geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
SkekTek wrote:So... if you have a really good design you want to send directly to shirt.woot, who do you send it to? I've got a few that I don't want to enter just because I like them soo much.

It's in the What is Woot area, right here.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I'm working on this while I try to convince my daughter to make an entry. So far she has a nice dragon with a kid sleeping next to it. still a rough sketch, but could be cool.

Anyway, this is the dream of the sleeping blue headed guy there. I'm going to have more butterflies, maybe with his color and the butterfly switched. I'll be back, but not for a couple of hours. still, any suggestions or comments will be read and acted on. thanks.

Josephus

geekfactor12 wrote:It's in the What is Woot area, right here.

I got a really frustrating reply once. He didn't like the overall design, but one part of it he said "That'd sell a ton of shirts"

So I made a bunch of designs using that part of the design, and never heard a word back. I think he's right about it, I just have to get it in the right setting. and no, I'm not going to show it.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Any comments? Shirt color suggestions? When I made this I did it on royal blue but now I'm not sure. I'm open to placement ideas too. Thanks

Josephus

shan24 wrote:
Any comments? Shirt color suggestions? When I made this I did it on royal blue but now I'm not sure. I'm open to placement ideas too. Thanks

Isn't this awfully dark for royal blue?
anyway, those little white circles you have as reflected light on the bubbles? they all need to be in the same place on all the bubbles or they look wrong. all the bubbles are spheres, and they are all reflecting the same thing, so it has to be in the same place, OR it has to vary with their relative position from the source. yours don't do that, and it makes the picture look subtly 'off'.

Otherwise it's quite cool.

shan24

Josephus wrote:Isn't this awfully dark for royal blue?
anyway, those little white circles you have as reflected light on the bubbles? they all need to be in the same place on all the bubbles or they look wrong. all the bubbles are spheres, and they are all reflecting the same thing, so it has to be in the same place, OR it has to vary with their relative position from the source. yours don't do that, and it makes the picture look subtly 'off'.

Otherwise it's quite cool.

Well this one is on navy, I was just saying that when I designed it I designed it for the royal blue shirt but then I changed my mind when it was done. I think it looks better on navy.

Thanks for pointing that out about the white circles, I thought I had most of them in the same spot but I do see some that are off.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
shan24 wrote:

This is... wow... speechless... It's really good!!! I like hte placement, and the dark color really sets the design off.

SkekTek

geekfactor12 wrote:It's in the What is Woot area, right here.

Thanks! I'll give it a go with two.

Josephus

my best shot, I think.

Cloverfield dreamer

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

The puckers, they dream in color!!

Thank you for your consideration and appreciation, and have a great day!

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Please Vote!

Josephus

Hey, thanks for all the votes! Even if you don't vote, take a look at the detail picture of the Cloverfield Kid, he's really cute.

shan24

Joe...I haven't seen Cloverfield...is that really related to the movie?

shan24

Please vote! Thanks!

Josephus

shan24 wrote:Joe...I haven't seen Cloverfield...is that really related to the movie?

heh. no. Somebody said something in the shirt thread before the contest started about it being a kid's dream of being the cloverfield monster. I thought it was clever. Apparently the Cloverfield monster is very very large, though.

he is pretty cute when he isn't really, really mad:

feel free to vote for him :^D

SkekTek

Here's my nightmare design. Submitted, but I'm happy to take critical comments...

shan24

Josephus wrote:heh. no. Somebody said something in the shirt thread before the contest started about it being a kid's dream of being the cloverfield monster. I thought it was clever. Apparently the Cloverfield monster is very very large, though.

he is pretty cute when he isn't really, really mad:

feel free to vote for him :^D

He is sooooo cute! Look at those adorable blue eyes. I'll have to post a pic of my adorable blue-eyed sons as well. heh

And I knew we'd see a moon entry from you in this derby, I like it. My dog definitely dreams...he dreams he's chasing bunnies in the meadow.

SkekTek

Jellyfishalicious...

Josephus

shan24 wrote:He is sooooo cute! Look at those adorable blue eyes. I'll have to post a pic of my adorable blue-eyed sons as well. heh

And I knew we'd see a moon entry from you in this derby, I like it. My dog definitely dreams...he dreams he's chasing bunnies in the meadow.

He's like this little light of sunshine and happy wonder that got turned onto all of us, the older kids too, not just his mom and dad.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Jellyfishalicious...

how old is he? 4 or 5?

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:how old is he? 4 or 5?

Just turned five. Bought an XL of the jellyfish shirt.. it's so big noone in the house can wear it.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Here's my nightmare design. Submitted, but I'm happy to take critical comments...

I always pictured the monster peeling off my blanket with just his fingernail.

THanks for actually making it a true visual.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
SkekTek wrote:Here's my nightmare design. Submitted, but I'm happy to take critical comments...

Very Scary! nice job Skek!

SkekTek

darthv8r wrote:Very Scary! nice job Skek!

Thanks v8r! I debated not putting the mouth outline for about a half hour. Left it in, but thinking it should have been just the teeth.

Oh yeah, I've put all my major t-shirt designs up on a central website if anyone wants to take a peek at my "portfolio" of shirt.woots...

Here is the link, hopefully it works.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Thanks v8r! I debated not putting the mouth outline for about a half hour. Left it in, but thinking it should have been just the teeth.

Oh yeah, I've put all my major t-shirt designs up on a central website if anyone wants to take a peek at my "portfolio" of shirt.woots...

sigh. very nice. you have a recognizable style. if I did this it would be all over the place.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
SkekTek wrote:Thanks v8r! I debated not putting the mouth outline for about a half hour. Left it in, but thinking it should have been just the teeth.

Are you planning to start up a shop to sell some of these when they're outside the 60 day period? There are definitely at least a couple that I would buy. Let us know!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:Just turned five. Bought an XL of the jellyfish shirt.. it's so big noone in the house can wear it.

I wear an XL in the woot shirts! (a L in regular ones) Are you calling me chubby bunny!?

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:Are you planning to start up a shop to sell some of these when they're outside the 60 day period? There are definitely at least a couple that I would buy. Let us know!

I definitely am, but having trouble picking the right printing company to use. Cafe Press is the biggest, but they print their designs using fabric printers. I'm leaning towards traditional screening. I could get it done cheap using a local printer but distribution becomes my problem, and I'm not sure about any of the others...

Maybe soon...

SkekTek

FenStar wrote:I wear an XL in the woot shirts! (a L in regular ones) Are you calling me chubby bunny!?

My bad, it was supposed to be 2XL!!!

:O

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:sigh. very nice. you have a recognizable style. if I did this it would be all over the place.

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not recognizable enough to win... The photobucket website is a testament to futility as much as anything else

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a few weeks. Great designs. I voted.

MissLauraB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissLauraB

This is my first design on woot. I hope you like it- my dad encouraged me to enter.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

MissLauraB wrote:This is my first design on woot. I hope you like it- my dad encouraged me to enter.

Great job Laura! Now have your dad make a link for his sig line.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Very nice, LauraB. And also have him make a link so we can vote.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
MissLauraB wrote:This is my first design on woot. I hope you like it- my dad encouraged me to enter.

Great drawing, but you might want to double-check the shirt color- it's looking kind of purple on my screen. (I still voted for it, you just might want to have a back-up version ready for in case it gets rejected)

Josephus

geekfactor12 wrote:Great drawing, but you might want to double-check the shirt color- it's looking kind of purple on my screen. (I still voted for it, you just might want to have a back-up version ready for in case it gets rejected)

Thanks, Ms. geekf. It is the woot shirt color Pantone 7455C they tell us to use for Royal Blue. (she has school tomorrow, gone to bed.) I just checked it right off the Derby entry page- the huh? for design detail link. I know it looks purple, and I appreciate the heads up, ma'am.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Very nice, LauraB. And also have him make a link so we can vote.

if you click the image in her post above, the link is there so you can vote...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:if you click the image in her post above, the link is there so you can vote...

I did vote. YOU need a link for her shirt!
I doubt the school kids have a ton of woot accounts to vote for her!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Jellyfishalicious...

Those two look like they would get along!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Those two look like they would get along!

I have another 2X brown t-shirt from my larger years, and when he wears it, he looks like a jawa! Ooteedee!!!