ajluckey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajluckey
AttilaTheMom wrote:I have one of each, I'll try to get pics up soon.

I got my WXL today - holy crap, it's super small! My next size try will be the Men's Medium.....but it may be that the L works best for me.

theLiz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theLiz

Can any of you ladies who have purchased both women's and men's shirts let me know how the arm length compares?

adpham2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adpham2
vishneda wrote:5'5", 150 lbs

thanks for the info vishneda!!
seems like you're the closest to my size. anyone that is 5'8 and 160 lb?! what size shirt should i order?!

i normally buy small or medium - good fit. i bought a medium yesterday, but i want to buy another one. dont wanna cough up 15 bux for another medium and have 2 shirts that i cant wear

o yea...im a guy

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone

Just got this one.
Bought it because I loved the illustration, anyway... but was very pleased at how big the print was.

* Face cropped to protect you from death-by-dashingness.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Late Halloween Night-

looks pretty good, I think. click to buy.
If you're not sure, buy it before Monday! Its only $15, after all!

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
adpham2 wrote:thanks for the info vishneda!!
seems like you're the closest to my size. anyone that is 5'8 and 160 lb?! what size shirt should i order?!

i normally buy small or medium - good fit. i bought a medium yesterday, but i want to buy another one. dont wanna cough up 15 bux for another medium and have 2 shirts that i cant wear

o yea...im a guy

I'm 5'11" and 155, and I find the M to be on the longish side for me (not too long, but definitely longer than my other t-shirts). Hope this helps

aheav83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aheav83

I've taken a gamble and ordered a women's large for most of my shirts, and a medium for my most recent (the green shirt with the birds). I've heard they're pretty small. Once they arrive I'll post pictures.

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda

o yea...im a guy

Sounds like the medium should be fine. I agree, though, that these shirts tend to be on the long side. I think its just the style of the AA brand.

adpham2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adpham2

thanks alot guys...u convinced me to buy another one!

aheav83

For the lady wooters:

If this helps at all, I am 5'7, 135 lbs, and generally wear a size medium shirt. My women's large Circulomotion came in and it fits well. Ordering a medium (for me) may be tight. Hope this helps

keylay31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keylay31

To w00t:

You should really post pictures of these shirts instead of a "cartoon-ish" picture on the main site. Having seen all of these posts, I wish I would have bought a whole bunch of these, I'm pretty sure sales would go up (not sure if thats what you want, but still). I'll definently be purchasing some of the one's up for reckoning after reading this thread.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
keylay31 wrote:To w00t:

You should really post pictures of these shirts instead of a "cartoon-ish" picture on the main site. Having seen all of these posts, I wish I would have bought a whole bunch of these, I'm pretty sure sales would go up (not sure if thats what you want, but still). I'll definently be purchasing some of the one's up for reckoning after reading this thread.

I always thought that the shirts were printed the day after the night they're sold, to ensure that the correct sizes are printed. But I could be totally wrong.

koggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koggit

o yea...im a guy

I'm 5' 11" and 160lb -- I wear AA smalls as undershirts and mediums as overshirts. Today I'm wearing a We Are Scientists shirt, which is printed on AA 2001's, in a men's small without an undershirt and it fits great.

KiTchMe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiTchMe
nond wrote:

I just opened the package with this shirt, and mine is bright yellow. How did you manage to get this color? I kind of wish mine is of the same color.

jennal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennal
ajluckey wrote:I got my WXL today - holy crap, it's super small! My next size try will be the Men's Medium.....but it may be that the L works best for me.

Men's medium is big-looking, I wish I got men's small. Next time I'll do WXL to see how it fits - mostly after shrinkage.

keylay31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keylay31
geekfactor12 wrote:I always thought that the shirts were printed the day after the night they're sold, to ensure that the correct sizes are printed. But I could be totally wrong.

I agree with this thinking, however I am suggesting they print one before hand. I'm guessing they probably keep at least one anyway, probably wouldn't hurt their bottom line.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ajluckey wrote:I got my WXL today - holy crap, it's super small! My next size try will be the Men's Medium.....but it may be that the L works best for me.

The mens L, after washing, is just a little bigger than the womens XL before it is washed.
It is a little bigger on the bust and looser around the middle, about the same on the hips.
I think the M would be too small.
I found the womens fit better in the shoulders and the sleeve length was nicer, but I'll be sticking to the mens.

Woot, we need womens XXL!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ajluckey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajluckey
dontwantaname wrote:The mens L, after washing, is just a little bigger than the womens XL before it is washed.
It is a little bigger on the bust and looser around the middle, about the same on the hips.
I found the womens fit better in the shoulders and the sleeve length was nicer, but I'll be sticking to the mens.

For real. I'd definitely be in for a WXXL.

I've been getting Men's L, and they seem to fit well after washing in hot water for shrinkage. The WXL is just way too tiny for this curvy girl.

alexbrewer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexbrewer

I'm loving the 2145 shirt I bought Sunday and voted for in the Derby.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
DUDE4253 wrote:

and Wave Function

If anyone thinks that looks good, I have to tell you, I just got mine today, and it looks even better in person. Great freakin' shirt.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
AdderXYU wrote:If anyone thinks that looks good, I have to tell you, I just got mine today, and it looks even better in person. Great freakin' shirt.

Awesome. Need to buy mine then.

citizendane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizendane

got my "say no to scurvy" shirt a few days ago and i love it.

fablefire

citizendane wrote:got my "say no to scurvy" shirt a few days ago and i love it.

Yay! So glad! =D

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Toyfare wrote:I'll be the sasquatch model when I get home. I'll show off my 3x tees that I have washed. For your info: 6'5", 300lbs. Hairy....sasquatch.

still waiting!!!

Not all of us wooters are skinny bastards

aheav83

Here's Backyard Brawl. So far it's my fav Woot shirt! Too bad the ink is already washing off. I've washed it once, no more than two times. The bunny's ears are now practically green. :*(

This is Cool Breeze. I wore it on top of Backyard Brawl. Again, it's a women's large. The colors are dark, but you can still see the design. I haven't worn or washed it out yet. It'll make a cute Thanksgiving shirt.

Finally, Circulomotion. They're all the same size, but this one seemed especially narrow. I didn't do the best job separating the shirt from the background on the right side. The face is blurred to protect the innocent. I've washed this shirt once, and the ink is still fine. I'll probably wear this one later this week as well.

Toyfare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare
brizz wrote:still waiting!!!

Not all of us wooters are skinny bastards

Okay! I'll do it today after I take a shower. I know I'm a slacker. I hope you don't mind camera phone pix.

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters
dontwantaname wrote:The mens L, after washing, is just a little bigger than the womens XL before it is washed.

Ah, I was thinking of ordering women's large because I'm usually a guys medium...although I ordered a guys large just to be safe and after a few washes it's still a little big. What do you ladies think? Any girls out there who fit in a guy's medium know what they are in women's sizes?

www.c8-bit.com

fablefire

Caiters wrote:Ah, I was thinking of ordering women's large because I'm usually a guys medium...although I ordered a guys large just to be safe and after a few washes it's still a little big. What do you ladies think? Any girls out there who fit in a guy's medium know what they are in women's sizes?

I wear a mens medium and a womens large in normal shirts. I also wear a medium as far as mens shirt sizes go on woot. Here's how the womens fit:

WL: Bought Avocado Man in this size, and I'm regretting it. I'm trim, lean, 36" in the bust, and the shirt just fit. The sleeves were a little snug for my baby pythons (although on the other hand it makes my arms look buff). In addition, the graphic was warped looking because of my chest. I'm afraid to try it on again after putting it through the wash.

Verdict: WTB Avocado Man in WXL. :'(

WXL: Fits awesome. The shirt is still snug and form fitting, but doesn't tug at the print, which imo is important when getting a graphic tee. I mean, why buy a graphic tee if it's so snug that the print gets warped?

I swim in a woot mens large btw, so I don't recommend that at all. WXL was way smaller than L.

Also note that the women's shirt use the smaller print screens. If the design has detail, you'll see it better on a mens M.

...and for anyone curious which shirts I have in which size:

Mental Notes - Mens Large
Avocado Man - Womens Large
Say No To Scurvy - Mens Large, Mens Medium, Women's XLarge (yes, I used my freebies to check out size and print differences XD )

So my rule of thumb now is basically get a mens medium if the graphic is large in area and has a long latitude over my chest, and WXL if it's a smaller graphic, or a graphic where warping won't matter so much.

Hope that helps.

Toyfare

Stupid question. How do you get freebies of your own shirt? Is it for derbies only? I paid for two of mine :P

Pics coming tomorrow. Maybe.

fablefire

Toyfare wrote:Stupid question. How do you get freebies of your own shirt? Is it for derbies only? I paid for two of mine :P

Pics coming tomorrow. Maybe.

Eh, not so stupid question really. The Monday after Scurvy and TCTP went live, I got an email from Joel that had a code for freebies for the artist. I've never had a daily though so I'm not sure about that. :/

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters
fablefire wrote:I wear a mens medium and a womens large in normal shirts. I also wear a medium as far as mens shirt sizes go on woot. Here's how the womens fit:

WL: Bought Avocado Man in this size, and I'm regretting it. I'm trim, lean, 36" in the bust, and the shirt just fit. The sleeves were a little snug for my baby pythons (although on the other hand it makes my arms look buff). In addition, the graphic was warped looking because of my chest. I'm afraid to try it on again after putting it through the wash.

Verdict: WTB Avocado Man in WXL. :'(

WXL: Fits awesome. The shirt is still snug and form fitting, but doesn't tug at the print, which imo is important when getting a graphic tee. I mean, why buy a graphic tee if it's so snug that the print gets warped?

I swim in a woot mens large btw, so I don't recommend that at all. WXL was way smaller than L.

Also note that the women's shirt use the smaller print screens. If the design has detail, you'll see it better on a mens M.

...and for anyone curious which shirts I have in which size:

Mental Notes - Mens Large
Avocado Man - Womens Large
Say No To Scurvy - Mens Large, Mens Medium, Women's XLarge (yes, I used my freebies to check out size and print differences XD )

So my rule of thumb now is basically get a mens medium if the graphic is large in area and has a long latitude over my chest, and WXL if it's a smaller graphic, or a graphic where warping won't matter so much.

Hope that helps.

Yes! Thank you so much. I was going to order WL but I'm glad you told me about all of this...I would have been a sad Caiters if my shirt arrived and it was too snug. I too have large upper arms, but not really a big bust so warping the picture isn't that big of a concern for me.

www.c8-bit.com

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Toyfare wrote:Okay! I'll do it today after I take a shower. I know I'm a slacker. I hope you don't mind camera phone pix.

although since i just got my Touring w/ G i'll try tomorrow....

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Shrimp Buffet. If you like how it came out, the picture links straight to the purchase page:

Toyfare

A tad belated, with the holidays and all. Here is my t-shirt design "Take Me Out" . Aaron (Me on left) and Kyra (my fiancee, on the right). I'm sporting a XXXL tee and Kyra is rocking a male's XL tee. Make sure to buy it before it's gone forever!

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
alexbrewer wrote:I'm loving the 2145 shirt I bought Sunday and voted for in the Derby.

I saw a kid in one of my classes wearing this one, and at the same time a guy i know said his roommate bought it as well, I'm surprised it fell out of the reckoning so quickly...

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Ok, the new camera FINALLY got here. So now some pics of different sized shirts.
First, I'm (I hope) obviously female, 5'0", 140 lbs. Normally a size 10 or medium to large shirts. All washed shirts were washed inside out and dried on high heat normally. (I highly recommend you hang dry or use low heat).

Womens Large (washed)

Womens X-Large (unwashed)

Womens X-Large (washed)

Mens Large (washed)

Mens Large (unwashed)

Mens X Large (washed)

For Pensketch

And for comparison, this is a womens Bella babydoll tee size M

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

The M babydoll and the Woot WL are all pretty snug across the chest after washing & drying, and also a little tight in the arms. WXL fits nice, and I have bigger arms but it fits the arms and through the shoulders. Mens L is a nice baggy roomy fit. The XL is a friggin tent (at 1am I can't see the difference between XL and WXL). I ordered 2 random mens Large tees, and am now kinda wishing I'd gotten mens Medium.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

Got my Dissipate shirt. Came out great. Love the "IBM" especially -- it seems to be a sparkly ink -- I don't know if that is something that Woot did on purpose or a side effect of the screen printing.

kickfroggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickfroggy
AttilaTheMom wrote:The XL is a friggin tent (at 1am I can't see the difference between XL and WXL). I ordered 2 random mens Large tees, and am now kinda wishing I'd gotten mens Medium.

I'm 5' have broad shoulders and am chestfully blessed -- the men's M fit's perfectly without being too snug or too baggy anywhere, I only get L/XL only to sleep in b/c they often go down to my knees.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

Ladies, need some input.

I am five feet tall (or short as the case may be), 140 lbs, and am average size, (keep fairly tone). My dilemma is always my bust, I measure 41 1/2 inches in the bustal region and have a short "trunk" that quickly goes down to a 32" inch waist. Short Torso. blah hee hee

Anyway, should I go with a men's sizing? Anyone with similar numbers?

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.