Odinie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Odinie
Gatzby wrote:As always, if you do/don't like something, give us a reason. Just saying, "This sucks," or, "Best shirt ever!" is pretty boring to read, not to mention it doesn't tell us why. Don't like the art style? Hate the color? Love the placement, originality, or the artist? Tell us!



Got it, thanks! Next time I will offer constructive criticism.

I dont like this shirt because of the color, and the theme, and the illustration style. Looks like a 12 year old did it. And it blows.

ozzyzak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozzyzak

I like pretty much everything but the theme. Not really sure who they are targeting with this shirt.

w00tkiller


quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00tkiller

i hate this t-shirt because:

1) the girls on it look like they came from the 80s in a delorean
2) cartoon design on orange no thx
3) the design is extremely childish
4) it's not witty/clever, mildly interesting, or remotely wearable
5) i can find better looking t-shirts at ross
6) calvinball is freaking a million times better than this design. and i didn't even know what calvinball was.

shaneberto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaneberto

bad color shirt, lame design, the description tells a story& sets a mood but the shirt doesn't really convey anything. it's horrid.

jollyrodger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jollyrodger

I do not like this shirt because of the color. I usually buy the woot t-shirts with neutral colors, so even if the design sucks you can still wear them as undershirts. Therefore, woot please make more neutral color shirts! Can I get an AMEN ?!

Kagemucha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kagemucha

I don't understand what this shirt is even trying to depict.. o.o

nocturnal9


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocturnal9

This shirt looks like a private joke between the artist and I really have no idea?

zipz0p


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zipz0p
Takkun wrote:This is so bad it becomes so good that it's bad again.



Word.

spaceranger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceranger

I don't know. Maybe I sort of understand this shirt (maybe). I think I might be interested in it if I had been a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s (?), and if I didn't mind wearing very bright colors, and if the one girl didn't look like she was flipping us off. But, I was seven years old or so in the early 80s (and so have very different memories of my own personal "Skatetown"), I'm not big into wearing really bright colors, and it does look like that girl is flipping us all off (which I'm guessing wasn't intentional).

magilacudy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages magilacudy

Did anyone else read the shirt as "Skat Town"?

Either way the color scheme wouldn't change.

andrewtl


quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

lame. just got a bunch of woot shirts including the one with the snake eating itself and I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the quality of the silkscreening/printing. Wow, I just realized that my obsession with shirt.woot is over.

I'm happy to be free!

pfffft!

friedmoose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages friedmoose

Calvinball...?
oh, sorry...wrong day
i actually like the retro-ness of the skatetown shirt and can't understand the big anti-skatetown blitz. skatetown is cool. me have more money and me buy one, but alas, no
'night all

vintageyear53


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vintageyear53
qwerty79 wrote:If I saw someone wearing this, I'd almost pee on my pants. this has got to be a joke design concept.



I think I will buy this shirt just to see you almost pee your pants, who knows, you might take a dump in your pants instead, then again, maybe you will do both, but I will still buy one even if you dont.

cdemay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdemay
Is that chick flippin' me off?!?!!?



That was my first thought... obscene! ;)

sheila01801


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheila01801
lukekim91 wrote:Why are they selling walmart shirts?
its not even witty or funny. the orange reminds me of an orange. oranges are delicious, but not on my shirts.

wait that didn't make sense.




And neither does this shirt.

  1. 11-26-07 "Crappy Shirt"
  2. 04-11-08 Love of Money Shirt
  3. 05-27-08 Random Shirt
  4. 06-03-08 Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players (2 for Tues)
  5. 6-13-08 It's going out faster than coming in shirt.
  6. 7-21-08 Happy Birthday, Shirt Woot tee.
  7. 7-30-08 Mighty Kite Mini Kite
  8. 8-30-08 Hungry Bento
  9. 9-02-08 Random Woot Tee (Perpetual Emotion)
  10. 10-03-08 Donut Panic! shirt
  11. 10-16-08 Random Shirt
  12. 10-23-08 Screaming Money (orange cape)

dvh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvh
spaceranger wrote:I think I might be interested in it if I had been a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s .



Well, I WAS a teenager in the late 70's/early 80's, and seeing "skatetown" put a smile on my face, just for a moment. We were so cool wearing our concert jerseys and Levi's 501's, with green eyemakeup and black mascara, puffing away on Marlboros. A vision of adolescent attitude-on-wheels!

But I just can't see wearing it - too orange, too much cleavage (highlighting my own lack thereof). And as a mom I'm not about to wear (or buy for my kids) what looks like someone flipping the bird. I'm guessing this one's not aimed at the over-40 mom demographic anyway! I was, however, hoping to buy Calvinball shirts for the whole family over the weekend, and will keep checking to see if it turns up one of these days.

zendriver


quality posts: 3 Private Messages zendriver
Gatzby wrote:As always, if you do/don't like something, give us a reason. Just saying, "This sucks," or, "Best shirt ever!" is pretty boring to read, not to mention it doesn't tell us why. Don't like the art style? Hate the color? Love the placement, originality, or the artist? Tell us!



For most of the shirts I haven't liked, the reasons were a) The design wasn't funny, b) the design was too abstract, c) I wasn't "in" on the theme/joke, or d) the color wasn't "my style". However, I've kept my comments to myself because I readily understand that I won't always like or "get" the shirt of the day, and accept that other people probably do and will buy the shirt.

However, as far as constructive criticism goes, I would have to say this is the first shirt I would not buy because all of the above reasons. I would also add to it that "Skatetown" is a rather common name for rollerskating rinks, and I'd feel as though I'd be advertising for them inadvertently.

Not that it matters. Once a shirt.woot is up, it will stay up until the next day, regardless of community opinion. I suppose your request for our constructive comments is to get a better feel for what people like, though, for future woots. For this shirt, I'd suggest that it is likeable only from a nostalgia point of view, but there are too many other problems with it for it to sell well, compared to other designs I've seen.

That means it will probably sell out, of course

mydrivec


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydrivec
zendriver wrote:For most of the shirts I haven't liked, the reasons were a) The design wasn't funny, b) the design was too abstract, c) I wasn't "in" on the theme/joke, or d) the color wasn't "my style". However, I've kept my comments to myself because I readily understand that I won't always like or "get" the shirt of the day, and accept that other people probably do and will buy the shirt.

However, as far as constructive criticism goes, I would have to say this is the first shirt I would not buy because all of the above reasons. I would also add to it that "Skatetown" is a rather common name for rollerskating rinks, and I'd feel as though I'd be advertising for them inadvertently.

Not that it matters. Once a shirt.woot is up, it will stay up until the next day, regardless of community opinion. I suppose your request for our constructive comments is to get a better feel for what people like, though, for future woots. For this shirt, I'd suggest that it is likeable only from a nostalgia point of view, but there are too many other problems with it for it to sell well, compared to other designs I've seen.

That means it will probably sell out, of course



This one is simply hideous...the color ruins it more than anything.

Of course, given the unbelievable number of hits this site gets, I would think that they could even sell out of a Hilter Youth Tshirt if they tried.

Does anyone realize how incredibly poor a tshirt has to be for Woot NOT to sell out? 750-1000 per day SHOULD be childs play and yet there are still shirts that don't sell out. AMAZING. Someone at Woot is asleep. I'd have fired anyone choosing a non-sellout design.

A Proud sponsor of DirectDeposit.Woot.com!

lsman510


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsman510
Juju1972 wrote:Is that chick flippin' me off?!?!!?



Only if she has 6 fingers. Look closely.

cntmuffn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cntmuffn

You know.
I really don't like this shirt.
It's just so gaudy.

Woot : 4
Shrit.Woot: 7
Sellout.woot: 3

spaceranger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceranger
dvh wrote:Well, I WAS a teenager in the late 70's/early 80's, and seeing "skatetown" put a smile on my face, just for a moment. We were so cool wearing our concert jerseys and Levi's 501's, with green eyemakeup and black mascara, puffing away on Marlboros. A vision of adolescent attitude-on-wheels!

But I just can't see wearing it - too orange, too much cleavage (highlighting my own lack thereof). And as a mom I'm not about to wear (or buy for my kids) what looks like someone flipping the bird. I'm guessing this one's not aimed at the over-40 mom demographic anyway! I was, however, hoping to buy Calvinball shirts for the whole family over the weekend, and will keep checking to see if it turns up one of these days.



Yeah, after I originally posted I did later think it probably wasn't intended for the 40+ crowd.

And, I too am hoping for Calvinball shirts. Ahh Calvinball, appeals to a wide range of ages, color not too crazy, nothing that could be viewed as obscene... C'mon Woot! Bring on the Calvinball shirts!

Wangus8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wangus8

I feel like I must defend the wearers of orange colored shirts everywhere! Every color, no matter how crazy, looks good on somebody.

This shirt, however, just doesn't do it for me. I think it's the artistic style of the people, and to be honest, I'm really not that keen on people on my shirts at all (I suppose unless they are silhouettes).

Also, which shirts didn't sell out? I didn't know that has happened.

[Edit: Oh, and... Rawr! Calvinball]

The brains and voice (and fingers) behind the WWWWs.
Tune in on Tuesdays at whenever-I-have-the-time o'clock!

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
andrewtl wrote:lame. just got a bunch of woot shirts including the one with the snake eating itself and I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the quality of the silkscreening/printing. Wow, I just realized that my obsession with shirt.woot is over.

I'm happy to be free!



To be fair, the snake one did turn out a little poorly (imo, at least), but some of the later shirts I've received (Stereo from Above, say) seem to have been bumped up a notch in terms of overall quality. Though the Doctorow shirt wasn't bad either.

Yes, staff orders shirts the same way you do, heh.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

fjorner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjorner

ugliest

shirt

ever

Cherrypicker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

Updated 2PM Monday with Reckoning results

2nd chance sales begin the day after originally offered, for an extra $5. Available shirts are from current and prior week, plus the ten highest sellers of the remainders.
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts


Current week:
3793 = Skatetown
3792 = Go Rock Beat Paper(Derby 6 Third Place)
3791 = Panda Polo (Derby 6 Runner-up)
Prior week:
3778 = Zombie Season (Derby 6 Winner)
3777 = Day Off
3774 = Son of Kabuki
3773 = Ka-Boom
3768 = Green Space
3767 = Sunset Tree (Derby 5 Third Place)
3766 = The Organic Light Beam (Derby 5 Runner-up)
RSVP - Reckoning Survivors Very Purchaseable
01 GI Metro
02 Fire Swallower
03 BreakfasTopo (Derby 4 Winner)
04 Nobody’s Perfect
05 Chimpanzee Robusto
06 The Rustic
07 Jellyfishalicious (Derby 5 Winner)
08 Sore Thumbs
09 Sea Chimp
10 Reality Isn't For Everyone (Derby 3 Winner)
SPECIAL EXEMPTION - available until further notice
shirt.w00t! Launch
HURRY - only available through midnight tonight, Monday 9/10!
11 Stereo From Above
12 Unhappy Meeting (Derby 2 Co-winner)
13 Rat Rod
14 Duct Tape Man
15 See-Sawlitude

RIP -- Reckoned Into Perpetuity:
Threat Level: Doctorow -- Snowmen In Heat (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Driving To Work -- If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail -- Pirate Trip -- Hello Squidbucket! -- Nerdy Laundry -- American Samurai -- Cube One (Derby 1 Winner) -- Too Hungry -- Scales & Bubbles -- Sci-Fi Weenie Roast -- Robot Service -- The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer -- Word Problem -- This Here’s My Unicorn-Huntin’ Gun

mikop168


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168
lsman510 wrote:Only if she has 6 fingers. Look closely.



but for all intents and purposes, she IS giving ppl the bird. No one seeing it on someone else will get close enough or care enough to actually count fingers.

for it to be design this way, I can only assume the designer meant for her to give ppl the bird but drew it as such to claim innocence.

recess238


quality posts: 0 Private Messages recess238

I don't like the color or the style. I also don't think anyone under 30 will get the Skatetown reference. I know I don't..

oberon567


quality posts: 2 Private Messages oberon567
geekfactor12 wrote:I actually really like the art style. Clearly the designer is a great cartoonist. I'm passing on this shirt because of the orange color and the subject matter (rollerskates aren't my thing) but I hope he'll do more shirts for this site in the future.



it looks like the same artist has a shirt in the derby this week, "Boom Box Kids," so if you like the style but dislike the color or content, vote there and maybe next weekend we will see a different one...

lankey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lankey

I haven't thought any of the shirts so far were remotely cool.

icywindow


quality posts: 2 Private Messages icywindow
mydrivec wrote:This one is simply hideous...the color ruins it more than anything.

Of course, given the unbelievable number of hits this site gets, I would think that they could even sell out of a Hilter Youth Tshirt if they tried.

Does anyone realize how incredibly poor a tshirt has to be for Woot NOT to sell out? 750-1000 per day SHOULD be childs play and yet there are still shirts that don't sell out. AMAZING. Someone at Woot is asleep. I'd have fired anyone choosing a non-sellout design.



Y'know, I know plenty of people that would buy a Hitler Youth Tshirt, but I don't think shirt.woot wants to turn into a tshirthell.

icywindow


quality posts: 2 Private Messages icywindow
cntmuffn wrote:Woot, You understand,
I really don't like this shirt.
It's just so gaudy.



Fixed for haiku.

jackola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jackola

Orange shirts are a big NO.

metanoia29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29

Wow... I've never seen such a general consensus towards one shirt. It's pretty entertaining.

That being said, this shirt is pretty lame, for all the reasons previously listed.

hammr25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hammr25

I'm starting to think I should only come to shirt.woot on thursday afternoon so I can look and see if there *might* be a shirt I'd buy over the weekend.

j-o-h-n


quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n

I maybe alone here, but I thought the artwork wasn't bad,
it just isn't anything I'd wear on a shirt. Not that I'd be
caught dead in an orange shirt either.

Plus, it's no Calvinball.

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

paulhep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

Hey does anyone know if it's possible to order a shirt from a few days ago? I really wanted the zombie shirt but was out of town on Friday?

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

skelator818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818

So my last comments were removed due to the apparently vague disapproval of monday's shirt "Skatetown." The many comments that the shirt is "juvenile" or "stupid" are misleading I think. Even as a logo for a skate-o-rama if you will, it is difficult to make out the design and draw any humor/irony or enjoyment from it.
On a lighter note, I LOVE the color. We need more variety in the colors as many of the derby entries are asphault or blue.

I will show my disapproval of the design by not purchasing one.
Vote in the derby! If you can't vote, buy something, and VOTE!

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

Odinie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Odinie
j-o-h-n wrote:I maybe alone here, but I thought the artwork wasn't bad,
it just isn't anything I'd wear on a shirt. Not that I'd be
caught dead in an orange shirt either.

Plus, it's no Calvinball.



Would someone please explain calvinball? Was it one of those random shirts that people somehow made a cult thing out of it like the leek frog?

I want to be in on the joke so when it comes up I can buy with confidence!

skelator818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818
paulhep wrote:Hey does anyone know if it's possible to order a shirt from a few days ago? I really wanted the zombie shirt but was out of town on Friday?


Check the reckoning for shirts that have been offered, will soon be discontinued and links to buy old shirts (at $15, $2 for the designer, $10 for woot and $3 to the screaming monkey school I think)

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

skelator818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818
Odinie wrote:Would someone please explain calvinball? Was it one of those random shirts that people somehow made a cult thing out of it like the leek frog?


OK, so Calvinball was a game from Bill Waterson's Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip. The game involved parts from other games in a manner that made no sense and often resulted in a score of "Q to 12." I found it clever and fun and would have bought three as gifts. I think there was a question of rights as to wether the name "Calvinball" was protected, maybe thats why we never saw it after the fog of war. Or perhaps not enough voted for it. We may never know.
And the leak frog is more of a religion than a cult...I'm just saying.

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!