GoldBerry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

Here is a photo of Fat Unicorn in a WXL.


And a close up.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
GoldBerry wrote:Here is a photo of Fat Unicorn in a WXL.



That printed nicely!

Temperance


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance
GoldBerry wrote:Here is a photo of Fat Unicorn in a WXL.



I still have to laugh every time I see this shirt. I can't wait to get mine to wear it :] The printing looks great, thanks for the picture

glazecovered


quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered
KittyPryde wrote:Because I thought it might be reckoned soon, I broke down and bought Zombie Season like a week or two ago. It's popular, right? Here's that picture:



I was surprised with the fact that the black isn't really black but like a very dark grey. It almost has a faded look to me. It's amazing how long it's lasted.



For how long it's been around, I'm surprised that no one's posted a picture. I'm definitely set on buying a couple before it gets reckoned. (Along with Cool Breeze if anyone wants to post more pictures, I've only seen a couple). Thanks so much for the picture, it looks a lot better than I imagined it might.

bightie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bightie
dssy wrote:

This shirt's too tight! It's a lot more snug than any other WXL I've ever gotten from Woot. I would swear it's actually a WL. Wish Woot would offer more equitable sizing options. Men get 6 sizing choices, but Women only get 4? B O O.




I agree about the sizing discrepancy between men and women. I really like the shape of the womens shirts but even the WXL fits more like a juniors large. Woot needs to come out with a W2XL if they truly want to show that they love women. Otherwise, we are stuck with shirts that are too tight or butchy looking mens shirts. For mothers day they should come out with maternity sizes. I could use a few of those.

Temperance


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance
bightie wrote:I agree about the sizing discrepancy between men and women. I really like the shape of the womens shirts but even the WXL fits more like a juniors large. Woot needs to come out with a W2XL if they truly want to show that they love women. Otherwise, we are stuck with shirts that are too tight or butchy looking mens shirts. For mothers day they should come out with maternity sizes. I could use a few of those.



Make a petition thread :] seems the best way to be heard by Woot

bbearrick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbearrick

this is amazing

jrs1980


quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980
Temperance wrote:Make a petition thread :] seems the best way to be heard by Woot


Or just co-sign the current petition.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

ripforeverjoey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

I'm on the fence about Treacherous Waters, the print placement is really important to the overall design IMO. Could somebody please be kind enough to post a picture when it comes in? (after you've ripped open the bag in a a fit of pure excitement of course)

KittyPryde


quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Okay, so these two technically don't have any fear for a few weeks but just in case people were curious/on the fence...

1986: The Legend Was Born


1988: The Human Genome Project


I thought Human Genome turned out exactly how it looked on screen. The brown's didn't get lost in printing like people feared.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

WOW. The human genome printed very large! Is that a woman's size, or a man's size? Usually the graphic is a little larger on the Men's shirts.

But, you're right, the colors printed very true to the screen colors. Black seems to be a very good shirt for a lot of designs. The colors really pop!

Thanks Kitty...you always have great photos!

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
KittyPryde wrote:Okay, so these two technically don't have any fear for a few weeks but just in case people were curious/on the fence...

1986: The Legend Was Born

1988: The Human Genome Project

I thought Human Genome turned out exactly how it looked on screen. The brown's didn't get lost in printing like people feared.



Nice shot! now I don't need to find my camera... your pic of Legend shows true colors, nice shot. I love it myself.

The Human Genome turned out so much better than I thought it would! very nice.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
KittyPryde wrote:I thought Human Genome turned out exactly how it looked on screen. The brown's didn't get lost in printing like people feared.



It really does look quite good! So does this mean that brown on black prints fine even though black on brown does not, or did woot improve their printing overall so we no longer have to fear black on brown?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

KittyPryde


quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
klswoot wrote:WOW. The human genome printed very large! Is that a woman's size, or a man's size? Usually the graphic is a little larger on the Men's shirts.

But, you're right, the colors printed very true to the screen colors. Black seems to be a very good shirt for a lot of designs. The colors really pop!

Thanks Kitty...you always have great photos!



It's a man's size, sorry. Men's small. I'm not a fan of the women sleeves normally. The first shirt I got in a womens size was Decomposition in Women's Large and it felt a little odd around the arms so I just get MS normally. The WXL was fine and even a WL in another shirt was fine, just maybe that Decomposition was weird.

I have a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot that I throw on a tripod and set it to timer and hope for the best. Too bad I don't buy more shirts huh? I just bought Rampage Wear so I'll post that one when I get it (along with the close encounters shirt I forgot I got a while back, it's currently being washed).

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
KittyPryde wrote:It's a man's size, sorry. Men's small. I'm not a fan of the women sleeves normally. The first shirt I got in a womens size was Decomposition in Women's Large and it felt a little odd around the arms so I just get MS normally. The WXL was fine and even a WL in another shirt was fine, just maybe that Decomposition was weird.

I have a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot that I throw on a tripod and set it to timer and hope for the best. Too bad I don't buy more shirts huh? I just bought Rampage Wear so I'll post that one when I get it (along with the close encounters shirt I forgot I got a while back, it's currently being washed).



I'm wearing the Decomposition shirt today for the first time. I have to agree with you....it fits differently than others in the same color and size.

I think someone posted a picture of Rampage Wear and it printed really well. I wasn't a fan of that design when it was first posted. But, I have to say...it grew on me as I saw it on the site.

jtyska


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtyska

Just got my 1986: The Legend Was Born! I think this shirt beats out "Nessie" for my favorite.

PS-- Sunburn FTL. The colors aren't wrong, I just got thwarted by the sun.


Shirt:


thanks, fablefire!:



ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Does anyone have a pic of The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized?



If I remember, I'll try to post one this evening. It turned out really well, so I'm glad I snatched one up.

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Very happy with technicolor.

Full image


In use 1


In use 2


FWIW - 6'1" and anywhere from 245-255 lbs. XXL unwashed.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

That's such a great shirt! I love it! Can't believe I missed the $10.00 offering on that one. The first and last picture are really helpful. Thanks!

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
klswoot wrote:That's such a great shirt! I love it! Can't believe I missed the $10.00 offering on that one. The first and last picture are really helpful. Thanks!



Sorry, the middle picture was taken in the full length mirror in my 2 yr olds room - guess there were too many handprints on it...? (as if the floor full of toys didn't already scream kids room).

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
auggie24 wrote:Sorry, the middle picture was taken in the full length mirror in my 2 yr olds room - guess there were too many handprints on it...? (as if the floor full of toys didn't already scream kids room).



That's funny! I did the same thing. It's amazing to see how the camera picks up marks on the mirror that the eye doesn't catch. Kids mirrors are the worst by far. Still the other two pics are great!

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

I received my Treacherous Waters shirt in the mail today. :-)

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
snarkygal wrote:I received my Treacherous Waters shirt in the mail today. :-)



Looks nice Snarky! I'm surprised it printed so high...for some reason I thought the placement would be lower. Maybe I'm remembering the first submission on the lighter blue.

Hopefully, I'll get mine tomorrow. I bought a WM, so I suspect the graphic will be a little smaller. Looking forward to receiving it!

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
klswoot wrote:Looks nice Snarky! I'm surprised it printed so high...for some reason I thought the placement would be lower. Maybe I'm remembering the first submission on the lighter blue.

Hopefully, I'll get mine tomorrow. I bought a WM, so I suspect the graphic will be a little smaller. Looking forward to receiving it!



Well, I look at it this way, The guy on the dock has escaped both the wave and the scrunch zone hehehe. I just hope Cho sees it that way. ;-)

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
klswoot wrote:Looks nice Snarky! I'm surprised it printed so high...for some reason I thought the placement would be lower. Maybe I'm remembering the first submission on the lighter blue.

Hopefully, I'll get mine tomorrow. I bought a WM, so I suspect the graphic will be a little smaller. Looking forward to receiving it!



Yeah, I was expecting lower placement as well. Hopefully it will look okay on. I think that is precisely my scrunch zone...

monkeywithshotgun


quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeywithshotgun
snarkygal wrote:I received my Treacherous Waters shirt in the mail today. :-)



Looks nice, but the placement is not in my favor.

I guess I'll have to judge it fully when mine comes in.

mollib


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib
snarkygal wrote:I received my Treacherous Waters shirt in the mail today. :-)



This is pretty strange - I looked at the posted pic of Treacherous Waters and then had to go get mine from the bedroom. When I tried it on earlier this week, the only complaint I had was that it wasn't printed high enough. And yup, I would say that the printing on mine starts a good deal lower than the printing on the one pictured. Measured at a bit of an angle, the top of the wave is 3 1/2" from the collar of my WL. I actually would love it to be higher! And there's only 5 1/2" between the bottom of the design and the bottom of the shirt. If I have a chance later, I will upload a pic.

Also, regarding Human Genome, I was really surprised how big the design is, on my WL. It really is really big. Which isn't bad - just not what I was expecting. The colors came out great, though! NO problem seeing the brown on the black. Great job picking good shades of brown

KittyPryde


quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I got two pictures of severely old shirts, but you know, if someone has one for trade and how it looks is a dealbreaker, here they are!


Close Encounters of the 2-D Kind. This one is Men's Medium which I paid for to a kind user who allowed me to buy it from them because I really wanted it.



Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения! This is Ladies Large and I found it on Ebay like 3 days ago and was like why not? Very happy with this one. And the cost was the same as if I bought it on launch day

dtreichler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtreichler
snarkygal wrote:I received my Treacherous Waters shirt in the mail today. :-)



Got my Treacherous Waters today. I was worried after seeing snarkygal's placement, but I'm happy. The bottom of the print is right around my belt. I'm about 5'11" 165 lbs. The shirt is a medium right out of the bag.



Thanks Cho!

warrenhj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenhj
GoldBerry wrote:Here is a photo of Fat Unicorn in a WXL.



carp. Now I want one.

It's all because your momma don't dance and your daddy don't rock n roll.

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Someone tell me if I am being too nit-picky here, but I am not at all impressed with the printing of Treacherous Waters.

It looks ok from afar:


However, when you start to look closer, things pop out:

Missing lines:

~and~


Then there is the issue of the underlying white - it pops out almost everywhere on the shirt...


Just a tad bit disappointed that the great artwork was h4x0r3d.

jamesbottomtooth


quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
brotherben wrote:


i think i saw you on wikipedia

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
auggie24 wrote:Someone tell me if I am being too nit-picky here, but I am not at all impressed with the printing of Treacherous Waters.
[lots of photos]



Auggie, I agree. I got mine and wore it yesterday, but I kept finding nitpicky issues on it like missing lines. I'm also not happy with the centered placement. It looks like it was intended for a bottom corner placement, though we can't know what Cho sent in to the print guys. That would have helped greatly, and if they change it, I hope they'll offer to exchange these weird centre placements. I still love the design, but I'm not sure I love the shirt.

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
mihalis aya wrote:Auggie, I agree. I got mine and wore it yesterday, but I kept finding nitpicky issues on it like missing lines. I'm also not happy with the centered placement. It looks like it was intended for a bottom corner placement, though we can't know what Cho sent in to the print guys. That would have helped greatly, and if they change it, I hope they'll offer to exchange these weird centre placements. I still love the design, but I'm not sure I love the shirt.



As you can see from my pics, the grafix are fairly high up there. However, if I were to tuck the shirt in, the grafix are in just the right place. I, too, love the design, but the execution just suxx0rz.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
auggie24 wrote:As you can see from my pics, the grafix are fairly high up there. However, if I were to tuck the shirt in, the grafix are in just the right place. I, too, love the design, but the execution just suxx0rz.



See, I'm crazy short, and the design still isn't in the right place on the women's shirt even if I lost my mind and tried to tuck in a t-shirt.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Got my Treacherous Waters today, and while it's not perfect, the placement is much better:


Here's how it looks on (Oh, yeah, mirror shot!):


(Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but I only have a camera phone at the moment. It still gets the point across.)

So I'm happy with it. Some of the lines didn't print too well, but it's hardly noticeable unless you start inspecting.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Someone wanted to see The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized. Your wish is my, well, you know:

Graye


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
auggie24 wrote:Someone tell me if I am being too nit-picky here, but I am not at all impressed with the printing of Treacherous Waters.


Missing lines:

~and~


Just a tad bit disappointed that the great artwork was h4x0r3d.



If you look closer, the lines aren't actually missing, they are just very hard to see. The color of those areas is the dark blue similar to the fish.

Looking at it close it is a little disappointing =/, but for normal wear it really looks cool. =)

Just another note to remember for future woot designers. I don't know what the color choice is that Cho used, but royal blue + fine lines in that color don't show... Much like black lines on brown shirts.

lintbox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox
ansharp wrote:Got my Treacherous Waters today, and while it's not perfect, the placement is much better:


Here's how it looks on (Oh, yeah, mirror shot!):



very nice, this is what i had in mind when i got this shirt. why is the placement so different/better than the men's? the men's is almost 3" higher which look very stupid imo.. guess us dudes got screwed this time..

personnemaime


quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime

I borrowed some of my siblings for a few more pics of Quoth the Raven. Don't let it get reckoned!

WM


from left to right: WM, WM, WM, WL, WL, ML, ML