered like the team had just come up to say hi... i was so glad they lost the game i went to...

but getting back to football, go Panthers! ...and let's not talk about my college teams, except for Oregon...

Skye — 1997-2007

BrotherJ

jqubed wrote:actually i was referring to the buffalo sabres... their new logo looks more like a banana slug than a buffalo

but getting back to football, go Panthers! ...and let's not talk about my college teams, except for Oregon...

Ahhh....Yes it does at that. The Ducks had me laughing all day long yesterday.

What would make next Saturday even better would be if Michigan and Notre Dame both lost by some fluke of the universe. Guess that won't happen.

jqubed

BrotherJ wrote:Ahhh....Yes it does at that. The Ducks had me laughing all day long yesterday.

What would make next Saturday even better would be if Michigan and Notre Dame both lost by some fluke of the universe. Guess that won't happen.

much as i like seeing notre dame lose, i'd almost rather see michigan keep the streak "alive"!

anyway, i'm heading to bed

Skye — 1997-2007

BrotherJ

NeoLuddite wrote:Born in Penn Hills.
Grew up in the mountains near Seven Springs.
Went to high school near tall4 and pooflady.

We had a cabin near Seven Springs and I used to go skiing there all of the time...there and Blue Knob.

BrotherJ

jqubed wrote:much as i like seeing notre dame lose, i'd almost rather see michigan keep the streak "alive"!

night. break a leg at the interview today.

NeoLuddite

BrotherJ wrote:We had a cabin near Seven Springs and I used to go skiing there all of the time...there and Blue Knob.

PM, BrotherJ.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
jqubed wrote:much as i like seeing notre dame lose, i'd almost rather see michigan keep the streak "alive"!

Holy crap..... I KNEW I loved you, J!!
Keep it up, Michigan!
And......remember, you rock the house, J3.
Let us know, please.

Raining

The Cowboys opened the Wade Phillips era with a 45-35 win Sunday against the New York Giants at Texas Stadium. The Cowboys are 1-0 for only the second time this century because when it was time to make plays, they made them, especially on offense...

cruzer

Raining wrote:The Cowboys opened the Wade Phillips era with a 45-35 win Sunday against the New York Giants at Texas Stadium. The Cowboys are 1-0 for only the second time this century because when it was time to make plays, they made them, especially on offense...

neither defense looked so hot in this game.

Raining

cruzer wrote:neither defense looked so hot in this game.

I think TO caught two passes and made two td, not sure, he did have his earrings on though. I am sure that helped..

cruzer

Raining wrote:I think TO caught two passes and made two td, not sure, he did have his earrings on though. I am sure that helped..

3 passes for ~87 yards, 2 for TD's.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

No one's watching Monday Night Football?

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
pooflady wrote:No one's watching Monday Night Football?

I am!!!

I'm just posting during commercials and in between plays.

We're winning.