+ Add a Comment

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
superspryte wrote:Sounds good. It'll be interesting to compare. I'm guessing you got yours on the first day too?



yep...got it the first day...wife says it's too hard to read, but i don't know...seems fine to me...I think the flash washes it out a little more than it really is.




Got my Take It Back today too...it looks GREAT! the light blue really pops off the dark shirt....love it.



eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
superspryte wrote:Send me one and I will. Both of my woot shirts were gifts...like my sig suggests, I spend all my money on wine.



Did you buy the launch wine? I'm on the fence. 1) It's a launch. 2) It's a LAUNCH WINE! but, I don't like reds. I wasn't a fan of Humbug. meep. =/

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
brizz wrote:yep...got it the first day...wife says it's too hard to read, but i don't know...seems fine to me...I think the flash washes it out a little more than it really is.



Why no dragon in sig?

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

lukekim91


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekim91
eyeslikesugar wrote:I am the ONLY one who loves this shirt


Those are all of my Sunday coupons on my head, (the rest are in a lunchbox) and the unicorn is covering up my messy nightstand.

Sorry so bad... just a quick pic, because no one's posted the coupon shirt yet. ;)



whoa-cool shirt design-just voted for yours

just a lil man that loves to draw and look at people's drawings...

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
lukekim91 wrote:whoa-cool shirt design-just voted for yours



Why, Thank you! =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
eyeslikesugar wrote:Why no dragon in sig?



it was for my daughter - so I don't count it

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Hey all, can anyone that bought my blob design or matador shirt post a pic?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tgentry wrote:Hey all, can anyone that bought my blob design or matador shirt post a pic?



I don't have a pic of the matador, but my friend bought one for his GF, and it looked amazing.

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
tgentry wrote:Hey all, can anyone that bought my blob design or matador shirt post a pic?



i saw a picture of the blob one somewhere

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:yep...got it the first day...wife says it's too hard to read, but i don't know...seems fine to me...I think the flash washes it out a little more than it really is.



Interesting. Both my pink and the brighter green are mare muted than that. Looking back at my photos, the colors are pretty accurate in my headless posting.

AdderXYU wrote:pretty much. Though I'm also in the quandary of "cute girl makes bad shirt look good", and trying to wrap my head around it


Well, which shirt? If you're talking about the coupons one, yes it works. If you're talking about Decomposition I'll probably have to hurt you because it's an awesome shirt. ^_~

eyeslikesugar wrote:Did you buy the launch wine? I'm on the fence. 1) It's a launch. 2) It's a LAUNCH WINE! but, I don't like reds. I wasn't a fan of Humbug. meep. =/


Not yet. I'm job hunting and need to worry about that first. Unfortunately I really really want this. Also, not all reds are created equal, but this is a big pricetag for someone who doesn't know if she's going to like it. The reviews in the forums are great so I'm inclined to say that these need to be added to my arsenal...just not sure when. As you can see from my sig most of my wines are reds.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
superspryte wrote:Not yet. I'm job hunting and need to worry about that first. Unfortunately I really really want this. Also, not all reds are created equal, but this is a big pricetag for someone who doesn't know if she's going to like it. The reviews in the forums are great so I'm inclined to say that these need to be added to my arsenal...just not sure when. As you can see from my sig most of my wines are reds.



Most of Woot's wines are reds. Or at least from as long as I've started watching them. (For one a week, not too many have passed me by) Although, I'm SO dissapointed in not getting the 'ice-style' wines. I could kick myself. =/ I'm not too picky with my wines. I just hate the DRY wines. I'm a Riesling fan through-and-through. And like you said, it's a big pricetag for someone who doesn't know if she's going to like it. I could always buy it, try it, and if it's not too good.. well, then it's an excuse to have another wine party. ;) Make everyone else drink it.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

wizard7926


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
eyeslikesugar wrote:I am the ONLY one who loves this shirt (I Heart Coups)



... yes?

[MOD: No advertising please]

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Just got my DaVinci Shirt today. I think it printed nicely. The dark brown isn't quite as dark as I envisioned, but that's probably because the asphalt tee is a darker gray than the original template color. Still, I love the subtlety and romance in the colors woot used. The more muted brown actually adds to the flighty, romantic feel that I wanted from the design. I think the colors gives the design an aged, antiqued look. Thanks to the early poster in the shirt forum who mentioned that this is not 'too girly'. After seeing the asphalt tshirt color in person, I definitely think this is a design a male or female could wear. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it on the body.



If you're on the fence about this design, be sure to make your decision before Monday. Right now, it is scheduled to be reckoned by Monday night given it's current rank. You can purchase the shirt here until Monday January 21st.


edit:
The design looks a bit small on the unstretched shirt, but if you see it on the body, it definitely looks larger. Here's a picture of me in the Women's Large size. (For reference, I'm 6ft tall.) The sweater jacket is a traditional purple color and the pants are black. So, you can see that my camera adds a slight steel blue color to the shirt. Don't know why it's doing this.


One more that is a bit fuzzy.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
klswoot wrote:Just got my DaVinci Shirt today. I think it printed nicely. The dark brown isn't quite as dark as I envisioned, but that's probably because the asphalt tee is a darker gray than the original template color. Still, I love the subtlety and romance in the colors woot used. The more muted brown actually adds to the flighty, romantic feel that I wanted from the design. I think the colors gives the design an aged, antiqued look. Thanks to the early poster in the shirt forum who mentioned that this is not 'too girly'. After seeing the asphalt tshirt color in person, I definitely think this is a design a male or female could wear. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it on the body.



If you're on the fence about this design, be sure to make your decision before Monday. Right now, it is scheduled to be reckoned by Monday night given it's current rank. You can purchase the shirt here until Monday January 21st.



Mine shipped today! I'm excited. =D It looks VERY nice. =) much better than I envisioned.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eyeslikesugar wrote:Mine shipped today! I'm excited. =D It looks VERY nice. =) much better than I envisioned.



Hi ELS!
The design looks smaller on the shirt, but then I realized that the shirt is SO narrow. The design looks larger once your body stretches the fabric. I think you'll be pleased.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
klswoot wrote:Just got my DaVinci Shirt today. I think it printed nicely. The dark brown isn't quite as dark as I envisioned, but that's probably because the asphalt tee is a darker gray than the original template color. Still, I love the subtlety and romance in the colors woot used. The more muted brown actually adds to the flighty, romantic feel that I wanted from the design. I think the colors gives the design an aged, antiqued look. Thanks to the early poster in the shirt forum who mentioned that this is not 'too girly'. After seeing the asphalt tshirt color in person, I definitely think this is a design a male or female could wear. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it on the body.



If you're on the fence about this design, be sure to make your decision before Monday. Right now, it is scheduled to be reckoned by Monday night given it's current rank. You can purchase the shirt here until Monday January 21st.


THAT'S what Asphalt looks like?!??!? it's NOTHING like what it's represented as in the template!



Frankly, I like it a LOT better than what woot shows it as....but that's pretty damned disingenuous. hmmmmmm.


AlvinPing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
eyeslikesugar wrote:I am the ONLY one who loves this shirt


Those are all of my Sunday coupons on my head, (the rest are in a lunchbox) and the unicorn is covering up my messy nightstand.

Sorry so bad... just a quick pic, because no one's posted the coupon shirt yet. ;)




HEY THAT'S MY SHIRT! Hehehe Thanks for buying one and posting a pic up. Even though it died in reckoning (dropped to 26th of 27 places or something like that, in the first week), it will forever live on in this thread. (...and on the bodies of the other 1250 people that got one! )

  • Alvin

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
brizz wrote:THAT'S what Asphalt looks like?!??!? it's NOTHING like what it's represented as in the template!

Frankly, I like it a LOT better than what woot shows it as....but that's pretty damned disingenuous. hmmmmmm.



It's pretty close to the template color. My photograph was taken with a flash, so it seems a bit more blue-grey. The asphalt is a dark, smokey gray. At least that's how I would describe it. I like it. I think it's a nice neutral color that should be easy for both sexes to wear.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
klswoot wrote:It's pretty close to the template color. My photograph was taken with a flash, so it seems a bit more blue-grey. The asphalt is a dark, smokey gray. At least that's how I would describe it. I like it. I think it's a nice neutral color that should be easy for both sexes to wear.



I agree.. asphalt is MUCH grayer than displayed in that picture.. I have two: Penguins Bribing Polar Bears and BFF; well.. three soon. =) I personally love the colour; not as dark as black, but still dark =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eyeslikesugar wrote:I agree.. asphalt is MUCH grayer than displayed in that picture.. I have two: Penguins Bribing Polar Bears and BFF; well.. three soon. =) I personally love the colour; not as dark as black, but still dark =)



Hi ELS- I know you read the above posts before I edited it with the picture on the body, so here's another picture with additional information.

The design looks a bit small on the unstretched shirt, but if you see it on the body, it definitely looks larger. Here's a picture of me in the Women's Large size. (For reference, I'm 6ft tall.) The sweater jacket is a traditional purple color and the pants are black. So, you can see that my camera adds a slight steel blue color to the shirt. Don't know why it's doing this.


One more that is a bit fuzzy.

I like it!

If you wanted the DaVinci shirt, but didn't buy it on day one, be sure to make your decision before Monday. Right now, it is scheduled to be reckoned by Monday night given it's current rank. You can purchase the shirt here until Monday January 21st.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

jbed keeps posting this in the derby chat.....so i've taken the liberty to put it here!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:jbed keeps posting this in the derby chat.....so i've taken the liberty to put it here!



He already did that a couple pages ago. :-P

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

A shirt so nice....i bought it twice.



jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
brizz wrote:jbed keeps posting this in the derby chat.....so i've taken the liberty to put it here!



l o l.... get tired of seeing it over there brizz?
And i guess it's mine and superspryte's fault that everyone started posting their pictures over there. What a night of pictures!

iamthom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthom

Just got my Angry Day shirt today. Very pleased with the quality! This is my first woot purchase so I was testing out the sizing. American Apparel shirts are strangely shaped and very long =\ On threadless I used to go with women sizes since I like them tighter. Here I went for a Womens Medium. The only thing I hate is the sleeves are high, which was somewhat expected.





Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics hohoho =D

Ordered Arrrrgyle in a guys small. I tried desperately to determine what would fit me jejeje. A guys small (34/36) can range to very big or just perfect on me.... =\

iamthom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthom
gutsmasher77 wrote:

Got my aaargyle shirt today and its aaarrrsome!

Buy "aaarrrgyle!"



youre the reason i bought this shirt today. Looks better on the actual shirt.

AnGeLiCbOrIs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

goldfishinapicklejar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
iamthom wrote:Just got my Angry Day shirt today. Very pleased with the quality! This is my first woot purchase so I was testing out the sizing. American Apparel shirts are strangely shaped and very long =\ On threadless I used to go with women sizes since I like them tighter. Here I went for a Womens Medium. The only thing I hate is the sleeves are high, which was somewhat expected.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics hohoho =D

Ordered Arrrrgyle in a guys small. I tried desperately to determine what would fit me jejeje. A guys small (34/36) can range to very big or just perfect on me.... =\



Mens Small = Womens Medium with normal sleeves. You have the same body size as me, I'd go for mens small if the sleeves bother you. You can see the unshrunk one of my candy corn one a few pages back.
Actually, don't look at that, it's huge since i hadn't washed it yet. It fits like the angry day you're wearing with normal sleeves.

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

Wow, this thread really makes me want to buy some shirts that I originally had no interest in! Who knew there were so many hot chicks on Woot? ELS and Superspryte need to buy more shirts :P


iamthom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthom
goldfishinapicklejar wrote:Mens Small = Womens Medium with normal sleeves. You have the same body size as me, I'd go for mens small if the sleeves bother you. You can see the unshrunk one of my candy corn one a few pages back.
Actually, don't look at that, it's huge since i hadn't washed it yet. It fits like the angry day you're wearing with normal sleeves.




Oh wow you were exactly right. I got my mens small Arrrgyle shirt yesterday and it was a lot bigger than my womens medium. I was a little disappiointed since the pattern looks goofy when baggy. Gave it good wash and a good dry, shrunk down almost to a perfect fit. Could be a tad bit smaller but Im sure it sill has a bit more to go in another good washing. Its niice now =)

cheesesandwich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
cheesesandwich wrote:Don't forget to buy "A HOUND'S TOOTH" (click the link in my signature). It turned out really well. Very crisp and bold. Make a statement without saying a word you guys!



it's getting reckoned soon... take a look while it lasts

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn

Eating Healthy arrived: (taking these pics myself, so sorry about the angle)

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn

don't think I have posted Apathy Monster either, here tis

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

clintondavidn wrote:Eating Healthy arrived: (taking these pics myself, so sorry about the angle)



Great! Looks like yours printed very nicely. Love me that asphault shirt. Thanks for posting those!

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I decided to post some of my shirts that no one has posted up here yet. I love how my hair progressively gets messier as I take off/put on shirts..


Xmas is Ribs! (it is, really.)

We Wish You An Ugly Christmas

As a knitter, I appreciate the difficulty of Fair Isle knitting. Knew I had to have this shirt..

And a normal picture..
I've Heard of the 70's

I loves me some apostrophe. =)
If someone's posted this (I looked back and couldn't find it) I apologize.
So here are the shirts, all reckoned, except for the 70's.. so if you're on the fence, here's how it looks. =3

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

lilacjive


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive
eyeslikesugar wrote:I decided to post some of my shirts that no one has posted up here yet. I loe how my hair progressively gets messier as I take off/put on shirts..


Xmas is Ribs! (it is, really.)

We Wish You An Ugly Christmas

As a knitter, I appreciate the difficulty of Fair Isle knitting. Knew I had to have this shirt..

And a normal picture..
I've Heard of the 70's

I loves me some apostrophe. =)
If someone's posted this (I looked back and couldn't find it) I apologize.
So here are the shirts, all reckoned, except for the 70's.. so if you're on the fence, here's how it looks. =3




I thought I was the only knitter around here, hello!

I didn't buy that shirt though...

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
eyeslikesugar wrote: I love how my hair progressively gets messier as I take off/put on shirts..



Yet you still look great in all of them

primaryism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages primaryism

I also bought X Mas is ribs! And I knit too!! And I love fair isle!!!



eyeslikesugar wrote:I decided to post some of my shirts that no one has posted up here yet. I love how my hair progressively gets messier as I take off/put on shirts..


Xmas is Ribs! (it is, really.)

We Wish You An Ugly Christmas

As a knitter, I appreciate the difficulty of Fair Isle knitting. Knew I had to have this shirt..

And a normal picture..
I've Heard of the 70's

I loves me some apostrophe. =)
If someone's posted this (I looked back and couldn't find it) I apologize.
So here are the shirts, all reckoned, except for the 70's.. so if you're on the fence, here's how it looks. =3



primaryism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages primaryism

First, I'd like to thank 15 year old girls for setting the precedent for the poses, faces, and angles that it requires for a woman to look like a tramp on the internet.

Now: My woot shirt collection!

Cube One Women's Medium



Obtained in a three-random-shirt-off. If you want it, PM me and I will mail it to you.

Sci Fi weenie Roast Women's Medium



Obtained in a three-random-shirt-off. It's tigher than any other Women's Medium and since I have a competitively-sized bust I can't breathe in it. it's already found another owner.

cPiy THINK Women's Large



I paid $15 for this! I love it!!

Unfriendly Locals Women's Large



I love this shirt against all reason. It didn't photograph well, unfortunately, but nobody cares because you are all scrolling past this shirt really fast while booing or you're throwing tomatoes at your screen.

X-MAS IS RIBS!t Women's Large



It took me six hours and two people telling me not to buy this shirt in order to convince me that I really wanted it. It made me so happy!!

The Tree that for whatever reason looks good Women's Medium



Obtained on Random Shirt Day. Took me by surprise, considering how boring it is, but I really enjoy wearing it.

BFF Women's Large



Wah. It's a little larger than all the other Women's Larges I have, plus I stained it while I was cooking with oil. Another shirt that everyone is probably booing at but that's not my problem.