darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
kenney9226 wrote:

I was this close ------><------- to entering another as an off-centered kool-aid stain, just to see if I could press my luck!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
darthv8r wrote:

oh, you saw my design?

darthv8r

kenney9226 wrote:oh, you saw my design?

OH YEAAHH!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
darthv8r wrote:OH YEAAHH!

Nice to see this thread up near the top again. Long live us!!!!

Last Post, fellow shirters... the Tek is goin' to the promised land! (I hope!)

darthv8r

SkekTek wrote:Nice to see this thread up near the top again. Long live us!!!!

Last Post, fellow shirters... the Tek is goin' to the promised land! (I hope!)

OH YEAAHH YOOU AARREE! Congrats! Can't wait to see it up tonight! And Shan's on Saturday!

SkekTek

darthv8r wrote:OH YEAAHH YOOU AARREE! Congrats! Can't wait to see it up tonight! And Shan's on Saturday!

EDIT: <valley girl accent ON> Like, I know! It's like totally cool! <valley girl accent OFF>

shirtderbystats is having a konnipshin. People must be playing with their votes and checking the page to see what happened...

darthv8r

SkekTek wrote:EDIT: <valley girl accent ON> Like, I know! It's like totally cool! <valley girl accent OFF>

shirtderbystats is having a konnipshin. People must be playing with their votes and checking the page to see what happened...

LOL!

Goes great with my shirt!

rejection worthy?

SkekTek

darthv8r wrote:LOL!

Goes great with my shirt!

rejection worthy?

I love the concept. But be prepared for flak from the "artsy fartsy" crowd that it's too simple.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:I love the concept. But be prepared for flak from the "artsy fartsy" crowd that it's too simple.

simple = winner!

And I like the orange. There totally aren't enough orange shirts!

I am not "artsy," however.

Lots of things happen in leap years: presidential elections, summer olympics, uh, I guess that's it.

It ought to be a holiday where everybody, I mean everybody, even the salespeople at Macy's, takes the day off and does nothing but watch The Price Is Right all day.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:simple = winner!

And I like the orange. There totally aren't enough orange shirts!

I am not "artsy," however.

Lots of things happen in leap years: presidential elections, summer olympics, uh, I guess that's it.

It ought to be a holiday where everybody, I mean everybody, even the salespeople at Macy's, takes the day off and does nothing but watch The Price Is Right all day.

As someone that was employed by Bowling Green Stat University (Ohio), orange is always in season (colors were orange and brown). Not only are you showing your school colors, but in the backwoods of Ohio, there's a decreased likelihood of being shot by Bobby Knight

pennylaned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylaned
SkekTek wrote:I love the concept. But be prepared for flak from the "artsy fartsy" crowd that it's too simple.

hmm....I see, well is this one artsy enough to appease the crowd?

darthv8r

hmm....I see, well is this one artsy enough to appease the crowd?

penny, stop stealin' me post!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pennylaned wrote:hmm....I see, well is this one artsy enough to appease the crowd?

Oooh! Very pretty, Ms. Pennylaned.

BTW, congratulations on getting over 1,000 posts.

darthv8r

no1 wrote:Oooh! Very pretty, Ms. Pennylaned.

penny says thanks! She really feels like a whore now! *giggles* tee-hees!!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
darthv8r wrote:OH YEAAHH YOOU AARREE! Congrats! Can't wait to see it up tonight! And Shan's on Saturday!

Oh yeahhh I'm excited too, thanks for saying so. I like the 2 shirts for the new theme posted above, great job on those.

pennylaned

no1 wrote:Oooh! Very pretty, Ms. Pennylaned.

thank you for noticing my # of posts no1!! Am I officially in the "in" crowd now?

no1

pennylaned wrote:thank you for noticing my # of posts no1!! Am I officially in the "in" crowd now?

Ms. P,
You'll have to ask someone in the "in" crowd.

pennylaned

no1 wrote:Ms. P,
You'll have to ask someone in the "in" crowd.

I thought that you were. Are you in the jock crowd or the stoner crowd?

no1

pennylaned wrote:I thought that you were. Are you in the jock crowd or the stoner crowd?

Chess club, Ms. P.

Unfortunately I am very bad at chess as well. I lost every game I played that counted.

pennylaned

no1 wrote:Chess club, Ms. P.

Unfortunately I am very bad at chess as well. I lost every game I played that counted.

I bet you would be good in the stoner crowd!

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:Oh yeahhh I'm excited too, thanks for saying so. I like the 2 shirts for the new theme posted above, great job on those.

Hey shan, congrats! I know people think I'm first, but I'm not so sure. Regardless, it was a real good race the last few days. If you had turned in your design when I did, you'd be the clear winner. Good job!

shan24

SkekTek wrote:Hey shan, congrats! I know people think I'm first, but I'm not so sure. Regardless, it was a real good race the last few days. If you had turned in your design when I did, you'd be the clear winner. Good job!

Thanks, and major congrats to you too. I don't know about turning mine in any earlier, there's lots of love for poor little doomed fishy. I prefer to think that they'll get him out in time.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:Thanks, and major congrats to you too. I don't know about turning mine in any earlier, there's lots of love for poor little doomed fishy. I prefer to think that they'll get him out in time.

So, do you know if there are shirtly "perks" for being a featured artist? I got some info from the FAQ, but not sure if I need to buy a set of my own shirts if/when it goes up!

shan24

SkekTek wrote:So, do you know if there are shirtly "perks" for being a featured artist? I got some info from the FAQ, but not sure if I need to buy a set of my own shirts if/when it goes up!

It's been a while since See-Sawlitude was printed, but they gave me a code for 3 free shirts. I think it's still the same deal but not sure.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:It's been a while since See-Sawlitude was printed, but they gave me a code for 3 free shirts. I think it's still the same deal but not sure.

I'm gonna order 3 shirts, just in case. I'll give them as gifts if I end up getting 3 after all.

SkekTek

SkekTek wrote:I'm gonna order 3 shirts, just in case. I'll give them as gifts if I end up getting 3 after all.

Congrats shan! Figured you passed me!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Hello everyone. I've got two designs drafted up (which are both quite quite similar) but I can't seem to make my mind up on which one to go with. Does anyone have any feelings one way or another toward either of these images?
(The Rat, Dragon, and Monkey are all leap years in the Chinese Zodiac, although, technically, they don't do leap years but rather leap months.)

LEAP YEAR CIRCLE:

LEAP YEAR LINE:

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:Hello everyone. I've got two designs drafted up (which are both quite quite similar) but I can't seem to make my mind up on which one to go with. Does anyone have any feelings one way or another toward either of these images?
(The Rat, Dragon, and Monkey are all leap years in the Chinese Zodiac, although, technically, they don't do leap years but rather leap months.)

LEAP YEAR CIRCLE:

LEAP YEAR LINE:

I likem both! first one better tho

SkekTek

Here's my abstract concept. I still intend to "grunge" it. It's very subtle, which if woot allows it, could be good.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Here's my abstract concept. I still intend to "grunge" it. It's very subtle, which if woot allows it, could be good.

Oh Yes! Grunge it up!

I wish I hadn'r done "the leaping pucker" in the dreams derby a few weeks ago. Who wouldn't want a leaping pucker, man? As usual, I was just a little bit ahead of the times.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Oh Yes! Grunge it up!

I wish I hadn'r done "the leaping pucker" in the dreams derby a few weeks ago. Who wouldn't want a leaping pucker, man? As usual, I was just a little bit ahead of the times.

Who says you can't do it again? I'd do it. Perfect time.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Who says you can't do it again? I'd do it. Perfect time.

Your right.

My first design is actually done. It's 366 little puckers standing around. But they obviously are quite small and are practically a rectangle, so as to stretch the printer's ability (from what I hear about small details like tiny pucker hands), and not be "abstract" enough.

"February 29, just one day longer of winter."

last post!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Your right.

My first design is actually done. It's 366 little puckers standing around. But they obviously are quite small and are practically a rectangle, so as to stretch the printer's ability (from what I hear about small details like tiny pucker hands), and not be "abstract" enough.

"February 29, just one day longer of winter."

last post!

PERFECT! hey, you could do a 12-month calendar, with legions of puckers in the days, all some other color except Feb 29th, which is red. Text: "Women strike back" or something indicating its the day where women can ask out men.

Last Post.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:PERFECT! hey, you could do a 12-month calendar, with legions of puckers in the days, all some other color except Feb 29th, which is red. Text: "Women strike back" or something indicating its the day where women can ask out men.

Last Post.

Those are tiny puckers, only about 1 inch by 1 inch. Most of them are a little different from each other. It's neat sort of to see all those lips standing there, and adding month names will just force me to shrink them up even more.

Well, they can't all be pearls, I guess. But I am going to do my best.

I don't even need to change my signature-- I got the leaping little guy right there!!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:I likem both! first one better tho

I'm leaning that way myself, though I'm getting some comments that the shape of the dragon is ruining the circle. I don't know though.

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:I'm leaning that way myself, though I'm getting some comments that the shape of the dragon is ruining the circle. I don't know though.

I can see if you could rotate it 90 degrees to the left it'd make it more symmetrical, yes. But I think it looks good like it is, too...

darthv8r

Gumiho wrote:I'm leaning that way myself, though I'm getting some comments that the shape of the dragon is ruining the circle. I don't know though.

Put both in, they are both great!
Skek, very cool design.
Shan congrats on the win last night!
kenney,.......hey..... what's up?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:Here's my abstract concept. I still intend to "grunge" it. It's very subtle, which if woot allows it, could be good.

Why is the second circle behind the black things, but the third circle is in front of the black things?

Still single, can't imagine why.

kenney9226

darthv8r wrote:Put both in, they are both great!
Skek, very cool design.
Shan congrats on the win last night!
kenney,.......hey..... what's up?

Hi v8r! Seeing what's goin' down with the woot off as I'm home working on an entry and waiting for the pinnacle of my day-- a trip to the movie theater to see Hannah Montana's 3-D spectacle with hundreds of little girls with their dads!

Maybe it'll be sold out and I'll dodge the bullet.

darthv8r

kenney9226 wrote:Hi v8r! Seeing what's goin' down with the woot off as I'm home working on an entry and waiting for the pinnacle of my day-- a trip to the movie theater to see Hannah Montana's 3-D spectacle with hundreds of little girls with their dads!

Maybe it'll be sold out and I'll dodge the bullet.

I got my fingers crossed for you!

Hey Fen, long time no type, how are you?