Kesrael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kesrael
klswoot wrote:The colors in the lemmings shirt look much lighter than the original design. Maybe they did this on purpose to avoid the dark on dark problems of other earlier designs.

Thanks for posting a picture of the lemming shirt. Is that light brown really such an orangey-caramel color...or is it lightened due to a flash?

The colors aren't as 'muddy', I guess is the best word I want to use, as in the original design. The light parts are a weird orange color, when I first saw it, I didn't think I remembered it being that orange in the design but I think it looks great! The orange goes with the shirt. For whatever reason, everything looks just a tad lighter than it actually is in the shirt. But still, there are no dark on dark what so ever problems with this shirt.

As my first Woot! shirt, I'm very pleased. I got 2 of these and they both look great. Woot! did an awesome job with the printing and the artist made a great design. I will definitely be buying more Woot! shirts - most likely this weekend, at least one of the derby winners. : )

Andy, I'll definitely have fun with this shirt! It's going to be worn more than just Leap Day, it's way too much fun to keep it in the closet for 4 years!!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Kesrael wrote:The colors aren't as 'muddy', I guess is the best word I want to use, as in the original design. The light parts are a weird orange color, when I first saw it, I didn't think I remembered it being that orange in the design but I think it looks great! The orange goes with the shirt. For whatever reason, everything looks just a tad lighter than it actually is in the shirt. But still, there are no dark on dark what so ever problems with this shirt.

As my first Woot! shirt, I'm very pleased. I got 2 of these and they both look great. Woot! did an awesome job with the printing and the artist made a great design. I will definitely be buying more Woot! shirts - most likely this weekend, at least one of the derby winners. : )

Andy, I'll definitely have fun with this shirt! It's going to be worn more than just Leap Day, it's way too much fun to keep it in the closet for 4 years!!

Congratulations on your first woot shirt. It can be addictive! You'll probably find a bunch that you didn't even know you 'needed'.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Kesrael wrote:The colors aren't as 'muddy', I guess is the best word I want to use, as in the original design. The light parts are a weird orange color, when I first saw it, I didn't think I remembered it being that orange in the design but I think it looks great! The orange goes with the shirt. For whatever reason, everything looks just a tad lighter than it actually is in the shirt. But still, there are no dark on dark what so ever problems with this shirt.

Thanks so much for the pic. It really came out well! I'm glad there are no dark/dark problems.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
KenSPT wrote:Still just looks like a red box on a black shirt to me, but people dig it, so good for them ...

(Re: "I'm gonna let it shine" shirt) The artwork submitted is awesome. In real life, on the shirt, it does look exactly like what you said.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
dmkooo wrote:(Re: "I'm gonna let it shine" shirt) The artwork submitted is awesome. In real life, on the shirt, it does look exactly like what you said.

No disagreement ... and I mentioned that during the Derby, as did many others, and they were all lynched my the artistic mafia who was persistent in their belief that it would have come across well. ;-)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

KenSPT wrote:No disagreement ... and I mentioned that during the Derby, as did many others, and they were all lynched my the artistic mafia who was persistent in their belief that it would have come across well. ;-)

If I recall the reason people seemed to be concerned was the small line work involved. The line work actually printed quite well on my copy. The only issue with the print is that the red colors woot used were nearly identical. As far as I can remember no one specifically suggested that would be a problem (although my memory isn't perfect). And even so my copy still looks three dimensional, just fainter.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
shan24 wrote:Here are some picks of Anatomy Test:

Oh no, they printed it backwards!! It did come out great...actualy looks like post its. One of my favorites so far. Very cleverly done....and don't worry about your face in hte choping contest..I mean it's not like toon's pic is used at all.....right?

toby8915

tgentry wrote:Fresh out da bag...

Sorry if you answered this already, but I couldnt find a post.How tall are you and what size shirt did you get?

tgentry

Staff

toby8915 wrote:Sorry if you answered this already, but I couldnt find a post.How tall are you and what size shirt did you get?

5'9" 145 lbs. Those are Mens small, but I sometimes also get a M.

toby8915

tgentry wrote:5'9" 145 lbs. Those are Mens small, but I sometimes also get a M.

Cool. thanks.

klswoot

Just got the overnighted copy of the garden shirt. It printed beautifully. The colors really pop against the bright blue shirt. This is my first blue woot shirt. It's a gorgeous color! I think the placement is great too. I tried to get a decent picture of me wearing the shirt, but I'll need to have someone take it for me because I couldn't get a clear shot. The shirt in the picture is a women's large. The graphic will be a little bigger on the Men's M-3X sizes.

Click here to buy the shirt.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
klswoot wrote:Just got the overnighted copy of the garden shirt. It printed beautifully. The colors really pop against the bright blue shirt. This is my first blue woot shirt. It's a gorgeous color! I think the placement is great too. I tried to get a decent picture of me wearing the shirt, but I'll need to have someone take it for me because I couldn't get a clear shot. The shirt in the picture is a women's large. The graphic will be a little bigger on the Men's M-3X sizes.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but don't understand why people pay the $5 for overnight shipping.

I can't say I've ever seen a shirt, or any piece of clothing for that matter, online that made me say, "I NEED THAT TOMORROW !!!".

Are people simply putting off doing their laundry and relying on Woot's overnight shipping to keep them from being nude?

I don't know about others, but I can live with waiting a week before getting a shirt.

klswoot

KenSPT wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority, but don't understand why people pay the $5 for overnight shipping.

I can't say I've ever seen a shirt, or any piece of clothing for that matter, online that made me say, "I NEED THAT TOMORROW !!!".

Are people simply putting off doing their laundry and relying on Woot's overnight shipping to keep them from being nude?

I don't know about others, but I can live with waiting a week before getting a shirt.

Hi Ken-
I normally don't pay for the expedited shipping. But, I am the artist of the design and I know some people wait to see how it prints before purchasing the shirt. Since the design will only be available for one week, I want to be sure that folks who want the shirt, get to see a picture of it and then buy it before it gets reckoned. So, for me, it's worth the extra $5.00.

But, in general, unless the item is a gift, I choose the Smartpost option as well.

eastofme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eastofme

So, does anyone have the pirate shirt from the other day?

I know the design is big, but I'd like to see how big before I buy.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
klswoot wrote:Just got the overnighted copy of the garden shirt. It printed beautifully. The colors really pop against the bright blue shirt. This is my first blue woot shirt. It's a gorgeous color! I think the placement is great too. I tried to get a decent picture of me wearing the shirt, but I'll need to have someone take it for me because I couldn't get a clear shot. The shirt in the picture is a women's large. The graphic will be a little bigger on the Men's M-3X sizes.

Shirt looks great.

Well there is always next year....

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Is that the royal blue? Much prettier in person...woot makes the color look lighter and more washed out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SailorButterfly wrote:Is that the royal blue? Much prettier in person...woot makes the color look lighter and more washed out.

Yeah that's the royal blue. I'll be posting a picture of one once I find my charger for my camera battery...hehe.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Very nice colors on Royal.

waivted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waivted

I really wish AA's shirt sizes didn't fluctuate. My " Do The Math" shirt is a lot longer and a bit wider then the previous shirts I've purchased.

tgentry

Staff

Looks great, klswoot! Congrats on the solid design and printing.

doctorthodt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorthodt
klswoot wrote:Hi Ken-
I normally don't pay for the expedited shipping. But, I am the artist of the design and I know some people wait to see how it prints before purchasing the shirt. Since the design will only be available for one week, I want to be sure that folks who want the shirt, get to see a picture of it and then buy it before it gets reckoned. So, for me, it's worth the extra $5.00.

But, in general, unless the item is a gift, I choose the Smartpost option as well.

aww, shame that woot makes you buy your own design

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
doctorthodt wrote:aww, shame that woot makes you buy your own design

They don't- there's a coupon for three free shirts, and it also covers the faster shipping option.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
geekfactor12 wrote:They don't- there's a coupon for three free shirts, and it also covers the faster shipping option.

Unless you forget and leave it as smartpost and you don't get to wear your own leapday shirt on leapday.

klswoot

geekfactor12 wrote:They don't- there's a coupon for three free shirts, and it also covers the faster shipping option.

Haven't gotten the coupon yet. When do those usually get sent. I bought mine. Wasn't sure if the daily ones got the coupon too, so I bought mine.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
klswoot wrote:Haven't gotten the coupon yet. When do those usually get sent. I bought mine. Wasn't sure if the daily ones got the coupon too, so I bought mine.

They sent me the coupon code and a W9 form by email the afternoon of the sale. For me at least it said if I had already bought it to email shipping and that they would refund it.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
waivted wrote:I really wish AA's shirt sizes didn't fluctuate. My " Do The Math" shirt is a lot longer and a bit wider then the previous shirts I've purchased.

serious. I think sometimes AA has bad product, great marketing

i used to print my own designs, and the sizes were not consistent at all

what was worse, was i would get half a lot of kelly green that looked like two different shades of green... like avocado and kelly green.

they must not have good quality control

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Since Owl might be on the chopping block this week and it's a favorite shirt of mine, I'm feeling the need to post pics and evangelize to the Shirt.Woot community.

Here's the full shirt view:

And here's a closer view of the design:

Awesome stuff, I hope it gets another week to prove its mettle

The shirt pictured above is a mens small, other shirt sizes are probably a bit different.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
superspryte wrote:I find that the size of my shirts depends on whether or not there are seams going down the sides. The ones without are larger.

Here's an awesome shirt. Horrible picture of me, but I like the shirt. For anyone curious about sizing it's a WM and I'm around 5'3.

i really regret not getting this one. came so close to pulling the trigger too

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:i really regret not getting this one. came so close to pulling the trigger too

The only thing I don't like about it is it's a solid block of print...and woot uses solid plastic coated pantones. The plastic sheet of the designs gets on my nerves a little and is ultimately why I don't buy a lot of designs. I'd have loved the derby winner this week (Lady Out of Water) if not for that. Beautiful design but I couldn't stomach such a large, solid print. That makes me a little sad too because it was so pretty. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

brizz wrote:you'll grumble and/or bemoan fate about anything won't you? designers get their shirts overnighted for free. other people got tired of waiting two weeks for a shirt. why do you care?

colors look great on that kls....but seems a tad on the small side compared to the depiction...they did the same thing with cho's comparative diagram...or maybe that placement just makes it seem so?

Thanks Brizz. Yes. The colors were printed spot on, but they did show a smaller graphic. The original was 16x20, but perhaps they wanted to avoid having the dragonflies land on a ladies chest. Or have the red bird too large in the lower placement...might look like it's pecky at a person's crotch. That would be my guess for why changed the daily a little.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
klswoot wrote:Thanks Brizz. Yes. The colors were printed spot on, but they did show a smaller graphic. The original was 16x20, but perhaps they wanted to avoid having the dragonflies land on a ladies chest. Or have the red bird too large in the lower placement...might look like it's pecky at a person's crotch. That would be my guess for why changed the daily a little.

Don't they always print smaller on the ladies' shirts? I haven't gotten mine, yet, so I'll have to compare it with your posted picture when it arrives. I did think that the graphic is larger on the men's shirts. Not much larger, but still....

klswoot

parkermc wrote:Don't they always print smaller on the ladies' shirts? I haven't gotten mine, yet, so I'll have to compare it with your posted picture when it arrives. I did think that the graphic is larger on the men's shirts. Not much larger, but still....

Yes. You're right the graphic is smaller on the WS-M and larger on the L-3XL. But, the graphic on both are smaller than the design that I originally submitted. Guess they thought it worked better for the lower placement. I like how it turned out.

parkermc

klswoot wrote:Yes. You're right the graphic is smaller on the WS-M and larger on the L-3XL. But, the graphic on both are smaller than the design that I originally submitted. Guess they thought it worked better for the lower placement. I like how it turned out.

The shirt arrived today. It's TERRIFIC! The colors are wonderful. Re: the graphic, the placement is identical to the one on the pic you posted of the ladies' shirt, but it appears to rise much higher towards the neckline. I measure 9" from the tip of the highest dragonfly's wing to the bottom edge of the neckline (at the stitching). The size of the design relative to the shirt is just right, IMO. I wish I had my digital camera here to capture it, but it looks great and I'm very pleased with it.

Here's hoping for the Koi tonight!

klswoot

parkermc wrote:The shirt arrived today. It's TERRIFIC! The colors are wonderful. Re: the graphic, the placement is identical to the one on the pic you posted of the ladies' shirt, but it appears to rise much higher towards the neckline. I measure 9" from the tip of the highest dragonfly's wing to the bottom edge of the neckline (at the stitching). The size of the design relative to the shirt is just right, IMO. I wish I had my digital camera here to capture it, but it looks great and I'm very pleased with it.

Here's hoping for the Koi tonight!

Thanks for the update Parker! Glad you like the design!
I'm hoping folks like it better in person. It definitely catches your eye. So you bought one of the men's sizes right? That graphic is a tad bigger to stay proportional to the shirt.

parkermc

klswoot wrote:Thanks for the update Parker! Glad you like the design!
I'm hoping folks like it better in person. It definitely catches your eye. So you bought one of the men's sizes right? That graphic is a tad bigger to stay proportional to the shirt.

Yes, I bought the Men's Large and the graphic is larger, as you said. It just seems to reach farther towards the neckline while staying the same distance from the hem than the ladies' version. And, yes, it's very eye-catching. In fact, when I first pulled it out of the Woot bag, it reminded me of how DBH embroiders some of their shirts. The dragonflies, especially, looked stitched on, at first. Very nice.

boredterry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boredterry

I know I've bought four shirts, but I just want to know if I should downsize to Medium without plunking down the money for it.

5'8", 125 lbs.

Thanks!

sh4ne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sh4ne
boredterry wrote:I know I've bought four shirts, but I just want to know if I should downsize to Medium without plunking down the money for it.

5'8", 125 lbs.

Thanks!

i'm about 5'11" , 125 lbs., and i wear mediums. i'm pretty skinny but they seem to fit well. i wouldn't wear anything bigger myself.

=)

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

I'm wearing a brown camisole underneath, and as usual with t-shirts, it doesn't fit me in the waist! See the unsightly bulges on the side? Not mine. D:

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Looks great...the colors are amazing! Can't wait to get mine! (it hasn't even shipped yet. T_T )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

klswoot

SailorButterfly wrote:Looks great...the colors are amazing! Can't wait to get mine! (it hasn't even shipped yet. T_T )

WOW! Zenne. The wave looks great. Can't wait to get mine!