JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
hizzeh wrote:Lost in Transition, small. Fits great. I'll post a picture of the flying donut shirt when I get it.

This is the first time I'm actually upset I didn't jump on a daily when I had the chance. The colors are subdued (whereas the preview pic was really obnoxiously bright) Eh... you live and learn.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Two shirts that my son bought last week arrived in the mail. They both look very sharp in person. (For reference, these are Men's M on a 5'10" 140+ lbs. teenager.)

Nightmare on Wall Street:

Faders and Meters:

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Wow they both printed really big. Derek's looks awesome.

parkermc

Iambusyeating wrote:Wow they both printed really big. Derek's looks awesome.

It really does look great. These shots were taken outdoors, but the colors on both shirts show up even better indoors. I was very surprised at how much I like Nightmare on Wall Street considering I'm rather leery of printing on asphalt. It does evoke 'urban grit' very well, though, while Faders and Meters has rich, warm colors. But these both look sharp and will look even better on him once they shrink a bit after a few washings.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
parkermc wrote:Two shirts that my son bought last week arrived in the mail. They both look very sharp in person. (For reference, these are Men's M on a 5'10" 140+ lbs. teenager.)

Nightmare on Wall Street:

Is the spray painters face solid black, or is it just that photo making it look that way?

parkermc

Andy47240 wrote:Is the spray painters face solid black, or is it just that photo making it look that way?

Sorry, the detail was lost in the photo. There is a gas mask on his face. It's not as finely detailed as it appeared on the shirt's sale page, but it is recognizable in person.

middlefinger9573

quality posts: 0 Private Messages middlefinger9573

That Faders and Meters printed larger than mine. I got a mens small but the printing area seems significantly smaller on my shirt than in that picture. Still looks good, but I'm more partial to the larger prints like that one.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
middlefinger9573 wrote:That Faders and Meters printed larger than mine. I got a mens small but the printing area seems significantly smaller on my shirt than in that picture. Still looks good, but I'm more partial to the larger prints like that one.

At the bottom on every day's description there are size specifications for that specific design. For example today's specs are:

Printed Size:
3X – M: 12.5” x 1.67”
S – WS: 9.37” x 1.25”

As you can see, the Men's small is printed using the smaller size screen.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
middlefinger9573 wrote:That Faders and Meters printed larger than mine. I got a mens small but the printing area seems significantly smaller on my shirt than in that picture. Still looks good, but I'm more partial to the larger prints like that one.

Each day the staff diligently list out the dimensions. Men's small and women's sizes are smaller prints than Men's medium and up.

From the slow and steady shirt write up:

Printed Size:
3X – M: 12.5” x 1.67”
S – WS: 9.37” x 1.25”

ripforeverjoey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

Oops, accidentally posted on my roommate's account (middlefinger9573)

Thanks for the help there, I never noticed that before.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

Anyone have Grilled Cheese pics?

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton

Here are the Fat Unicorn and Elphbet shirts,
Fat Unicorn has some printing issues..the legs had background color in them hard to see in this shot though

Warning elphabet is SEE THROUGH! particularly to those ladies!

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

i'm interested in seeing a miss stereo... anyone wanna post?

Andy47240

Yeah, I get to participate in my favorite forum thread!

It's a little washed out looking because of my flash.

ry4nsm1th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ry4nsm1th

Hmm why did I discover this site so late, I missed out on so many good shirts. =(

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
ry4nsm1th wrote:Hmm why did I discover this site so late, I missed out on so many good shirts. =(

That's how I felt when I joined!

omgniki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgniki

I haven't gotten my Nightmare on Wall Street yet

However, when I do, I'll post that and my Masonic Monkey shirt together.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Andy47240 wrote:Yeah, I get to participate in my favorite forum thread!

It's a little washed out looking because of my flash.

O M G you bought something! I've been busy and not around much lately, so I didn't know until now. Awesome! Congrats! Welcome to the Voting world! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

omgniki

Still haven't gotten my Nightmare on Wall Street, but my Carmen Sandiego shirt came in today!

Image host

sorry I look like hell; it's been a rough week and I haven't cared enough to put make up on or do my hair.

For reference:
I am 5'10, about 190, 40D.
This is a WXL, and I really like the way it fits. It's not too tight on me at all.

Will still post photos of Masonic Monkey with Wall Street; threw Carmen on before heading to the hospital to visit my grandmother and am uploading the photo from a friend's iPhone while waiting to be allowed in to visit.

Andy47240

SailorButterfly wrote:O M G you bought something! I've been busy and not around much lately, so I didn't know until now. Awesome! Congrats! Welcome to the Voting world! :D

This has been a lot different this week being able to vote. I think I voted responsibly too.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
omgniki wrote:Carmen Sandiego photos

looks like it printed pretty well. i'm glad you like it!

omgniki

intaglio wrote:looks like it printed pretty well. i'm glad you like it!

I love it. I've already gotten several compliments on it.

GlassEggshells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlassEggshells

Feed The Whale

I received a book: '99 ways to cut, sew, trim & tie your T-shirt' So I decided to try the "gaia" style on Feed the Whale. - another picture

The only thing I'm unsatisfied with is how high up I sewed the ties. I'll try it again with another shirt again, but I think I might work on the "nora" style next.

Just thought I'd share.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
tabrazinski wrote:i'm interested in seeing a miss stereo... anyone wanna post?

Here ya go. I want to point out that I couldn't get the colors to come out right in the photos. The face and hair look white whereas they are really a medium pale yellow, and the headphones are a sharp goldenrod. The shirt looks great.

Detail:

& Position and size on shirt (Men's XL):

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
tjflashman77 wrote:Here ya go. I want to point out that I couldn't get the colors to come out right in the photos. The face and hair look white whereas they are really a medium pale yellow, and the headphones are a sharp goldenrod. The shirt looks great.

Detail:

Yeah... I regret not buying this cheap when I had the chance. I expect this will be fairly high up on the reckoning chart. I'm already planning to buy "Plan B" when it falls lower... maybe I'll do the same with this.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Erving

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Erving
tjflashman77 wrote:Here ya go. I want to point out that I couldn't get the colors to come out right in the photos. The face and hair look white whereas they are really a medium pale yellow, and the headphones are a sharp goldenrod. The shirt looks great.

Detail:

is the print on yours fading in some areas? I just got mine and the print isnt as crisp as i wouldve liked.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
eHalcyon wrote:Yeah... I regret not buying this cheap when I had the chance. I expect this will be fairly high up on the reckoning chart. I'm already planning to buy "Plan B" when it falls lower... maybe I'll do the same with this.

It's actually at 3rd right now, and Plan B is at 12th.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Erving wrote:is the print on yours fading in some areas? I just got mine and the print isnt as crisp as i wouldve liked.

I would have to say no. I am very pleased with it. Even the thinnest lines are sharp and uniform. The printing process is one that's known to produce anomolies (read: misprints).

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
shan24 wrote:It's actually at 3rd right now, and Plan B is at 12th.

How do you know where it is on the current reckoning chart? I don't think it's up yet.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
hasdgfas wrote:How do you know where it is on the current reckoning chart? I don't think it's up yet.

The shirts from last week went on the reckoning chart Monday night at midnight. Here is the link for The Madness of Miss Stereo and then over on the right you can go up and down to see the rankings.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

thanks! i think i'm sold.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice

Got my shirts recently. First is madness of Miss Stereo (unwashed, unworn), and the second is Risky Business (washed once, warm water, dried in dryer) on top so you can see how much it shrunk. Both are mens medium, the shrunk shirt fits perfect, like a normal slim fit medium you'd find in a store. I'm about 5'10 153.

and me wearing the shrunk risky business..

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
WeezTheJuice wrote:Got my shirts recently. First is madness of Miss Stereo (unwashed, unworn), and the second is Risky Business (washed once, warm water, dried in dryer) on top so you can see how much it shrunk. Both are mens medium, the shrunk shirt fits perfect, like a normal slim fit medium you'd find in a store. I'm about 5'10 153.

(photos removed to save space)

That's a great idea to show comparison, but a "Before and After" would have been helpful. People have mentioned that different AA shirts of the same marked size (especially between different colours) have a strangely high variance in actual size. Were they actually the same size before the wash?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

WeezTheJuice

eHalcyon wrote:That's a great idea to show comparison, but a "Before and After" would have been helpful. People have mentioned that different AA shirts of the same marked size (especially between different colours) have a strangely high variance in actual size. Were they actually the same size before the wash?

dunno, i got them at different times and had already washed risky business before I got Madness. Ill try to get a comparison of me wearing madness before and after a warm wash.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
amcatanzaro wrote:Here's my daughter Ophelia in the Monkey Play shirt. She's wearing WS.

And here's a close up of the graphic on the WXL.

oh my that's funny. ophelia in a hamlet shirt. has anyone else caught on to this? i'm gonna go check.

EDIT:: aw, someone else noticed...

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07

Just got my first woot shirt (Mister Bobo) and it's awesome! :D I'm 6'2 and that is a medium, It fits me very well although I do roll up the sleeves one notch because I think they're a bit too long.

ry4nsm1th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ry4nsm1th

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri
JadenKale wrote:This is the first time I'm actually upset I didn't jump on a daily when I had the chance. The colors are subdued (whereas the preview pic was really obnoxiously bright) Eh... you live and learn.

Lost in Transition is actually my favorite woot shirt i own...

WeezTheJuice

Small update, I washed the Madness shirt and it fits well, but it looks like it didnt shrink as much as the olive risky business, but you can still tell a difference between washed and unwashed. The sleeves and belly region fit a lot better, and it shortened a bit lengthwise. Here are the before/after pics of madness, and also pics of a washed risky business on top of a washed madness.

before wash:

after wash:

both washed once:

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Just got my Strike shirts in the mail. It printed really well. The only camera I have is the webcam attached to my laptop so hopefully someone with a real camera can take better pictures.