ddjrdd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddjrdd

Somebody should design a Leakfrog shirt.
Better than this, anyway.

carlcarlson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlcarlson
ddjrdd wrote:Somebody should design a Leakfrog shirt.

please no.

Odinie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Odinie
skelator818 wrote:OK, so Calvinball was a game from Bill Waterson's Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip. The game involved parts from other games in a manner that made no sense and often resulted in a score of "Q to 12." I found it clever and fun and would have bought three as gifts. I think there was a question of rights as to wether the name "Calvinball" was protected, maybe thats why we never saw it after the fog of war. Or perhaps not enough voted for it. We may never know.
And the leak frog is more of a religion than a cult...I'm just saying.

Oh got it. I seem to remember that now that I think of it. Thanks for the reply!

Odinie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Odinie
ddjrdd wrote:Somebody should design a Leakfrog shirt.
Better than this, anyway.

I'd buy one for sure!

dreadharn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadharn

This is really a crappy shirt.

Here's why:

1) Ugly color scheme
2) Design style sucks
3) Most people don't skate
4) Looks like a kids shirt

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101

wow this has got to be in the running for worst woot shirt.

It's just plain ugly, the color, the design, everything.

benz0rs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benz0rs

i want calvinball! D:

bradystrib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradystrib

this shirt is from awesometown. I approve!

chimo13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chimo13

I love my leakfrogs!

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1
jollyrodger wrote:I do not like this shirt because of the color. I usually buy the woot t-shirts with neutral colors, so even if the design sucks you can still wear them as undershirts. Therefore, woot please make more neutral color shirts! Can I get an AMEN ?!

Not from me. I like the variety of colors offered. The orange fish shirt from a few weeks back is one of the best woot shirts I've bought. I wouldn't wear it every day, but it's a nice change from more neutral colors. I don't understand buying these designed shirts simply to use them as undershirts. If you just want an undershirt, they can be found cheaper. If you must have these though, realize that there's at LEAST one neutral color offered per week (usually more)... do you really need more than 52 new shirts in a year?

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
Kayy911 wrote:We Having Horny 12 year olds create the shirts now?

We should be supporting that, so they're not off making... trouble.

I'm just trying to figure out if the color scheme is more Burger King or Whataburger. Whataburger, I think.

rickbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickbradford

Wow, there sure are a lot of awt critics here! I hope some of you folks spend a proprotionate amount of time posting online about the stuff you do want to support!

This is the first Woot shirt I've looked at but I'm buying it. To each his own and all that jazz.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
skelator818 wrote:I think there was a question of rights as to wether the name "Calvinball" was protected, maybe thats why we never saw it after the fog of war. Or perhaps not enough voted for it. We may never know.

(I created Calvinball)

I never heard anything from woot(!) either way so I assume it was kosher copyrightwise. They've been good at letting artists know when their designs crossed into dangerous legal territory.

I can only assume it didnt get enough votes but gosh darn it, it must have been close.

Speaking of which... woot(!)staff... How do I find out how many votes Calvinball got? There was a questionmark next to "# of votes" last I saw ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

ozzyzak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozzyzak
rickbradford wrote:Wow, there sure are a lot of awt critics here! I hope some of you folks spend a proprotionate amount of time posting online about the stuff you do want to support!

This is the first Woot shirt I've looked at but I'm buying it. To each his own and all that jazz.

From what I've seen, this much is true. People do post when they like something as I've seen often and just as much when they don't like it. I'm glad to see constructive criticism in this thread however, because it seems that much in the past the comments are bland and boring, offering no insight into the mind of the poster.

TheTick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheTick

I'm guessing Woot has an assload of orange shirts they are trying to get rid of...

MFdobbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MFdobbs

Skatetown? More like Sucktown. ZING! I can't imagine anybody who would wear a t-shirt of this color and design, and I've tried hard to imagine that one person out there who would. He/she just doesn't exist.

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the worst T-Shirt, Woot or otherwise, that I've ever seen.

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
derekfilley wrote:(I created Calvinball)

I never heard anything from woot(!) either way so I assume it was kosher copyrightwise. They've been good at letting artists know when their designs crossed into dangerous legal territory.

I can only assume it didnt get enough votes but gosh darn it, it must have been close.

Speaking of which... woot(!)staff... How do I find out how many votes Calvinball got? There was a questionmark next to "# of votes" last I saw ;-)

I'd have voted for it if I noticed it. Sorry.

derekfilley

markzero wrote:I'd have voted for it if I noticed it. Sorry.

You can make up for it by voting for one of my current designs. My destructive monkey seems quite popular. ;-)

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
paulhep wrote:Hey does anyone know if it's possible to order a shirt from a few days ago? I really wanted the zombie shirt but was out of town on Friday?

See Cherrypicker's post for the links to past shirts. He posts the links every day here in the forums

karma333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karma333

Not jumping, is it... No surprise.
Bad color, worse design.

I'm so jacked I got the Rock/Paper shirt, I'll forgive this mess.

davesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davesis

You are all dumb. This is the coolest shirt ever. The design rocks.

carlcarlson

davesis wrote:You are all dumb. This is the coolest shirt ever. The design rocks.

this might be a stretch, but..... are you the designer's sister?

koggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koggit

This is the type of shirt you'd find at Red Light for $40. The most fashionable people I know shop at Red Light.

It's not my style, but it's certainly stylish. While I won't buy one, this is one of Woot's best offerings to date.

uzfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uzfresh

Cool shirt...Hate teh color.

davesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davesis
carlcarlson wrote:this might be a stretch, but..... are you the designer's sister?

No, are you carl's son?

derekfilley

carlcarlson wrote:this might be a stretch, but..... are you the designer's sister?

One woot, first post lauding an unpopular shirt, joined today, username davesis, Dave guy who designed shirt.

Guilty as charged methinks.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

If we had this style of cartooning, based on one of those monster drag racer card sets of the 70's, that would be EXCELLENT. Anyone remember what these were? They were really zany monsters in custom cars and trucks with goofy names.

Regarding this shirt, I'm just not happy with this one, but the artist definitely has a following and it's done well...

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

UPDATED with today's RECKONING results

Wangus8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wangus8
bcm1 wrote:do you really need more than 52 new shirts in a year?

Yes? What if I have to burn every shirt that I wear at the end of the day because I sweat radiation?

On a more serious note: I agree with you on the concept of non-neutral colors.

The brains and voice (and fingers) behind the WWWWs.
Tune in on Tuesdays at whenever-I-have-the-time o'clock!

carlcarlson

davesis wrote:No, are you carl's son?

well then.... well played.

braniger24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braniger24

I'm not sure why, but I was uncontrollably drawn to purchase this shirt. I find it both humorous and stylish, but I'm not Versace, so take my style with a grain of salt.

hanoverf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanoverf
derekfilley wrote:I never heard anything from woot(!) either way so I assume it was kosher copyrightwise. They've been good at letting artists know when their designs crossed into dangerous legal territory.

Eh, last I checked the Tron shirt was still up there.

Of course it's not like Disney ever makes T-shirts, or is very protective of their IP.

nursedawn

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nursedawn

Hey. What's with the Christian imagery?

siobhan13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages siobhan13

Fabulous Damn all that cleavage representing Jesus!

wewt!

Banman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Banman

ummm bad shirt? yeah...

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
SkekTek wrote:If we had this style of cartooning, based on one of those monster drag racer card sets of the 70's, that would be EXCELLENT. Anyone remember what these were? They were really zany monsters in custom cars and trucks with goofy names.

THAT would be great -- I loved those as a kid!

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

BentoBoxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BentoBoxx

Now, take an orange shirt and have a picture of John Candy saying "Orange whip? Orange Whip? 3 Orange whips!" and heck, I'd buy 3!!!!!

Roger says WOOT!

BentoBoxx

Gatzby wrote:To be fair, the snake one did turn out a little poorly (imo, at least), but some of the later shirts I've received (Stereo from Above, say) seem to have been bumped up a notch in terms of overall quality. Though the Doctorow shirt wasn't bad either.

Yes, staff orders shirts the same way you do, heh.

Yeah, My Stereo from Above and my Breakfast Topo are both top notch! Great job and kudos to the print staff!

Roger says WOOT!

BentoBoxx

SkekTek wrote:If we had this style of cartooning, based on one of those monster drag racer card sets of the 70's, that would be EXCELLENT. Anyone remember what these were? They were really zany monsters in custom cars and trucks with goofy names.

Regarding this shirt, I'm just not happy with this one, but the artist definitely has a following and it's done well...

You mean the stuff Ed "Big Daddy" Roth did? He did wacky Monsters driving animated cars. He's most famous for his creature the "Rat Fink". They had a great exhibit of his art at the petersen museum in L.A.

Roger says WOOT!