SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I haven't hawked my design for a while. Please consider the following. Question: would it be better without all the other rats? IE- just the drinking one?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I'd say better without the others.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Or add some motion to the other rats.
Alone would be good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:I haven't hawked my design for a while. Please consider the following. Question: would it be better without all the other rats? IE- just the drinking one?

Prof. Tek,

IMHO the lone rat makes a better T-shirt, but the "quitting" theme is a little less clear without the racing rats. Depends on the rejectorator's mood.

no1

SkekTek wrote:I haven't hawked my design for a while. Please consider the following. Question: would it be better without all the other rats? IE- just the drinking one?

Prof. Tek,

The far rear foot on each racing rat looks bigger than the others. Is that intentional?

Um... that is a foot, isn't it?

smilingjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilingjack
no1 wrote:Prof. Tek,

The far rear foot on each racing rat looks bigger than the others. Is that intentional?

With the way you think, I'm surprised you don't have a billion kids!

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Bored? try DODGEBALL. Only on World of Woot.

SkekTek

You have a dirty mind! :O

Thanks for the comments folks. Yeah, that far right was supposed to be a foot. What you saw was hand-drawn, and that leg got a bit bigger than the others.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:You have a dirty mind! :O

Thanks for the comments folks. Yeah, that far right was supposed to be a foot. What you saw was hand-drawn, and that leg got a bit bigger than the others.

...should this move over to the "euphamisms" thread?

Just askin'.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:...should this move over to the "euphamisms" thread?

Just askin'.

//smack

no1

SkekTek wrote:You have a dirty mind! :O

Prof. Tek,

Hey, I was just askin'! I thought it might be a lightsaber or something.

SkekTek

Hey, I was just askin'! I thought it might be a lightsaber or something.

Yeah, my innocent design is "packin' heat".

No matter. The contest will end tomorrow, and clip art will again win a shirt.woot. I'm trying to find out where to get free vector clip art. Anyone know?

SkekTek

What do people think of this?

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha
SkekTek wrote:What do people think of this?

I like it. I do think the fish looks like he's got a lot more out of water than he should, (I know it's leaking, but the fish's body is about a 1/3 out) Maybe make bag a little taller? I like the fish's expression (Oh Poop!)
I like it a lot & I'd probably buy it as is, but was trying to find points of detail.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:What do people think of this?

I'd try it, see how the water leaks in real world. Get a ziplock bag, fill it up, put a pinhole in it, put in pocket, wait. I'm skeptical it would go that far down.
The bag looks great, though. pocket too. It's a shme you don't have one more color to make the orange darker below the water. pretty good one, overall.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:I'd try it, see how the water leaks in real world. Get a ziplock bag, fill it up, put a pinhole in it, put in pocket, wait. I'm skeptical it would go that far down.
The bag looks great, though. pocket too. It's a shme you don't have one more color to make the orange darker below the water. pretty good one, overall.

Yeah, six color limitation means I couldn't do more...

I did a real world test (wife thought I was nuts)- The bottom of the pocket is pretty accurate, and it depended on how long the water was being released as to what happened below the pocket. First, it was just in the pocket. Eventually there were spots down below since the hole was on the back side- more spotty, but eventually spread to a bunch of big circles as the water leaked out the back, down me, and back onto the shirt. So I'm gonna leave it. The long line sells the design I think.

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

having seen leaks in pockets I thought that was very realistic, especially the little bits that go down.
Good Luck!

SkekTek

kalyha wrote:having seen leaks in pockets I thought that was very realistic, especially the little bits that go down.
Good Luck!

Thanks! I fixed the mouth (now it's an upside down U), and now the big debate is two-tone blue water (more symbolic) or two-tone gray water (more realistic). I'm going with gray for now...

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
SkekTek wrote:Thanks! I fixed the mouth (now it's an upside down U), and now the big debate is two-tone blue water (more symbolic) or two-tone gray water (more realistic). I'm going with gray for now...

Ooh I was going to suggest the symbolic blue water. Maybe just a light blue-gray? More blue than gray? It would show the concept to the viewer more quickly. I think this design and concept are great!

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:Ooh I was going to suggest the symbolic blue water. Maybe just a light blue-gray? More blue than gray? It would show the concept to the viewer more quickly. I think this design and concept are great!

Thanks! Actually, on a suggestion, went all green on the water. Saved a color to make the fish two-toned.

Here's the finished version:

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Get Narwhal'd! All the cool kids are doing it!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
darthv8r wrote:Get Narwhal'd! All the cool kids are doing it!

not knocking it, but what happened to quitting?

Ohh yeah and everybody go vote for Dodgeball!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226

You really really love that coffee so much that you do your best to slurp it up when there's a little coffee ring on your shirt...

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:not knocking it, but what happened to quitting?

Now the hard part- I'm too emotionally invested in my design, so if it tanks I'll be real sad...

darthv8r

No last derby I swear! And yes everyone vote for dodgeball!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:You really really love that coffee so much that you do your best to slurp it up when there's a little coffee ring on your shirt...

Glad you went with that idea after we discussed the "stainz" ideas.

darthv8r

No last derby I swear! And yes everyone vote for dodgeball, and my shirt, and my dodgeball entry, and if you have time after all that vote for skek's awesome goldfish!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
darthv8r wrote:No last derby I swear! And yes everyone vote for dodgeball!

sure. . . although you I believe could pull off that statement. Someday maybe I will design something again. Right now my tablet isn't even hooked up.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:sure. . . although you I believe could pull off that statement. Someday maybe I will design something again. Right now my tablet isn't even hooked up.

I'm sheepish to say I have a great tablet on my desk, and I didn't even use it for my fish design.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Please vote!

And I am loving all these designs posted here. Great job everyone. Kenney, I love how Pucker got a mention in the title.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Now the hard part- I'm too emotionally invested in my design, so if it tanks I'll be real sad...

I like the round mouth better.

But, is this going to be like the walrus on l o l cats? Am I going to worry about this fish?
I will need at least a picture of the fish all happy in a bowl!

You still got my votes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:I like the round mouth better.

But, is this going to be like the walrus on l o l cats? Am I going to worry about this fish?
I will need at least a picture of the fish all happy in a bowl!

You still got my votes.

You can always see that the fish is fine here

The network is flaky, so it sometimes does go down.

kenney9226

shan24 wrote:
Please vote!

And I am loving all these designs posted here. Great job everyone. Kenney, I love how Pucker got a mention in the title.

I voted! I hope I don't offend too much with my creative use of "pucker" in my entry this week, but it's the only way to ecplain why the thing was trying to slurp up the spilled coffee there, right? Yeah, that's the ticket...

I like the wide variety of ideas this week!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:
You can always see that the fish is fine here

The network is flaky, so it sometimes does go down.

L OL, what are those guys in that tank?
Now you have shamed me into buying yet another filter for the stupid 5 gallon tank that was set up for the fair goldfish the kids won in grade school. The oldest of them lasted about 8 years, then the catfish was still alive, so I got guppies...the guppies over breed (over 50 fish in the tank at one time), there was the expected mass kill when the population got that big in such a small tank. The last guppy died this week, but the damn catfish is still alive! The filter isn't working...so I'll have to spend $40 on a new one (third one since the original free goldfish)
So, the kids who were in grade school when they won the goldfish, are now adults (or almost adults)

It is all your tee shirts fault!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

darthv8r

Shan, Loved itr before and still do, Reminds me of what my insides look like!

Kenney-I was about to get very angry, but then I spotted the pucker, very well done sir
Skek, of course you know you did a great job
and Dr. J, Yours is very scary, which makes it good!

Well done good chaps! votes all around

kenney9226

darthv8r wrote:Shan, Loved itr before and still do, Reminds me of what my insides look like!

Kenney-I was about to get very angry, but then I spotted the pucker, very well done sir
Skek, of course you know you did a great job
and Dr. J, Yours is very scary, which makes it good!

Well done good chaps! votes all around

Yes, I imagine you must have been as surprised as me to see the pucker so high up on the list when you sort it by votes.

This is a very entertaining derby so far, and I'm proud to be a small part of it...

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:L OL, what are those guys in that tank?

Characters from a bent and long-cancelled cartoon- Invader Zim. Zim is in the tank with the mini-moose. I plan to switch out the characters in the tank randomly each week.

dontwantaname wrote:It is all your tee shirts fault!!!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Woo hoo! Skek and Darth in the fog! Cool!

FWIW, Skek, I liked the round mouth too. But I would definitely buy this one either way.

Nice work from all youse guys so far!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Here's me begging for a vote! Or, begging for comments/suggestions, because I love those too. Actually, I think I'd rather have a sincere comment than an insincere vote. Probably.

darthv8r

Gumiho wrote:

Here's me begging for a vote! Or, begging for comments/suggestions, because I love those too. Actually, I think I'd rather have a sincere comment than an insincere vote. Probably.

nicely done, GMV