+ Add a Comment

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
gutsmasher77 wrote:

Got my aaargyle shirt today and its aaarrrsome!

Buy "aaarrrgyle!"

Wow, that is just... classy. I really want that shirt now. And that's bad, because I'm currently wearing a Grass shirt (It Could've Been a Giant...).

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

Does anyone have any pics of mine yet? I'm really curious how it looks on.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mihalis aya wrote:Does anyone have any pics of mine yet? I'm really curious how it looks on.

No, it is still wandering the country. Should be here this week.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mens M, right out of the bag, not washed.
Son is 6 foot, 145 lbs. He thinks.
Thinks? Wow, guys don't even know what they weigh? I still remember what I weighed at his age!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Same guy, different shirt. Also a M, but washed many times.
What? You guys don't buy clothes to match your pets????

Yes, it is a rat. They make amazingly nice pets, sort of like little cats. But you should have 2 so you don't have to be the only friend the rat has.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
blahmcblah wrote:Wow, that is just... classy. I really want that shirt now. And that's bad, because I'm currently wearing a Grass shirt (It Could've Been a Giant...).

Yaaaaaaay! *gives you a cookie* =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
eyeslikesugar wrote:Yaaaaaaay! *gives you a cookie* =D

Sweet, cookie! What would you have given me if I'd actually gotten the name of the shirt right? :P I'll make sure to get it right when I post a pic.

eyeslikesugar

dontwantaname wrote:Same guy, different shirt. Also a M, but washed many times.

Yes, it is a rat. They make amazingly nice pets, sort of like little cats. But you should have 2 so you don't have to be the only friend the rat has.

Rats are soooo cute!; also they're such smart animals. And I do buy shirts to match my pets =)

eyeslikesugar

blahmcblah wrote:Sweet, cookie! What would you have given me if I'd actually gotten the name of the shirt right? :P I'll make sure to get it right when I post a pic.

Hahaha.. any love for my shirt, is love. I am bad at titles anyway. My boyfriend has named all of my designs. But, for noticing.. you get delicious cake..

You must eat it. =D

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eyeslikesugar wrote:Rats are soooo cute!; also they're such smart animals. And I do buy shirts to match my pets =)

I dare not ask what pet matches your Cake is a Liar shirt

And Primarismamasmim, thanks for the shots of some rarely or never seen shirts (cube one, BFF, etc). Also, very committed execution on the "comps"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

eyeslikesugar wrote:Rats are soooo cute!; also they're such smart animals. And I do buy shirts to match my pets =)

Male? Maybe we can get them together!

Rats also love to hang out on shoulders and I think that consider boobies just extra shoulders.
I'll make sure Splinter is in all my woot shirt photos!
I just got angry day and I'm waiting on the pen one. Should be here this week.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

eyeslikesugar

dontwantaname wrote:Male? Maybe we can get them together!

Rats also love to hang out on shoulders and I think that consider boobies just extra shoulders.
I'll make sure Splinter is in all my woot shirt photos!
I just got angry day and I'm waiting on the pen one. Should be here this week.

Aww the animal in my pic is my hamster. I do love rats a pets though, and encourage them, as they are clean, intelligent animals which have a horrible stigma about them.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

blahmcblah wrote:Wow, that is just... classy. I really want that shirt now. And that's bad, because I'm currently wearing a Grass shirt (It Could've Been a Giant...).

I have to agree, seeing the aaarrrgyle shirt in action really makes me want to pick one up.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
tgentry wrote:I have to agree, seeing the aaarrrgyle shirt in action really makes me want to pick one up.

PM TGentry...

cjupiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

Here are three different sizes, before washing. I'm 5'5", 150, 38" bust. I think I'll stick with the WXL if shrinkage becomes a factor.
Screaming Monkey, WM:

Day Off, M (men's):

Angry Day, WXL:

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
cjupiter wrote:Here are three different sizes, before washing. I'm 5'5", 150, 38" bust. I think I'll stick with the WXL if shrinkage becomes a factor.
Screaming Monkey, WM:

Day Off, M (men's):

Angry Day, WXL:

Damn that screaming monkey looks better on you than it does me. Maybe i'll take a picture with it on at some point.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
jbedwar1 wrote:Damn that screaming monkey looks better on you than it does me. Maybe i'll take a picture with it on at some point.

I love the screaming monkey shirt. I found one on ebay for $3.00. I wasn't around on shirt.woot when it was offered, so I had to find it elsewhere. It looks like a few people might be selling the shirts they got in the random tshirt offer on ebay at at reasonable prices.

jbedwar1

klswoot wrote:I love the screaming monkey shirt. I found one on ebay for $3.00. I wasn't around on shirt.woot when it was offered, so I had to find it elsewhere. It looks like a few people might be selling the shirts they got in the random tshirt offer on ebay at at reasonable prices.

Well actually the screaming monkey Tee was not for sale on shirt.woot i dont think. It was sold on the original woot site just before they opened up shirt.woot
And i must say ... i was not a fan of shirt.woot when it first opened. I didn't like ANY of the shirts that were being sold. But then i started getting interested in the derbies and started seeing more and more shirts i wanted.

cjupiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

The monkey shirt got me hooked... it was the last item sold in a Woot-off, and when it (finally) arrived there was a cute cartoon about how to make it into a cape. :-)

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

eyeslikesugar

klswoot wrote:I love the screaming monkey shirt. I found one on ebay for $3.00. I wasn't around on shirt.woot when it was offered, so I had to find it elsewhere. It looks like a few people might be selling the shirts they got in the random tshirt offer on ebay at at reasonable prices.

Not anymore.. I got one on ebay for $10 which was the wrong size. Looked again and the only one available in my size is $45.. erm.. no thanks. so I guess I'll lose weight or sell it later.

klswoot

jbedwar1 wrote:Well actually the screaming monkey Tee was not for sale on shirt.woot i dont think. It was sold on the original woot site just before they opened up shirt.woot
And i must say ... i was not a fan of shirt.woot when it first opened. I didn't like ANY of the shirts that were being sold. But then i started getting interested in the derbies and started seeing more and more shirts i wanted.

@JBedWar
Thanks for the history lesson. Didn't know where the screaming monkey came from.

@ELS- Wow! I just bought my $3.00 ones about a week ago. She was selling about 7 of them and I bought 2. Each for only $3.00. She may still have the other ones available. I'll PM you her eBay id and maybe you can get one that she didn't sell.

ELS - Check your PM.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
primaryism wrote:The Tree that for whatever reason looks good Women's Medium

Obtained on Random Shirt Day. Took me by surprise, considering how boring it is, but I really enjoy wearing it.

Nice to see my shirt again after so long. I'm glad you enjoy it in spite of its boringness (it is -- I know!).

razerz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razerz
dontwantaname wrote:Same guy, different shirt. Also a M, but washed many times.

Whoa hey! Your rat looks just like mine, same smudge down his hood-line and everything. I'll take it yours is a boy too? If not you've got yourself a rather lazy appearing female. [I like males for their lazyness and their tendency to be completely food driven.]
And here I am trying to figure out which woot shirt you have on, how could I have missed one! X)

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
razerz wrote:And here I am trying to figure out which woot shirt you have on, how could I have missed one! X)

That was Sore Thumbs, the first non-Woot-related shirt sold on this site. (It's been reckoned for a while now, though!)

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
geekfactor12 wrote:That was Sore Thumbs, the first non-Woot-related shirt sold on this site. (It's been reckoned for a while now, though!)

That designer does some nice work

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

geekfactor12

MHBoston wrote:That designer does some nice work

hohoho, thanks- I was wondering if anyone would catch that!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

razerz wrote:Whoa hey! Your rat looks just like mine, same smudge down his hood-line and everything. I'll take it yours is a boy too? If not you've got yourself a rather lazy appearing female. [I like males for their lazyness and their tendency to be completely food driven.]
And here I am trying to figure out which woot shirt you have on, how could I have missed one! X)

Yep, male.
Sore thumbs is the shirt...one of the first ones

That is my son, who bought the rat and then three months later went to college and left the rat for me.
I'm thinking the rat is now my favorite child! Espically now that he stopped peeing on me.
I can't see a down side in a pet rat, other the fact they only live 2 to 3 years.
Nothing like all the other little rodents I've had over the years.
He is a real pet. Goes to the vet. Went on vacation with us (had to buy a new cage for that).
He knows me and he loves me, just like a dog would!

Besides, he know who has been feeding him!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

aheav83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aheav83
mihalis aya wrote:Does anyone have any pics of mine yet? I'm really curious how it looks on.

Hey I just got it yesterday. I love the design and concept, but it is very hard to see the purple ink. Most of the design practically blends right into the asphalt shirt. I'll try and get a picture of it sometime soon.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I love seeing actual shirts on actual people instead of Block squares!

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
aheav83 wrote:Hey I just got it yesterday. I love the design and concept, but it is very hard to see the purple ink. Most of the design practically blends right into the asphalt shirt. I'll try and get a picture of it sometime soon.

Yes, it's a beautiful design, but I do wish it had been on the AA silver rather than asphalt. It would've shown up so much better. Still love it, though!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

parkermc wrote:Yes, it's a beautiful design, but I do wish it had been on the AA silver rather than asphalt. It would've shown up so much better. Still love it, though!

I'm going to try bleaching it, like I did with cool breeze.
I took a before picture, I'l try to post the before and after by tomorrow.

It is in the wash. Hope I don't kill it.

Don't try it until mine come out of the dryer! No reason to kill more than my two shirts!
They are in the dryer now.

This is weird as it gets.
The shirt turned brown.
Yes, brown

The design is totally visable! But the shirt is brown.
Those two shirts started out the same color.
I am very, very confused.

If you want to try, this is what I did.
Med water level. One cup of bleach and about 1/4 cup of bathroom mildew cleaner.
Why? Because the first person to try bleaching out a woot shirt to make the design show must have only had mildew cleaner. That is what he used. I tried plain bleach on that shirt (cool breeze) and nothing much happened. I tried again with more bleach and the mildew stuff and it worked.

I put the shirt on normal cycle and checked before it spun the first time....nothing much seemed to happen, so I reset the washer on long cycle and let it run. Opened it up and found the brown shirts.
My size L and my daughters womens S.

PUT THE WATER AND BLEACH IN FRIST, LET IT MIX A LITTLE (a few seconds on wash) THEN ADD THE SHIRTS!!!!!
Don't pour bleach into the water with the shirts in it....you might spot the shirts.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mens M, washed, hot dryer. 6 foot 145 lbs

Mens large, washed , hot dryer
5'5" 160 lbs. I'm big on top....lets just say bigger than anyone who has posted yet.
I'm also old, so I don't want tight in the middle where all the chubby bunny decided to move a few years ago.

Sorry, Splinter the rat didn't show up that well.

Shirt gods, if you see this...note, I am chubby bunny, but not huge. I bet the WXXL would sell!
The womens XL is just a little smaller than the mens L.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Last thing tonight

For you guys wondering if the womens small will fit your kids

It is 24 inches long and 14 inches wide after it is washed.
That is measured flat on the floor.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

klswoot

Boris - Great pictures. The shirt printed really nicely. It's a bit busy for my tastes, but the print is really great!

jbedwar1

aheav83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aheav83

Hmm thanks for the info. I'm liking the brown full of ink, it may be worth trying. Especially if the design will show up so much better.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

My Full of Ink is too big. T_T Hopefully it will shrink some in the wash....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

klswoot

If anyone is interested, I took the recommendation made by another poster ("dontwantaname") to bleach my "Taking Flight" shirt to see if I could get the design to "pop" a bit more. The dark brown was difficult to see on the asphalt gray and I wanted to see what would happen if I lightened the shirt.

When I bleached the shirt, the background turned from steel gray to a warm brown. It's actually quite nice and complements the cream and brown in the original design.

I washed twice on a normal cycle with 1 c of bleach. (Added it to the water and let the water fill, then added the shirts.)

geekfactor12

That looks really awesome, klswoot! I think I like the new color even better.

Does anyone have an unbleached Full of Ink? I don't think I saw an image posted, and I'm curious about the visibility.