Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
kenney9226 wrote:Next week-- FLYING PUCKERS!!!!

YAY!!!

Please check it out

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
kenney9226 wrote:Next week-- FLYING PUCKERS!!!!

There will be no stopping them!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:I'm getting discouraged by the shirt derby voters. Two of the four foggers are people with access to vector clip art. And, just like I predicted, they both have wings.

...bleah... no love for original art anymore.

yeah, I got criticized for tracing my own photo which I had chopped to add new titles.

Here's my new design...just finished.

click to vote.

Josephus

close-up

click to vote.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004
jbedwar1 wrote:There will be no stopping them!!

Allegedly

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Here is my latest...take the chicken exit!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

YAY! Both my designs got rejected!

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:*giggles* tee-hees!! that is what I am doing now! damn you Dr. J! but yours looks alot better.

oh well vote for this one please!

edit:here it is, man great minds think alike huh Dr.J

more than you know. I had a paper tacked onto the painting, with several mouths drawn on them, including a pucker, and also one with crooked teeth, but my wife said to take it off.

shan24

SkekTek wrote:YAY! Both my designs got rejected!

I really can't believe the birds got rejected. It fits the theme perfectly if you ask me! Bob just couldn't sit on that wire for one more second. Reminds me of those competitions on shows like Survivor where the last person still standing on the pole or whatever it is, wins.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:I really can't believe the birds got rejected. It fits the theme perfectly if you ask me! Bob just couldn't sit on that wire for one more second. Reminds me of those competitions on shows like Survivor where the last person still standing on the pole or whatever it is, wins.

thanks shan,

The question is really how is something like this rejected, but so many others that are just implying laziness or failure are ok? Maybe my "quit designing shirts" entry encouraged a stricter interpretation of my other design? IE- I'm being singled out as a troublemaker? Or am I just overly paranoid?

I'll resub with a "quit" word in the title and quote. And a friendly support paragraph. I'll see if that works...

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:thanks shan,

The question is really how is something like this rejected, but so many others that are just implying laziness or failure are ok?

...like, oh, I don't know, slackers?
;^)

shan24

Josephus wrote:...like, oh, I don't know, slackers?
;^)

I don't know either...it's a gray area fer shure. I don't think any of the above should be rejected. But to me, a slacker is someone who just isn't doing what they should be. Which is the same thing as quitting, IMO. At some point the slacker could come around, but so could the quitter.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:I don't know either...it's a gray area fer shure. I don't think any of the above should be rejected. But to me, a slacker is someone who just isn't doing what they should be. Which is the same thing as quitting, IMO. At some point the slacker could come around, but so could the quitter.

So what's the difference between quitting and leaving?

But no matter, it's baaaaaaack!!! You can't keep a good pigeon down...

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
SkekTek wrote:So what's the difference between quitting and leaving?

But no matter, it's baaaaaaack!!! You can't keep a good pigeon down...

I voted for it again. I still like the picture, but I liked the other version better. Oh well.

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:I voted for it again. I still like the picture, but I liked the other version better. Oh well.

Thanks! Yeah, the other was better. Actually a version with NO text is best, but so it goes...

Here are two more:

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

VOTE FOR THE JAPANESE PENGUIN!

Please check it out

shan24

Oh well I guess I was the only one who thought this was funny! Fluffy the sheep got such a good result, I thought the chickens might too. Do most people know what a chicken exit is? Someone posted on the derby comments page that they didn't know what it was.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:
Oh well I guess I was the only one who thought this was funny! Fluffy the sheep got such a good result, I thought the chickens might too. Do most people know what a chicken exit is? Someone posted on the derby comments page that they didn't know what it was.

I never heard it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I never heard it.

Me either.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Me either.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

shan24

Wow I can't believe that. Don't you guys ever go to theme parks? waaahhhh :-(
(sorry, I live with a whiny 3-yr old)
btw I hope I didn't come off as snippy, I didn't mean to! Thanks for all your replies. Space Mountain has a chicken exit (or at least they did when I was there) and roller coasters and haunted houses have them a lot of times.

pooflady

shan24 wrote:Wow I can't believe that. Don't you guys ever go to theme parks? waaahhhh :-(
btw I hope I didn't come off as snippy, I didn't mean to! Thanks for all your replies. Space Mountain has a chicken exit (or at least they did when I was there) and roller coasters and haunted houses have them a lot of times.

I don't know about the other two, but I haven't been on a roller coaster in nearly 50 years. It's this thing about throwing up.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shan24 wrote:Wow I can't believe that. Don't you guys ever go to theme parks? waaahhhh :-(

Now that you gave it a context, it rings a bell. It's just out fo the blue, I didn't recall hearing chicken exit.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
SkekTek wrote:thanks shan,

The question is really how is something like this rejected, but so many others that are just implying laziness or failure are ok? Maybe my "quit designing shirts" entry encouraged a stricter interpretation of my other design? IE- I'm being singled out as a troublemaker? Or am I just overly paranoid?

I'll resub with a "quit" word in the title and quote. And a friendly support paragraph. I'll see if that works...

Might've been rejected because it had drug use connotations . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

shan24

pooflady wrote:I don't know about the other two, but I haven't been on a roller coaster in nearly 50 years. It's this thing about throwing up.

See, you are a prime candidate. You can wait in the roller coaster line with your family/friends and then use the chicken exit at the last minute.

Josephus

shan24 wrote:See, you are a prime candidate. You can wait in the roller coaster line with your family/friends and then use the chicken exit at the last minute.

and who wouldn't want that experience?

pooflady

Josephus wrote:and who wouldn't want that experience?

Yeah, thanks anyway. Lead me to the nearest place to sit in the shade and drink something cold.

Josephus

this is what my daughter and I are doing this week.

still have to fix the color and a lot of bits. probably get it done sometime tomorrow.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:this is what my daughter and I are doing this week.

still have to fix the color and a lot of bits. probably get it done sometime tomorrow.

Looks good, but isn't the clothing wrong?

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Looks good, but isn't the clothing wrong?

it's a chain mail shirt. The shoes were supposed to be armor, and I probably screwed her up on the pants. I don't know what the pants are supposed to look like.

oh, man- the toddler just threw up. later.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:it's a chain mail shirt. The shoes were supposed to be armor, and I probably screwed her up on the pants. I don't know what the pants are supposed to look like.

oh, man- the toddler just threw up. later.

Oops. Good luck.

Edit: There's a few pictures of Saint George that might help. I think the chain mail should be longer.

shan24

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
shan24 wrote:

... thanks, shan, for not including the puffy red puckers in your group!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:... thanks, shan, for not including the puffy red puckers in your group!

Yay, youre in the clear!

I lke the meme shirt, shan. Nice. I myself have a nice addition to my animal templates- a rat.

I think the new meme is going to be the clip art wings and other things...

shan24

SkekTek wrote:Yay, youre in the clear!

I lke the meme shirt, shan. Nice. I myself have a nice addition to my animal templates- a rat.

I think the new meme is going to be the clip art wings and other things...

Thanks! Joel rejected the slacker shirt though. Oh well, not like it was doing very well! But I don't know if I would call it a "vast" difference between quitters and slackers.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:Thanks! Joel rejected the slacker shirt though. Oh well, not like it was doing very well! But I don't know if I would call it a "vast" difference between quitters and slackers.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I think they're relaxing on relaxing the guidelines.

My other design was going to be a pointing hand with a NO stamp on it, called "stop touching me"... but I can't do realistic hands to save my life. Then again, the only things I'm good at are animal caricatures and text...

I put two votes in for the memes. Good luck!

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Oops. Good luck.

Edit: There's a few pictures of Saint George that might help. I think the chain mail should be longer.

He's fine. he's been coughing, and sometimes coughing makes him throw up.

thanks. She redrew the guy several times before we settled on that one. I edited it to make the chainmail appear longer, and added some discarded armor. Overall, I think the entry turned out well. I'm hopeful she might get some votes this time..

weirdly, I drew the big cross on his shield in my version of the guy that she made the final guy from, and hadn't seen the Saint George images. Clearly in the past I must have, but sure don't remember. Had to have been years and years ago.

Please vote for her design.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
Josephus wrote:He's fine. he's been coughing, and sometimes coughing makes him throw up.

thanks. She redrew the guy several times before we settled on that one. I edited it to make the chainmail appear longer, and added some discarded armor. Overall, I think the entry turned out well. I'm hopeful she might get some votes this time..

weirdly, I drew the big cross on his shield in my version of the guy that she made the final guy from, and hadn't seen the Saint George images. Clearly in the past I must have, but sure don't remember. Had to have been years and years ago.

I like the design a lot - my suggestion would be to clean up the spot by the dragons foot. That's the only thing that's bothering me about it - other than that, it's quite good (and far better than I could ever do).

edit: GMV

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:He's fine. he's been coughing, and sometimes coughing makes him throw up.

OK, got all my votes! I forgot what I was logged on as when I left a comment.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus

allawayr wrote:I like the design a lot - my suggestion would be to clean up the spot by the dragons foot. That's the only thing that's bothering me about it - other than that, it's quite good (and far better than I could ever do).

edit: GMV

THanks for that suggestion. I'll make sure we clean it up before we send in the print file.